THE BROWNS BOARD

2020 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Dutch Oven

9 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Sucky thing about the modern NFL de-valuing quality runners... they end up dropping to the 3rd and 4th rounds.

So the 2020 4th round RB is usually a pretty decent baller.  

Well, they have Conner......good Runner,  injury issues.    And they also drafted a guy in round 4 last year.....can't recall the name.   Snell?  They also have Jaylen Samuels.    How does this guy fit in.....and who is the odd man out?. 

I'm far more worried about the Ravens than Steelers. I see the Steelers in denial. They think they can compete for a title still but that window has closed, and their drafting style is a bit out-dated, imo. But that doesn't mean they still can't recognize good defensive players. But they didn't improve their receivers this draft that much at all and when, not if, Ben goes down, they have Rudolph backing him up.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

I'm far more worried about the Ravens than Steelers. I see the Steelers in denial. They think they can compete for a title still but that window has closed, and their drafting style is a bit out-dated, imo. But that doesn't mean still can't recognize good defensive players. But they didn't improve their receivers this draft that much at all and when, not if, Ben goes down, they have Rudolph backing him up.

Per Mel Kiper,  a QB was a Steeler priority.   They have not taken one, yet....into mid 4th round.    I guess it is not a priority for them.  

Wonder.....will they make a play for Winston/Newton?    Surely they won't go into the season with Rudolph/Hodges again at backup, will they? 

They are on the clock right now.....could they go Jake Fromm State Farm?

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... I was (Edit) not stating it as a negative... just as a body type, game type Comparable.

Sorry, tia... I left out kind of an important word...

I thought we had something in Devalve... for a while.

I did not see Bryant coming our way. Thought if we went TE late it'd be Vandy's Pinkney or similar blocking TE with develop prospects as a receiver.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Sorry, tia... I left out kind of an important word...

I thought we had something in Devalve... for a while.

I did not see Bryant coming our way. Thought if we went TE late it'd be Vandy's Pinkney or similar blocking TE with develop prospects as a receiver.

Ah, I see.    Well I would agree with the negative part of the Devalve issue.     I would have much prefferred a more traditional inline blocker to supplement.  However if we're looking to run a good deal of 3 TE looks, which Stef has done in the past, then double dipping at the psotion in a later round for a larger, blocking oriented body isn't out of the question.

I just feel Njoku's days are numbered here.

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Who the fuck is this twang-singing clown on my screen?

Is this what passes for Country music now-a-days?

Rumor has it injecting Lysol makes country music more palatable. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Rumor has it injecting Lysol makes country music more palatable. 

Country isn't country anymore.  It's 2 chord pop bullshit where 80% of the songs are basically about drinking and driving.

Problem is, the yeehaw crowd can't seem to realize their genre has become overproduced pop music.    Same thing happened to hip-hop.    Both used to have a very "raw" sound.   Now 90% of what comes out is trash.    2020 rap and country are damn near the exact same thing anymore.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Devalve could catch and run. That’s about it.

So... which one do you think Bryant can't do? :) 

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Country isn't country anymore.  It's 2 chord pop bullshit where 80% of the songs are basically about drinking and driving.

Problem is, the yeehaw crowd can't seem to realize their genre has become overproduced pop music.    Same thing happened to hip-hop.    Both used to have a very "raw" sound.   Now 90% of what comes out is trash.    2020 rap and country are damn near the exact same thing anymore.

Mumble rap is just horrific. Listen to any nonsensical mumble rap, then listen to Tupac. The difference is startling. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Let's hope not. 

Hope isn't a strategy, counter drafting is.  I'm going to want another big body on my defensive interior to deal with their hogs now.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

The other AFC North teams aren't making it easy for the Browns the last few days. 

To the Browns credit, the AFC North as a whole has hit a home run draft IMHO. 

It's going to be an absolute warzone of a division again really soon.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The other AFC North teams aren't making it easy for the Browns the last few days. 

Agree... Bengals still have a long way to go, but are moving up.

Steelers? Meh...

It's the Ravens that are getting even scarier.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree... Bengals still have a long way to go, but are moving up.

Steelers? Meh...

It's the Ravens that are getting even scarier.

The Ravens draft makes me sad. 

Like, it's good, and they keep taking Ohio State players I really like. 

Fuck and fuck. 

• Sad 1