THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

TypicalBrowns50

14 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Don't ever fucking lump me in with the casual fan ever again.  If I say something on here in the mold of what I'm discussing now (Baker) - then significant thought and film has been put into it.

Right now our QB is handicapping this offense.  Being truthful isn't "jumping ship". 

I lumped you in... DEAL WITH IT!

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Are the NFL analysts also overreacting then?  Or is it just because they like hating on Cleveland?

I don't believe either.

They're paid to overreact so yes for the lot of them.. And yes.. They LOVE hating on Cleveland have since we ruled the league in the 40's and 50's...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, nickers said:

They're paid to overreact so yes for the lot of them.. And yes.. They LOVE hating on Cleveland have since we ruled the league in the 40's and 50's...

I really did LOL .  Are you joking? 

Come to think of it where's Gipper been? Still reeling from being blown out by the "spermsuckers"  I suppose. I imagine him crouched in a corner rocking back and forth  with his thumb in his mouth clinging to a photo of Jim Brown.

I want to be wrong about Baker. I really do. Hopefully I will be.

Baker can't read defensive coverages, he made the same pick against the Ravens and Steelers. He's also become quite inaccurate  and evolving into an average QB, I'll predict that he won't be offered an extension this offseason unless he significantly turns things around.

1 minute ago, MDDawg said:

Baker can't read defensive coverages, he made the same pick against the Ravens and Steelers. He's also become quite inaccurate  and evolving into an average QB, I'll predict that he won't be offered an extension this offseason unless he significantly turns things around.

I can't see us not exercising his 5th-year option. He'd have to completely fall apart for that not to happen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I can't see us not exercising his 5th-year option. He'd have to completely fall apart for that not to happen.

right now it appears he is going the same route as good ole colt mccoy.......baker if he does not improve, will just vanish like colt....stuffed on another teams bench.....

16 hours ago, nickers said:

6 games in at 4-2 and the pitchforks are already out... You guys don't deserve a franchise QB... You deserve a Trubisky/Hoyer type...

a fucking franchise qb.......are you saying mayfield is a franchise qb......wow.....where did uou get that weed you be smokin dude.....

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

THE BROWNS BOARD 

13Qr.gif     Sunday can't get here fast enough...   Sleep tight, 🧔Merica !!    

Losing to the leaders in your own division (one of which actually used to be you) by a combined 76-13 will do it I guess! 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Don't ever fucking lump me in with the casual fan ever again.  If I say something on here in the mold of what I'm discussing now (Baker) - then significant thought and film has been put into it.

Right now our QB is handicapping this offense.  Being truthful isn't "jumping ship". 

During the 4 game winning streak, Baker contributed to 56 of the 150 total points scored during the 4 game span. The other 94 points where by other Browns players. He never cracked 250 yards passing in any game and passed for a lousy 156 in the Washington game and 165 in the Dallas game which further proves that the rest of the team is masking his flaws with their play. We only had about 45 yards rushing against the Steelers which meant Baker had to make plays in the passing game to give us a chance. You can also say the defense couldn't stop them but we only scored 7 points with 2 Int's and one being a pick 6 that put us behind early. Any way you slice it hurt or not, Baker flat out stunk. Franchise Qb's find a way to get it done when their team needs them.

7 hours ago, browns52 said:

a fucking franchise qb.......are you saying mayfield is a franchise qb......wow.....where did uou get that weed you be smokin dude.....

Lol you bit on that one hard..... I didn't say Baker was a Franchise QB.. I still think he has the potential.. Where I get my weed is NOYB

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, D Bone said:

For me it has zero to do with the last game... It's the culmination and lack of progression in every one of his games that has me worried.

I openly admit that I wasn't a fan of the pick and that more than likely skews my vision, but he just hasn't passed the eye test for me yet - no matter how hard I squint.  

I was surprised with Baker at #1 overall. I get it now. It takes the type of player that Baker is to be the QB of this franchise. It's only year 3. Growth is not always linear.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I was surprised with Baker at #1 overall. I get it now. It takes the type of player that Baker is to be the QB of this franchise. It's only year 3. Growth is not always linear.

Perhaps, but name all the QBs who became good after regressing his 2nd and 3rd year compared to their rookie year. Jim Plunket, maybe? It's a short list. We all made excuses for 2019. But he just hasn't got any better even with a real coach instead of Freddie Ass Clown and an improved OL and TE.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Perhaps, but name all the QBs who became good after regressing his 2nd and 3rd year compared to their rookie year. Jim Plunket, maybe? It's a short list. We all made excuses for 2019. But he just hasn't got any better even with a real coach instead of Freddie Ass Clown and an improved OL and TE.  

I have defended Baker for the longest time but it has come to the point where it's obvious that he is the weak link. He either up's his game or becomes another name on the back of the jersey. FACT.

315f13094bb1786888dad2496d61dd7e.jpg

I'm not trying to pile on because I desperately want Baker to succeed, but I'm watching the Eagles and Giants play and both QBs are making throws that Baker can't make. 

What's historically been the cure for what ails Baker? The Bengals. But I'm telling you now, our DL has to step up. We haven't had a sack on the DL from someone not named Myles Garrett since week 3. I'm so sick of seeing Vernon get absolutely dominated by tackles, it's not funny. DO SOMETHING Vernon. 

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

Meh.

Name a QB that has had 4 different head coaches in his first 3 seasons... That still has a chance to be one of three QB’s in NFL history to throw for 3500 yards and 25+ td’s. 

Ya, he didn’t play well against Baltimore. Game one of a COVID season with a new head coach, new offense and no preseason... playing against the number one seed the year before, at their house. Shocker.  The guy straps up to go out and play against Pitt with an injury, and doesn’t play well, mean while the defense has 2 starters playing in the back 7 and some boarder line practice squad players  playing secondary.... 

He rips off games with over 100qbr’s and people complain he threw for under 200 yards. Why the hell would you throw the ball when your run game is what it is? It will be the same this Sunday. He will throw for under 200 yards, and they will most likely run on Cincy all day. How many yards did last years MVP throw per game last year? Cause it wasn’t over 200 many times...

The only way his option shouldn’t be picked up for the 5th year is if Dallas calls and wants to trade Dak. Otherwise, what the hell else is out there... and don’t even talk to me about this team drafting another QB.... Let’s have a few seasons where they win games and make a few playoff/wild card runs before they draft total flops at QB again or they trot out Seneca Wallace/Brian Hoyer/Case Keenum and go back into the basement.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm not trying to pile on because I desperately want Baker to succeed, but I'm watching the Eagles and Giants play and both QBs are making throws that Baker can't make. 

Ya.... I keep hearing this too. Kept hearing how great Josh Allen was on 92.3 the Fan from Dustin Fox. 

That poor SOB couldn’t have hit water throwing a football out of a boat in the middle of Lake Erie last week. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hx214 said:

That poor SOB couldn’t have hit water throwing a football out of a boat in the middle of Lake Erie last week

😂😂

The biggest thing is for Baker to attack the middle. If he can't do that, his career is over. That pick 6 certainly my help because that was the easiest read ever. What Baker really needs is a game where the defense and special teams just takes over and the running game finishes it off. Let's take the pressure off the guy and let him continue to learn. 

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

😂😂

The biggest thing is for Baker to attack the middle. If he can't do that, his career is over. That pick 6 certainly my help because that was the easiest read ever. What Baker really needs is a game where the defense and special teams just takes over and the running game finishes it off. Let's take the pressure off the guy and let him continue to learn. 

And if he's playing under the same system next year, producing the same mediocre results, still surrounded by a good to very good amount of talent, what will the Baker apologists say then, I wonder? 

Fine, let's go with the fact that he's played under a different head coach every year. I think that is a valid excuse. 

But if he's still producing the same results next year, under Stefanski again, in his fourth season, then what? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tank for BQBA.😁

Barbecue? I'm always in for a barbecue. 

10 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

What's historically been the cure for what ails Baker? The Bengals. But I'm telling you now, our DL has to step up. We haven't had a sack on the DL from someone not named Myles Garrett since week 3. I'm so sick of seeing Vernon get absolutely dominated by tackles, it's not funny. DO SOMETHING Vernon. 

They say he had sore ribs and whatever......but what about the offensive letdown last year.......with the defensive problems to be fair.

Do the BROWNS try to hang on to the same coaching carrosel currently in place for a few years to see what happens ?

Unfortunately the BROWNS currently aren't in the NFCE right now and their division might be tough for a few years to come. But maybe a 5-2 record will cheer everyone up !

........ don't even think about 20 more years of futility. :huh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Barbecue? I'm always in for a barbecue. 

Oh yeah !   With a side of a big BROWNS win would be even better.

........now going 5-2 does sound good right now.  :)

I forgot, I charted plays and watched half a season's games worth of OU football that year.     Dated November 21, 2017.

One of my largest observations that season was Baker throwing off ball action and no action.   The results were pretty significantly different at times.  

Now ask yourself, has anything really progressed or improved fundamentally with our QB in 3 years? 

Screenshot_2020-10-23-12-21-06-1.thumb.png.1433fa886e058da94b92c2fd23ad87c7.png

• Upvote 1