THE BROWNS BOARD

Clowney is a Brownie

Vambo

1 hour ago, Orion said:

...nope.  It's him. :)

-----------------

I think that Berry's current attitude is This:   We're building for the future, but along the way we want to rack up a few super bowls.  

🤣🤣

Oh, we'll just stumble upon a couple of Super Bowl appearances on the way to becoming a dynasty, will we? 

54 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

🤣🤣

Oh, we'll just stumble upon a couple of Super Bowl appearances on the way to becoming a dynasty, will we? 

That's the way I see it. 

We've gone out in FA and signed some guys to fill some defensive holes for the here and now.  We already have some guys for the future in Delpit and Greedy.  We're going to draft some guys for the future in a couple of weeks.  Perhaps we sign Clowney for the here and now.  

I think Berry sees our super bowl window open right here and now.  So let's win some super bowls now, while we're building for the future.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Knees haven't been an issue the past two seasons. Recently missed times have been core injuries.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. He missed half of last year with another knee injury/surgery. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

End of his career at 28? I don't think so.

I absolutely love the idea of signing him if health checks out. Biggest thing is that he wouldn't have to play starting snaps. He could be a very nice rotational player and maybe more if he's feeling good. He's only 28...and a #1 pick. We'd have dueling top picks at DE...yes please. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Orion said:

I thought word from his camp was that we 'Weren't a good fit' for him?  Why would we fit now?  No better offers?

In the end, I want Berry to get what he wants.

Let's face it- Clowney is a mercenary. If he signs with the Browns, it means there were no better offers out there.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I absolutely love the idea of signing him if health checks out. Biggest thing is that he wouldn't have to play starting snaps. He could be a very nice rotational player and maybe more if he's feeling good. He's only 28...and a #1 pick. We'd have dueling top picks at DE...yes please. 

Old Browns vs. New Browns.

Old Browns may get a big name type guy.  For example, Willie McGinest and play him 70-80% of the snaps. He’s not effective in that role. 

When we were after Watt I loved the idea under the condition that JJ wasn’t expected to play 70-80% of the snaps. 

I think Clowney and his agent want an opportunity in a 70-80% snap role so he can get numbers and sign a big deal next season when the cap opens up.  He understands what we have and maybe we’ve explained his more limited role here.  

I don’t think it’s about money THIS season...teams are scrapping together pennies because of the cap.  His agent wants a circumstance that allows Clowney to flourish the most to set up the big pay day in 2022.  The Browns have half the equation - he will get less doubles with Myles but does he want to be involved in our super rotation.  We may have told his agent we aren’t done upfront with just Clowney we are bringing in more prospects via the draft.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So Clowney comes in tomorrow.   A couple of weeks before the draft.  Perfect!  

Poke him, prod him, question him...all that stuff.  Separately and collectively figure it out in the next few days.  And then focus on April 29th with him either ON your team or not.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

So Clowney comes in tomorrow.   A couple of weeks before the draft.  Perfect!  

Poke him, prod him, question him...all that stuff.  Separately and collectively figure it out in the next few days.  And then focus on April 29th with him either ON your team or not.  

I'm betting it's sign him on a one year with incentives and then draft another Edge type LB. Send 5 from all directions and watch the QB squirm.

• Upvote 1

It has to be the right deal for the Browns.. Not the other way around..... Incidently.. Has anyone noticed how quiet the Haslams have been since the turnaround?... I do believe this is a good thing and hope the up swing continues...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nickers said:

It has to be the right deal for the Browns.. Not the other way around..... Incidently.. Has anyone noticed how quiet the Haslams have been since the turnaround?... I do believe this is a good thing and hope the up swing continues...

They finally made good hires and got out of the way.

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2021 at 1:00 PM, tiamat63 said:

Sig bet it's either DB or WR (barring Micah Parsons miracle drop)

What one are you more confident in? I personally believe it will be wr. I don't think we are drafting db unless greedy still isn't healthy. I'm not high on greedy but I think the browns are.  Plus delpit Harrison Johnson III are the 3  safeties for the 3 safety looks woods loves. Signed Troy Hill to man the nickel spot and I know many here aren't high on ward but I'm bullish on him. If you take only db and I get only wr I'll take that sig bet lol

One year.... $8mm with incentives for an added $2mm.

Smart deal.

Can't wait to see the incentives, but have to guess there's number of starts including playoff starts.

Berry is going for it in 2021.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

What one are you more confident in? I personally believe it will be wr. I don't think we are drafting db unless greedy still isn't healthy. I'm not high on greedy but I think the browns are.  Plus delpit Harrison Johnson III are the 3  safeties for the 3 safety looks woods loves. Signed Troy Hill to man the nickel spot and I know many here aren't high on ward but I'm bullish on him. If you take only db and I get only wr I'll take that sig bet lol

More confident in DB.  And keep in mind Troy wasn't JUST signed to play nickel.  Chances are he'll be outside when we're in our nickel base.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

More confident in DB

Certainly in the mix, but which Rnd 1-worthy one falls to us at 26 who is not named Farley?

Of course if he does and our Med Staff has cleared him, then cha-ching.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:53 PM, jiggins7919 said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. He missed half of last year with another knee injury/surgery. 

My bad... my former go-to was not updated thru 2020 season... https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/jadeveon-clowney/6932

Meniscus surgery, left knee... his 2nd I believe with the first being on the right knee. But of the knee injury options it is the least concerning.

Joe Woods must be pitching a tent...

• MG and JD early down bookends...
  • TakMac spelling JD primarily in passing downs or...
  • taking MG's spot in a Nascar with MG moving inside.

Could be pitching a big-top...

Another contract thought...

$8mm was our number... $10mm was his.. the compromise was giving him a path to his number.

I did not say it was a deep thought... :D