THE BROWNS BOARD

Clowney is a Brownie

Vambo

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Maybe the best hit I’ve seen in College Football

Yes... but it was also the biggest blown OL assignment in college football.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Berry is going for it in 2021.

I said it yesterday, Berry is building for the future, but he wants to rack up some super bowls while he's at it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

AFC North
Hide your QB...better draft some Tackles.

8D5F5D1F-39A5-4BA9-AB3C-866FB5A93DA4.jpeg

That was a solid hit and i love seeing a Michigan player blown up but I believe Clowney has been vastly overrated since this hit. I'm still happy with the signing but I'm also not expecting double digit sacks from him this year or anything. I'm a homer but I'm partial to this hit. I love Gus Johnson btw (see Woody not a complete hater of Michigan) and his call of this.  "You got barbecue back there and didn't invite me? Hurt. My. Feelings."

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

That was a solid hit and i love seeing a Michigan player blown up but I believe Clowney has been vastly overrated since this hit. I'm still happy with the signing but I'm also not expecting double digit sacks from him this year or anything. I'm a homer but I'm partial to this hit. I love Gus Johnson btw (see Woody not a complete hater of Michigan) and his call of this.  "You got barbecue back there and didn't invite me? Hurt. My. Feelings."

Can’t decide if the hit or the one hand pickup while he’s squatting over the back was more impressive

52 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

When possible [eg, not in the 2-minute] here's guessing they'll play as many at the same time as possible.. would Clowney kick inside?

I would kick Clowney inside or Myles.  They are both versatile.  Playing them side by side is an intriguing prospect too. 

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ok Christian Barmore----------------------come on down. Bets anyone?

I’ll take the bet.
Our Browns Board Scout Team (Tiamat) didn’t seem to give Barmore an endorsement.

Im sensing slight trade up an Horn or maybe Newsome at 26. Jamin Davis or Moehrig maybe.  I got Four names.

I think we target DT in second or third I think a better spot and not much of a drop off...Nixon or McNeil.  3rd round Milton Williams 4th round Jaylen Twyman

2 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Maybe he can pay for a haircut 

Why? dude rocks dreads...   a lot of people do.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Certainly in the mix, but which Rnd 1-worthy one falls to us at 26 who is not named Farley?

Of course if he does and our Med Staff has cleared him, then cha-ching.

Couldn't tell you which besides Farley are worthy IMHO.   Horn is the big name but aside from the Bama game, haven't watched him.

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

AFC North
Hide your QB...better draft some Tackles.

8D5F5D1F-39A5-4BA9-AB3C-866FB5A93DA4.jpeg

As much as I hate scUM, most overrated hit in college football.  But JD can thank his lucky stars for it otherwise Mack may have gotten more #1 overall hype.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

When possible [eg, not in the 2-minute] here's guessing they'll play as many at the same time as possible.. would Clowney kick inside?

Possible any of them do, my money would be on Takk though.  Myles first sack was from the 3-tech on a 6 man pressure IIRC.   

But could we see a Gmen lineup with Myles, JD, Gustin and Takk?  Wouldn't rule it out.  

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ok Christian Barmore----------------------come on down. Bets anyone?

Don't know if it's Barmore, but another penetrating DT next to Richardson?

Sign me up...

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

One year.... $8mm with incentives for an added $2mm.

Smart deal.

Can't wait to see the incentives, but have to guess there's number of starts including playoff starts.

Berry is going for it in 2021.

Ditto Tour. Right player at the right price... 

One thing that hasn't been talked about is that Berry has brought in guys who want to make a point. It's about pride. Clowney wants to prove he is a top tier player, Takk wants to live up to 1st round potential. Greedy & Delpit want to show what they are made of after injuries. Even Ward is motivated by it being a contract year. These are players with a lot of motivation. Statistically, not all of them will rise to the occasion but there is still a very high potential ceiling.

• Upvote 1

Heard the news & I was... stoked ! !  Lebowsi Hell yes GIF - Lebowsi Hell yes Im so excited GIFs   This should cause Pittsburgh & the Bengals to draft... Offensive Tackles ! ! Well played AB... 

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

True.  

Is it Kwity Paye scenario - scheme and getting the pressures but not the numbers? 

Paye had 11 1/2 in 28 games 

If it is, it must be two consecutive schemes that has held him down.

He had 3 sacks in 13 games with Seattle prior to having none in half a season with Tennessee last year.

The Browns needed pass rushing help this offseason. I don't understand how Clowney - who has never been a great NFL pass rusher and is getting worse - and Takk McKinley - who has been a disappointment so far in his NFL career, help this weakness. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

If it is, it must be two consecutive schemes that has held him down.

He had 3 sacks in 13 games with Seattle prior to having none in half a season with Tennessee last year.

Well, I guess he's due then...... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Can we get pressures, stellar run defense, maybe some pass knockdowns and some overall general concern for him from opposing teams...that’s a major win for us.  Seems attainable too. 

I would have taken Vernon over Clowney easily if it wasn't for Vernon's injury. 

While it remains to be seen if Clowney can stay healthy, I will say that it is great to see the Browns hyper actively trying to fix their glaring deficiency from last year. That alone is all I was asking for and they have exceeded my hopes 2 weeks before draft day.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

3 sacks in his last 22 games played.

Three

...yeah...that's not very flattering...

But I once was watching a game and saw a replay of a play that he had just made......he was lined up inside and at the snap of the ball he juked one way, then pounced back in the other direction and tapped the guard on the back as he was leaving him in the dust while wrapping up the QB and ending the play before it even got started.   I remember being in awe ....of somebody of that size, being so blazing quick.....

We'll see.  

It's probably a good idea to build a nice rotation for Myles.  We saw how he struggled for breath after having COVID last year.  And who knows how long that lasts?  And who knows what the NFL is going to be like this year, COVID wise?  A good rotation might be a good idea especially in COVID times.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

...yeah...that's not very flattering...

But I once was watching a game and saw a replay of a play that he had just made......he was lined up inside and at the snap of the ball he juked one way, then pounced back in the other direction and tapped the guard on the back as he was leaving him in the dust while wrapping up the QB and ending the play before it even got started.   I remember being in awe ....of somebody of that size, being so blazing quick.....

We'll see.  

It's probably a good idea to build a nice rotation for Myles.  We saw how he struggled for breath after having COVID last year.  And who knows how long that lasts?  And who knows what the NFL is going to be like this year, COVID wise?  A good rotation might be a good idea especially in COVID times.

Sure, a good stable of DLinemen is always a great thing, and Clowney does bring some good things to the table.

But this team is no better at rushing the QB today than they were when they walked off the field at Arrowhead in January.