THE BROWNS BOARD

The Afghan plan

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That was all I expected you to say but you launched into a Trump tirade.

WSS

Just sayin' Steve.. Who negotiated the deal with the Taliban that started this shit show rolling?  Hmmm?  Funny how the little factoid touting that magically disappeared off the RNC's website. :)  Yup- a serious failure to not plan for a "worst case scenario" which is what this is.  BTW- I beat JABF to the punch, saying around $20 billion of US weaponry is now in Taliban hands. Definitely not good. 

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

In fairness I was all for this move. I would have supported it had Trump done it as well. Nobody knew it would fuck up this badly.

There are plenty of other horrible things that he Tex and woodpecker are responsible for but...

WSS

Exactly. However- the short attention spans around here are only focused on one thing... The events of the last couple weeks.  This didn't happen in a vacuum- it was 20 years in the making. I'm surprised Cal hasn't cranked up an Obama rant yet- he was another of the preceding presidents that deserves plenty of blame. 

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just sayin' Steve.. Who negotiated the deal with the Taliban that started this shit show rolling?  Hmmm?  Funny how the little factoid touting that magically disappeared off the RNC's website. :)  Yup- a serious failure to not plan for a "worst case scenario" which is what this is.  BTW- I beat JABF to the punch, saying around $20 billion of US weaponry is now in Taliban hands. Definitely not good. 

Exactly. However- the short attention spans around here are only focused on one thing... The events of the last couple weeks. 

that's how it's always been

This didn't happen in a vacuum- it was 20 years in the making. I'm surprised Cal hasn't cranked up an Obama rant yet- he was another of the preceding presidents that deserves plenty of blame. 

I don't know if it's worth going back to check but I hated the Afghanistan war under Bush hated it worse when Obama escalated it. Make of that what you will. But the fact that Cal  obsesses over Obama is your reasoning for doing it now over Trump?

WSS

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Exactly. However- the short attention spans around here are only focused on one thing... The events of the last couple weeks.  This didn't happen in a vacuum- it was 20 years in the making. I'm surprised Cal hasn't cranked up an Obama rant yet- he was another of the preceding presidents that deserves plenty of blame. 

BULLSHIT!

This is why I rarely read your nonsense. Biden could have reversed course his FIRST day in office like he did on everything else Trump did FOR our nation.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

White House makes admission about US weapons in the hands of Taliban killers

3 hours ago, Axe said:

BULLSHIT!

This is why I rarely read your nonsense. Biden could have reversed course his FIRST day in office like he did on everything else Trump did FOR our nation.

At some point Hoorta needs to stop blaming Trump for all of Biden's mistakes but his TDS is so deep and twisted he can't!

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Fiddling while the world burns2021-08-17_181939.thumb.png.4cbeb859f93ef842749edde9354d606e.png

• Upvote 2

On 8/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, calfoxwc said:

are Hoorta, Tex and woodpecker dancing around laughing about this too?

Their votes against Pres Trump and America First.... helped make this horror happen

You are aware are you not that trumpy's plan was full withdrawal by last April. Do you really think it would have been any bit different?

And concerning the whole endeavor, I see it as very little different from the Vietnam fiasco. A blind man could see it coming for years and

both sides were involved up to the assholes whenever they were in power. We learned zero from Vietnam and even less from what happened to the 

Russians in Afghanistan.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You are aware are you not that trumpy's plan was full withdrawal by last April. Do you really think it would have been any bit different?

And concerning the whole endeavor, I see it as very little different from the Vietnam fiasco. A blind man could see it coming for years and

both sides were involved up to the assholes whenever they were in power. We learned zero from Vietnam and even less from what happened to the 

Russians in Afghanistan.

Give me a break.  It would hve been a lot different.  Biden was told by the intelligence that it would be best to withdraw during the winter.  Not the summer fighting months.  But the demented old fuck didn't listen.  Listen to the Generals and experts on the matter, including democratic appointed ambassadors to Afghan.  They know Biden is a a fucking dipshit.

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Russians in Afghanistan.

Fiddling while the world burns2021-08-17_181939.thumb.png.93e5b305dfe90777011e4180675635cd.png

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

^Full blown BDS-  400,000 Americans dead from covid, masks optional "it's just going to go away". X 26.  THE BLOOD HAS STAINED TRUMP'S HANDS.  Do me a favor, and either inject some disinfectant or ram a UV light up your ass.  

Pompeo has to be dumber than a box of rocks if he thought for 1\2 a second the Taliban would actually negotiate in good faith. Your hero started the ball rolling for this disaster. FACT. 

And- as I said before- if the Afghan "army" can't defend their own country- well, you saw what's happened. The Afghan government wisely took the first plane out of Dodge- they knew they were dead meat.  You know- the government the Taliban told Pompeo that they'd negotiate with when they took over?  :D :D :D  We'll get as many folks out of the country as we can.  :( 

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm surprised it took this long.

Screenshot_20210817-065405_AOL.jpg

Original deal negotiated was pull out by May 1.

OBiden nixed that, and changed the deadline to September 12 (interesting date) - no negotiations.

In short, OBiden broke the deal, and totally mismanaged the pullout even during the "grace" period that was given between May 1 and now.

Let's even forget about all - it's looking like something more is going on than all of that.

Sure we're going to see a lot more going on about this going forward.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Give me a break.  It would hve been a lot different.  Biden was told by the intelligence that it would be best to withdraw during the winter.  Not the summer fighting months.  But the demented old fuck didn't listen.  Listen to the Generals and experts on the matter, including democratic appointed ambassadors to Afghan.  They know Biden is a a fucking dipshit.

Last I knew April is not in the winter. That was trumpy's plan for complete withdrawal. Note that I did not say Biden's withdrawal plan was any good. I only said that trumpy would have been no better. PS-and you have all forgotten his abandonment of the Kurds in Syria.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Last I knew April is not in the winter. That was trumpy's plan for complete withdrawal. Note that I did not say Biden's withdrawal plan was any good. I only said that trumpy would have been no better. PS-and you have all forgotten his abandonment of the Kurds in Syria.

On July 8, President Biden said a Taliban takeover was “highly unlikely,” adding that there would be “no circumstance [where] you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy.”

And even if the Taliban did eventually take over, said U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken in June, it won’t “be something that happens from a Friday to a Monday.”

But that’s exactly what did happen. The Afghan troops that the U.S. trained, bribed, and supported for 20 years didn’t fight to the last man… They simply dropped their guns and joined the other side.

In all of military history, we can’t think of any defeat so quick… so complete… or so ignominious.

Biden and Blinken were advised and informed by 17 different “intelligence” agencies – the CIA, the NSA, etc. – with billion-dollar budgets, thousands of big-head analysts, and all the latest spy technology. 

How could they all be so incompetent?

Journalist Glenn Greenwald reports that the Pentagon had long reported that the Afghan army, which outnumbered the Taliban 4-to-1, was both incompetent and unreliable.

They didn’t make a “mistake,” said Greenwald, interviewed on Fox News by Tucker Carlson this morning, “they lied.”

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Vambo said:

White House makes admission about US weapons in the hands of Taliban killers

See what your vote did  Hoorta?   BOLSTERING EVIL Your TDS in action shame on you!

My, my things a little slow in the flame baiting\ personal attack world today?   

However, you have no fucking idea that if your Orange Messiah was in power- it would have been any different.  Yeah- he would have nuked 'em... 🤣

Go hug your Trump poster. He (sort of) went away. Too bad the virus he said 26 times was going to- didn't.   

I agree with Tex- as we're both old enough to remember it. We learned nothing from Viet Nam. 

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

My, my things a little slow in the flame baiting\ personal attack world today?   

However, you have no fucking idea that if your Orange Messiah was in power- it would have been any different.  Yeah- he would have nuked 'em... 🤣

Go hug your Trump poster. He (sort of) went away. Too bad the virus he said 26 times was going to- didn't.   

I agree with Tex- as we're both old enough to remember it. We learned nothing from Viet Nam. 

US officials issue private warning to Biden about troop withdrawal deadline

Trump is your Messiah you  think and talk about him all the time, you love you some Trump!

Taliban violently break up protest in eastern Afghanistan, video shows