THE BROWNS BOARD

๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐ŸŸซ๐ŸŸซ๐ŸŸซโฌœโฌœโฌœ๐ŸŸง๐ŸŸง๐ŸŸงOfficial Gameday Thread: Texans at Browns๐ŸŸง๐ŸŸง๐ŸŸงโฌœโฌœโฌœ๐ŸŸซ๐ŸŸซ๐ŸŸซ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ

Zombo

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Serious question:ย 

Do TV commentators have a TV with our feed in their box? Because I swear they seem to be missing some obvious stuff here.ย 

I canโ€™t tell. I have been listening to the radio because they put the stoolers and bungles games on done here in WV ๐Ÿคฎ

Just now, Browns149 said:

I started Baker over Aaron Rodgers

That's usually a weird thing to do, but man, Rodgers looks like a guy who doesn't give a fuck with the Packers this year.

(Writing this I just guaranteed he'll have another MVP season)

Just now, Browns149 said:

I canโ€™t tell. I have been listening to the radio because they put the stoolers and bungles games on done here in WV ๐Ÿคฎ

Have you considered moving to NE Ohio?

You could watch all the Browns games, and far less people around here are married to their close relatives.ย 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Have you considered moving to NE Ohio?

You could watch all the Browns games, and far less people around here are married to their close relatives.ย 

I lived there for 48 years. Had season tickets from 1999 to 2018.
you canโ€™t marry your cousin here. Contrary to what most people think.ย 

• Haha 1

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Oh I'M SORRY I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA?!?!

Fucking commies have clearly won.

There are other states you can marry your cousin. But not here

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Holy shit please tell me I'm not the only guy here who just saw that chick in the Dawg Pound with the epic fun bags!?

She was dressed like the Brownie elf, except with giant boobs.ย 

I concur, they were fuckin huge!!ย 

๐Ÿ˜›

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Game over-well done.

And got to finish my salmon afternoon dinnerย  ย -and-ย  ย watch the Steelers walk off the field losers in front of a half empty stadium.

What a nice football ๐Ÿˆ Sunday.ย  ย  ย :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

This linebacker situation is breaking this defense.ย 

correct sir.. if we trade a good piece? It's for a solid LB addition..ย  Malcolm Smith was not a bad playย today.ย For a guy playing atย age 32, that will fall off at some point..ย 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I donโ€™t think it is a personnel issueโ€ฆthey need some time together and our coordinator needs to push the right buttons.

this cushion crap needs to endย 

ย 

So... do you want me to name off our linebackers? Or do you still think we don't have a 2nd level issue?ย 

53 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You aren't nickers, but you definitely have a passing knowledge of American football.ย 

Started this season with a $45 deposit.ย  After week 2 sitting at $604.30 in that account.

Also got a beer bought for me buy an older guy at the bar after explaining to him how Baker fucked up that throw on a hitch-dig against cover 2.

ย 

Either that or he thought I was cute...ย  I'm good either way, because I'm shallow AF.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Lemon and Dill on the Salmon?ย 

The wife changed it up from our regular grilled salmon marinade with Dijon (see food thread) to a baked salmon with a red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, etc, etc, etc.

It was good but I much prefer the ASIAN GRILLED SALMON preferably on a cedar plank to the baked recipe.

GO BROWNS,ย  nice day but I'm ready for my Butter Pecan ice cream dessert.......baby !

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The wife changed it up from our regular grilled salmon marinade with Dijon (see food thread) to a baked salmon with a red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, etc, etc, etc.

It was good but I much prefer the ASIAN GRILLED SALMON preferably on a cedar plank to the baked recipe.

GO BROWNS,ย  nice day but I'm ready for my Butter Pecan ice cream dessert.......baby !

Wow sounds amazing. ย 

41 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

ย 

So... do you want me to name off our linebackers? Or do you still think we don't have a 2nd level issue?ย 

Available todayโ€ฆYou haveย ย a coverage backer (smith), a run stuffer (Taki), and young up and comer do it all (or so it seems) (JOK).

Do you want a Pro Bowler at every level?ย 

12 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Available todayโ€ฆYou haveย ย a coverage backer (smith), a run stuffer (Taki), and young up and comer do it all (or so it seems) (JOK).

Do you want a Pro Bowler at every level?ย 

Malcolm Smith, apart from his good playย against a terribly thrown ball today, is an absolute liability in coverage.ย  ย  Taki is limited as well because if he's not screaming downhill and killing someone, he's out of place underneath.ย  And Young JOK is just that... young.ย  ย He got beat inside by Kelce, while shaded INSIDE.ย  ย He's a tremendous athlete that desperately needs his mentals and eyes to catch up to his physical ability.

I'm not asking for Pro-bowlers, but effective players would be nice.ย  Right now this team is tremendous against the running game and in the redzone. That's reflective of our strengths as a front 7.ย ย ย But our liability in the pass rush outside of Myles along with our relative weakness against quality passing teams at our 2nd level is a real problem.

It has been said before and even on this forum, the LB's are the glue that holds a good defense together.ย  We won't be a good defense without them.

So I was surprised at the end of the game when the announcers mentioned that Chubb finished with only 95 yards, considering how many big runs he seemed to have.

Just looked up the game stats... Chubb had 95 yards onย 11ย carries. Hunt averaged less than four yards a carry, but got 13 carries.

I thought I sensed Chubb seemed a little annoyed at the end of the game, and this could be why.

47 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Malcolm Smith, apart from his good playย against a terribly thrown ball today, is an absolute liability in coverage.ย  ย  Taki is limited as well because if he's not screaming downhill and killing someone, he's out of place underneath.ย  And Young JOK is just that... young.ย  ย He got beat inside by Kelce, while shaded INSIDE.ย  ย He's a tremendous athlete that desperately needs his mentals and eyes to catch up to his physical ability.

I'm not asking for Pro-bowlers, but effective players would be nice.ย  Right now this team is tremendous against the running game and in the redzone. That's reflective of our strengths as a front 7.ย ย ย But our liability in the pass rush outside of Myles along with our relative weakness against quality passing teams at our 2nd level is a real problem.

It has been said before and even on this forum, the LB's are the glue that holds a good defense together.ย  We won't be a good defense without them.

We had a coordinator problem in the first half. ย And our Star defensive back played a soft cushion and gave up some big plays.ย 

Unpopular with some on here calling out Woods and Ward but it is the truth.

We are talking about linebackers and our Star corner had a very disappointing game.ย 

The second half in one particular drive we didnโ€™t tackle well at all- Not a Woods problem. ย Butย Woods astutely dialed up a blitz with Delpit and Hill that put the Texans behind the chains on two separate occasions. Football 101โ€ฆfront 4 ainโ€™t getting there got bring a backer/safety/corner. Heโ€™s slow on that and it took him a little while too today.ย 

I donโ€™t think the talent level will ever be as good as it is now across the board- we have some pending paydays coming. ย We have some upside potential (JOK, maybe even Taki).ย 

Joe has to be solid like he was in the second half. ย