THE BROWNS BOARD

Kyle Rittenhouse

ATOM

6 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Long time no see.

DH I know you served so I will bring this up. Totally unrelated to Rittenhouse but I have been working as a VSR for the VA. So if any of the vets here need some insights into compensation stuff just shoot me a PM.

The VA is also doing a big push to get survivor claims for guys who have passed on from Agent Orange related conditions that are now recognized by the VA.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

image.thumb.png.ddd07d251e316853d87faa7618be2bcc.png

Remember how wrong they were  about a "hangman's noose" being hung in Bubba Wallaces garage.

Remember how wrong they were by claiming that Trump said that "there were good people on both sides" in reference to Antifa and the White Supremists.

Remember how wrong they were by reporting the George Floyd riots as being peaceful demonstrations.

Even farther back than that:

Remember how wrong they were about Michael Brown and "hands up don't shoot".

Remember how wrong they were about the Aurora Colorado theater shooter being a member of the Tea Party.

Remember how wrong they (Dan Rather} were about George Bush's National Guard service...at least back then they apologized for it.

Today they just move on to the next lie.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

And as always the thoughtful and measured response from the left is to burn down the city.

And they wonder why everyone doesn't love them?

https://www.aol.com/500-wisconsin-national-guard-standby-031915853.html

Wisconsin’s governor on Friday put 500 National Guard members on standby as the high-profile homicide trial of Kyle Rittenhouse nears its end.

WSS

26 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And as always the thoughtful and measured response from the left is to burn down the city.

And they wonder why everyone doesn't love them?

https://www.aol.com/500-wisconsin-national-guard-standby-031915853.html

Wisconsin’s governor on Friday put 500 National Guard members on standby as the high-profile homicide trial of Kyle Rittenhouse nears its end.

WSS

My friends that lean far out left on the political horse shoe are already making it seem like any defense of Rittenhouse is based in racism (the fuck?) so expect some silliness. 

The lack of self awareness that they say Rittenhouse put himself in a dangerous spot and must have been asking for the situation that occurred is pretty wild. Runs real close to “she chose to dress that way and walk home late” argument. Poor decision making but the victim is being blamed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

My friends that lean far out left on the political horse shoe are already making it seem like any defense of Rittenhouse is based in racism (the fuck?) so expect some silliness. 

The lack of self awareness that they say Rittenhouse put himself in a dangerous spot and must have been asking for the situation that occurred is pretty wild. Runs real close to “she chose to dress that way and walk home late” argument. Poor decision making but the victim is being blamed.

I can see the similarities, but it's not quite the same thing. He got an AR partially cuz it looked "cool", traveled across state lines, went to where he knew there'd be riots / protests and a lot of aggression, and thought he could be some vigilante hero / militia? 

It doesn't seem like he's guilty of murder but he sure seems at fault for something.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I can see the similarities, but it's not quite the same thing. He got an AR partially cuz it looked "cool", traveled across state lines, went to where he knew there'd be riots / protests and a lot of aggression, and thought he could be some vigilante hero / militia? 

It doesn't seem like he's guilty of murder but he sure seems at fault for something.

Some of his charges include...

First-degree reckless homicide 

First-degree reckless endangering safety. 

As I stated before, he admitted in court he picked up a loaded gun without checking it whatsoever, so he didn't even know what kind of ammo was loaded. He admitted he didn't know the difference between ammo. He admitted he was no AR-15 expert. How is that no reckless? There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing how powerful the.223 (the less powerful version of the 5.56 round) is. There is a video of a guy shooting through a full size SUV with an Ar-15 and .223 ammo.

The bullet went through the tailgate,  through three rows of seats and lodged in the dash. Rittenhouse was firing that same ammo and weapon at people standing just inches in front of him. How is that not endangering? 

He may not be guilty of some of the other charges, but he should not get away scott free.

Of course some of the right-wing extremists that post on these forums don't actually care about that because it doesn't suit their agenda. And that is getting their little cult hero acquitted at all costs.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Being a naive moron isn’t illegal. He placed himself there absolutely and likely would have just told everyone he was some hero for protecting a car lot. However, the trouble came to him and he lived instead of getting himself killed by fellow morons. 

Some situations are a culmination of stupid events and stupid people with no bad or good guy. 

26 minutes ago, Neo said:

Some of his charges include...

First-degree reckless homicide 

First-degree reckless endangering safety. 

As I stated before, he admitted in court he picked up a loaded gun without checking it whatsoever, so he didn't even know what kind of ammo was loaded. He admitted he didn't know the difference between ammo. He admitted he was no AR-15 expert. How is that no reckless? There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing how powerful the.223 (the less powerful version of the 5.56 round) is. There is a video of a guy shooting through a full size SUV with an Ar-15 and .223 ammo.

The bullet went through the tailgate,  through three rows of seats and lodged in the dash. Rittenhouse was firing that same ammo and weapon at people standing just inches in front of him. How is that not endangering? 

He may not be guilty of some of the other charges, but he should not get away scott free.

Of course some of the right-wing extremists that post on these forums don't actually care about that because it doesn't suit their agenda. And that is getting their little cult hero acquitted at all costs.

I will give you a pass on a lack of gun knowledge. .223/.556 are interchangeable. The round even in FMJ is designed to fragment on contact. I don’t know what ammo was used in some singular demonstration. However, the round is supposed to fragment and thus you should reasonably expect that. Any bullet can potentially penetrate a human body and keep chugging along.

If Rittenhouse had waited to evaluate who or what might be behind a person pointing a gun at him then he would very likely be on an air brushed T-shirt.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

will give you a pass on a lack of gun knowledge. .223/.556 are interchangeable. The round even in FMJ is designed to fragment

I am fully aware the rounds are interchangeable. You can easily tell what round the 5.56 and .223 are as the the casing of the 5.56 round is discolored because it is heat treated. And the AR rounds tumble on impact. 

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Any bullet can potentially penetrate a human body and keep chugging along.

Which also plays into the reckless and endangering due to his weapon of choice. A hand gun would have been a much better choice. I have a concealed handgun license and my choice of caliber is 9mm with Hornaday critical defense hollow points. My other backup weapon is a 1911 commander with hollow points. 

Either way you look at it, he SHOULD be charged with something.

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Being a naive moron isn’t illegal. He placed himself there absolutely and likely would have just told everyone he was some hero for protecting a car lot. However, the trouble came to him and he lived instead of getting himself killed by fellow morons. 

Some situations are a culmination of stupid events and stupid people with no bad or good guy. 

At some point I would think being a moron does become illegal. It's not like he was in his backyard. He went very out of his way to get into the situation he was in. 

At the same time, he's still very young. I think that matters here too in giving him some level of a pass. He's some stupid kid that wanted to play hero. Though there's also that video of him recording people looting a store and him talking about wanting to shoot them, so "hero" here has a very skewed view behind it. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I am fully aware the rounds are interchangeable. You can easily tell what round the 5.56 and .223 are as the the casing of the 5.56 round is discolored because it is heat treated. And the AR rounds tumble on impact. 

Which also plays into the reckless and endangering due to his weapon of choice. A hand gun would have been a much better choice. I have a concealed handgun license and my choice of caliber is 9mm with Hornaday critical defense hollow points. My other backup weapon is a 1911 commander with hollow points. 

Either way you look at it, he SHOULD be charged with something.

What “something” do you suggest?

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

At some point I would think being a moron does become illegal. It's not like he was in his backyard. He went very out of his way to get into the situation he was in. 

At the same time, he's still very young. I think that matters here too in giving him some level of a pass. He's some stupid kid that wanted to play hero. Though there's also that video of him recording people looting a store and him talking about wanting to shoot them, so "hero" here has a very skewed view behind it. 

Again being an idiot and placing yourself into danger is not illegal. Ill advised absolutely but not illegal and doesn’t qualify one to allow themself to be a victim of assault or worse. 

32 minutes ago, Neo said:

They should have enough to charge him with reckless homicide and endangering safety. But we shall see. 

So…he should have let himself get brained with a skateboard  or shot? I am asking that legitimately because neither situation is something I would allow to happen to me if I had an avenue to protect myself from it.

Again being an idiot and placing yourself into danger is not illegal. Ill advised absolutely but not illegal and doesn’t qualify one to allow themself to be a victim of assault or worse. 

Again, he spoke about wanting to shoot looters previously. The more I see of the trial a few things become clear:

1) The prosecution seems incompetent

2)  The judge seems to have a clear bias

3) Rittenhouse had a right-wing vigilante fantasy to shoot protestors, or at least get into some situation where he got to be the "hero" and use his "cool" gun. Again, he's some stupid kid. I don't think he really knew what he was getting himself into. But I don't think he is without fault either. But now we get to see him propped up as some kind of hero (not by you Logic). 

I don't follow law closely so these are just my outsider, casual opinions. 

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Again, he spoke about wanting to shoot looters previously. The more I see of the trial a few things become clear:

1) The prosecution seems incompetent

2)  The judge seems to have a clear bias

3) Rittenhouse had a right-wing vigilante fantasy to shoot protestors, or at least get into some situation where he got to be the "hero" and use his "cool" gun. Again, he's some stupid kid. I don't think he really knew what he was getting himself into. But I don't think he is without fault either. But now we get to see him propped up as some kind of hero (not by you Logic). 

I don't follow law closely so these are just my outsider, casual opinions. 

It is established that Rittenhouse is a moron who had delusions of being some vigilante hero in his own mind. However, he didn’t instigate what happened to him. He could be a giant bag of awful even evil ideas but he didn’t act on them and the events of that day transpired.

I imagine if you asked him now if he would have wanted that day to play out the same way again, he would say no and would have stayed home. But that is just spit balling.

55 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

It is established that Rittenhouse is a moron who had delusions of being some vigilante hero in his own mind. However, he didn’t instigate what happened to him. He could be a giant bag of awful even evil ideas but he didn’t act on them and the events of that day transpired.

I imagine if you asked him now if he would have wanted that day to play out the same way again, he would say no and would have stayed home. But that is just spit balling.

Yeah the debate in my head would be at what level he had some level of responsibility in what happened by actively putting himself in that situation (and with the background we have on his beliefs going into that situation).

And shit, I would HOPE his answer would be to stay home.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So…he should have let himself get brained with a skateboard  or shot? I am asking that legitimately because neither situation is something I would allow to happen to me if I had an avenue to protect myself from it.

No. He also claimed someone tried to take his weapon off of him. It was strapped to his body, nobody was going to take it from him. I also have one of those straps and they are pretty beefy. I would find it hard to believe anyone could pull on it hard enough to break it. 

is established that Rittenhouse is a moron

He's not just an idiot, he's an idiot that has no business handling a firearm and he has poor judgment. But he is also EXTREMELY lucky someone else not involved at all in the riots didn't catch a stray bullet.

IMO, he's going to get acquitted of all charges and all the right-wing gun nut second amendment lovers will be overfilled with joy. 

But who is going to protect the rest of us from gun toting idiots like this one? 

9 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Speaking of spitballing I wouldn't imagine he actually went there to hurt somebody. But carrying a gun does make one feel tough and heroic.

Also it's not really a stretch to think the proper legal forces weren't going to be up to the task and are probably compromised anyway. Lest we forget this was a violent mob.

WSS

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Neo said:

No. He also claimed someone tried to take his weapon off of him. It was strapped to his body, nobody was going to take it from him. I also have one of those straps and they are pretty beefy. I would find it hard to believe anyone could pull on it hard enough to break it. 

He's not just an idiot, he's an idiot that has no business handling a firearm and he has poor judgment. But he is also EXTREMELY lucky someone else not involved at all in the riots didn't catch a stray bullet.

IMO, he's going to get acquitted of all charges and all the right-wing gun nut second amendment lovers will be overfilled with joy. 

But who is going to protect the rest of us from gun toting idiots like this one? 

I’ll protect myself from people like Rittenhouse by not trying to shoot them or Tom and Jerry them with a skateboard. 

• Upvote 4