THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns at Ravens Game Thread: Nov 28

Dutch Oven

Just now, D Bone said:

Absolutely crazy that he won't hand it off and get the 2 horses going. We're supposed to be the best running team in the NFL, yet our dudes don't know who they are tonight. 

Is it because the Rats are great against the run, or they think they can pass on 'em? 

Browns passing game subpar. 

Just now, Bob806 said:

Is it because the Rats are great against the run, or they think they can pass on 'em? 

Browns passing game subpar. 

At some point you have to be who you are and Stef hasn't given his guys a snowball's chance in hell to establish the game flow tonight. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Unsympathetic said:

They've done the same thing for something like the last 7 games vs Cleveland.. at a certain point it's on us to get WR's who can beat a bump..

It's crazy.. I've seen at least 4 plays where they latch back on after 10 yards/ than ride 3 more yards.. I guess, if our jersey don't get pulled a foot? It's all clean in Baltimore..

I'll take 2 legit WR's please.. and 2 TD's might win this game

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

At some point you have to be who you are and Stef hasn't given his guys a snowball's chance in hell to establish the game flow tonight. 

At some point you have to develop an offense that can be fluid and matchup sound. The Ravens are the best in the NFL against the run, they've done this to everyone.   They do it at the expense of their secondary, with injuries, being questionable.  

The problem is the Browns 2nd dimension (passing attack) has been so lacking that it makes all the easier attacking downhill early and limiting our RB's.  That's why we started throwing on early downs, something I hope Baker checks to when Balt shows that 5-2 look.  They're professionals too, you have to tip your hat and play the chess match. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

The problem is the Browns 2nd dimension (passing attack) has been so lacking that it makes all the easier attacking downhill early and limiting our RB's.  That's why we started throwing on early downs,

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Absolutely crazy that he won't hand it off and get the 2 horses going. We're supposed to be the best running team in the NFL, yet our dudes don't know who they are tonight. 

Beat up Baker or kill'em with Keenum?   Nice job  Woods, call a timeout and then get called for 12 on the field. then go rough up Jackson 20 gift yards....

Mayfiled is not up to NFL QB standards... Too gimpy to play. As Brees said pregame, that shoulder harness is goofing up his mechanics.  FWIW, I'm seriously pissed right now.  

At some point you have to develop an offense that can be fluid and matchup sound. The Ravens are the best in the NFL against the run, they've done this to everyone.   They do it at the expense of their secondary, with injuries, being questionable.  

The problem is the Browns 2nd dimension (passing attack) has been so lacking that it makes all the easier attacking downhill early and limiting our RB's.  That's why we started throwing on early downs, something I hope Baker checks to when Balt shows that 5-2 look.  They're professionals too, you have to tip your hat and play the chess match. 

You don't develop an offense during a game. That ship has passed. 

22 passes / 9 rushes... not good enough and the 3 points on the board points to that. 

• Upvote 1

We are one dimensional now…and the one dimension is #1 in the league.  I’ll take my chances there unless you want to bring in Keenum and actually run an offense 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

You don't develop an offense during a game. That ship has passed. 

22 passes / 9 rushes... not good enough and the 3 points on the board points to that. 

You go where the matchup and defense gives you.  If somebody comes out and stacks 8 and 9 in the box, I'm not going to run the ball because "ThAt'S jUsT wHo We ArE".  I'm going to dial up my best man beaters and ask my QB to hit a few throws.  If Baker can't and you just believe you'll run head first Into + count boxes against one of the largest IDL's in the NFL... then you're saying Baker shouldn't be playing.  Because at that point he isn't even a game manager. 

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We are one dimensional now…and the one dimension is #1 in the league.  I’ll take my chances there unless you want to bring in Keenum and actually run an offense 

See above.  It's intentional by the Ravens to force this team to throw.  No different than teams forcing KC to be patient and run the ball.

• Upvote 1

You go where the matchup and defense gives you.  If somebody comes out and stacks 8 and 9 in the box, I'm not going to run the ball because "ThAt'S jUsT wHo We ArE".  I'm going to dial up my best man beaters and ask my QB to hit a few throws.  If Baker can't and you just believe you'll run head first Into + count boxes against one of the largest IDL's in the NFL... then you're saying Baker shouldn't be playing.  Because at that point he isn't even a game manager. 

Yet Earl Campbell, Walter Payton and all of the other great NFL RBs somehow still got their yards... I guess defenses never stacked the box on them?