THE BROWNS BOARD

Playing for Pickett

7moses7

4 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Baker talks the talk, but can’t walk the walk. 
translation - he just can’t get it done, especially in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.

And I'm willing to bet you never once put on a pair of pads. Typical arm chair loser you are

Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.

Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty. 

21 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.

Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty. 

Sounds like Derelict Anderception 2.0

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I'll be watching Friday (already have the DVR set to record) when the outmanned Bearcats take on the 'Tide. I'm well aware of him. They pull off the upset, and Ridder hits the first round. 

But please, keep that abominable garbage on a pile of spaghetti noodles well south of Columbus. As I like to paraphrase Skyline's competition- Gold Star... "The taste will make you vomit". 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Please leave that insult to chili down in Cincinnati, please. 😁

Edit: It appears hoorta beat me to this... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Nope, not playing, already preparing for draft.

Which I think is weak for a QB to do.

Z

I can understand both sides, like to see him play but dam if he got hurt. It must be a very difficult decision.

Scouts have more than enough tape but one would wonder if it hurts his draft stock?

Headshot_Author_Ian_Rapoport_1400x1000   Ian Rapoport

NFL Network Insider   

2022 NFL Draft: At least three potential QBs viewed as first-round options

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-at-least-three-potential-qbs-viewed-as-first-round-options

Ridder has a some impressive skills - power arm, size, character.

He's very good, but at the next level, I don't see him as

a first round qb. Unless you can let him hopefully develop a few years.

He's pretty inaccurate. Great stats, a lot of quick throws I think. He has terrific athletic receivers - which

I think are his saving grace in the accuracy dept. I see him more as a late second to early third rounder, only because

his weaknesses will take some time to develop, and that isn't a given. He has a giant arm, and has big trouble

with touch on the ball.

He reminds me of Sam Darnold - same inaccuracy problem,  takes sacks too often, big arm, not much touch...don't know how well he

can adapt to reading defenses in the NFL.

Of course, some team may draft him in the first round, let him sit for a year, and win big. or not.

Here's a very intriguing article about big-armed quarterbacks...

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/7/15/4523030/the-truth-about-big-armed-quarterbacks

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

Nope, not playing, already preparing for draft.

Which I think is weak for a QB to do.

Z

LOL, cancel that recording!!! 

36 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Ridder has a some impressive skills - power arm, size, character.

He's very good, but at the next level, I don't see him as

a first round qb. Unless you can let him hopefully develop a few years.

He's pretty inaccurate. Great stats, a lot of quick throws I think. He has terrific athletic receivers - which

I think are his saving grace in the accuracy dept. I see him more as a late second to early third rounder, only because

his weaknesses will take some time to develop, and that isn't a given. He has a giant arm, and has big trouble

with touch on the ball.

He reminds me of Sam Darnold - same inaccuracy problem,  takes sacks too often, big arm, not much touch...don't know how well he

can adapt to reading defenses in the NFL.

Of course, some team may draft him in the first round, let him sit for a year, and win big. or not.

Here's a very intriguing article about big-armed quarterbacks...

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/7/15/4523030/the-truth-about-big-armed-quarterbacks

Gee, sounds exactly like that feller from Wyoming when he was drafted. :D

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Only thing to think about with Wills:

2020 pff 61.5

2021 pff 62.9

This might be who he is, even with Callahan..

I’m torn on this one…I’ve seen moments where he’s gutted it out and hobbled around this year.  So he’s probably better but how much better?

We pounded the drum hard for a LT in that draft class because of need (remember we had Baker leaving clean pockets in 2019) granted we needed a tackle….but we had a premium pick.  I’m not taking “good” at 10th overall when I can find that in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.  I saw a lot of average tackles that year and one being Andrew Thomas.  Wirfs was intriguing to me because of his wrestling background I feel those guys have a leverage advantage in the trenches but that class was touted as having Pro Bowl caliber tackles at the top.   

On 12/28/2021 at 10:24 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

Des Ridder's big day is here... 

As the Georgia loss to Alabama would imply...

Ridder is going to have to come out hot in the passing game and keep mistakes to a very small minimum if Cincinnati is to have a fighting chance. Relying on the running game at any point is no guarantee.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/desmond-ridder-bearcats-cotton-bowl-2022-nfl-draft  

I am not really very impressed with this Ridder kid. Sure, he's one of the available players, but only the throw to the pylon that was dropped was actually on point.  Almost all of the rest - even if the WR was legit open - have been behind/high. 

So in that way the Browns wouldn't have to change the offense for him.. I'll see myself out!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I am not really very impressed with this Ridder kid. Sure, he's one of the available players, but only the throw to the pylon that was dropped was actually on point.  Almost all of the rest - even if the WR was legit open - have been behind/high. 

So in that way the Browns wouldn't have to change the offense for him.. I'll see myself out!

looks like a fair assessment.. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/desmond-ridder/egzbnFBW6X

I'll add when a 6'4 QB gets 4/5 balls batted down at the LOS... Bama's DL caused the Ridd*l*er a new riddle for scouts to address.. (that's a NFL big boy D-front)

On 12/30/2021 at 11:35 AM, hoorta said:

LOL, cancel that recording!!! 

Gee, sounds exactly like that feller from Wyoming when he was drafted. :D

After that bowl debacle - I wasn't too far off, I think.

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

looks like a fair assessment.. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/desmond-ridder/egzbnFBW6X

I'll add when a 6'4 QB gets 4/5 balls batted down at the LOS... Bama's DL caused the Ridd*l*er a new riddle for scouts to address.. (that's a NFL big boy D-front)

That Dline didn't cause any further riddles any other good D1 front wouldn't have shown.    Ridders delivery is VERY 2/3rd's.  His follow through not being over the top and a bit exaggerated on the windup causes batted balls.  I'm shocked it hasn't happened more this season.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Ridders delivery is VERY 2/3rd's. 

a)His follow through not being over the top and

b.) a bit exaggerated on the windup causes batted balls. 

I'm shocked it hasn't happened more this season.

Fair enough..took some time to dive back into last nights low lights..

I see ya & saw both..

a) I thought his shotgun snaps could have used a extra drop step? and stay out of empty sets vs Bama

b) his drops from under center does have a weird hitch from waist up..(college ball level)

Now 🤓 I'm not the guy to ask much about QB mechanics.... I just got to the south & worked with a guy with season tickets to NC State games... Ever seen Phillip Rivers mechanics? He wrecked myself & lots of folks...:lol: 

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

Closer to Joe Burrow, Baker maybe 1 more 

The Browns window is now, the Browns can't afford to have another so-so season trying to find out if Baker has "it".  There's FAR too many questions about him to not have a reliable Plan "B" just in case....  Shades of the Derek Anderson massively failed expectations. 

BTW, another top 10 draft pick isn't out of the question.  :D