THE BROWNS BOARD

The Big Lie

Vambo

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

baloney. He did over 200 GOOD/GREAT THINGS FOR AMERICA. as president, he was GREAT. Maybe you can find the time to

find fault with the corrupt biden family while you are at it.

meanwhile, about the taxes slur:

Carney: NYT Is Wrong — Donald Trump Paid Millions in Taxes ...

Oct 1, 2020The New York Times' claim that President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017 is wrong, based on a flawed understanding of how taxes are paid. The figures below, drawn from the New York Times's own analysis of Trump's tax-return data for 2017, show that Trump paid $7,435,857 in taxes in 2017.

I guess it depends on who you believe and what their research shows.   From npr......

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/02/919175046/how-can-president-trump-pay-less-tax-than-you

A manager at McDonald's likely paid more federal income tax than President Trump did the year he took office.

The president's tax returns show he paid just $750 in federal income taxes each year in 2016 and 2017 and paid nothing at all for many years before that, according to reporting from The New York Times.

So how could the tax system allow someone with a lifestyle as lavish as Trump's — he owns ritzy golf courses, spends tens of thousands dollars on haircuts — to pay less tax than you or me?

Trump's Tiny Taxes

Well, it helps to be a real estate developer. Lawmakers over the decades have passed friendly tax rules for real estate moguls, says Reuven Avi-Yonah, a professor of tax law at the University of Michigan. He says Trump and many real estate developers structure their companies as "pass-through" businesses, which gives them a host of tax advantages. For one, it lets them deduct interest on any loans that they have so they can reduce their taxes..... continued......

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Our govt being run largely by lawyers is part of our problem. They're trained to argue, not solve problems. 

Also, term limits would be great. 

Term limits aren't a good idea. You can get some silly legislation passed by a group of politicians that sell something on their way out. 

Informed voters would be 100% better than term limits.

People bitch about the long serving politicians, which can be understandable...see Pelosi, DeWine, Kennedy(s), McConnell, etc. Yet it's the voters who elect them. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I guess it depends on who you believe and what their research shows.   From npr......

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/02/919175046/how-can-president-trump-pay-less-tax-than-you

A manager at McDonald's likely paid more federal income tax than President Trump did the year he took office.

The president's tax returns show he paid just $750 in federal income taxes each year in 2016 and 2017 and paid nothing at all for many years before that, according to reporting from The New York Times.

So how could the tax system allow someone with a lifestyle as lavish as Trump's — he owns ritzy golf courses, spends tens of thousands dollars on haircuts — to pay less tax than you or me?

Trump's Tiny Taxes

Well, it helps to be a real estate developer. Lawmakers over the decades have passed friendly tax rules for real estate moguls, says Reuven Avi-Yonah, a professor of tax law at the University of Michigan. He says Trump and many real estate developers structure their companies as "pass-through" businesses, which gives them a host of tax advantages. For one, it lets them deduct interest on any loans that they have so they can reduce their taxes..... continued......

Why would you or I or President Trump or anybody pay more taxes than legally necessary? And that's not even to mention a real estate developer versus a career politician when the career politician is sitting on millions and millions of dollars for basically doing jack shit?

WSS 

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Term limits aren't a good idea. You can get some silly legislation passed by a group of politicians that sell something on their way out. 

Informed voters would be 100% better than term limits.

People bitch about the long serving politicians, which can be understandable...see Pelosi, DeWine, Kennedy(s), McConnell, etc. Yet it's the voters who elect them. 

Much better chance of term limits happening than informed voters. 

New blood needs to be injected into our government. The current system is a recursive loop benefiting incumbents. Maybe extend the term length but limit it to two terms. I'm not sure of the exact solution. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So completely allow the parties to decide who will represent the country. That way whoever gets elected is completely beholden to the party with absolutely no chance stepping off the reservation.

New blood needs to be injected into our government. The current system is a recursive loop benefiting incumbents. Maybe extend the term length but limit it to two terms. I'm not sure of the exact solution. 

then b**** like hell when somebody is inexperienced.

WSS 

PS demand democracy be adhered to and then take it out of the equation. Good thinking.

48 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I hear that argument a lot. It's not totally wrong or right.

The President has term limits. Federally, doesn't it seem Congress has more power now? Thats why these Presidents exercise the executive orders nowadays.

36 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Having apoplexy about or venerating the last president or the guy before him is encouraged greatly by the powers that be because it keeps people busy not paying attention to what's going on now. 

YEP

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I hear that argument a lot. It's not totally wrong or right.

The President has term limits. Federally, doesn't it seem Congress has more power now? Thats why these Presidents exercise the executive orders nowadays.

Going back to George Washington and the founders they just broke away from the English system of kings and royal families that can go on unchecked for generations.

It's about free and fair elections and one man one vote !   Our democracy itself was being threatened like never before right up to the January 6th attack on our Capitol and led by a former disgruntled president who planned, helps finance, organize and led the assault   and then sat back watching it all happen on TV with the whole world.   And  even continuing on to this day we are finding out about the details of that dark day.  (facts not misinformation campaigns and rumors please)

Even FOX News (and Don Jr) and some of their key anchors were asking for Don Trump to call his people off...... the ones who were desocrating even defcocating  and urinating in   plus destroying windows, doors, woodwork, offices in that beautiful place that I visited when I was 14.

The same mob yelling  " hang Mike Pence " for not following Don Trump's illegal orders to not follow his duty as Vice President (yet another story) part of Trump's 0-60 plan which failed miserably.

I'm so glad to hear that many of them are being sued by name and identified by video tapes for $ millions in damages to our Capitol.  What a shame.

Not to sway from presidential term limits but to say why two terms was/is a good idea.  We don't want a dictator in power in our country.

God bless the United States of America and our amazing peaceful transfer of power admired throughout the world 🌍.   It was severely challenged on January 6th, 2021  but the system held together a lesson that will also be known around the world.

EOM.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Going back to George Washington and the founders they just broke away from the English system of kings and royal families that can go on unchecked for generations.

It's about free and fair elections and one man one vote !   Our democracy itself was being threatened like never before right up to the January 6th attack on our Capitol and led by a former disgruntled president who planned, helps finance, organize and led the assault   and then sat back watching it all happen on TV with the whole world.   And  even continuing on to this day we are finding out about the details of that dark day.  (facts not misinformation campaigns and rumors please)

Even FOX News (and Don Jr) and some of their key anchors were asking for Don Trump to call his people off...... the ones who were desocrating even defcocating  and urinating in   plus destroying windows, doors, woodwork, offices in that beautiful place that I visited when I was 14.

The same mob yelling  " hang Mike Pence " for not following Don Trump's illegal orders to not follow his duty as Vice President (yet another story) part of Trump's 0-60 plan which failed miserably.

I'm so glad to hear that many of them are being sued by name and identified by video tapes for $ millions in damages to our Capitol.  What a shame.

Not to sway from presidential term limits but to say why two terms was/is a good idea.  We don't want a dictator in power in our country.

God bless the United States of America and our amazing peaceful transfer of power admired throughout the world 🌍.   It was severely challenged on January 6th, 2021  but the system held together a lesson that will also be known around the world.

EOM.

Yeah, that was nuts. I think Donald didn't realize that many of his base would actually, literally storm Washington. 

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure they enacted the two term Presidential limit because of Franklin Roosevelt's 4 terms, correct? So it's only 70 years young, not a 1776 thing. 

It was as much a coup as when liberals attacked the white house, supreme court and capitol in 2018 when they had their feelings hurt. 

The difference of course was some enterprising soul, seeing the value, opened up the doors and let them in. Whoever made the call is a smart dude. He knew Americans have gone fucking Retarded and once the pictures of the unarmed "coup" were out there all they had to do was keep saying "coup" and the dipshit public would buy it. 

7 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The biggest lie of all is the assertion that that rabble roused nonsense was an attempted coup. You fucking dipshits will believe anything. 

I don't see any mention of the word coup in any of the posts I referred to, so if you're calling me a dipshit, read again.

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The biggest lie of all is the assertion that that rabble roused nonsense was an attempted coup. You fucking dipshits will believe anything. 

Who said it was a coup ?   It was a very well planned, organized, advertised, financed attack on our Capitol led by Trump to try and disrupt the business going on in there.  And maybe "hang Mike Pence" ?     It wasn't just a rabble wearing red MAGA hats and carrying blue flags with poles used later as weapons......or yeah the bear spray, helmets, body armor, hammers and other just visiting the Capitol paraphernalia.  All of the oath-whatever and paramilitary wannabes take them along when traveling.

Don't you take bear spray and wear a helmet and military style goggles when you visit the Capitol ?  All of the best dressed wacko urban terrorists do.  .:lol:

Dipshits ?  Right.  They were there too.

20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Who said it was a coup ?   It was a very well planned, organized, advertised, financed attack on our Capitol led by Trump to try and disrupt the business going on in there.  And maybe "hang Mike Pence" ?     It wasn't just a rabble wearing red MAGA hats and carrying blue flags with poles used later as weapons......or yeah the bear spray, helmets, body armor, hammers and other just visiting the Capitol paraphernalia.  All of the oath-whatever and paramilitary wannabes take them along when traveling.

Don't you take bear spray and wear a helmet and military style goggles when you visit the Capitol ?  All of the best dressed wacko urban terrorists do.  .:lol:

Attack? The only attack on a Capitol in history of boomers with no weapons. So scary. So dangerous. They barely escaped with their lives after all the casualties. 

25 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I carry my 9mm and bear spray when I leave the house.

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I carry my 9mm and bear spray when I leave the house.

Have you tried deodorant ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'm not trying to attract anyone.

Well the 9mm should work fine.... try a loaded AR-15 over your shoulder just to be sure.  ;)

29 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Gee I wonder if anyone was posing as a Trump supporter?

film has shown that antifa was there trying to rile up the crowd........ 8 mm ?

now there’s evidence of feds being involved.    It was a set up...... with 50,000 or 75,000 (+/-) people there ?  Maybe it's all a made for TV movie ?

With the mountains of video tape and cellphones from all the media and just curious nosey tourists I'm pretty sure most everyone with a face has been identified.

No doubt that the FBI, CIA, state and local cops have gone over them then the huge numbers of lawyers, aids and whoever is left have put their stamp on it.

And just today I heard about the $$$ millions law suit against a LOT of bad people caught in the act of damage to the Capitol and assault on the police officers.

So who's left ?  Oh yeah the underground secret feds or antifa or maybe aliens 👽 trying to orchestrate some fake news bullshit to try and spread around.

Now who's dumb enough to believe that...... unfortunately there's a sucker born every minute.  :lol: 

(but not me I'm not buying any of it)