THE BROWNS BOARD

BROWNS OUT OF WATSON RACE

ATOM

33 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No twitter in the 60s?;)

LOL!! Figures you'd come up with the only valid excuse. 

For the record, here is where I am with Deshaun:

On my left shoulder sits the little red dude with a pitch fork and he (or she) is saying, "Hey, you want to see your Browns in the Super Bowl before you die dumbass? Well, Deshaun gives your team its best chance for that to happen. Plus, you don't have to like any of the dudes under the uniform all the way up to the owner to root for the Browns you soft pussy. The league is riddled with thugs, murderers, rapists, (Hi Ben!) and white collar thieves (Hi Jimmy!) So grow a pair, shut the fuck up and watch your team win for once in its miserable existence". 

On my right shoulder the little fruity dude (or chic) wearing white and carrying a harp is saying, "Hey, look at your avatar and explain to her how you could ever root for a team where one of its most critical players is a sexual predator. You know that where there is smoke there is fire and the chances that he did something really bad to at least one of these girls is higher than he didn't. You live your life by right and wrong so how could you ever look the other way on this, you freaking delicious looking, fit as fuck hypocrite."

For the record: I hope the deal falls through. I hope the Browns then offer a somewhat aggressive deal to the Raiders for Derek Carr, where I can then root for the kid from Bakersfield.

For the record: If the deal goes through, I will root for Deshaun on the field while not liking the man under the uniform. It won't be the first or last time that I have done it. If proof ever comes to light that Deshaun did anything to a single girl, I would then scream to the top of my lungs that the Browns cut his raping ass immediately. (unless it's on the eve of the Super Bowl, then they can wait a day) 

Shit, did I just say that out loud? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I heard nothing from talking sports heads about locker room issues. I heard from someone close enough that I thoroughly trust them and have zero reason to doubt them.  Not to mention if attention was paid to the actions last year off the field but especially on the field (sideline to be precise) it was already pretty evident that the locker room was badly fractured. I had no idea how broken until this morning.

Again I say just because some don't want baker on the team for the sake of the locker room and other things doesn't mean they support Watson on the team. I am a very firm believer the browns make playoffs last year is keenum starts and I believe they could do it this year as well.

Lastly Watson is not the highest paid player in the league so I'm not sure where that info comes from

Same old b******* speculation about what the offer is going to be to him salary-wise. I doubt that his agent is stupid and realizes if the Browns are willing to sell out their future they're willing to spend every nickel they can get their hands on. But if we don't know exactly how much yet, he will be the highest paid player in the league or among the highest.

PS if in fact you're the only guy north of the Ohio river that knew that Baker Mayfield was a cancer in the locker room maybe you should be making more money than you probably are working for Sports Illustrated or somebody.

Seems like the team cancer was obj.

WSS

17 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

I'm not mad in the slightest, I'm actually thrilled. There's nothing new to see with Baker. Baker is who he is. You could get Baker 3 Pro Bowl WR's and he'll still suck. He has no talent, can't read defenses, holds onto the ball too long, and has some of the worst all-time 4th quarter crunch time stats. His ceiling was 2020 - everything goes 100% perfect - almost no injuries, super soft schedule, maybe a wildcard win against the right matchup.

I loved Baker's toughness and competitiveness, but we'll never ever get to a Super Bowl with him. Watson makes us instant contenders. I could care less about his baggage, if he wins nobody will care. If Watson stinks it up, sure he'll get booed. But Watson produced on terrible Houston teams, it is exciting to think what he can do here. If we get Watson, I think we pick up another WR and this offense is going to be scary.

I’m not even talking about baker as a player as much as I’m talking about team morale. Mayfield was done pretty dirty. It doesn’t bode well for team culture. The falcons for example let Matt Ryan know they were going to talk to watson. 

• Upvote 1

If Baker didn't want to be 'done dirty', then he should've played better. It's a business. Teams cut players and players hold out. Only the Brown & Orangiest lens wearing Browns fans thought Baker was safe based off of not only last year, but his entire career.

The Browns owed nothing to Baker, and if he or his wife don't like it, then they can tweet about it on Tic Tock.... or do whatever the hell idiots like that do. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

22 is hard to ignore, but the courts have now given us permission to do so. 22 suits filed, zero will proceed to criminal trial. That still means something...

Like I mentioned in my conversation with @jrb12711 - I'm wrestling with it both ways.  

And I appreciate the honest and nuanced conversation in my back n' forth with him.  

As I've said, Watson won't chose Cleveland's climate.  But I would bet that his agent would not want him anywhere near, 'Anything Goes, New Orleans'.   

Obviously Jimmuh has his trigger-finger hands in this too...and we all know that he likes 'New And Improved'.  And then there's Dee...and she's on some NFL ethics or conduct committee.   :)  You can't make this stuff up.

52 minutes ago, Orion said:

As I've said, Watson won't chose Cleveland's climate.  But I would bet that his agent would not want him anywhere near, 'Anything Goes, New Orleans'.   

Obviously Jimmuh has his trigger-finger hands in this too...and we all know that he likes 'New And Improved'.  And then there's Dee...and she's on some NFL ethics or conduct committee.   :)  You can't make this stuff up.

jimmy saw what the rams did last year and is all in

• Upvote 1

Everyone with rapistburger in their repertoire better banish it now. I think trading for watson is stupid unless the browns think they can win the super bowl. He’s a stallion with a TON of baggage. The next draft class is very strong at qb. The browns really hurt the culture with how mayfield is being handled. I know you boys may not see it that way but from the outside looking in I do and that’s with my black and gold glasses off.  He’d be great on your roster but he’s expensive and that doesn’t count the draft capital. He’s also likely to get suspended and there are no guarantees he doesn’t ask some nice Asian lady to peg him again. Frankly I don’t think some of you are ready for all that. Dude wants pegged and he’s rapey. Zombo is gonna have to ban me. 😂😘🙃😬 

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Seems like the team cancer was obj.

You couldn't be more wrong on this one buddy. It was actually the falling out with obj that really started fracturing the locker room beyond repair. 

I wish I were the only guy north of the Ohio River that knew baker lost the locker room but there were 52 other players in that locker room and all the coaches that knew it as well

I'm may be one of the few who love Baker Mayfield, but who wouldn’t bat an eye in upgrading him to Watson. I had hoped/believed that we had finally found our QB in Baker. But his play just hasn’t been consistent enough to be confident in him. 
Watson on the other hand would finally be the guy. The most critical piece of a successful football team cinched. Adding him to Garret, Ward, JOK, Cooper, Chubb (among many others)? The Browns would be a legit contender without question. 

I wanted it to be Baker. I love the guy. But how could Berry justify pinning another season on his ability?

15 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

You couldn't be more wrong on this one buddy. It was actually the falling out with obj that really started fracturing the locker room beyond repair. 

I wish I were the only guy north of the Ohio River that knew baker lost the locker room but there were 52 other players in that locker room and all the coaches that knew it as well

I think you're the only one.

11 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think you're the only one.

Ok wait until the stories start coming out in the next few days. Here's one already is Donovan north of the Ohio River?

Jim Donovan saying Baker quitting in week 18 did not go over well, in locker room and front office

10 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Ok wait until the stories start coming out in the next few days. Here's one already is Donovan north of the Ohio River?

Jim Donovan saying Baker quitting in week 18 did not go over well, in locker room and front office

Quit in game 18?  The guy played hurt every game that mattered as to whether or not we made the playoffs.

That's part of the Baker Hater play book? Kind of surprising because the haters bitched for the entire second half of the Season that we had a better chance to win with Keenum? But Baker wouldn't allow that to happen.

WSS

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Quit in game 18?  The guy played hurt every game that mattered as to whether or not we made the playoffs.

That's part of the Baker Hater play book? Kind of surprising because the haters bitched for the entire second half of the Season that we had a better chance to win with Keenum? But Baker wouldn't allow that to happen.

WSS

I'm just immediately proving the comment no one north of Ohio river has heard that baker was fracturing the locker room other than me false. For the record my info is not going off Jim Donovan's word.  just did a quick search that returned that so I find it funny I'm supposedly only one that's heard it. Keep moving the goalposts

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

I would say that since the Browns Front Office made it be known that Baker “was their guy” at the combine last week or so, and then jump on a plane to sell the farm to some sexual predator….they quit on him.

At the very minimum, it proves Jimmah and/or Andrew Berry are fucking liars.

44181A60-69ED-4696-9B4E-412130F6E898.jpeg

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

If Baker didn't want to be 'done dirty', then he should've played better. It's a business. Teams cut players and players hold out. Only the Brown & Orangiest lens wearing Browns fans thought Baker was safe based off of not only last year, but his entire career.

The Browns owed nothing to Baker, and if he or his wife don't like it, then they can tweet about it on Tic Tock.... or do whatever the hell idiots like that do. 

While I agree with your sentiments, I disagree with telling Baker one thing and doing another.

This looks bad on the Browns Front Office, and ownership.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Specifically to the bolded, let's not get it twisted. Texas is backwards as hell when it comes to women's rights. I can't find it in a quick search, but at least two of the victims spoke out about how they got the classic "well were you asking for it" speech from the cops in presenting the evidence of their abuse. Injustice is unfortunately a two way street.

I get it's not our decision to put him in a Browns uniform, but it's our decision to not support the team, the organization, and the morally corrupt owners who would even consider allowing this man into the building. I just hope it doesn't come to that, but it's an easy decision for me if it does.

May want to check into the Harris County DA. A poster on another board that practices law there said he wasn't surprised a bit about no grand jury indictment. Not exactly sure what he meant by that, except he mentioned that if he gave details he would likely be banned. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Kim_Ogg

Harris County DA Kim Ogg opens up to Houston's LGBT magazine

So browns want a ADULT at qb hmmmmmm. SO lets assume baker was childish so lets  replace him  with a sexual perv like watson HORRIBLEEE!!! yes people will say no charges of course not atheletes always get off easy ray lewis big ben ......... BAKER might not be the answer but id still rather have him then  watson the predator!

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

While I agree with your sentiments, I disagree with telling Baker one thing and doing another.

This looks bad on the Browns Front Office, and ownership.

Yea, fair enough. Not the best look. 

to me   Watson = Cam Newton

except with  more sophisticated means of manipulation 

not unlike the sideline pouting of a once highly regarded qb 

if  / when Mayfield leaves i hope he lights up the league-

AND gives us his hue jackson staredown as he goes to a championship game...

On 3/15/2022 at 11:27 PM, Vagitron said:

I honestly think the way the browns are handling this is totally fucked. I’m also not implying baker is the answer. However the dude played pretty damn hurt for a long stretch of time. If I were a browns fans I’d be mad at how they are handling it. I’d have at least let the dude get healthy, draft another wr and see what’s what. If they don’t trade for watson what the hell do the browns even do? Trade baker for what? To where? I can’t imagine he’s going to want to run out there and play. He’s too proud. Question the dude all you want but as I said before he’s got moxie in spades. Bringing watson in is a slap in the face. 

Too proud or too immature? Too easily aggrieved, too easily slighted. He has the inner discipline of a baby squirrel. If you are like that then i need big time TALENT. Going after ex coaches, talking heads, other players about their contracts....etc. All in 4 years. idgaf about him playing hurt -he chose that. idgaf about his moxie...my old spanish teacher had alot of moxie...he is a quarterback. a mediocre talented one and the AFC is nuts and he needs to go. If youre the GM of the browns u keep this loud mouth and hook your career to this? Against Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Burrows, Carr , Herbert and now Russell Wilson. NO-he can take all his commercials and get out of towm

28 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

to me   Watson = Cam Newton

except with  more sophisticated means of manipulation 

not unlike the sideline pouting of a once highly regarded qb 

if  / when Mayfield leaves i hope he lights up the league-

AND gives us his hue jackson staredown as he goes to a championship game...

Watson and Cam are vastly  better than Baker.......thats the problem. Don't bring up maturity dude.......lol

10 hours ago, Riffer X said:

May want to check into the Harris County DA. A poster on another board that practices law there said he wasn't surprised a bit about no grand jury indictment. Not exactly sure what he meant by that, except he mentioned that if he gave details he would likely be banned. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Kim_Ogg

Harris County DA Kim Ogg opens up to Houston's LGBT magazine

I mean, I wasn't surprised he wasn't indicted either. Doesn't make it any less morally wrong, and that has to matter. Bill Cosby got off on a legal technicality that believe it or not I completely can rationalize. Doesn't mean Cosby isn't a total POS who should die a shell of the man everyone loved.

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Like I mentioned in my conversation with @jrb12711 - I'm wrestling with it both ways.  

And I appreciate the honest and nuanced conversation in my back n' forth with him.  

and same, dude. 

At this time, a lot of reports I trust seem to feel while the Browns are the best roster, Carolina/Atlanta/Saints would provide more 'shelter' for the predator. At this time I also don't see Baker coming back, that ship feels sailed. I'm all in for getting Matt Ryan at this point. I'd rather kick the tires and see if he can run this offense (which i think he could, easily) and try to ignite the MVP talent dude has with much, much better talent than Atlanta has offered the last 3-4 seasons post Super Bowl. Draft his replacement in 2023.