THE BROWNS BOARD

Schefter: Watson to Browns

Riffer X

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'll skip reposting the video DHB, but now Watson has found God? We can only hope he's learned to avoid massage parlors.  

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

They haven't wasted any time ridiculing this franchise.

The Browns will never live down trading for Deshaun Watson - Sports Illustrated

Maybe some of us, and, again, we’re talking to the Browns’ front office here, just reach a point where the losses drown out the last bit of common sense we have.

Yeah, doubtless this guy would have posted the same Op-ed "insert a team" will never live it down trading for Deshawn Watson" If he's a NY guy, well boo-hoo, your Jets and Giants are going to be suckful for the foreseeable future.  

2 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Jim Brown beat half the women on the planet.  Greatest RB.

Yup if then was now, JB probably would have gotten suspended for a year tossing that chick off of a balcony.   

• Upvote 1

The histrionics by some of these Browns "fans" over the Watson signing is a head-scratcher to me.

This is America, where you are innocent until proven guilty. Watson was brought before a grand jury where his accusers testified in open court, and the grand jury did not find enough evidence to bring any charges against him. Zip. Zero. Nada. I hardly believe that the Browns FO and other team's FO's would have pursued Watson if any of those accusations had teeth.

And it's kind of interesting how all these accusations came out of the woodwork shortly after Watson demanded a trade from the Texans last year. Interesting timing.

Deshaun Watson fires back at 22 accusers with ‘money grab’ claim

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

And it's kind of interesting how all these accusations came out of the woodwork shortly after Watson demanded a trade from the Texans last year. 

Yep. Nothing would have ever came out. The Texans are the worst run organization,  run by a creepy religious guy, and when Watson wanted out, they got their creepy lawyer guy to gather claims about Watson's creepy massage behavior. 

So now Watson gets out, The Texans get a boatload of draft picks, the civil cases will get settled, and the Browns will win the Super Bowl.

Hey the newlywed Baker Mayfield was supposedly getting a blowie from a young lady in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot ... And I didn't care if it was true or not ... Because he's a football player, not my moral compass.

And if you think Watson is the only athlete that asks for a little kink from the massage ladies ... umm ... these guys are largely pigs that we root for ... And so was I at that age ... I just want our pigs to be better than their pigs.

Watson is a Christian who is inappropriate with women ... You'd think the Religious Right would love him, vote for him if they could ... but it they just want to hypocriticaly hold their noses while he scores touchdowns, that's fine with me too ... But I will be dancing,  guilt-free, all the way to my Browns finally winning this fucking division.

Z

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

So some of the details are starting to come out Steve..   I'll let anyone who has an interest Google that Patriot's owner Robert Kraft essentially got off scot free both on the criminal\civil side and completely escaped NFL sanctions for similar actions.   

No wonder criminal charges got dropped. So suspending Watson for multiple games because some lawyers see a guy with deep pockets they can go after?  How much did said chick get paid for giving DW a blow job? Inquiring minds want to know.   

EDIT: Digging a little deeper, looks like it's probably just one lawyer, (representing at least 14 women) who's sniffing a big cash settlement for his clients, and himself.   

So the deflection begins . I checked the story on Bob Kraft. He was charged with two counts of soliciting a prostitute both misdemeanors.

(I have helped plan probably about a half-dozen bachelor parties so let's just say there but for the grace of God...)

And like you say there's a seemingly endless number of women with an axe to grind or looking to make a quick buck or suffering from buyer's remorse. This will be an easier pill to swallow if we can convince ourselves these 22 or 24 women fall into one of those categories.

There's a laundry list of celebrities who have been punished some who have had their lives ruined for lesser accusations. I understand; we are Browns fans and we have to sugarcoat the situation or jump off the train. That's not a pleasant choice.

I don't have a lot of respect for Jimmy Haslam and I wish he hadn't put us into this situation.

WSS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Yep. Nothing would have ever came out. The Texans are the worst run organization,  run by a creepy religious guy, and when Watson wanted out, they got their creepy lawyer guy to gather claims about Watson's creepy massage behavior. 

So now Watson gets out, The Texans get a boatload of draft picks, the civil cases will get settled, and the Browns will win the Super Bowl.

Hey the newlywed Baker Mayfield was supposedly getting a blowie from a young lady in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot ... And I didn't care if it was true or not ... Because he's a football player, not my moral compass.

And if you think Watson is the only athlete that asks for a little kink from the massage ladies ... umm ... these guys are largely pigs that we root for ... And so was I at that age ... I just want our pigs to be better than their pigs.

Watson is a Christian who is inappropriate with women ... You'd think the Religious Right would love him, vote for him if they could ... but it they just want to hypocriticaly hold their noses while he scores touchdowns, that's fine with me too ... But I will be dancing,  guilt-free, all the way to my Browns finally winning this fucking division.

Z

The Hershel Watson deal came to mind...err I mean Walker.

Difference was that Dallas were the ones going to Super Bowls.

I know, Walker was not a stud QB. Thats another difference.

The smart thing about this deal is that we have a history of fucking up our first round picks anyway so may as well let someone else have them.

4 minutes ago, Gorka said:

The Hershel Watson deal comes to mind...err I mean Walker.

Difference was that Dallas were the ones going to Super Bowls.

I know, Walker was not a QB.

The smart thing about this deal is that we have a history of fucking up our first round picks anyway so may as well let someone else have them.

when you play the scenarios of not making this trade things get better. 

And really we just lost our first round pick this year.

We get started earlier with a QB who has proven himself at this level.  We have a team ready to win now with guys in their prime. We would have had another 8-9 type year with Baker and lost him with no picks and we would have used 2023, 2024 first round picks and other picks to move up to target a 2023 QB that would take year or two to develop when we have an open window now.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

They are shook. The Browns are contenders and they are pissed we are no longer losers. 

I take it you're a Baker apologist. You and the other Baker apologists will hereby be known as "The Baker Butthurt".

Nope not an apologist, I've been a critic. 

Wise up. The sentiment before Watson became a Brown:

Any NFL team that trades for Deshaun Watson can expect deserved public outrage | Sporting News

And what a surprise,..it's gonna be little ol' us getting it.

14 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

when you play the scenarios of not making this trade things get better. 

And really we just lost our first round pick this year.

We get started earlier with a QB who has proven himself at this level.  We have a team ready to win now with guys in their prime. We would have had another 8-9 type year with Baker and lost him with no picks and we would have used 2023, 2024 first round picks and other picks to move up to target a 2023 QB that would take year or two to develop when we have an open window now.

Agree, an entirely different set of circumstances that refutes my kneejerk comment.

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I’ve defended Ben plenty but when it all boils down I’ve never cared for how he is as a person. I defended him because he was our qb. I saw the scum bag stuff first hand. He then got all bible thumpy which no offense to anyone here I find nauseating. If I were a browns fan I’d have a hard time being excited about watson. It’s a huge risk and a huge cost. 

What in the hell are you even talking about?  You knew Ben was a scumbag and didn't like him as a human but defended him because he's your qb. However you expect browns fans (who haven't seen their new qb be a scumbag) to not defend or be excited about their new qb. I'm just curious what makes you so special that you're allowed to defend a scumbag because he's your qb but browns fans can't be excited about their qb who is possibly (very likely even) a scumbag. 

If you came on here and constantly shit on Ben when he played for you guys because he was a scumbag then you would have some consistency or moral high ground to stand on.  Otherwise you're just coming on here to start up shit or you're afraid how good the Watson led browns will be

• Upvote 2

In the end, a good trade.

If nothing else, it shows that Berry and crew aren't willing to stand still while the AFC continues to get better.

I was a supporter of Baker before he was drafted and happy when he was drafted.  After about the middle of the last season it was pretty clear he had some serious limitations, then sitting out the last game after saying it was his decision to play, and then the   farewell speech given a few days early tell me he has some bitch in him.  I am glad we are in a position to trade him.

It's funny.  The guy came out with his statement after it was reported we wouldn't get Watson.  The trade request was to stick it to us.  I would have liked to see the guys face once we did land Watson.  It had to be classic.

In the end I want us to get the best deal for him, but part of me hopes a team like Detroit makes a offer that is at least close. Or maybe the Chargers are looking for a vet QB to back Herbert?  It's rather funny how bakers statements, which he thought could be leveraged in his favor have turned in to shit for the guy.

I don't usually talk about a persons spouse, but I don't think Emily is exactly the person one needs to be listening to about career moves.  JMO

15 hours ago, Flugel said:

Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

I am good with the move now that the Grand Jury didn't issue a true bill.  Contrary to some of the opinions around here, our justice system is based on what you can prove, not what you think, and everybody should be very happy about that.  As to compensation, I think it is pretty well established around the league that Baker is a high maintenance person after some of his antics the last month or two.  I think maybe a conditional 3rd that might include a 4th the following season will be about right, but you never know.  We might get better.

3 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

The histrionics by some of these Browns "fans" over the Watson signing is a head-scratcher to me.

"Fans"  I love hearing that shit.  Being critical of or disagreeing with your teams decisions doesn't disqualify you from being a fan. Being on board with the signing doesn't make you a bigger fan than those that are critical.  Debate and discussion is what being a fan is all about. Isn't that what this message board is for?

This is America, where you are innocent until proven guilty. Watson was brought before a grand jury where his accusers testified in open court, and the grand jury did not find enough evidence to bring any charges against him. Zip. Zero. Nada. I hardly believe that the Browns FO and other team's FO's would have pursued Watson if any of those accusations had teeth. 

Well you have to admit the Browns in particular are desperate. We have in place right now a Super Bowl roster minus a QB that wasn't going anywhere without one. Something had to be done.

But c'mon man. Having no teeth as it pertains to criminality yes of course. Teams were now free to pursue him, get his ass on their roster and worry about the civil shit later. Your reasoning makes no sense.

And it's kind of interesting how all these accusations came out of the woodwork shortly after Watson demanded a trade from the Texans last year. Interesting timing.

Deshaun Watson fires back at 22 accusers with ‘money grab’ claim

It's interesting that you believe that all 22 were lying.  That sums up your entire post as being one big compilation of denial.

We better get a fuckin Super Bowl win out of this deal.

I have a serious question for those that are outraged after DW's signing, but for some reason weren't before even though Hunt plays on the team and has a significant role:

Is it strictly the numbers that matter to you? Meaning it's OK if it's just one woman but you draw the line at 23?

Is it the offense that bothers you? Sex stuff is where you draw the line, and sometimes "loud, nasty bitches acting the fool" just gotta be boot stomped and punched, cause after all, they deserve it?

Is it DW is a QB and Hunt is just a RB? 

^ All serious questions, and all I'm am asking is you to do is actually think about it and look inside yourself for just 90 seconds before furiously typing your reply. Anyone here is free to search my posts on when we signed Hunt and you will see that I thought (and still do) that he was (is) a piece of shit of a man that I saw with my own 2 eyes do exactly what he was accused of doing.  

EDIT: I'm guessing this post will more than likely roll right on by with no quotes or replies because defending any one of those 3 questions would - and quite frankly should, make anyone look at themselves just a little differently the next time they brush their teeth. 

I'm not defending DW (with the lone exception being his right that he is innocent until proven guilty) and I wish our franchise QB was someone like Peyton Manning in terms of character...... but I guess in typical Browns fashion, it's simply a careful what you wish for thing. 

EDIT2: .... and don't even get me started on the team we all root for being owned by a white collar crook that stole from the tables of hard working people. 

^ This is why you all should watch Supercross. There is literally none of this shit there and all of the dudes are easy to root for. 

1 hour ago, Silver slayer said:

Berry please trade faker to Seattle for the Denver picks and were good.

Those will be quality picks. 

can't see the Hawks giving up 1.9 in Denver deal..

2nds or 3rds maybe ?   

Carolina has nothing in picks left, but a high 1st (6)... Prefer a Hawks or Saints (#49/comps. #98 &#101) trade well over a Colts trade.. NFC please !  

Round 2

33. Jacksonville
34. Detroit
35. New York Jets
36. New York Giants
37. Houston
38. New York Jets (from Carolina)
39. Chicago
40. Seattle (from Denver)*
41. Seattle*
42. Indianapolis (from Washington)*
43. Atlanta*

44. Cleveland ******* (D'Ernest Johnson has a additional 2nd round tag vs matching ?)

Round 3

65. Jacksonville
66. Detroit
67. New York Giants
68. Houston
69. New York Jets
70. Jacksonville (from Carolina)
71. Chicago
72. Seattle*
73. Indianapolis (from Washington)*
74. Atlanta*

75. Denver

76. Baltimore
77. Minnesota
78. Cleveland ***********

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

What in the hell are you even talking about?  You knew Ben was a scumbag and didn't like him as a human but defended him because he's your qb. However you expect browns fans (who haven't seen their new qb be a scumbag) to not defend or be excited about their new qb. I'm just curious what makes you so special that you're allowed to defend a scumbag because he's your qb but browns fans can't be excited about their qb who is possibly (very likely even) a scumbag. 

If you came on here and constantly shit on Ben when he played for you guys because he was a scumbag then you would have some consistency or moral high ground to stand on.  Otherwise you're just coming on here to start up shit or you're afraid how good the Watson led browns will be

I at no point said people couldn’t be excited about watson. I think the contract is insane. I think the contract is a massive risk and I think the contract sets a seriously stupid precedent that I hope the rest of the league doesn’t adopt. I’ve said multiple times how good he is. I’ve also said multiple times how insane the contract is and that doesn’t include the rest of the trade on top of it. He’s worth those draft picks. 

As far as Ben is concerned he was a total moron as a young qb and then he became a bible thumper. I saw first hand the girls lining up outside his entourage at various bars in Pittsburgh. I have several personal stories either from me seeing it or friends telling me about it. I still stand by the notion that the dude didn’t rape anyone. Georgia was a sorority girl that had her feelings hurt when Ben didn’t want to lock it down and date. Either way I’m not rehashing all that bs for the 1000 time. Go back through the things I said and find where I said people shouldn’t be excited. I said I’d be irate if I were a steeler fan because 230 fully guaranteed is insane if the dude doesn’t stay on the straight and narrow. The browns also structured the contract in a really shady manner. If we are just talking football and nothing else, no contract no risk. He’s a stallion. 

lastly the amount of rapistburger shit posted on here was daily and relentless I don’t want to hear a fucking peep about moral high ground when a large number of you aren’t saying shit about it. Although there are several not happy about it and for good reason. Watson didn’t want to come to Cleveland and the browns had to break every  damn trade barrier in the business to make it happen. I’m not going to post in this thread anymore. Better hope the dude stays on the straight and narrow because that contract is a bomb if anything goes wrong. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Better hope the dude stays on the straight and narrow because that contract is a bomb if anything goes wrong

Oh did you read the wording in the contract already? I'm pretty sure like all contracts there will be a morality clause that if he's not on the "straight and narrow" it will void his contract. Some players have clauses in their contract that if they get hurt riding a motorcycle or playing basketball the team can void out their contract, but you don't think the browns put anything of a morality clause in it. That's laughable

1 hour ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Watson is better than any player in the next 3 drafts.  Just hope he stays healthy.

Don't cream your pants that we have Watson. On a pure  playing performance perspective. Better than Baker? Yep. Better than any QB prospect in the 2022 draft? Yep. As Vag will tell you,  the 2023 draft will be loaded with top QB prospects, but will they instantly make that team a Super Bowl  contender? Nope, just ask Trevor Lawrence. As to the 2024 draft, how much are you charging to use your crystal ball?  I need a few hot stock picks.  :D

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Oh did you read the wording in the contract already? I'm pretty sure like all contracts there will be a morality clause that if he's not on the "straight and narrow" it will void his contract. Some players have clauses in their contract that if they get hurt riding a motorcycle or playing basketball the team can void out their contract, but you don't the browns put anything of a morality clause in it. That's laughable

Not only has Vag read the contract he has also declared that he refuses to hear one fucking peep about moral high ground from anyone here. A squeller fan on a Browns message board telling us what we can post. You could just go away.