THE BROWNS BOARD

Schefter: Watson to Browns

Riffer X

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

The NFL  has had alot more issues than those 2 events...

Racial discrimination,  women beating, vehicular homicide....etc.

As in alot to give....its now the way. The last 1 Superbiwl winners did this.This Browns FO is just getting with times.

So just to be 100% on the same page.....

I will take EVERY opportunity to throw into all of your faces the hypocrisy of the clowns and their fan base for giving STEELERS fans crap over the gold diggers that tried to set Ben up to pay them.

22 counts of sexual assault later and we have the stains new starting QB.

Bravo stains, bravo 👏 

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

Disgustingness aside, outside of Rodgers, there was nothing better on the market than Watson....or Baker for the foreseeable future.  

Again, disgustingness aside, they would rather pay Watson.  It seems to be that simple.  I don't think it would be this much money for Baker, but the QB pay scale is growing.

And you have to admit, Watson will come in "handy".

The hypocrisy of every clowns fan who EVER said anything about Ben's allegations is disgusting. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, laiccm said:

The NFL  has had alot more issues than those 2 events...

Racial discrimination,  women beating, vehicular homicide....etc.

As in alot to give....its now the way. The last 1 Super Bowl winners did this. This Browns FO is just getting with times.

You (and Berry) had just better be right about Watson.  The Browns must have liked what they heard a few days ago when they interviewed him.  Otherwise, the Browns are royally screwed for the foreseeable future. 

OK, taking a quick perusal at Pro Football reference, Watson does check the performance boxes with a 3:1 TD\Int ratio and a career 104 QBR.    

2 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

The hypocrisy of every clowns fan who EVER said anything about Ben's allegations is disgusting. 

You know what's disgusting? Some loser who hasn't posted since 2019 to come on these boards to play god and judge. Get off your high horse!

🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕 

Go Browns!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Not like me as a fan ever had a say about bringing Watson to Cleveland. You're 100% entitled to pile on from the morality standpoint. 

FWIW, I was on record I wasn't interested in bringing the Massage Parlor guy to Cleveland.  

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I expect you to be ruthless, consistent and persistent, as I sure as hell would be. I never personally liked your dude as a man and always rooted against because of the color of his uniform. Now with DW, the first part will be the same, but his uniform color is much more to my liking and I'll root like hell for him on the field.

I will say that there is a feeling inside me that your are going to really hate DW, but not because of his accusations, but for what he's about to do for the Browns for the next 7 years, and to your Steelers...... but hey, look at the bright side, I hear Trubisky is one a hell of a nice guy. 

The Steelers via FA have opened their entire draft to do whatever the hell they want. Honey badger opposite minkah is very possible. All the new contracts are also structured to get out of. You may want to check the qb’s next draft. Watson is terrific but his contract is fully guaranteed and it’s a lot. No firsts for three seasons and who knows what else. You should be happy but acting like the browns are going to run away with the division now is hilarious. I was already talking about how the browns were going to have trouble keeping the roster together and they just gave 230 to one guy, all guaranteed. He’s still gonna be running from our d which is getting better by the day. If Mitch sucks stroud is in play. 🤙

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The Steelers via FA have opened their entire draft to do whatever the hell they want. Honey badger opposite minkah is very possible. All the new contracts are also structured to get out of. You may want to check the qb’s next draft. Watson is terrific but his contract is fully guaranteed and it’s a lot. No firsts for three seasons and who knows what else. You should be happy but acting like the browns are going to run away with the division now is hilarious. I was already talking about how the browns were going to have trouble keeping the roster together and they just gave 230 to one guy, all guaranteed. He’s still gonna be running from our d which is getting better by the day. If Mitch sucks stroud is in play. 🤙

You're about to find out what life is like without a franchise QB.... it ain't easy out there. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

He’s still gonna be running from our d which is getting better by the day. If Mitch sucks stroud is in play. 🤙

Unless that IDL situation improves immediately, TJ won't be enough to carry that defensive front.  Cam isn't getting any younger and it showed as the season wore on.  Tuitt has some mileage on him as well on top of missing a full season.        And your corner fiasco isn't something to write home about either.  

Stroud will be in play regardless of what Mitch does, short of evolving into Brady in the off-season.

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Stroud?  Are you going to go 1-16?

Just now, D Bone said:

You're about to find out what life is like without a franchise QB.... it ain't easy out there. 

Mitch isn’t as bad as people are making him out to be. He did go to a pro bowl and he did play for the bears. Again If he sucks it won’t be long. Check the qb draft class next year and get back to me. I’d be irate if the Steelers have watson that contract plus the draft capitol. What if he has a catastrophic injury? Hellllllllo Jamarcus Russell. 

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Stroud?  Are you going to go 1-16?

I’m frankly not losing my shit over Trubisky. Culture change, far better coach and organization. What if he doesn’t suck? He’s better than Rudolph and that’s all that matters. The Steelers went 8-8 with duck and mason. I’m not losing sleep over here. Wide open draft this year and that’s nice. You all just trased three firsts plus more and 230 full for a guy that’s going to get suspended and might grab himself another innocent. (Watson talk not directed at you, I know you are normally more level headed) 

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I’m frankly not losing my shit over Trubisky. Culture change, far better coach and organization. What if he doesn’t suck? He’s better than Rudolph and that’s all that matters. The Steelers went 8-8 with duck and mason. I’m not losing sleep over here. Wide open draft this year and that’s nice. You all just trased three firsts plus more and 230 full for a guy that’s going to get suspended and might grab himself another innocent. (Watson talk not directed at you, I know you are normally more level headed) 

When you argue with us I feel better about this move.  Keep it up 

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

When you argue with us I feel better about this move.  Keep it up 

Lol. The 230 guaranteed would scare the shit out of me. It’s the only way the browns could recover from the baker fuck up. Better hope he stops asking to get pegged. 

Along with 10 other teams.  There are going to be a lot of QB needy teams next year after this draft class. 

And more than just stroud in that draft. I frankly think Mitch is going to work out just fine. If he doesn’t he can be easily cut. 

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You (and Berry) had just better be right about Watson. 

Berry has done a masterful job so far with the roster. With the kind of contract Watson got makes me believe Berry knows what he is doing. He damn well knows what will happen to him if he's wrong.

6976mn.gif

• Upvote 2

Lol. The 230 guaranteed would scare the shit out of me. It’s the only way the browns could recover from the baker fuck up. Better hope he stops asking to get pegged. 

Yeah sorry about that we’ve changed the landscape on that.  Maybe you should thank us…Lamar and Joey B are gonna get PAID now and they will have to shuffle their rosters. 

Yeah sorry about that we’ve changed the landscape on that.  Maybe you should thank us…Lamar and Joey B are gonna get PAID now and they will have to shuffle their rosters. 

You can’t spin this one big dog. It’s crazy. 230m fully guaranteed is nuts. The contract was also structured in such a way that if he gets suspended he’s only paid 1m in year one. It’s almost like the browns want to be hated. Lol

And more than just stroud in that draft. I frankly think Mitch is going to work out just fine. If he doesn’t he can be easily cut. 

The longer you hang out here, the more you sound like a Browns fan every day. ^ We invented that thought process. 

• Haha 2