THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns fans are a confusing bunch.

Neo

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Your buddy because that's the guy we're talking about. Mayfield would be my buddy. Ethically? Morally? Ethically it sucks but they didn't really have a choice if they were really looking to dump him for somebody else and we're worried about getting left holding the bag with no quarterback at all. (Like that Aesop fable about the dog with the bone that saw his reflection in the Stream.) Even if it were for a player I liked a lot more than I like Watson, including Russell Ryan Carr... Maybe not Rogers. Morally? That only matters to me if Watson got rough with these chicks. And kicking that can down the road with a wink and a nod will never come out one way or the other. The me-too movement can blow me. 

On the other hand, I think Mayfield had a rough season and has the ability to have a great season when he's put in the right situation and the team is in the right situation, same as anybody else in the league. Actually same as your buddy y Watson.

WSS 

Your rambling, barely coherent response is made even more perfect by the fact that calfox and nickers liked it. 

That should tell you something about your general thought-process, but it won't. 

Go sell your crazy somewhere else. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Your rambling, barely coherent response is made even more perfect by the fact that calfox and nickers liked it. 

That should tell you something about your general thought-process, but it won't. 

Go sell your crazy somewhere else. 

Me oh my! Again I've offended you and for that I am truly sorry. First I appreciate your calling my remarks perfect even though I don't understand you being on the rag about Cal or Nick.

I will try to be more succinctly. Let me paraphrase and you can choose your favorite.

"Blow me" or "Go fuck yourself. "

Love,

WSS

ps if you had trouble comprehending I'm sorry, maybe try adult learning class in remedial English?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Me oh my! Again I've offended you and for that I am truly sorry. First I appreciate your calling my remarks perfect even though I don't understand you being on the rag about Cal or Nick.

I will try to be more succinctly. Let me paraphrase and you can choose your favorite.

Love,

WSS

ps if you had trouble comprehending I'm sorry, maybe try adult learning class in remedial English?

You are arguing with a Hilljack Douche Nozzle who thinks he's oh so smarter than everyone else... He's just another wanna be internet tough guy with no life... His mothers basement probably smells like dog shit , too!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Love,

WSS

Oh look here, I've touched a nerve with Emily Mayfield.

I'm sorry it didn't work out with your husband and the Browns.

Good luck to both of you in your future endeavors! 

With the most sincerest regards,

Someone who actually cares about more than one player on the Browns roster.  

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh look here, I've touched a nerve with Emily Mayfield.

I'm sorry it didn't work out with your husband and the Browns.

Good luck to both of you in your future endeavors! 

With the most sincerest regards,

Someone who actually cares about more than one player on the Browns roster.  

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But you didn't answer my question, do you prefer go fuck yourself or blow me?

WSS

25 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Love,

WSS

I'd go with "Blow me".

Watson is a Christian from a Red State who likes to grab women by the pussy ... Can't figure out why these guys don't love him?

Z

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'd go with "Blow me".

Watson is a Christian from a Red State who likes to grab women by the pussy ... Can't figure out why these guys don't love him?

Z

He's a darker hue than they prefer? 

They generally stop at "orange" on the color spectrum. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

If this forum doesn't make you laugh, then you need to check your pulse - or at the very least, your funny bone. 

Thank you Sweet Baby Jeebus for allowing this place to keep on going. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'd go with "Blow me".

Z

Conversely some of these bums would be looking for rope at a tree because of those distinctions.

I'm guessing you guys would be singing a different tune if the Squealers had made that deal.

WSS

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Conversely some of these bums would be looking for rope at a tree because of those two distinctions.

I'm guessing you guys would be singing a different tune if the Squealers had made that deal.

WSS

Rope and a tree? Wow! 

Then came the sixties. JFK, MLK, goodbye to judging people by their skin color ... that was awesome, 55-60 years ago. So glad we progressed.

If he was a Steeler my reaction would be: FUCK. We're FUCKED!

Z

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Rope and a tree? Wow! 

Then came the sixties. JFK, MLK, goodbye to judging people by their skin color ... that was awesome, 55 years ago. So glad we progressed.

If he was a Steeler my reaction would be: FUCK. We're FUCKED!

Z

Hey bud it was your buddy douche oven the decided to play the race card. I didn't even play the rapist card except for the fact that Ben Roethlisberger is probably having a good laugh now.

Again like I said a thousand f****** times if he didn't get rough with those chicks I can live with it.

But you guys get so pissed off if I say something like I'm going to wait until he brings us a winning season before I put the son of a b**** in the Hall of Fame. And that's how I'd feel if we'd gotten Russell Wilson, or Matt Ryan Who has never been, to my knowledge, a team cancer.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hey bud it was your buddy douche oven the decided to play the race card. I didn't even play the rapist card except for the fact that Ben Roethlisberger is probably having a good laugh now.

Again like I said a thousand f****** times if you didn't get rough with those chicks I can live with it.

But you guys get so pissed off if I say something like I'm going to wait until he brings us a winning season before I put the son of a b**** in the Hall of Fame. And that's how I feel if we'd gotten Russell Wilson. Who has never been, to my knowledge, a team cancer.

WSS

Well, he didn't get rough with those chicks and he was never a team cancer, so ....

Z

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Well, he didn't get rough with those chicks and he was never a team cancer, so ....

Z

He sat out because he didn't like the Houston Texans. And of course they will keep that testimony quiet until the stink blows over next year or so. When it's been forgotten.

And whether or not Baker Mayfield plays another down in the NFL I'm still waiting for this guy to bring a Super Bowl to Cleveland. If he doesn't we wasted the resources

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

He sat out because he didn't like the Houston Texans. And of course they will keep that testimony quiet until the stink blows over next year or so. When it's been forgotten.

And whether or not Baker Mayfield plays another down in the NFL I'm still waiting for this guy to bring a Super Bowl to Cleveland. If he doesn't we wasted the resources

WSS

Well, he was cleared of all criminal charges, which would include any sort of violence or force. So that leaves asking for a handjob or a blowjob and he said/ she said ... and certainly we have all been there.

He requested a trade from the Texans,  who were deconstructing their team and paying him on his rookie contract. Other players to recently request a trade include Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt ... But they are white and no one gives a shit who is giving them a handjob.

Z

37 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Well, he was cleared of all criminal charges, which would include any sort of violence or force. So that leaves asking for a handjob or a blowjob and he said/ she said ... and certainly we have all been there.

He requested a trade from the Texans,  who were deconstructing their team and paying him on his rookie contract. Other players to recently request a trade include Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt ... But they are white and no one gives a shit who is giving them a handjob.

Z

1 That's true. And yes we have all been there, no doubt. And that's why I'm not basing my objection on that oh, have you read anything I've said on the subject?

But just for the record Ben Roethlisberger wasn't charged with anything.

As for the holdout. I haven't read any stories that said it was anything about a deconstruction but that he was pissed off about some but he didn't like being hired. And since with his ridiculous guaranteed contract probably won't have much motivation to hang in there wouldn't have any of the Browns brass does something he doesn't like.

As far as caring about somebody getting a handjob there were reams of bellyaching about Bob Kraft. And if I'm not mistaken Roethlisberger is white. And he still got suspended.

Tom Brady was a free agent. Aaron Rodgers never sat out except for injury. Afaik. J.j. watt asked for a release and was granted. By the way I didn't want Aaron Rodgers either and he's white. I know that's your first concern these days.

And at the end of the day the price was insane. Nothing but a Super Bowl victory probably multiple Super Bowl victories would be anywhere near worth the crossed. For anybody regardless of race. Or sexual imprudence

WSS

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

If this forum doesn't make you laugh, then you need to check your pulse - or at the very least, your funny bone. 

Thank you Sweet Baby Jeebus for allowing this place to keep on going. 

This forum or this thread? Because I read half of it and I'm wondering if it's worth it reading the rest. 

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

1)  it's the going rate because Jimmy Haslam set the price with a ridiculous offer that no team in the league except the Cleveland Browns would have made. If I find out anybody playing in any of the bars I do is making twice or three times as much money as me I'm going to demand the same deal.

2) On the other hand, I think Mayfield had a rough season and has the ability to have a great season when he's put in the right situation and the team is in the right situation, same as anybody else in the league. Actually same as your buddy y Watson.

WSS 

1) That's not what I've heard Steve.... Other teams WERE willing to cough up three first round picks for Watson. Yeah, the $230 million changed Deshaun's mind. A record for guaranteed money, but it sure isn't out of line what guys like Mahomes and Rodgers are getting on a per year basis.  If you want to say the other two have won Super Bowls, and Watson hasn't (to date) fair enough

2) Can Baker bounce back with a change of scenery?  Remains to be seen. Plenty of opinion similar to our one year wonder Derek Anderson teams have Baker "figured out".  I wish him well. However, early returns suggest Berry was correct in his estimation Mayfield is a "close, no cigar" QB. Same as the Rams with Goff.  IF other teams thought Baker could be the difference between what they have at QB, and a trip to the playoffs, there would have been no shortage of teams willing to pick up his salary in exchange for the sack of seeds draft picks the Browns would get. Besides coming off that injury, having the arrogance to keep insisting on starting when it was obvious his play was toilet flushable probably turned a lot of potential suitors off.    

I think I've been pretty clear in the morality department... Watson may well be a great talent on the field, but his off field antics leave a lot to be desired. He'll never be on the integrity level of Joe Thomas and a few dozen other former Browns players. He might get the Browns to the Super Bowl, but it will always ring a little bit hollow.  My POV.   

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

Wait....did Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt have 22 women file suit against them?

no. Has nothing to do with race or requesting a trade.

"sleazy" trashed himself out of the Texans' plans.

To me - hopefully you want the face of the frachise to inspire kids and fans.

That isn't "sleasy". The browns stepped in it, deep - and it stinks worse than a muddy pig farm. If some fans are fine with it - ok, but it's their choices. Not a lot of others - and dividing the fan base over the controversy stinks terrible. It says very bad things about the browns fo.

Except - lack of evidence/ word against word.... doesn't get a conviction - but he had a very expensive room at a fancy place, and paid UNLICENSED women to fly to him?

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Except - lack of evidence/ word against word.... doesn't get a conviction - but he had a very expensive room at a fancy place, and paid UNLICENSED women to fly to him?

So?

Z

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

1) That's not what I've heard Steve.... Other teams WERE willing to cough up three first round picks for Watson. Yeah, the $230 million changed Deshaun's mind. A record for guaranteed money, but it sure isn't out of line what guys like Mahomes and Rodgers are getting on a per year basis.  If you want to say the other two have won Super Bowls, and Watson hasn't (to date) fair enough

What I'm saying is no other team was willing to make the deal the Cleveland Browns made. Draft picks? Sure maybe. 5 year guaranteed quarter of a billion dollars? Apparently not since it was clear he preferred any other team to Cleveland.

And if the Lombardi trophy is inJimmy Haslam's rec room this time next year you guys can certainly gloat and tell me I was wrong. 

I don't think I'm the only guy that's ever taken a wait-and-see position when it comes to the next savior of the Browns.

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

What I'm saying is no other team was willing to make the deal the Cleveland Browns made. Draft picks? Sure maybe. 5 year guaranteed quarter of a billion dollars? Apparently not since it was clear he preferred any other team to Cleveland.

And if the Lombardi trophy is inJimmy Haslam's rec room this time next year you guys can certainly gloat and tell me I was wrong. 

I don't think I'm the only guy that's ever taken a wait-and-see position when it comes to the next savior of the Browns.

WSS

As the disclaimer on any investment offer says "past performance is no guarantee of future results." Watson's past NFL performance is significantly better than Baker's.  Except to a few nitpicking hatas. 

Don't make it out to be I'm somehow in love with bringing Deshaun on board, because I'm not.  Just sayin' what's done is done, not a damn thing I can do about it. Berry thinks following the Rams lead to get a franchise QB will get the Browns to the promised land. He had better be right. Staying positive,  but if DW gets suspended for 8-10 games I may have an attitude adjustment.  :)

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

As the disclaimer on any investment offer says "past performance is no guarantee of future results." Watson's past NFL performance is significantly better than Baker's.  Except to a few nitpicking hatas. 

Don't make it out to be I'm somehow in love with bringing Deshaun on board, because I'm not.  Just sayin' what's done is done, not a damn thing I can do about it. Berry thinks following the Rams lead to get a franchise QB will get the Browns to the promised land. He had better be right. Staying positive,  but if DW gets suspended for 8-10 games I may have an attitude adjustment.  :)

I didn't want the idiot DW in the first place... He's a dumb fucktard for getting himself into that mess.. Makes me question his ability to lead men because he certainly cannot lead himself...

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

. Berry thinks following the Rams lead to get a franchise QB will get the Browns to the promised land.  :)

Yeah, but you can't follow that up by picking 5th or higher rounders as your 1st two picks in the ensuing draft......which he did. I mean who trades down to take a CB who has no NFL skills other than for STs.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I mean who trades down to take a CB who has no NFL skills other than for STs.

Being fairly certain I've watched as much, if not more of Martin than you; that's an incredibly harsh, hyperbolic, in not outright inaccurate take.  

22 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Being fairly certain I've watched as much, if not more of Martin than you; that's an incredibly harsh, hyperbolic, in not outright inaccurate take.  

Well, a lot of the talking heads out there think it was a bad pick... No opinion, as I haven't seen any tape on the guy.  

38 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Ur on for a beer. STs and a few tries at CB where he either gets burned or flagged.

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

The me-too movement can blow me. 

Prime example of the kind of statement that gets one "me-tooed"...