THE BROWNS BOARD

AFCN Draft Aftermath Assessments....

Tour2ma

12 hours ago, Gorka said:

Thats fine. A draft grade given to a team is basically an opinion of how you think your team fared on draft day. 

The Browns did OK in my opinion. They get a C. 

If a team managed to both fill it's needs and with quality players they probably get an A+

How the player turns out in a few years is irrelevant to this little exercise.

I give them a C-.... Emerson and Wright could've been had in lower rounds... Once again... The Browns panicked and over reached...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I give them a C-.... Emerson and Wright could've been had in lower rounds... Once again... The Browns panicked and over reached...

You need to get in on that one beer bet I have with tia on Emerson. Makes the team in STs, but no real starting time at CB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You need to get in on that one beer bet I have with tia on Emerson. Makes the team in STs, but no real starting time at CB.

Shot AND a beer, at the bare minimum. I figured it was an unspoken understanding, but I'm beginning to worry you boys need to learn how to properly drink.

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Shot AND a beer, at the bare minimum. I figured it was an unspoken understanding, but I'm beginning to worry you boys need to learn how to properly drink.

I grew up in the Bar and Restaurant business... I definitely know how to drink.. However... Due to dehydration and other things... I keep drinking at a bare minimum... Weed is my poison of choice!

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't drink shots. Glass of wine or beer. BTW cal says you're now an alcoholic.😹

• Haha 3

OK The Night Watchman (Do like Tom Morello, but not his Rage Against the Machine days) got up at the crack of Noon.. 

I have THIS to say... Can the personal attacks and insults here... Maybe one, but polluting the Board? Take it over to the Political Forum. The back and forth had NOTHING to do with football, and you know the two posters I'm talking about.  If this starts up again, I'll start issuing warnings. Count on it.  

22 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK The Night Watchman (Do like Tom Morello, but not his Rage Against the Machine days) got up at the crack of Noon.. 

I have THIS to say... Can the personal attacks and insults here... Maybe one, but polluting the Board? Take it over to the Political Forum. The back and forth had NOTHING to do with football, and you know the two posters I'm talking about.  If this starts up again, I'll start issuing warnings. Count on it.  

90 day timeout has been recommended 

On 5/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

BTW cal says you're now an alcoholic.😹

Well he's 10 years late for that accusation.  

23 hours ago, hoorta said:

(Do like Tom Morello, but not his Rage Against the Machine days)

If you've got a problem with RATM, then you've got a problem with me and I suggest you let that one marinate.  

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

If you've got a problem with RATM, then you've got a problem with me and I suggest you let that one marinate.  

I second that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Speaking of Tom Morello, his live performance with Springsteen on 'The Ghost of Tom Joad' gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Holeeeee shit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-c6GphpAeY

• Upvote 1

I may be a homer, but Cooper has to be right there with JaMarr Chase for best WR in the division.. When it's 3rd and 8, it's going to Cooper even if he's only doubled.. Cooper will be the reason Bell and everyone else will be only single-covered all season.  Sure, DPJ is a nice piece, but it starts and ends with Cooper. And for only our 2022 5th and under contract through end of 2024 given the insane money given to WR this offseason?

More of this, please.

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of Tom Morello, his live performance with Springsteen on 'The Ghost of Tom Joad' gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Holeeeee shit. 

I actually prefer the Rage version to the original.   And as much as I love some old school, I like the Rage version of Housin' over the EPMD version.

5 hours ago, Nero said:

I second that. 

I'll second your second....is that allowed here ?   Actually I'm not much of a RATM guy more Led Zeppelin,  Stones, Jimi guy......you know the old boomer type.  :) 

GO BROWNS,  man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Well he's 10 years late for that accusation.  

I'm OLD, sorry, and with mjp... my hero is Jimi Hendrix, the unattainable paradigm of us left handed wannabe guitar players.   :)  

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Um yeah, that's pretty good.  But for those who have never seen it, MHO is this is a better version. Tom's runs in this are mind boggling. Most guitarists would happily donate body parts to be able to play 1\2 this good...  

And if you don't have the 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll HOF DVD in your collection- you damn well should.  OMG where to start... Aretha Franklin, Crosby Stills & Nash, U2 with Fergie and Mick Jagger,  Simon & Garfunkel, Metallica with Ozzie Osborn. Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy...   Though in all honesty, the Ghost of Tom Joad was one of the highlights.  :)  Sorry for going OT.....  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I'm OLD, sorry, and with mjp... my hero is Jimi Hendrix, the unattainable paradigm of us left handed wannabe guitar players.   :)  

Um yeah, that's pretty good.  But for those who have never seen it, MHO is this is a better version. Tom's runs in this are mind boggling. Most guitarists would happily donate body parts to be able to play 1\2 this good...  

And if you don't have the 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll HOF DVD in your collection- you damn well should.  OMG where to start... Aretha Franklin, Crosby Stills & Nash, U2 with Fergie and Mick Jagger,  Simon & Garfunkel, Metallica with Ozzie Osborn. Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy...   Though in all honesty, the Ghost of Tom Joad was one of the highlights.  :)  Sorry for going OT.....  

If you love Jimi... You'll enjoy this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFUzVrpjkm6/

12 hours ago, nickers said:

If you love Jimi... You'll enjoy this...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFUzVrpjkm6/

A Instagram won't let me log in without creating an account, something I'm not willing to do.  I tried logging in with my FaceBook password, and no luck there either.   :(

BTW, my guitar is a double cutaway Gretsch Corvette.  I've picked up a White Stratocaster, but Mr. Stubby Fingers can't even reach the top couple frets.   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

A Instagram won't let me log in without creating an account, something I'm not willing to do.  I tried logging in with my FaceBook password, and no luck there either.   :(

BTW, my guitar is a double cutaway Gretsch Corvette.  I've picked up a White Stratocaster, but Mr. Stubby Fingers can't even reach the top couple frets.   

My guitar is perfectly suited to me. I can play along very well with the best guitarists in the world, either electric or acoustic. 😂🙈

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My guitar is perfectly suited to me. I can play along very well with the best guitarists in the world, either electric or acoustic. 😂🙈

If you actually play you just don't plug in, and then act like you're actually playing it.  Mine is far more beat up, it sat in the attic unused for a couple decades...  Kicked myself in the ass when my semi-pro neighbor I'd it for me, and I found out how much a mint condition one was worth.  To play it left handed, I only had to reverse the strap pin, wham bar & of course the strings. ALA Hendrix. Lefty Doyle Bramhall is one of the few guys I've ever seen who could just flip a right handed guitar upside down and play it decently. Neighbor John- who was good enough to play in a band in Las Vegas  for years, had his mind blown trying to play on a left handed guitar for the first time.  :)    

1964 Gretsch 6135 Corvette - Cherry - GuitarPoint

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Transactions & Draft day trades.. Became Whom? and Browns future picks..

RAMS Round 5 future 2023 (Troy Hill) 

VIKINGS Round 4 future 2023 (move from #118 to #156) And-- 2023 Round 3 Comp pick (GM Mensah)   

HOUSTON Round 6 future 2024 (D.Watson)

Browns trade CB Troy Hill to Rams

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

• Round 5, 2023

LOS ANGELES RECEIVES:

Vikings move up into fourth round for CB

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

• Round 5, 2022: No. 156 overall (from Baltimore) -- RB Jerome Ford
  • Round 4, 2023

MINNESOTA RECEIVES:

Texans move up for star Alabama WR

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

HOUSTON RECEIVES:

Browns trade for Deshaun Watson

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

HOUSTON RECEIVES:

• Round 1, 2022: No. 13 overall; Pick traded to Philadelphia -- DT Jordan Davis
  • Round 4, 2022: No. 107 (from Detroit) -- RB Dameon Pierce
  • Round 1, 2023 *
  • Round 3, 2023 *
  • Round 1, 2024 **
  • Round 4, 2024 **

Bills acquire Case Keenum from Browns

BUFFALO RECEIVES:

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

Cowboys deal Amari Cooper to Browns for late-rounders

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

DALLAS RECEIVES:

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Let me post it on youtube later after all the Mothers day festivities are over...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

If you actually play you just don't plug in, and then act like you're actually playing it.  Mine is far more beat up, it sat in the attic unused for a couple decades...  Kicked myself in the ass when my semi-pro neighbor I'd it for me, and I found out how much a mint condition one was worth.  To play it left handed, I only had to reverse the strap pin, wham bar & of course the strings. ALA Hendrix. Lefty Doyle Bramhall is one of the few guys I've ever seen who could just flip a right handed guitar upside down and play it decently. Neighbor John- who was good enough to play in a band in Las Vegas  for years, had his mind blown trying to play on a left handed guitar for the first time.  :)    

1964 Gretsch 6135 Corvette - Cherry - GuitarPoint

Looks like it was almost based on the 1962 Gibson SG

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Transactions & Draft day trades.. Became Whom? and Browns future picks..

RAMS Round 5 future 2023 (Troy Hill) 

VIKINGS Round 4 future 2023 (move from #118 to #156) And-- 2023 Round 3 Comp pick (GM Mensah)   

HOUSTON Round 6 future 2024 (D.Watson)

Browns trade CB Troy Hill to Rams

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

• Round 5, 2023

LOS ANGELES RECEIVES:

Vikings move up into fourth round for CB

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

• Round 5, 2022: No. 156 overall (from Baltimore) -- RB Jerome Ford
  • Round 4, 2023

MINNESOTA RECEIVES:

Texans move up for star Alabama WR

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

HOUSTON RECEIVES:

Browns trade for Deshaun Watson

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

HOUSTON RECEIVES:

• Round 1, 2022: No. 13 overall; Pick traded to Philadelphia -- DT Jordan Davis
  • Round 4, 2022: No. 107 (from Detroit) -- RB Dameon Pierce
  • Round 1, 2023 *
  • Round 3, 2023 *
  • Round 1, 2024 **
  • Round 4, 2024 **

Bills acquire Case Keenum from Browns

BUFFALO RECEIVES:

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

Cowboys deal Amari Cooper to Browns for late-rounders

CLEVELAND RECEIVES:

DALLAS RECEIVES:

For all the picks the Browns gave up for Watson (and the doom and gloom that has come with it) the Browns are in pretty good shape draft-wise next season, considering. 

While they have no 1st rounder, of course, they have (1) 2nd rounder, (1) 3rd rounder, (2) 4th rounders, (2) 5th rounders, (1) 6th rounder and (1) 7th rounder. 

A head start into the week, as to why the main media will think they know anything about the Browns...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/05/jarvis-landry-likely-to-move-on-what-jerome-ford-means-for-kareem-hunt-browns-wouldve-drafted-john-metchie-iii-at-44-and-more-browns-insider.html 

By Mary Crow Cabot, cleveland.com  

gjaG9QndHYPSF5SM6p.gif      beware of tripp'in

OK back to football. Here's our top draft pick at work against Auburn's Seth Williams. He told him what he was going to do!! 😱😂 

MSU's O bailed them out that day 43-34, but could not do so against Bama, Memphis or LSU. They really did not have a very good defense in 2021. 

We can only hope this turns out to be a good pickup.

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

OK back to football. Here's our top draft pick at work against Auburn's Seth Williams. He told him what he was going to do!! 😱😂 

MSU's O bailed them out that day 43-34, but could not do so against Bama, Memphis or LSU. They really did not have a very good defense in 2021. 

We can only hope this turns out to be a good pickup.

I highly doubt Miss. St. ever has a good defense under Mike Leech.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I highly doubt Miss. St. ever has a good defense under Mike Leech.

Pretty good overall assessment on Emerson. I'm just not sold that we should have taken him in the 3rd. Quality WRs will eat him up.

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Pretty good overall assessment on Emerson. I'm just not sold that we should have taken him in the 3rd. Quality WRs will eat him up.

I'll give that a watch after I'm done with my film on him.  I almost never watch someone else's work until I'm done with my own - removes outside influence, walking into a prospect with a blank canvas. 

• Upvote 1