THE BROWNS BOARD

2022 Browns OTA's/Mandatory Camp/ rolls into Training Camp

gumby73

On 8/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, gumby73 said:

PS Jags unofficial depth chart..

FZqlpwTXkAcHi25.jpg.25b006959639c1cfe36b7254abe1eafe.jpg

Per the Browns website.. (was off by one somewhere*) 

Team Cut's #1 on Tuesday 🤔

#1- IR Nick Harris

#2.

#3.

Moves Tuesday to get to 85 on roster

1) C Nick Harris to IR

2) C Dalton Deaton to IR

3) DT Shelton Day (back) cut..https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/16/sheldon-day-released-browns-roster-as-part-of-first-cut/

*4) Browns add WR/PR Easop Winston cut by Saints https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/16/cleveland-browns-waiver-claim-easop-winston-saints/

Roster's at 85 players..(goes to 80 next Tuesday)

Browns vs. Philly unofficial depth chart (rumors say, most starters won't play due to inter-squad practice's)

FaTvg9WXgAUrIfw.jpg.ed7062a55e091c67dd1239323a916186.jpg

Philly..

FZrVZsvWIAEI7YX.jpg.1470268f272bcc35205ed2ef5d306901.jpg

Last Day of Camp with fans.. https://www.brownszone.com/2022/08/16/training-camp-log-day-14-kevin-stefanski-says-fans-were-outstanding-during-camp/

Update on rookie DE I.Thomas 

#Browns rookie DE Isaiah Thomas has cast on right hand. Kevin Stefanski said he’d miss a few days.

.@YorkCade kicked his way into our Maurice Bassett Award (Top Rookie Camp award=28 of 30 FG's) 

A total of 69 puppies were adopted this year at the Browns Puppy Pound. 🐕

• Thanks 1

Browns rookie OL Dawson Deaton suffers torn ACL in practice

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-rookie-ol-dawson-deaton-021442340.html

A seventh-round pick in the 2022 NFL draft out of Texas Tech, Deaton likely now looks ahead to 2023, after spending his entire rookie season rehabbing from the knee injury.

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Stefanski said “personal leave of absence” was the official reason given.

I'm pretty sure he's down in Carolina teaching Baker how to get the ball to McCaffrey while singing 50 ways to leave your lover cal.🤗

Mitchell's PFF last year was 52.4.  So the good season we saw from him last yr may not have been a trend he was able to make continue.. A fortuitous non-resigning if there ever was one.. Now on Pats and with Butler's IR yesterday, he'll play even more for them -- likely more now of a weakness of theirs actually..

On 8/16/2022 at 9:16 AM, nickers said:

Love it how people print SB tickets soon as they hear Watson's name then realize shit.. It takes a whole team when you lose your starting then backup center lol...

Comparing the impact of a C on a team's performance to a QB? You cannot be serious. 

49 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Comparing the impact of a C on a team's performance to a QB? You cannot be serious. 

I'm just saying... it takes more than one person...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm just saying... it takes more than one person...

While we agree on that, your previous comment referred to both Watson and the SB. The QB is the most impactful position to achieve the latter, so whether you like it or not, Watson is the best bet the Browns have had on winning it all. Possibly ever.

Coming back to the team part, that is the very reason I am still positive about the DW trade. Browns roster is pretty stacked all around. Both lines, running backs, secondary, receivers. Weakest position group is probably linebackers, even though JOK is hugely talented. This is on purpose though, as the moneyballers who run the Browns don't rate LB's. 

Given the aforementioned strength of the squad, and elite talent like Garrett, Chubb and Ward being in their prime, if you are ever going to take a swing at a trade for a Top 5 QB, now is the time!

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Is there a team with 1a 1b type battle for their Center position that we can make a deal? 

I thought the Ravens with Linderbaum being drafted there? But they look to have no-one of interest behind him..

I'm starting to see the AB/Browns verse the angry NFL suits maybe becoming real...

* our last trades.. included draft picks with his former understudy at Minn.. Saints? AB has dealt with on a few times.. The Lions he's worked a QB(Blaugh) trade & some picks with..Bill's Patriots Mack Wilson for Wino..seems like forever ago..*

Today AB put OL E.Nkansah on IR... And worked out & signed a cut OL from Monday  https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/17/browns-waive-receiver-sign-a-non-center-offensive-lineman/

well..he's not tried to play Center with 7 teams...

AB's got to get real from cuts to 80 to 53...  Trade's with angry (GM's) and position battle losses should come shortly (we'd hope)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-trade-candidates-before-week-1-2022-nfl-season-landing-spots-projected-trade-value

2 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

While we agree on that, your previous comment referred to both Watson and the SB. The QB is the most impactful position to achieve the latter, so whether you like it or not, Watson is the best bet the Browns have had on winning it all. Possibly ever.

Coming back to the team part, that is the very reason I am still positive about the DW trade. Browns roster is pretty stacked all around. Both lines, running backs, secondary, receivers. Weakest position group is probably linebackers, even though JOK is hugely talented. This is on purpose though, as the moneyballers who run the Browns don't rate LB's. 

Given the aforementioned strength of the squad, and elite talent like Garrett, Chubb and Ward being in their prime, if you are ever going to take a swing at a trade for a Top 5 QB, now is the time!

On paper... Remember how that has worked out in the past,,😂

7 minutes ago, nickers said:

On paper... Remember how that has worked out in the past,,😂

When have the Browns acquired a top 5 QB in the past? 

And once again, who exactly on here has been "printing Super Bowl tickets" since Watson was traded for?

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

When have the Browns acquired a top 5 QB in the past? 

And once again, who exactly on here has been "printing Super Bowl tickets" since Watson was traded for?

Haven't printed anything in ages (is that still a thing?), but I have mentioned the SB a couple of times. My fandom of the Browns comes with a desire to win. This is opposed to @nickers, who relishes to be all doom and gloom, and then say: "I told you so" when we don't win. God forbid we actually do win it all. He will be cowering in the corner, murmuring: "this wasn't supposed to happen." 

44 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Haven't printed anything in ages (is that still a thing?), but I have mentioned the SB a couple of times. My fandom of the Browns comes with a desire to win. This is opposed to @nickers, who relishes to be all doom and gloom, and then say: "I told you so" when we don't win. God forbid we actually do win it all. He will be cowering in the corner, murmuring: "this wasn't supposed to happen." 

I just accept the reality that is the Clowns... They "NEVER" get it right...

On 8/16/2022 at 7:42 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone know why Myles Garrett has missed the last three days of practice?

#Browns Myles Garrett has been at the side of a close family who's gravely ill, & who's condition had worsened. He's on his way back to CLE and will be back on the field in a day or two. The Browns have given him all the time he needs, which he appreciates

#Browns and #Eagles wrap up a clean practice 1:45 today...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man, that sucks for Myles. 

Yep and I knew it was not anything of a "morals" nature. The guy is as clean cut a person as you'd ever want to meet in life. He's very involved in a lot of community activities and very close to family. Hope his family member is recovering.

• Upvote 1