THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I've said it a bunch of times, Mike Brown is one huge skinflint. Runs the team on the cheap. Only cold weather NFL team without a dedicated indoor training facility. But the blind squirrel manages to find acorns every 20 years or so.  

And I recall something about any amount of money beyond which the league requires you spend on players you get to keep. So he kept it right there at that line. And because of parity in the league he could blunder into a few fairly successful seasons.

WSS

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I don’t think The Browns will be successful until that Hick sells the team.

Or moves it. Ouch.

When you get right down to it, the ultimate blame for the situation the Browns find themselves in today is on Modell.

The team for the most part sucked during the 90's, but geez never did I recall this level ineptitude and dysfunction since the team returned.  Looking back at Browns history, there were great times, and not so great times, so you could almost guarantee had the Browns stayed they would have gotten out of their 90's funk became winners again, and maybe even won a Super Bowl. The Ravens are the old Browns after all.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Browns will consider Jimmy Garoppolo if Deshaun Watson’s 6-game suspension increases

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/browns-will-consider-jimmy-garoppolo-if-deshaun-watsons-6-game-suspension-increases.html

I've thought that all along.  But it's so late in the game now, how would you get him up to speed?  I certainly hope it doesn't come to that.

Great. Another team wants to dump an expensive qb they are unhappy with...., and the browns don't have three first round picks to trade for him. Still,  I wish they had traded for Garoppolo the first time.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I wish they had traded for Garoppolo the first time.

But they wouldn't have done that because he wasn't that much of an upgrade over Baker.  But he probably IS an upgrade over Brissette.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

It is going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs.  

Can Brissett get us to .500 includes games with (TB, NE, Cincy, LA, Miami, Baltimore, Buffalo and then a cold Watson goes 4-1 in the 5 game span he plays in that includes each AFC North team once. 

It’s Playoffs or bust.

If they are thinking 12 may as well be the season so we don’t burn a year on the contract and it’s cap friendly again in 2023.

They should add a fine and add a treatment requirement.  

Plus we end up with a higher draft choice for Houston............................................LOL!

On 8/10/2022 at 4:56 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Massive Loss for the Browns and it’s Fans- Season is essentially lost.  Watson goes to Year 2 of his contract

^ This.

If they give him 10-12 games suspension, then they are screwing us, the fans, and the Browns, the organization for exactly what SdBacker80 said.  This is Watson's 1st year with the team.  He'll be returning to the team and be out of sync for sure.  And our record would probably be stacked with too many losses at that point anyway.  The league would have made the team waste Watson's first contract year.   If they're gonna keep him out 10 games, then just keep him out 17.   And give him a hefty fine if that makes ya happy.  But don't be thinking us fans will be believing that you're doing us a favor by only suspending him 10-12 games. 

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

^ This.

If they give him 10-12 games suspension, then they are screwing us, the fans, and the Browns, the organization for exactly what SdBacker80 said.  This is Watson's 1st year with the team.  He'll be returning to the team and be out of sync for sure.  And our record would probably be stacked with too many losses at that point anyway.  The league would have made the team waste Watson's first contract year.   If they're gonna keep him out 10 games, then just keep him out 17.   And give him a hefty fine if that makes ya happy.  But don't be thinking us fans will be believing that you're doing us a favor by only suspending him 10-12 games. 

The Browns are not victims in this. They signed on for this trainwreck. 

A good portion of the Browns fanbase has always known this. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I would honestly say half by now maybe more.  Even our Zombo is there.  We'll have to see how this all shakes out.....in W-L first.  

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I would honestly say half by now maybe more.  Even our Zombo is there.  We'll have to see how this all shakes out.....in W-L first.  

Watson is a definite upgrade as QB over Baker, but as I said before, that's no guarantee of a Super Bowl title, of course.

But getting a chance at a Lombardi Trophy with Watson isn't starting until 2023. The Browns 2022 season will be torpedoed the second Goodell lays the smack down. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Both points are true.  But it doesn't change the fact that team that acquired him, and their fans get screwed (Falcons, Saints or Browns) out of the first contract year.  And they'll screw us because the organization wrote the contract to protect the player's wages (very cheap year one).  -  If they push it out a year then it's an extra year Watson has to go with minimal monies coming in.  

Just now, Orion said:

Both points are true.  But it doesn't change the fact that team that acquired him, and their fans get screwed (Falcons, Saints or Browns) out of the first contract year.  And they'll screw us because the organization wrote the contract to protect the player's wages (very cheap year one).  -  If they push it out a year then it's an extra year Watson has to go with minimal monies coming in.  

But it isn't the NFL who is screwing the Browns fans.

Deshaun Watson caused this. The Browns, by trading for him, caused this. 

I suppose the silver lining is that the Browns will have a very good QB for a good chunk of years starting in 2023, IF HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE STUPID. But this season most likely is FUBAR'd. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

But

I still say, if it costs the team 1 contract year of virtually no production of any value out of that contract year, then you're screwing the team AND at the same time bringing the higher paid salary years right up to the player's doorstep.  

On 8/9/2022 at 11:53 PM, Silver slayer said:

can kraft now be stricken of

Consider this home, 

I walked into a massage parlor. 

They asked for 60 dollars for an hour massage. 

I laid face down and received a good back rub.

The misuse then handed a pillow and motion to turn over. 

Midway through the front side she began working my junk

Me being a young guy with stamina i squirted my load right in her face.

She was a bit surprised it squirted that far but heyyy  

Who had their face in THE LINE OF FIRE?

Please define where sexual assault was within the hypothetical case i just wrote?

What if she pointed it towards my face and I painted my face because of her aim?

Can I then bring a suit against her for sexual misconduct????

It doesn't exist in the case you wrote.  That case you wrote also doesn't apply to this.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:06 AM, Silver slayer said:

If Roger treats Watson anything differently than Robert kraft than Roger Goodell is absolutely predict against black men 

2 faced white dude can't do shit squat against another white man but ohhhhhhhh boy will he fuck a black man every day that ends in y

I've explained this elsewhere here.  Kraft ...if what the allegations were are true (I think so) ...was not doing what Watson was doing.  Kraft was entering into ILEGAL sure...but enterting into a trade of money for a rub and tug....between 2 consenting adults as far as Kraft knew.  He wasn't paying for a massage and then rubbing his junk on the massuese, who wasn't being paid to handle his junk.  

If you want to point out the hypocracy of no punishment for Kraft, or other owners for other issues...I'm all ears becasue I'd agree.....and I'd also then point to:

my next point...wich I made earlier....

Goodell doesn't have to be doing any of this.  He....PER THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT THE NFLPA AGREED TO AND VOTED FOR AND SIGNED OFF ON....Goodell can issue ANY punishment he wants at his discretion.  And that was further entrenched with the deflategate case becasue ultimately, that's what the ruling was about....literally the judge said...yep, you all signed off on this, Mr. Goodell can issue discipline in any manner he sees fit.

There is no case the NFLPA could make that would ever stand up in any court.  Goodell can do what he wants...legally.  He's trying to go through this stupid arbitration and appeal process to take the burden of the decision off him alone and spread that out to other credible parties....but whenever he decides to end the show trial..he can and will.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I suppose the silver lining is that the Browns will have a very good QB for a good chunk of years starting in 2023, IF HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE STUPID. But this season most likely is FUBAR'd. 

I'm not even counting on Watson playing in all* of 2023 :o.. I'm sorry, but he/they can't continue to let his defense team, defend he/him as Watson has done nothing wrong..

Dump Hardin/ admit some 💩 might have gone to far/ get help for his addiction/obsession...  than hope he does nothing else stupid... because he will certainly have more target chasers in his future. 

It's time he starts appealing to help himself see football games & a whole lot of loot to do so..

I'm not so Happy this Friday ! 😇.... (but it's Gameday !) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crstphr2 said:

I think many people are missing that this is all Watson's fault, not the NFL's.

I lay some of the blame on Jimmah & Andrew.

They said that they fully investigated DW, which turns out to be 💩.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I lay some of the blame on Jimmah & Andrew.

They said that they fully investigated DW, which turns out to be 💩.

TRUE !    When you are going to give a king's ransom to take on a guy and everything  that goes with it you better not be 80% or 90% sure you better be absolutely positively 100%  sure  you know what you are doing.

So far the Dufuis Twins have failed miserably......regardless of how good a QB. DW will be.  They failed miserably on the character part of this test.  Laughing stocks of the NFL,  thanks !     

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

TRUE !    When you are going to give a king's ransom to take on a guy and everything  that goes with it you better not be 80% or 90% sure you better be absolutely positively 100%  sure  you know what you are doing.

So far the Dufuis Twins have failed miserably......regardless of how good a QB. DW will be.  They failed miserably on the character part of this test.  Laughing stocks of the NFL,  thanks !     

just absolutely true.

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

Browns' Deshaun Watson 'truly sorry to all of the women I have impacted'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

"Watson completed just one of his five passes for seven yards Friday in what was his first NFL action since the 2020 season."

wowzer, that has to make watson groupies choke a bit.giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

"Watson completed just one of his five passes for seven yards Friday in what was his first NFL action since the 2020 season."

wowzer, that has to make watson groupies choke a bit.giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Don't you have a Carolina Board to throw up on somewhere?

8 hours ago, Vambo said:

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I've been saying this for years 🤓

For the love of anything football...

Don't chose to link nor listen to anything Fox News has to say in the sporting world..

They have chosen to add no sports talent on staff to do so ...

Besides 5 Pro Bowlers not playing..

How many of Watson's 5 passes were either dropped or on his target? should take all of 15 mins of FF review

I'm still waiting on that media genius..

• Upvote 1