THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

6 minutes ago, Why?!?!? said:

I have two questions 

Why do the Texans walk away from this unscathed?

Where does Mike Florio’s career go from here?

1. They get pushed around this year and the following and hopefully the next after that.   Mystery to me… where are the social justice folks when you need them.  Can Browns fans protest for action…how does it work?

2. He’s back to breaking premature stories and practicing in the art of thinking he knows legal stuff.  Whatever he wants I guess 

57 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I really can't endorse that myself, for a few reasons. 

- Cost. JG's contract is a burden given his value.

- He isn't so head and shoulders above Jacoby that gives him what I just mentioned... value 

- He had less reps in camp with this team than Jacoby, so now he comes in and probably doesn't fare much better the first 6 games, at bare minimum.   So that burden of cost instead comes back around. 

Jimmy G is ok, but he has been blessed with a quality Oline, a great pass rush, the best running game and one of the more inventive head coaches in the NFL, and finally Deebo Samuel. 

For all I mention of Baker being elevated by talent around him, the, Jimmy G ain't far off.

Edit: Symp already beat me to it.  Nicely done.

Hmm…I’m reading your part of the Jimmy G 49er support.

quality Oline.  Okay we are down a center now but we have magician for a coach.

Great pass rush…you are more positive than most regarding  our defense and I think we are great here (have the potential at least)

Best running game….yes. One of at the very least.

HC… l like shanny.  Stefanski could do no wrong in 2020-2021.  

Deebo…run/catch threat.  We have a few but not a perfect match here…but the weapons exist here.

15 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

11 games to many.

It's all kind of crazy, -0- games ?  5 games ?  11 ?  17 ?  More ?  

And stop and think what individual that you know of has been fined   $5,000,000   and can pay it like you'd pay a speeding ticket.....courtesy of our Cleveland BROWNS  thank you.

And he will be forever branded a freak-o person wearing a Cleveland BROWNS starting quarterback uniform on every snap  -or-  just ev everyday  all 365.

Makes me sick about the whole sordid story.

18 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

It's all kind of crazy, -0- games ?  5 games ?  11 ?  17 ?  More ?  

And stop and think what individual that you know of has been fined   $5,000,000   and can pay it like you'd pay a speeding ticket.....courtesy of our Cleveland BROWNS  thank you.

And he will be forever branded a freak-o person wearing a Cleveland BROWNS starting quarterback uniform on every snap  -or-  just ev everyday  all 365.

Makes me sick about the whole sordid story.

And so will the fan wearing a Watson jersey, especially outside of Cleveland.

How many of you got your Watson jerseys?

44 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

quality Oline.  Okay we are down a center now but we have magician for a coach.

Great pass rush…you are more positive than most regarding  our defense and I think we are great here (have the potential at least)

Best running game….yes. One of at the very least.

HC… l like shanny.  Stefanski could do no wrong in 2020-2021.  

Deebo…run/catch threat.  We have a few but not a perfect match here…but the weapons exist here.

- I wouldn't say "magician"   Young Shanny  couldn't make our 3rd string C work in 2014.   That is, by no coincidence, when Hoyer started to fall apart as well.

- Yes, we have a top 5 running game.

- Stef has less time as a HC than Shanny, so I expect those same growing pains.  Still, no head coach is above mistakes. Not in year 1, not in year 30.  The point being to keep refining and possibly innovating after losses and during the off-season.    We're all students of the game, even the professionals.

- While we don't have a top 10 WR or TE like San Fran, the Browns collective talent could be every bit as good.   So yes, the weapons do exist here.

Watson is such a dirt bag. Yes I know I'm a steeler fan as the majority of the board already knows. The Browns should just never let the guy open his damn mouth. He just digs the hole deeper. Everytime he talks he shows no remorse, admits to zero wrong doing. It's sociopathic. Before anyone says anything about Ben the only reason I could stomach the guy is because he was a stallion under center. He annoys the fuck out of me most of the time despite my defense of him here for years on years. He also didn't have 66 therapists and 20 plus accusers. The Browns need to gag order Watson. Dude is a POS. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

It's finally over. By the first week of December, when Watson comes back, I predict this will all be forgotten because by then they'll be another NFL fiasco to be talked about. 

it won't be forgotten by a lot of folks who are disgusted with all this.

• Haha 2

Ok, it's been settled, punishment has been doled out. So how long are the people going to hold on to this? How many snarky comments about Watson do I have to read on anything Browns related that don't have anything to do with Watson? Because we all know how many perfect people there are out there with nothing to hide.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

I hope Jacoby makes it impossible for Stef to take him out week 12. 

I foresee unremarkable play.  I hope I’m wrong.  I think we could overcome 6 games.  This is a kick in the balls. 

if he limits the mistakes, we run well, play defense (from the start), limit the stupidity that plagued us in 2021.  I think 6 wins is possible and then you enter a rusty QB.

Go Buckeyes. 

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I wonder if Jimmah is having buyer’s remorse?

At 230M fully guaranteed with all that draft capital he most definitely should be. Especially when you consider how much football he will have missed by the time he actually sees the field. The contract will never not be moronic and Haslam has his pants down around his ankles with the million in year one so Watson didn't lose a bunch of money. The 5 million dollar fine ain't shit to him either. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

At 230M fully guaranteed with all that draft capital he most definitely should be. Especially when you consider how much football he will have missed by the time he actually sees the field. The contract will never not be moronic and Haslam has his pants down around his ankles with the million in year one so Watson didn't lose a bunch of money. The 5 million dollar fine ain't shit to him either. 

Gee thanks for shedding some light on such things.

Shouldn't you be discussing the Steelers QB situation with your friends?

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

And so will the fan wearing a Watson jersey, especially outside of Cleveland.

How many of you got your Watson jerseys?

Out of curiosity, I did check and there are Watson jerseys for sale at the NFL Shop.  I suspect they're not a big seller. You can get Mayfield jerseys 1\2 off though.  :)  That's why I quit buying jerseys with a player's name on it, I have a Tim Couch jersey gathering dust in the basement.  

• Like 1

They should've taken the NFL to court.  I'm betting Haslam told him to just accept the 11 games and $$ to put an end to it.  I still say, What a sham Sue Robinson is!

• Upvote 1

No problem with Watson being suspended but when you compare his 11 game suspension to ben roethlisberger's 4 game suspension it makes you wonder who is actually running the NFL.  Gamepass cancelled for this season.  May come back next, not decided as yet.  Go Browns.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Out of curiosity, I did check and there are Watson jerseys for sale at the NFL Shop.  I suspect they're not a big seller. You can get Mayfield jerseys 1\2 off though.  :)  That's why I quit buying jerseys with a player's name on it, I have a Tim Couch jersey gathering dust in the basement.  

I did pull the trigger on a Nick Chubb jersey and luckily it has worked out well so far. I seriously was contemplating just having a jersey made with an old-school player, like Motley, Graham or Warfield. 

I got a Guardians shirt made prior to the season with... Franmil Reyes' name and number on it. After hitting bombs for two seasons for Cleveland, I get the shirt and he promptly goes in the tank and gets released two weeks ago. 😂

14 minutes ago, Kennel Club said:

No problem with Watson being suspended but when you compare his 11 game suspension to ben roethlisberger's 4 game suspension it makes you wonder who is actually running the NFL.

The Browns are not the Steelers.  We don't rate.

29 minutes ago, Kennel Club said:

No problem with Watson being suspended but when you compare his 11 game suspension to ben roethlisberger's 4 game suspension it makes you wonder who is actually running the NFL.  Gamepass cancelled for this season.  May come back next, not decided as yet.  Go Browns.

Gosh I thought by now everyone should have gotten the "Rapistburger" story straight.

Ben got what he deserved, so did Watson.

From the Georgia DA assigned to the case.

"It wasn't a difficult decision," says Bright. "I'm a prosecutor seeking justice, and we did not have a case. It was not even a close call."

Bright adds that after the alleged victim in the Milledgeville case and her attorney stated that she did not want to pursue the case, Bright wanted to hear from the woman directly, and he and members of the Milledgeville Police Department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation -- two agencies that investigated Roethlisberger in the case -- drove to the woman's home to meet.

"Her mother and her lawyer and she made it crystal clear that they did not want to go forward with this," says Bright. "It would have been the wrong thing to do to prosecute Roethlisberger. There was that line that I used in the (2010) press conference, 'We do not prosecute morals, we prosecute crimes.'"

Bright says that he is not aware of Roethlisberger making any kind of payoff to the alleged victim in the Milledgeville case. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Roethlisberger for six games for violating the league's personal conduct policy, but the punishment was later reduced to four games.

It's the NFL that prosecutes morals.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Ok, it's been settled, punishment has been doled out. So how long are the people going to hold on to this? How many snarky comments about Watson do I have to read on anything Browns related that don't have anything to do with Watson? Because we all know how many perfect people there are out there with nothing to hide.

Until the day he's no longer a Cleveland Brown.  I'm not a perfect person and have a few skeletons in my closet, but I also didn't have a quarter hundred women accuse me of sexual violence and misconduct. I'm truly baffled that's so hard for people to understand. 

I'm not suggesting most people, even for heinous crimes, don't deserve some sort of second chance. But that doesn't mean I will ever forget, be happy, or root for this POS.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Until the day he's no longer a Cleveland Brown.  I'm not a perfect person and have a few skeletons in my closet, but I also didn't have a quarter hundred women accuse me of sexual violence and misconduct. I'm truly baffled that's so hard for people to understand..

I think they understand it.

I don't think they really care. At the end of the day, most people don't care about people they don't know. They do care about their favorite football team, and if a player can help them win, well, there you are. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Until the day he's no longer a Cleveland Brown.  I'm not a perfect person and have a few skeletons in my closet, but I also didn't have a quarter hundred women accuse me of sexual violence and misconduct. I'm truly baffled that's so hard for people to understand. 

I'm not suggesting most people, even for heinous crimes, don't deserve some sort of second chance. But that doesn't mean I will ever forget, be happy, or root for this POS.

That's just it, they are accusations. He was never convicted of a crime. To me it looks like another classic example of a young man that has access to tons of money and fame and doesn't know what to do with it and made some stupid mistakes and people are looking to cash in. Just hope he learned his lesson.

• Haha 1

If we were all so lucky enough to get paid & play on the NFL stages as players? Oh,,,It's fine-able & suspend-able in the NFL workplace... So here we are.. 

Watson RULES-- Watson has also been fined $5 million and ordered to commit to counseling and treatment.

* Aug. 30 at 4 p.m.(53 cut-down day)  -- Watson must vacate the CrossCountry Mortgage Campus in Berea to begin the suspension, and will be prohibited from returning until midway through his ban.

* Oct. 10 -- Following Week 5 of the season, the day after the Browns’ home game against the Chargers on Oct. 9, Watson can return to Berea for limited team activities -- meetings and lifting -- to get reacclimated. The rule, borrowed from the NFL’s substance abuse policy, is that he can return half-way through his suspension, and the policy favors the player, so it’s after five games.

* Nov. 14 -- Watson may begin practicing with the Browns for the last two weeks of his suspension. It’s the day after the Browns play at Miami.

* Nov. 28 -- Watson becomes eligible to play in games and can participate fully in all team activities.

* Dec. 4 -- Watson is eligible to play in Houston against his former team. It will mark 700 days since his previous game on Jan. 3, 2021.

:REGULAR SEASON: Suspended without pay for the first 11 games and may return on Nov. 28 (not weeks, but games; Browns have bye in Week 9).

If you got to here.. You've read half of below link 

Here are other rules, as provided by the NFL

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/rules-for-deshaun-watsons-11-game-suspension-when-he-must-leave-when-he-can-return-and-everything-in-between.html