THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

On 8/18/2022 at 2:36 PM, mjp28 said:

think what individual that you know of has been fined

Just a public service reminder that Watson was paid his $10.5m salary in 2021. 

Think of it more as half what he was paid to watch Netflix last year.. and, apparently, eat lobster dip, because he did look a few fried chickens heavier than he was in 2020.  Hopefully he's got a few dozen windsprint sessions scheduled between now and week 11..

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

and there's nothing more I can say to you

Shouldn't be hard considering you didn't say much to begin with.

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

This is a willing and able piece of shit.

Well if he makes you cry on the inside there are other things to do in the fall.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

So what is an organization to do at the most important spot when you have a window of opportunity closing? 

That window is closing fast, and the Browns pushed all of the chips in the middle of the table.

If they don’t win big this year, that open window gets smaller and smaller with each passing season.

I have a feeling the Browns go bust on this gamble and the team is set back several years.

5 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

That window is closing fast, and the Browns pushed all of the chips in the middle of the table.

If they don’t win big this year, that open window gets smaller and smaller with each passing season.

I have a feeling the Browns go bust on this gamble and the team is set back several years.

Rodgers, Wilson - pipe dreams.

Watson - potential baggage elite skill set 

Jimmy G. - very slight baker upgrade

2022 Draft QB class- disappointing 

can you think of anyone else?

The roster is ready and you have key components in their prime years.

Were you on board with the Baker Mayfield rollercoaster ride?

Im saying all this because Its not far from thinking AB and Stefanski didn’t co-sign the deal with Watson.  Don’t act like this is all Haslem 

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Matt Ryan is killing it at Colts camp..

5 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

if you think

And.. if you think 2 different grand juries failing to indict him assuming all the evidence is true was entirely a nothingburger I really don't know why you keep repeating ..

Fact: Grand juries start with the premise that if evidence is introduced, it's true.  The purpose of a grand jury is to answer a [relatively] simple question.. IF the evidence is true, is this enough to move forward?  Here's the law/the standard in one hand, here's our evidence in the other. Do they match..  that's it. Conviction isn't a consideration.

Prosecution swung and missed --- because there literally isn't a thing here.

5 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

and 25 women accusing 

And what were they saying? 

If a person works 25 jobs each for 1 year, they had 1 year of experience 25 times.  Point being that the felony requires something substantial to happen, and running up the score on the number arranged doesn't get to the things that would be a felony.

The grand jury is just as much a "Jury Of Peers" as a trial jury is ---- grand jury actually views more evidence against the defendant because a defense attorney is going to strike, rule out etc many pieces from the trial jury as compared to the grand jury.

And both of the grand juries said no dice. These are Texas grand juries.. the state with the highest prison population in the US.

This makes me think they don't have the goods.

I spent months of my life on a grand jury.. this isn't random, I've been there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

don’t believe the decision to bring DW to Cleveland falls squarely on the shoulders of AB. I think this whole thing reeks of Jimmah sticking his nose into the football decisions once again.

That's an easy conclusion to come to.  I'd like to know what DePodesta thought/thinks about making the trade.

As for the prospect of Jacoby doing really well making the decision to sit him down a difficult one:

No doubt this is a conspiracy theory but I would not be shocked if Jimmy Haslam ordered Stefanski to stay away from plays that might make Brissett look too good.

BTW  a little more of the same

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/sports/florio-watsons-new-denials-could-compromise-reinstatement

WSS

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah, really dumb on his part. From the article however: "Part of Watson's suspension calls for an independent psychiatric evaluation and treatment, and, according to Florio, it's hard to imagine a therapist signing off on Watson's progress if he's maintaining that he did nothing wrong."

Any therapist worth a shit will break through that denial and get him to face the truth about himself head on, address it correctly and withdraw the denial publicly. My guess is that they get him one good enough to do just exactly that. I can't imagine this will be a problem by week 12.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

The roster is ready and you have key components in their prime years.

Were you on board with the Baker Mayfield rollercoaster ride?

Im saying all this because Its not far from thinking AB and Stefanski didn’t co-sign the deal with Watson.  Don’t act like this is all Haslem 

With our newly acquired “elite” QB missing 11 games this season, how much is he going to contribute to this year’s success/failure?

Since I live in NE Ohio, I can tell you first hand we’re seeing much more of Jimmah (and Dee) on TV offering his sage advice and being the PR mouthpiece for DW.

If he didn’t have anything to do with this shit show, he would non-existent in the public eye.

• Upvote 1

Well said @TexasAg1969 👍

here's my conclusion thoughts in a nutshell 

If you thought Daniel Snyder was a 💩show at congress? Well just, wait for a league of NFL suits that would have been found well aware of Watson's ugly habits in Houston.. And still the NFL did nothing..and Watson was still getting paid.. The NFL had to settle with the NFLPA in this case imho..

The Texans new GM Nick Caserio was molded with The Patriots, Robert Kraft from 2001-2020.. (It's all Bull'💩 the Texans had no involvement.. They all just poof, by magic all lost their jobs...blow me!)

question?

Watson chose to attorney'd up with Rusty Hardin.. Now backed into a corner? He can't change his story now from 2 grand jury's..The NFL..than Sue Robinson?  Or should he? 

I believe Watson, has made his choice, when he decided to dump the browns scripted card to read at his presser 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/19/lauren-baxley-explains-her-refusal-to-settle-with-deshaun-watson-he-shows-no-remorse/

Well I have very little faith in counseling, I think it's a dog and pony show for the public. Whatever it is and whoever it is if you do something even somewhat distasteful at least 24 times (Actually 60+) then you're not sorry. You're sorry you got caught. And to be certain none of the 24 went screaming and crying out of the room. On the other hand if I had a friend who went trolling for prostitutes 60 times within a year or so I think he was pretty creepy and a little bit sick whether or not I thought he was an actual Criminal.

WSS

23 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I think when we talk about talent, the primary in mind are the things that make a team competitive...

- strength in the trenches

- running game 

Save for my concerns about the IDL, the Browns have a pair of the best guards in the NFL and a functional set of tackles. That's not including Conklin coming back and being healthy (dear god, please) 

We also have a great pass rush, and our running game speaks for itself. 

Jacoby hasn't been part of a team as a starter with that sort of blessing since his time in New England, and even then they have more role players than dominant individual skill players.   And yes, Miami's Oline was pretty spotty. 

Cooper, despite being traded to the cowboys and then us, is still a pretty proven vertical commodity.  DPJ is an enigma that I'm hoping catches on. And Njoku was an athlete who is finally flashing glimpses of the complete player we've been hoping he'd grow into. The last 3 years, his drop rates have all declined significantly, his blocking both inline and on the perimeter has improved as well.   I believe it's not a giant leap of faith to say he can produce more when we have an offense that is QB and volume centric.  Which we won't see probably until this time next year. 

So there is a bit of projection on the talent available here. But not such a stretch to say it isn't a reality that can be realized.  

To me, David Bell is the gear that could make this engine really go in time.  He just has that pro style look to his game where, nothing he does is flashy, but he consistently wins his routes and gives his QB a friend at almost every level of the field between his footwork, height and hands.   

Schwartz is a luxury. If he develops, that's great.  If not, I would consider him on punt returns and possibly making him a weapon for field position. But if I can't trust you to catch, then I can't trust you to field returns cleanly.  

Well said.  I've also posted my excitement about the Browns drafting David Bell. If we ever wanted a younger and lesser paid version of Jarvis Landry - I think he is it (once he gets healthy and the reps in him).  This isn't a very deep group though; and I can't stand seeing all the efforts to square peg-round hole Schwartz.  I would much rather see this kind of effort put into a better young WR like DPJ.  Felton should be getting more reps/looks in the slot.  Whether I like it or not, my biggest worry is what a backup QB is going to get out of this unit.  Maybe a contract happier TE David Njoku will contribute some big production.  He's become a much better blocker fwiw so we shall see.

We also had an elite offensive line on paper heading into 2021 before injuries changed things. This year, despite 2 elite Guards there's a lot of uncertainty about who we will have to start between them at Center.  And Conklin is overcoming 2 different injuries last year so I'm hoping we get closer to who he used to be.  The depth is good as you alluded to.  I still want to see Wills play with the talent and consistency he was drafted to bring in round 1.  We're very fortunate to have Callahan coaching them up.  I'd like this offense to be well balanced; but when/if it isn't - our running game isn't always enough to win.

Yes, we definitely have some talented edge rushers and secondary personnel. There's also some very promising young LBs if they can stay healthy. A big question we share is what kind of impact will our DTs have at keeping bodies off our Backers against the run?  In addition, can they consistently generate any kind of inside push?  "PUSH IT REAL GOOD!"  Sorry, that was a little too much coffee.  If the 1st preseason game means anything, I saw some progress in Elliott and Togiai while Winfrey looks like he can really help this group.  I did see Elliott and Winfrey come out of their stance too high on 1 occasion each.  Each occasion leverage was forfeited - they got driven back.  Good news is that's easy to correct.  I remembered being really worried about our LBs going into 2020; but that position group never stopped us from winning 11 games in that regular season plus a playoff game.

I'll be interested to see what the philosophies and schemes of our offensive and defensive coordinators will be; and how those will hold up against a very tough schedule ahead.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Well said.  I've also posted my excitement about the Browns drafting David Bell. If we ever wanted a younger and lesser paid version of Jarvis Landry - I

Most of what you said echo my sentiments.  With a couple additions...

- If Wills doesn't improve his consistency and kinetic 2nd nature to the left side, I could very well see him moving back to the right after this season.  It would accomplish a couple things - secure a long term starting spot after Conklin or Hubbard are gone. Also would mean that his 2nd contract price might be a bit more....team friendly.  Although I am aware this isn't 20 years ago and right tackles make good money as well, in a league that values multiple pass rushers. 

- the big one in being quoted above. I see Bell as a potential upgrade over Landry because of his height, weight, wingspan and strength.  I honestly believe he looks more like Michael Thomas lite.  Not quite as strong off the line or as fast a first step (not that MT is lightening quick) but good enough for those 60-70 catch seasons that hover between 800- 1000 yards. 

- Elliot and Togys improvement might not be enough for starting level at the NFL, which is my concern.  Really, until anyone on the IDL proves themselves this season, the whole group is a giant '?'    And yes, as much as I like the early returns, that includes Perrion who will eventually hit a rookie wall.

23 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Most of what you said echo my sentiments.  With a couple additions...

- If Wills doesn't improve his consistency and kinetic 2nd nature to the left side, I could very well see him moving back to the right after this season.  It would accomplish a couple things - secure a long term starting spot after Conklin or Hubbard are gone. Also would mean that his 2nd contract price might be a bit more....team friendly.  Although I am aware this isn't 20 years ago and right tackles make good money as well, in a league that values multiple pass rushers. 

- the big one in being quoted above. I see Bell as a potential upgrade over Landry because of his height, weight, wingspan and strength.  I honestly believe he looks more like Michael Thomas lite.  Not quite as strong off the line or as fast a first step (not that MT is lightening quick) but good enough for those 60-70 catch seasons that hover between 800- 1000 yards. 

- Elliot and Togys improvement might not be enough for starting level at the NFL, which is my concern.  Really, until anyone on the IDL proves themselves this season, the whole group is a giant '?'    And yes, as much as I like the early returns, that includes Perrion who will eventually hit a rookie wall.

Another advantage of Bell over Landry today is the upside of 8 less years of NFL wear and tear.

We're thinking alike about a possible move to the right side for Wills next season if the LT thing doesn't work.   I sure wish we had a 1st round pick in the next couple of drafts though.  

I'm afraid you're right about Elliott and Togys but they could still give us fresh rotation legs if they continue to improve.  Like we talked about - our FO has to bring in some meat from last cuts or practice squad designations.  I was hoping to see more out of Bryan last week.

I think with teams hitting less frequently in practice during the regular season that can somewhat lessen that rookie wall.  Also a lot of teams are rotating parts/all of their dline groups these days for fresh legs.  These poor kids coming out of college go right from Bowl Games to All Star Games/practice weeks to preparation for Combines then College Pro Days then private workouts for NFL Teams.  Once drafted they're at mini-camps, then OTAs etc.  I'm sure the awareness of this process has become why the NFL Players Union (whatever they call it) diligently worked to get the practice weeks softened.

Edited by Flugel
Added thought on Bryan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

They should've just taken the friggin' NFL to court if he's going to maintain he's innocent, while the NFL wants him to genuflect and kiss Roger's ring.    And people are now pissed because it's still not enough punishment.  Just cut his pecker off and be done with it already.  

Look, he's been a sleezebag.  OK, we get it!  If the criteria for being an NFL player is being an alter boy then from now on only alter boys can play in the league.  Ban him from the league and give the Browns the rest of the traded draft picks back.  Then from now on anyone who does something stupid is banned...like Hunt, Ray Lewis, Rapistburger, etc., etc., etc., .......

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

What he's doing here is to once again stress he did nothing wrong in terms of committing a crime.

Ok Deshaun we got it.

He needed to say that he apologizes for behavior that was wrong and inappropriate.  He didn't do that.

In the last line below, he is taking zero responsibility.

I’ve always stood on my innocence, and always said I’ve never assaulted anyone or disrespected anyone, and I’m continuing to stand on that,” Watson said.

Watson was asked, why apologize if he did nothing wrong?

“For everyone that was affected by this situation,” Watson said. “There was a lot of people that were triggered.”

What sanctimonious piece of garbage.

47 minutes ago, FY56 said:

What he's doing here is to once again stress he did nothing wrong in terms of committing a crime.

Ok Deshaun we got it.

He needed to say that he apologizes for behavior that was wrong and inappropriate.  He didn't do that.

In the last line below, he is taking zero responsibility.

I’ve always stood on my innocence, and always said I’ve never assaulted anyone or disrespected anyone, and I’m continuing to stand on that,” Watson said.

Watson was asked, why apologize if he did nothing wrong?

“For everyone that was affected by this situation,” Watson said. “There was a lot of people that were triggered.”

What sanctimonious piece of garbage.

go root for carolina

On 8/19/2022 at 1:55 PM, Neo said:

You're right. I guess there are things that we can't help like you being a crybaby dickwad about every little thing. I bet you will be in the crowd to boo him at Browns stadium when he comes back for his first game because we all know your shit doesn't stink. 

I just want to get back to Browns football.

Wow who pissed in your cheerios this morning Don Puerco?.. I guess you'll be the first in line to hug his nuts...

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He's gonna be my FL QB 1st pick.

It won't be too long for the FL teams, drafts and all of that good stuff. 

Good for the offseason that wouldn't end.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

It won't be too long for the FL teams, drafts and all of that good stuff. 

Good for the offseason that wouldn't end.  

Last time I played in 2020 I had Cupp, McCaffrey, and Mostert go down in the 1st two weeks of the season. Ruined 3 of my top 4 right off the bat for the season. Derrick Henry saved my season though to break even for the year.

20 hours ago, Orion said:

They should've just taken the friggin' NFL to court if he's going to maintain he's innocent, while the NFL wants him to genuflect and kiss Roger's ring.    And people are now pissed because it's still not enough punishment.  Just cut his pecker off and be done with it already.  

Look, he's been a sleezebag.  OK, we get it!  If the criteria for being an NFL player is being an alter boy then from now on only alter boys can play in the league.  Ban him from the league and give the Browns the rest of the traded draft picks back.  Then from now on anyone who does something stupid is banned...like Hunt, Ray Lewis, Rapistburger, etc., etc., etc., .......

I think you are talking apples and oranges with Hunt Lewis Roethlisberger Cheesecake Factory etc.

I can further discuss if you really don't get it but I'll bet you can. 

Even if every single one of these women was a whore if you had a friend, family member coworker Etc that visited a house of ill repute on a nearly weekly basis (like Zombo 😆😆😆) you'd think even if he wasn't a criminal he was kind of a sick fuck.

WSS

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

you'd think even if he wasn't a criminal he was kind of a sick fuck.

No argument.  But being kind of a sick fuck has never been exclusionary.  It used to be a semi-sought trait for non-skill positions.  (although a somewhat different kind of sick).

12 hours ago, Orion said:

No argument.  But being kind of a sick fuck has never been exclusionary.  It used to be a semi-sought trait for non-skill positions.  (although a somewhat different kind of sick).

North Dallas Forty.   LOL!

Or in this case South Houston 66!🤗