THE BROWNS BOARD

predictions for game 1 vs carolina

syd

each emerson ward and williams get a pick vs mayfield with emerson taking one to the house

are D will hold McCaffrey to 75 yards rushing and one and only t.d of the game

garrett will strip sack mayfield and knock him out of the game with a concussion that will be so bad that it ends his season

on offense

jacoby will  be 19-24 for 280 yards and two t.d's one to cooper and one to felton

we will have a combined rushing yards of 343 yards and t.d's from chubb  and two from hunt 

special teams

cade will hit all his p.a.t's

final score 

Browns 42 panthers 7

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

And Baker Reagan Mayfield will be the starting CAR QB.

I predict some interest there. 

Either way... I guess we can effectively say Mayfield went from being a DAWG to being a "PUSSY" ...'meow' ... This is a tough one to call.. But strangely.. I like the clowns in this one by a Cade York FG or PAT.

Myles addresses some of that in this interview, but I also heard him without falter state that Jordan Elliot has come back in far better position to play well than anyone would have expected. That is music to the ears for those like tia concerned about the IDL. Go to the 13:19 mark if you want to only hear that comment, but the rest of the interview he addresses the Carolina game and Baker being named QB.

On 8/20/2022 at 1:04 PM, syd said:

jacoby will  be 19-24 for 280 yards and two t.d's one to cooper and one to felton

we will have a combined rushing yards of 343 yards and t.d's from chubb  and two from hunt 

special teams......    cade will hit all his p.a.t's

★  final score ......Browns 42 panthers 7 ..... you have our BROWNS 0.5 from covering the OVER by themselves 

Well syd you sound pretty confident in our BROWNS in WEEK 1.  This is from our friends at  vegasinsider.com.    updated  May 14, not current enough and those are lines not predictions.    

Deshaun Watson will make his first start since January 2021 this September. Cleveland dealt a ton of draft capital to Houston in order to bring in Watson, and one of the teams that was also in on the quarterback was Carolina. The Panthers know that Sam Darnold is not the answer and hope that rookie Matt Corral can be the long-term answer to their quarterback issues. ....... oooops no Deshaun guys, but I think Jacoby can do enough to win.  Even over Mayfield.   I'm  not sure on the numbers quite yet. . 

Maybe CLE 28 CAR 24 ?  OVER.

While we're talking about lines, updated May 14....not current enough. 

Were the Cincinnati Bengals a one-hit wonder or will they be a Super Bowl contender again this year? Joe Burrow was exceptional in last year’s playoffs, but Cincinnati has some major questions along the offensive line and with its defense. Reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year T.J. Watt will test Burrow’s protection in Week 1.  

And......

I predict the game thread, and multiple threads after the game, will be especially spicy. 😏

I'll be 3 hours away in the wilds of northwestern Pennsylvania that weekend, so you mods can breathe easily. 🙂

But I fully expect the Panthers to pull one out. Hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

A Browns victory and I may be there to witness it in person ..........  is.........

........ priceless  !      :D    

GO BROWNS  !

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Browns 3, Panthers 35  Mayfield throws 3 TD's and Briquet is taken out of the game with a shoulder injury.

FIFY!

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

No way.  Mayfield is toast.  And why would you want the Browns to lose?

I didn't say anything about "wanting" them to lose... Mayfield is far from toast... I'm gonna gonna laugh when hes up there holding a Lombardi long before the Browns ever do...

12 minutes ago, nickers said:

I didn't say anything about "wanting" them to lose... Mayfield is far from toast... I'm gonna gonna laugh when hes up there holding a Lombardi long before the Browns ever do...

I know you are familiar with the Orbison song "In Dreams".  LOL!:rolleyes:

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

a) state that Jordan Elliot has come back in far better position to play well than anyone would have expected.

b.) That is music to the ears for those like tia concerned about the IDL. 

a) what we don't know is what Elliot's conditioning will look like late in crunch time.. ala still a slimmer Danny Shelton

b.) Garrett will get his.. If I'm to believe Clowney disliked Baker? Stunting Clowney inside to DT looks, is where the the Panthers OL is it's weakest..

I'm expecting a big game from JC 👀  

• Upvote 1

Flashback to Mayfield's 2019 win against the Bengals and the sideline leer he gave newly installed Hue Jackson. I think 2 things happen game 1. First, the usual Browns opening day loss and 2, Mayfield's chip in the form of presenting stefansky with the game ball.

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Is Baker going to be named Commissioner of the NFL after Goodell? 

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Why would you laugh?  You're either a Browns fan or looks like only a Mayfield Groupie.

Because the Browns are complete idiots...

I don't bet on nor against the Browns; never have. If I did I would probably bet on them to win this game. Like a bad tooth on the flywheel eventually the starter is going to land right there. We haven't won one for a while . But a win would be for a lot of different reasons, hatred or love for any particular player doesn't factor in.

And because I like Myles Garrett I'm hoping he can refrain himself from cheap shots a la Mike Tomlin.

I'd have more confidence in the Panthers had they picked up Baker earlier and he had more time to acclimate himself to their offense, but shoulda woulda coulda. Also the Panthers are one of the worst teams in the league and I haven't seen much besides an upgraded quarterback that would make me think they had turned the corner.

WSS

On 8/23/2022 at 9:28 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Myles addresses some of that in this interview, but I also heard him without falter state that Jordan Elliot has come back in far better position to play well than anyone would have expected. That is music to the ears for those like tia concerned about the IDL. Go to the 13:19 mark if you want to only hear that comment, but the rest of the interview he addresses the Carolina game and Baker being named QB.

Thanks for sharing that Aggies!  Despite the good news from Myles about Elliott, there's still concerns about the DT position.  While Togiai and Elliott have improved to the point where they deserve reps in the rotation - the Browns are 1-2 injuries from FUBAR with this position group.  It'll be interesting to see who the Browns sign from practice squads and final cuts soon.  If they ever need to get really desperate, the Mystery Meat Special of the week could be former DT (now playing OT) James Hudson III.  Stay tuned...

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Thanks for sharing that Aggies!  Despite the good news from Myles about Elliott, there's still concerns about the DT position.  While Togiai and Elliott have improved to the point where they deserve reps in the rotation - the Browns are 1-2 injuries from FUBAR with this position group.  It'll be interesting to see who the Browns sign from practice squads and final cuts soon.  If they ever need to get really desperate, the Mystery Meat Special of the week could be former DT (now playing OT) James Hudson III.  Stay tuned...

Well I'm very excited about the potential of Oprah. I've seen some really good play from him inside. I think as he learns from Myles, Clowney, & Elliott we will see some very coordinated pressure every down. Combine that with an improved secondary & LB play makes me see the makings of a great Defense that will set up the Offense quite well many more times than last year.

As a fan, I am allowed to look ahead…quite honestly if we are concerned about Baker who is learning a new offense behind a shaky young offensive line…WE HAVE MAJOR Problems with our defense and if we dont look good…we aren’t who we think we are.   

There is no excuses this is Woods third year.  He’s had a litany of draft capital spent to make the system go.  We need to come out strong and confuse and harass an average QB in week 1.   He’s getting a layup week 1 - as we know baker better than bakers new team- dunk the ball with authority 

I tend to think whomever is getting reps in the interior will look a lot better week 1 when the center and QB are staring at Myles and Clowney with JOK screaming down on a blitz. 

Baker will take some shots and let his ego get in the way regardless of hanging onto the ball a few seconds too long or going right at Ward.   The chances of him making a big play are as a great as him giving the defense a big play 2-3xs

We couldn’t have asked for a better opener regardless of who we trot out at QB

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Ya know, it's Baker that broke a lot of our negative streaks that we'd accumulated over the last couple of decades.  Perhaps he's able to break yet another, our opening day losing streak.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1