THE BROWNS BOARD

predictions for game 1 vs carolina

syd

On 8/27/2022 at 12:20 AM, SdBacker80 said:

we need to keep an eye on Tremble.   He looks capable and physical he will be Bakers safety net early 

The Jaguars are trading WR Laviska Shenault to the Panthers, "undisclosed draft compensation." per @RapSheet

still don't know the draft comp.. has anybody heard? rumor is a 2023 pick

McCaffrey,

LWR 2 Moore, DJ 18/1 16 Zylstra, Brandon W/Min 19 Kirkwood, Keith U/NO 13 Henry, Ra'Shaun CF22    
RWR 3 Anderson, Robbie U/NYJ 17 Higgins, Rashard U/Cle 18 ROBERTS, ANDRE U/LAC 85 Rambo, Charleston CF22    
SWR 88 Marshall Jr., Terrace 21/2 00 Shenault Jr., Laviska T/Jax 81 Saunders, C.J. SF21 12 Smith, Shi 21/6 83 Wright, Derek CF22

WR"s 13 deep & so they might keep 6 

16 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah... I'm hoping I can avoid dialysis.. My old Producer/Manager died from Dialysis at a young age

I hope so too.

People don't die from dialysis; they die from kidney failure.  Dialysis isn't a permanent fix.  After about 5 years on average it just doesn't do the job.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I hope so too.

People don't die from dialysis; they die from kidney failure.  Dialysis isn't a permanent fix.  After about 5 years on average it just doesn't do the job.

Unless he gets a transplant (on the list for one) my friend knows he has a death sentence. But of course since he is 75 like I am, I point out that we both have the same sentence on a short leash. That makes him grin but certainly not disagree. Recently for that birthday I gave him a US Mint Proof Silver dollar that honors Purple Heart recipients. I never got one, never wanted one, but since he got two for this country it seemed the perfect gift from a fellow in-country vet. I told him I was too cheap to give him the 1/4 ounce gold one. Another big grin! 😁 LOL!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

2D850E87-D86E-43A6-A968-68923208322F.jpeg

I just don’t care anymore if you don’t wear brown and orange you don’t matter.  

You get humble Baker one day, fired up the next cocky the next next day.  Pick 6 here, good play here, misread there, TD here. 

amounts to slightly below average/average on an otherwise very good roster relative to the rest of the league. 

Move along….

6 hours ago, Tackman said:

OpAq4Gor_bigger.jpg

Oh boy, this is silly. Don’t make this more than it is. I was wishing him good luck, colorfully. He agreed with me, colorfully. What do you expect anyone to do in this situation… #brownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png

9:2

Understood. None of us were to there to witness his demeanor and body language.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

Understood. None of us were to there to witness his demeanor and body language.

I saw her speaking on NFL Network and the context was within what she said. Something like "You go show 'em they made a mistake." She took his response like she would any other NFL player who had ever been dropped or traded by a team. He was replying specifically to her comment and nothing more. She said she wished she had not made his private response to her public.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2022 at 9:00 AM, tiamat63 said:

Great way to all but remove what friendly courtesy you would receive from Myles and Clowney. 

I am hopeful PW will be able to get to him too, with the undoubted focus on our Edges. 

Faker is going to get buried. Maybe not six feet, but buried nonetheless. 

11 hours ago, Tackman said:

OpAq4Gor_bigger.jpg

Oh boy, this is silly. Don’t make this more than it is. I was wishing him good luck, colorfully. He agreed with me, colorfully. What do you expect anyone to do in this situation… #brownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png

9:2

So we thank Cynthia too 

On 8/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I predict the game thread, and multiple threads after the game, will be especially spicy. 😏

I'll be 3 hours away in the wilds of northwestern Pennsylvania that weekend, so you mods can breathe easily. 🙂

But I fully expect the Panthers to pull one out. Hope I'm wrong. 

NW pa?  Like erie?  Sharon?  

Panthers' Baker Mayfield denies saying 'I'm gonna f--- them up' regarding Browns reunion in Week 1

Baker Mayfield said this offseason that the Browns "100 percent" disrespected him when they reversed commitment to him in favor of Deshaun Watson, the ex-Texans star who's suspended to start 2022. Surely, the former No. 1 overall draft pick is eager to get revenge. However, Mayfield is clarifying a recent claim he made in regards to facing his former team in the Week 1 season opener on Sept. 11 in Carolina. 

Appearing this week on the "Around the NFL" podcast, Cynthia Frelund revealed that she crossed paths with Mayfield after the Panthers' preseason finale against the Bills on Friday. During that exchange, Mayfield allegedly delivered a warning shot to the Browns, saying, per NFL Media: "I'm gonna f--- them up."

Naturally, that comment went viral, but Mayfield came out Wednesday and said he did not say that explicitly. 

"I want to win in everything I do, that'll never change," Mayfield told reporters. "That is not how I phrased it, that's not even what I said, so I'll just leave it at that."

Frelund has also downplayed the comment, which came during their private exchange, but it's a fitting precursor to what figures to be one of Week 1's most dramatic matchups.

"We've known he has that type of demeanor and that attitude, and for better or for worse, it works for him," Browns pass rusher Myles Garrett said of Mayfield's alleged comments, per Cleveland.com. "And I'm not mad at him using that fire and that chip on his shoulder to help him play to the level he has. He's been successful in what he's done. ... We'll take it and we'll use it, and I'm hoping for a great matchup. I don't think any less of him because he's going out there and doing the same thing he did when he was with us. He's the same guy personally, and maybe we'll see a different Baker when we get on the field. Who knows?"

Mayfield has repeatedly expressed gratitude to the city of Cleveland and Browns fans for his four-year run as the team's starting QB. But he's also been transparent about wanting a fresh start. After an injury-riddled 2021 campaign, Mayfield was set to enter a contract year auditioning for the Browns' long-term job. That is until Cleveland aggressively recruited -- and ultimately landed -- Watson in a polarizing trade, which included a record $230 million guaranteed contract for the former Houston standout.

So, the reporter said Baker said he was going to "****" them up, but other reports are saying it was the f-bomb. How is that?

Big deal. It's going to be a GREAT GAME, maybe for both teams. lol

We'll learn a lot from both teams - I'm still hoping Carolina wins. Adding the big wr Shenault? will be a nice addition. Not to make the Browns players start out with a loss, again - but to slap the haslams and stephlameski in the forehead. Oh, and berry too. It will be great fun to watch, regardless.

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

So, the reporter said Baker said he was going to "****" them up, but other reports are saying it was the f-bomb. How is that?

We'll learn a lot from both teams - I'm still hoping Carolina wins. Adding the big wr Shenault? will be a nice addition. Not to make the Browns players start out with a loss, again - but to slap the haslams and stephlameski in the forehead. Oh, and berry too. It will be great fun to watch, regardless.

You're either a Browns fan or you're not.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I know you're as big a Browns fan as anybody so hats off for not abandoning your principles for the sake of winning.

I want the Browns to win this game, but I also respect and understand your position.

55 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I know you're as big a Browns fan as anybody so hats off for not abandoning your principles for the sake of winning.

I want the Browns to win this game, but I also respect and understand your position.

Thanks, .... it's all about the controversy that may be never ending. I"ve said before - if they had traded Baker somewhere else, and went to draft a player this past season (hopefully next year's draft), I would have been fine by it all.

Not like this. three first round picks and a historically giant guaranteed contract for a lowlife player that has divided Browns fans, lied to the courts, lied to the Browns..... I draw the line at this fiasco. and the haslams and berry and stef need to be shown for what they are:    ....lonesome losers who went desperate and made their own "deal with the devil".

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...