THE BROWNS BOARD

predictions for game 1 vs carolina

syd

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

As a fan, I am allowed to look ahead…quite honestly if we are concerned about Baker who is learning a new offense behind a shaky young offensive line…WE HAVE MAJOR Problems with our defense and if we dont look good…we aren’t who we think we are.   

There is no excuses this is Woods third year.  He’s had a litany of draft capital spent to make the system go.  We need to come out strong and confuse and harass an average QB in week 1.   He’s getting a layup week 1 - as we know baker better than bakers new team- dunk the ball with authority 

I tend to think whomever is getting reps in the interior will look a lot better week 1 when the center and QB are staring at Myles and Clowney with JOK screaming down on a blitz. 

Baker will take some shots and let his ego get in the way regardless of hanging onto the ball a few seconds too long or going right at Ward.   The chances of him making a big play are as a great as him giving the defense a big play 2-3xs

We couldn’t have asked for a better opener regardless of who we trot out at QB

I feel like this entire post was an attempt to jinx the Browns. 😁

I mean, I get your gist, but man, this post is going to be blasted if the Browns lose. 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think our two bright scientists will take care of this game. Who knew we had two on the team?

All I can say is Joe Woods has NO EXCUSES this year! He better let the DAWGS out with the type of talent emassed on this defense.. Otherwise he's just under utilizing it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/24/2022 at 4:07 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I predict the game thread, and multiple threads after the game, will be especially spicy. 😏

I'll be 3 hours away in the wilds of northwestern Pennsylvania that weekend, so you mods can breathe easily. 🙂

But I fully expect the Panthers to pull one out. Hope I'm wrong. 

i get to go to a surprise 50th birthday party who in the fuck planned that on opening day

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

i get to go to a surprise 50th birthday party who in the fuck planned that on opening day

My first wife used to do stupid $hit like that.   

My forever keeper wife modifies our social calendar around the Browns and Giants. 

It’s the little things that matter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nickers said:

All I can say is Joe Woods has NO EXCUSES this year! He better let the DAWGS out with the type of talent emassed on this defense.. Otherwise he's just under utilizing it.

Agree here 100% and said the same a few days ago.  We can’t start slowly this year.   You got Mayfield, Flacco, Mariota, Trubisky the first four weeks…and each have their own support issues on those respective teams….you have to feast.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Agree here 100% and said the same a few days ago.  We can’t start slowly this year.   You got Mayfield, Flacco, Mariota, Trubisky the first four weeks…and each have their own support issues on those respective teams….you have to feast.

I thought Pickett was starting for the stools...

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We can’t start slowly this year.   You got Mayfield, Flacco, Mariota, Trubisky the first four weeks…and each have their own support issues on those respective teams….

Absolutely!  In order to have any hope at all for the season we've gotta win the first 4 games.  Sadly, I don't hold much hope for this season.  We have a QB room full of backup QB's.  And when Watson is eligible to return he will be quite far from NFL Football - Ready.   Especially in the AFC, you can only go as far as your QB can take you.  But hey, the season ain't even started yet...crazy things have happened before.  We know that, as we're usually the team on the other end of the craziness.  

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Browns defense was, if I recall, made up of a lot of new faces to start the season last year. I think 4 or 5 starters were new guys, at least. 

I'm hoping that is the reason the defense started slowly last year. 

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Watching Panthers Bills.  

Same.. Rough 3rd Quarter in Carolina..

1>PK/K Shane Gonzalez pulls groin practice kicking into net on sidelines before FG attempt..  

2> Backup QB Sam Darnold badly rolled ankle under tackler (Smithy thinks 4 weeks?) PJ Walker Panthers QB2..(A cut Rosen might get call to talk shop)

3> DT Derrick Brown played well.. Out with Oblique..

Final Panthers 21   Bills 0..(played 2/3's) 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Same.. Rough 3rd Quarter in Carolina..

1>PK/K Shane Gonzalez pulls groin practice kicking into net on sidelines before FG attempt..  

2> Backup QB Sam Darnold badly rolled ankle under tackler (Smithy thinks 4 weeks?) PJ Walker Panthers QB2..(A cut Rosen might get call to talk shop)

3> DT Derrick Brown played well.. Out with Oblique..

Final Panthers 21   Bills 0..(played 2/3's) 

I thought the Panthers played first teamers way too long.

Besides McCaff obviously…we need to keep an eye on Tremble.   He looks capable and physical he will be Bakers safety net early 

On 8/26/2022 at 8:10 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I'm hoping that is the reason the defense started slowly last year. 

Even counting the horse-abortion and injury riddled games of the Chargers and Cardinals, the Browns were 13th in scoring defense at 21.8pgg. If you remove extreme high and low from the schedule, the Browns settle around 19ppg, which would have made them good for inside the top 8.      

If this defense starts slow, it'll be because teams are being patient enough to exploit their primary weakness.  

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Looks like Baker found his strike zone again!...

edit: I realize it was a backhanded compliment from barstool*

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Even counting the horse-abortion and injury riddled games of the Chargers and Cardinals, the Browns were 13th in scoring defense at 21.8pgg. If you remove extreme high and low from the schedule, the Browns settle around 19ppg, which would have made them good for inside the top 8.      

If this defense starts slow, it'll be because teams are being patient enough to exploit their primary weakness.  

edit: I realize it was a backhanded compliment from barstool*

I don't go to bars... I find them boring simply because I grew up in the bar business... I've had my fill of being surrounded by drunken assholes...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, nickers said:

I don't go to bars... I find them boring simply because I grew up in the bar business... I've had my fill of being surrounded by drunken assholes...

Well according to some you would not want to share some fine wine with hoorta and me. But according to us it would be an "educational experience" in understanding the nuance of a fine red wine. Here's a hint. Start with a Napa Cabernet from Californicate called Honig (just about any year will do just fine, but the older the better)) and have it with a medium rare prime steak of your choosing. Let the wine breath some before drinking or put it through an aerator directly into each glass if it's a recent vintage. Sip it nice and slow as the more it breaths in the glass the better it gets on the palate. Enjoy!🥩🍷😋😁

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well according to some you would not want to share some fine wine with hoorta and me. But according to us it would be an "educational experience" in understanding the nuance of a fine red wine. Here's a hint. Start with a Napa Cabernet from Californicate called Honig (just about any year will do just fine, but the older the better)) and have it with a medium rare prime steak of your choosing. Let the wine breath some before drinking or put it through an aerator directly into each glass if it's a recent vintage. Sip it nice and slow as the more it breaths in the glass the better it gets on the palate. Enjoy!🥩🍷😋😁

Not a big wine drinker... It gives me horrendous headaches.. I rarely drink these days due to kidney cancer and dehydration...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Not a big wine drinker... It gives me horrendous headaches.. I rarely drink these days due to kidney cancer and dehydration...

Sorry to hear all of that. Good friend has kidney failure and now on home dialysis. I wanted to just share one beer from Estes Park whose water really does come right out of the Rockies from an above ground stream (unlike Coors which is an underground stream despite the adds you see.). But he could not even have a tiny glassful. Such a shame for a guy with two Purple Hearts from Special Forces in Vietnam. Anyway, hope your cancer is in remission.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I predict the game thread, and multiple threads after the game, will be especially spicy. 😏

I'll be 3 hours away in the wilds of northwestern Pennsylvania that weekend, so you mods can breathe easily. 🙂

But I fully expect the Panthers to pull one out. Hope I'm wrong. 

Please don't use the phrase "pull one out" here.  It's a sensitive matter.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sorry to hear all of that. Good fiend has kidney failure and now on home dialysis. I wanted to just share one beer from Estes Park whose water really does come right out of the Rockies from an above ground stream (unlike Coors which is an underground stream despite the adds you see.). But he could not even have a tiny glassful. Such a shame for a guy with two Purple Hearts from Special Forces in Vietnam. Anyway, hope your cancer is in remission.

Yeah... I'm hoping I can avoid dialysis.. My old Producer/Manager died from Dialysis at a young age