THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈Official Game Day Thread NE Pats vs Your Cleveland Browns🏈🏈

Canton Dawg

Wake up you pancake eating mofos!

Bill Belichik and his Patriots will visit the sunny shores of Lake Erie this afternoon to take on the Browns!

The weather forecast is sunny and a balmy 63 degrees this afternoon, so it’s perfect football weather.

I expect Bill to run between the tackles around 30 times to test out our D-line.

However, we have the best running back in the league in Nick Chubb.

I predict a close game, with the Browns victorious with a last second 55 yard field goal.

Patriots 27

Browns 30

Emma said she likes the way Cade York can split the uprights!

6F053846-383E-4935-9B4A-D1B05AD926CD.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Wake up you pancake eating mofos!

Bill Belichik and his Patriots will visit the sunny shores of Lake Erie this afternoon to take on the Browns!

The weather forecast is sunny and a balmy 63 degrees this afternoon, so it’s perfect football weather.

I expect Bill to run between the tackles around 30 times to test out our D-line.

However, we have the best running back in the league in Nick Chubb.

I predict a close game, with the Browns victorious with a last second 55 yard field goal.

Patriots 27

Browns 30

Emma said she likes the way Cade York can split the uprights!

6F053846-383E-4935-9B4A-D1B05AD926CD.jpeg

We have the best running back and best running scheme, but our playcaller doesn’t use it enough

Pats struggled at times on early downs against the DET zone running game.  Where NE stood tall was on the gap/down power and 3rd downs - a lot of man coverage looks the Lions failed to exploit.     Vice versa from the Lions who did pretty solid work limiting the Pats interior running game.  It hurt watching Alim McNeil be a force for them in the middle while the Browns still struggle.     

Difference was the Pats winning the turnover margin, extending drives here and there and finding a big more success throwing off ball action from early downs.  All things the Browns deploy.     

If Stef and co can continue to let us win the early downs with the run and ball action, we should be able to keep pace with a Pats offense suffering their own handicaps.  But it's the relative weakness' in the trenches comparison that concerns me.    Neither Barmore or Godchaux have been impressive in my limited watchings of them, which might upset Tex.  But they're not so terrible that they look like they belong on the practice squad either, and that is where the Brownies lose this matchup.

Taking Pats +3 and sitting 50/50 on the Over at 43.

I'll post my goofy opinion over here, too:

I might watch this game live. Only because I'm wearing a big grey boot - broken toe. dammit.

Obviously to all, buttichek knows that Chubb is awesome and he'll work on stopxx, I mean, limiting him to as few yards near 90-100 as possible.

I think this game comes down to Devin McCourty, Kyle Duggar, and Jabril Peppers - if they can frustrate Brissett and nab some interceptions etc, that could be the way they win.

For the pats, if mac jones and damien harris, rb, can't go - Zappe can flat out play, too -

and at rb, Rhomondre Stevenson (?) is a serious big bruiser.

In a game of chess, the Browns may end up playing checkers and buttichek may look "brilliant" again.

Should be pretty interesting.

How about that GUARDINDIANS WIN LAST NIGHT EH ????? WOW !

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, syd said:

GO BROWNIES

You better believe it......BABY !     Cleveland BROWNS  30  NE  16......yes, our beloved   BROWNS  by two touchdowns  today !

A great ground assault  which will also help the passing games.   Chubb 2 TDs running  and Hunt 1 TD receiving. 

Speaking about   TWO   today ...... Canton's pick :

6F053846-383E-4935-9B4A-D1B05AD926CD.thumb.jpeg.36290af37f062c4b833c9afd49e7199b.jpeg

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

There goes another INT by Briskett.

Maybe the BROWNS will get  TWO INTs   today ?

5 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

2.   -UU-

Or 38 DDs ?  

And I'll take that 3 over a 7 just  now.

• Haha 1

The Njoku - Dugger matchup isn't a net positive for CLE when we run David as a more 'traditional' Y.      But splitting him out wide and it gives a little more space for DN to work with and forces Kyle to give some ground up or risk being beaten over top when the Pats go single high.

I don't love it, but it is a nice wrinkle so far.

4 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Well, there ya go.....we'll probably lose by 3 pts AGAIN. Stefanski hasn't learned a thing.......TAKE THE 3 WHEN YOU HAVE IT!!

Eh that was a pretty easy decision to go for it. That’s a plays that is almost as automatic as it gets, just a bad break. You can say fuck the odds but that’s probably a 95% of success. 

7 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Well, there ya go.....we'll probably lose by 3 pts AGAIN. Stefanski hasn't learned a thing.......TAKE THE 3 WHEN YOU HAVE IT!!

He’s gotta win HIS way. He doesn’t let the game dictate his gameplan

24 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I'm not watching the game but it sounds like anal lick ticks was relied on once again to cover up for the decision maker's lack of a gut feeling and lack of how to play the smartest game when it's presented to you in real time.

"But Madden told me to go"....