THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈Official Game Day Thread NE Pats vs Your Cleveland Browns🏈🏈

Canton Dawg

5 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I am listening on Sirius and have to tell you this broadcast is horrible.

This asshole replacement is consistently not telling where the play ended. Sometimes not sharing the gain or loss until the next down. Often not telling if a pass was completed.

"Amari really stretched on that one. You know Amari did this a lot in college......"

Yeah, did he catch the ball, and if so, where?

1st and ten, Chubb gets stuffed for no gain, and this asshole says, "that'll bring up second and 2."

Where the fuck do they get assholes like this?

22 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

You've held a heavy interior running team to 10 points, several 3 and outs, an INT and it has taken a 1st level bust while sending a 6 man blitz in order for them to even generate a TD.   At this point I'm going to have to mute you.  You're just way too over the top every single play.  

They went right down the field for a Td. Spin that into its not our fault

23 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

it was the only well timed running play they had all day.. Pats don't look great on offense either 

Till that drive

That was out of halftime. That was reviewing plays and making adjustments. There’s no defending any of it anymore.

we’ve played mariota, Trubisky, Mayfied, Flacco, and a rookie 4th round pick. There’s just no excuse, we gotta aggressively shake it up. We’re seeing dudes who have played well just look like they’ve never seen the field before. This defense is not as bad as it looks.

• Upvote 2

Recapping before I take my leave from this thread.

- There were, are a LOT of fans who mentioned about Hunt moving "to the slot" in the off-season to replace Landry.    I'd hate to have to do a search, but many of you who are asking why Hunt is in at RB on obvious passing downs over Chubb should probably ask yourself - if you think Kareem is receiver material, why is this such a confusion for you?

- Many of you asked for Woods to "simplify" things.  We drafted corners to play more man.  You've gotten a lot more man coverage today.  With that comes the risks of being beaten in man, such as the Pats targeting a freshly activated Greedy on that last touchdown.   You bitch about zone coverage, you asked for man coverage...    this is what you have to live with.    

If you don't want Woods to stop being passive, you can't complain about being aggressive either.

- Browns have done an admirable job limiting the run outside of a couple gains, the draw by Rhomandre being the biggest.  The redzone run defense has been outstanding, but it's being done more by hustle than talent.  So it's going to eventually give way.

- The Browns offense is very similar to the DET offense, and the Patriots had some great success against the Lions last week.  Consider that like a version of taking on an upgraded scout team look. They've essentially had 2 weeks to prep for this game.  

Fans need to adjust their expectations accordingly.  I mentioned at the start of this thread, Pats  +3 because they have the superior trench play and patience.  That has literally been the difference in this game so far today.  

Been fun chatting with you all.

32 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Man coverage, he was following the X receiver inside.  All that receiver had to do was box him out and let the RB make his cut off of that while everybody else was screaming into their gap to get to the rookie QB.    Just a great design.

Let's be real, there is no way to make you happy.   The Browns don't send additional bodies and the rookie makes a decent throw - you call it horrible defense.   The Browns sack up and send heat on 3rd and long, NE dials up a draw that is something of a ballsy call.... but a great counter against a team who wants to fuck up a rookie QB.   Just happened to bust it at the weakside.  And you're also not happy. 

At some point, fans have to realize the other team has professional coaches nd professional athletes.   You can't shut every play down, get 20+ yards every play of your own, and win 100-0. 

Live in reality and start acting like it.  Thanks.  

Tia, I enjoy your understanding and passion for the Browns and for football.

I share your understanding that talent, passion, innovation and smarts are not talents given only to the Browns.

I always warn and advise, "ordinary people are capable of extraordinary things".

However, here is something for you to also consider. With the Brownsore often than not, it is the opposition's guys, and not ours doing the extraordinary things.

At some point our guys should be on top of some waves as opposed to always being on the bottom.

Guys here are frustrated because on the field we continually get outdone.

Something is not right w the Browns. Stefanski? Depo? I don't know but this team is in disarray.

• Upvote 2

The Browns offense is very similar to the DET offense, and the Patriots had some great success against the Lions last week.  Consider that like a version of taking on an upgraded scout team look. They've essentially had 2 weeks to prep for this game.  

Well if that’s the case, then the Browns should’ve prepared differently. They never do that though. 

They don’t do WHATEVER it takes to win. They do what they do, and hope it’s good enough

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Tia, I enjoy your understanding and passion for the Browns and for football.

I share your understanding that talent, passion, innovation and smarts are not talents given only to the Browns.

I always warn and advise, "ordinary people are capable of extraordinary things".

However, here is something for you to also consider. With the Brownsore often than not, it is the opposition's guys, and not ours doing the extraordinary things.

At some point our guys should be on top of some waves as opposed to always being on the bottom.

Guys here are frustrated because on the field we continually get outdone.

Something is not right w the Browns. Stefanski? Depo? I don't know but this team is in disarray.

People can spin it anyway they want. They can point out that the other team does this well or that well and not blame our team

But it’s almost ALWAYS our team that does the stupid things, or gets out played, out coached

When are we going to scheme a win, or game plan for the specific game we are playing and out coach someone?

It just never seems to happen

• Like 1

Just now, Korsou Dawg said:

JB throwing INTs should distract us from a 4th round rookie QB absolutely tearing our secondary a new one. Woods needs to go!

We can only hope that all this leads to MAJOR changes

• Thanks 1

This is sad.
Can’t wait for the apologists to say “Well, the other team did this or did that”

WAKE UP PEOPLE, OUR COACHING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

I wrote last week that we’d be outcoached. As a fan was still hoping to be proved wrong but oh well. 

EVERY WEEK