THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈Official Game Day Thread NE Pats vs Your Cleveland Browns🏈🏈

Canton Dawg

7 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

He’s gotta win HIS way. He doesn’t let the game dictate his gameplan

Trust me, I’ve complained in droves about his decision making on 4th down. But to be honest, that sneak is probably 3x as likely to be successful as a kick there. Not getting that is akin to missing a chip shot wide left. 

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Jesus...we make moon unit zappe look like Brady.  Horrible defense

Fun Fact: My mom went to high school with Frank Zappa (Antelope Valley HS). 

• Thanks 1

Just now, tiamat63 said:

That's a great call by NE.    

In before all the "wOoDs IsNt SeNdInG pReSSuRe"  

.... that's the downside.

What I can’t get over though is how little our back half maintains integrity. I’m almost positive Emerson went inside to face a NE guy who was already blocking another Brown. Keeping outside integrity there is literally football 101.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

That's a great call by NE.    

In before all the "wOoDs IsNt SeNdInG pReSSuRe"  

.... that's the downside.

Because they knew what the Browns would do. Out coached AGAIN

5 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

What I can’t get over though is how little our back half maintains integrity. I’m almost positive Emerson went inside to face a NE guy who was already blocking another Brown. Keeping outside integrity there is literally football 101.

Man coverage, he was following the X receiver inside.  All that receiver had to do was box him out and let the RB make his cut off of that while everybody else was screaming into their gap to get to the rookie QB.    Just a great design.

5 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Because they knew what the Browns would do. Out coached AGAIN

Let's be real, there is no way to make you happy.   The Browns don't send additional bodies and the rookie makes a decent throw - you call it horrible defense.   The Browns sack up and send heat on 3rd and long, NE dials up a draw that is something of a ballsy call.... but a great counter against a team who wants to fuck up a rookie QB.   Just happened to bust it at the weakside.  And you're also not happy. 

At some point, fans have to realize the other team has professional coaches and professional athletes.   You can't shut every play down, get 20+ yards every play of your own, and win 100-0. 

Live in reality and start acting like it.  Thanks.  

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Man coverage, he was following the X receiver inside.  All that receiver had to do was box him out and let the RB make his cut off of that while everybody else was screaming into their gap to get to the rookie QB.    Just a great design.

Let's be real, there is no way to make you happy.   The Browns don't send additional bodies and the rookie makes a decent throw - you call it horrible decent.   The Browns sack up and send heat on 3rd and long, NE dials up a draw that is something of a ballsy call.... but a great counter against a team who wants to fuck up a rookie QB.   Just happened to bust it at the weakside.  And you're also not happy. 

At some point, fans have to realize the other team has professional coaches and professional athletes.   You can't shut every play down, get 20+ yards every play of your own, and win 100-0. 

Live in reality and start acting like it.  Thanks.  

And at some point we have to realize out coach isn’t good enough

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Jesus Christ, man.  That's what you're giving me in return for taking the time to give you good conversation?   Ok, I think we're done here, my guy.

You praise the other team for having great design 

WHERE IS OUR GREAT DESIGN

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

You praise the other team for having great design

it was the only well timed running play they had all day.. Pats don't look great on offense either 

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

WHERE IS OUR GREAT DESIGN

You've held a heavy interior running team to 10 points, several 3 and outs, an INT and it has taken a 1st level bust while sending a 6 man blitz in order for them to even generate a TD.   At this point I'm going to have to mute you.  You're just way too over the top every single play.  

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

That last stretch of calls is on Stef.   Have to pick up that 3rd and 1, take your TO and extend the drive for more chances at the endzone.   That is on the coaching staff there. 

I think he had Hunt open over the middle, didn't see him. 

Just now, Bob806 said:

I think he had Hunt open over the middle, didn't see him. 

He's missed a few today.  Sort of seeing ghosts, but not as happy with his feet.   I mentioned the Pats would work to take the positive breaks away, and they've done that from time to time.    But Jacoby isn't reading it when it's there, he's taking for granted and throwing outside where he 'believes' they'll be more vulnerable. 

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

That last stretch of calls is on Stef.     That is on the coaching staff there. 

Totally.. clock showed a full minute when downed// 40 something? before bench called TO...