THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈Official Game Day Thread NE Pats vs Your Cleveland Browns🏈🏈

Canton Dawg

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Going for two and fail? Thanks for keeping it a two score game Kev.

Nah, I agree with going for 2 right then and there.  That way you know where you stand...and MAYBE can do something about it.  If you wait until the end of the game then it's too late if you don't convert...you can't do anything about it then.

• Upvote 2

The scary part is coach just keeps making the same mistakes over and over again . . . 

Big Kev still refusing to take the 3 points early in games, still running empty backfield sets and having Chubb chill on the sidelines for half the game, still pretending Brisket is Watson, terrible clock management at the end of halves and games, still hasn’t fired Joe woods. Stop doing the same shit and expecting different results . . . Maybe I’m the dummie who keeps driving to the stadium expecting to one day see more W’s than L’s

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Nah, I agree with going for 2 right then and there.  That way you know where you stand...and MAYBE can do something about it.  If you wait until the end of the game then it's too late if you don't convert...you can't do anything about it then.

That's fair, but I would've kicked it. I want to keep the momentum and the belief from my team as long as I can, and no amount of Madden Football anal lick ticks can account for human emotion. 

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

I had us 3-8 at Watson's debut, but with the upcoming schedule I may have been a bit too optimistic. 

Sorry but I ran out of.   agree options today    or you would have got one !

GO GUARDIANS  !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silver slayer said:

Totally shitty coaching,  through and through absolutely terrible coaching. 

Preparation terrible 

In game decisions terrible 

Personal decisions terrible 

Kevin needs to be GONE 

Sorry but I ran out of.   agree options today    or you would have got one !

GO GUARDIANS  !       We still love you BROWNS. 

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that one; but spot on!

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

24-34 309 yards 2 tds 118.4 

Did we play against Joe Montana today?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Why?!?!? said:

The scary part is coach just keeps making the same mistakes over and over again . . . 

Big Kev still refusing to take the 3 points early in games, still running empty backfield sets and having Chubb chill on the sidelines for half the game, still pretending Brisket is Watson, terrible clock management at the end of halves and games, still hasn’t fired Joe woods. Stop doing the same shit and expecting different results . . . Maybe I’m the dummie who keeps driving to the stadium expecting to one day see more W’s than L’s

Agree with most on Stef.. 

Stef needs to pass his play call card to Van Pelt.. but, who puts their HC'ing job on the line with someone else doing the only thing (he) thinks he knows?

Come to think of it 🤓

I've never seen him use a blue video tablet to coach anything.. 

btw, What's former HC/DC friend of Stef, Mike Zimmer doing? A swift kick in the as$ might be what this defense deserves..   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not even November and the game thread isn't even five full pages.

Good times.

At least there is completely unrelated to the topic idiotic "woke" comments, though, to really add flavor to what is a dumpster fire of a season. 

A lot of people have just stopped caring anymore 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Browns149 said:

I think most of us knew that the season was an uphill battle when Watson's suspension went from 6 games to 11, and once we went 2-3 through the easy part of the schedule their suspicions were confirmed. 

I missed two games completely (Carolina and Atlanta) and will miss another Browns game in November. I hung out with friends in Erie, PA Saturday and didn't get back home until 3 today (I did watch it when I got home) but there was no urgency for me to get home today by gametime. I probably would go a decade before I'd miss three Browns games, but honestly, I'm not losing sleep over it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think most of us knew that the season was an uphill battle when Watson's suspension went from 6 games to 11, and once we went 2-3 through the easy part of the schedule their suspicions were confirmed. 

I missed two games completely (Carolina and Atlanta) and will miss another Browns game in November. I hung out with friends in Erie, PA Saturday and didn't get back home until 3 today (I did watch it when I got home) but there was no urgency for me to get home today by gametime. I probably would go a decade before I'd miss three Browns games, but honestly, I'm not losing sleep over it. 

The way they have played defense all year, not sure Watson would make that much of a difference in the W-L record. Maybe 1 game

But the defense has given up the 2nd most points in the league

4 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

The way they have played defense all year, not sure Watson would make that much of a difference in the W-L record. Maybe 1 game

But the defense has given up the 2nd most points in the league

Absolutely. The Browns are scoring about 25 points a game with his backup.

The defense has been a complete disappointment

39 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I think a lot of people choose to vent on FB & Twitter. I showed my coworkers this forum over 15 years ago and they thought it was "ok" for "old guys" haha. 

I like it here way better,except for the silly political references.

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think most of us knew that the season was an uphill battle when Watson's suspension went from 6 games to 11

Yup.  I pretty much knew we had no shot at that point.

20 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I think a lot of people choose to vent on FB & Twitter. I showed my coworkers this forum over 15 years ago and they thought it was "ok" for "old guys" haha. 

I like it here way better,except for the silly political references.

Supposedly talking about politics on the Browns board is a no go, but that seems to depend on who is doing it. 

But message boards like these are pretty much dinosaurs. I bet the vast majority of posts on here are made by people who are 60 and older. I can't imagine this board being around by the start of the next decade. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Supposedly talking about politics on the Browns board is a no go, but it seems that it depends on who is doing it. 

There's a section here devoted to politics, that's where that shit should be written. 

I may be in the minority, but sports are supposed to be an escape from all that crap. I'm tired of the red/blue divide that is plaguing our nation (& occasionally here).

• Upvote 2

Ya know, of all of the angles they showed of the onside kick, I never saw one that showed AJ Green's right hand touch the ball.  In order to overturn a call, don't you need the video evidence?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

Ya know, of all of the angles they showed of the onside kick, I never saw one that showed AJ Green's right hand touch the ball.  In order to overturn a call, don't you need the video evidence?

One angle made me think he obviously touched the ball, but then the other it looks like his hands are everywhere around the ball except actually touching it! 

His reaction on the sideline makes me think he knows he did touch it, though. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Agree with most on Stef.. 

Stef needs to pass his play call card to Van Pelt.. but, who puts their HC'ing job on the line with someone else doing the only thing (he) thinks he knows?

Come to think of it 🤓

I've never seen him use a blue video tablet to coach anything.. 

btw, What's former HC/DC friend of Stef, Mike Zimmer doing? A swift kick in the as$ might be what this defense deserves..   

100% agree he needs to relinquish playcalling and focus on running this under performing mess. He also needs to fire his friend Woods now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Supposedly talking about politics on the Browns board is a no go, but that seems to depend on who is doing it. 

But message boards like these are pretty much dinosaurs. I bet the vast majority of posts on here are made by people who are 60 and older. I can't imagine this board being around by the start of the next decade. 

60 and over ?   Why because you have to go to work tomorrow morning  ?  :lol:   

Better remember to set your alarm junior.   

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

I didn't see it, but it's hilarious we almost did something good and once again screwed up. I almost died laughing when I heard we muffed the punt down 9. I mean, what is wrong with this team? And we have like NO big play ability. None. And can our defense or special teams ever score a TD? 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, we definitely knew it'd be very tough when the NFL totally screwed us with the Watson extension. Just think...originally we'd be getting him back next week. Can you imagine how much fun that'd be? But no. We get to watch our team and fans turn on each other while screaming for coaches to get fired. It's obnoxious and I hate it. 

God forbid our defense win us a game against a 3rd string qb. And why can't we ever hit a big play? I don't know if he would've caught it, but Schwartz was open deep a handful of times, one would have been a TD.