THE BROWNS BOARD

"The"  🏈    Official MNF Game Thread Browns vs Bengals Oct 31    🏈

Dutch Oven

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

BROWNS win + $1 billion lottery tonight.    Whoa.   

......edit add,   and the over covered by  0.5.  Lucky if you went that way. 

I already have the $1,00,000,000,000 dollar winner 

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Never bet overs a .5, unless you think it's going to be absolutely crushed.

Vegas makes a lot of money going .5 on overs/unders. 

If a push doesn't = a loss, my advice to anyone... just move the .5 and don't whine about the $.

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Just saw the numbers Power play was 13 multiplier was x3.  I have a few tickets to check.

And BROWNS  3-5 !

8 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Not gonna lie, I never saw this result coming. 

I thought we were going to lose by 14, to be brutally honest. 

The defense is waking up. 

And eight games into the "Jacoby Brissett Fill-In Experience" the Browns are averaging 25 points a game. I definitely never saw that happening.  

13 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I had CLE  33. CIN  30  and two crossed fingers.   And I'm generally a sucker for overs on prime time games, DNP today.

But I'd rather hit one of those tickets in my desk drawer.   :D

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I thought we were going to lose by 14, to be brutally honest. 

The defense is waking up. 

And eight games into the "Jacoby Brissett Fill-In Experience" the Browns are averaging 25 points a game. I definitely never saw that happening.  

I thought Burrow would light us up. Their oline sucks bad

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Amazing isn't it no matter how good your quarterback is if your OL sucks the QB will be running for his life......same for no good RBs to help him out.

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Amazing isn't it no matter how good your quarterback is if your OL sucks the QB will be running for his life......same for no good RBs to help him out.

But we have had good to great Oline and we still suck 

4 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

But we have had good to great Oline and we still suck 

Yes the potential is there,  the HC OC DC FO leave a lot to be desired. 

46 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

If you're interested,  I had the very first number and not much more.  No power play ball 13 multiplier x3.

13 19 36 39 59   PP 13   x3.    Good luck everyone.     ;)

Enjoy this one guys, we all earned it. Lord we needed a victory and we get it before a bye. It's a 3 game season now. We win 2 of next 3 and we're 5-6 with Watson back. Think about it. 😳

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

That sums it up.  We'd need the Bengals to beat themselves.

- I'm sitting outside...handing out candy...and I just nabbed the last bag of Skittles to my pocket.  :) 

Ya know what, I don't think I'll be able to truly be myself until I have a couple of these little Snickers here.  :)

...and honestly, is it really a Halloween without consuming a Reese's peanut butter cup?

I go inside for 20 seconds to get a drink, and some greedy bastards are grabbing handfuls of candy I didn't bring with me left on the porch.. I hope they're Bengals fans.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Just got my first little goblins and their older brother (18ish) was walking them around and stood behind them about 20 feet while staring at his phone as I gave them candy.

I told him he had the scariest costume of all, and he said "Huh?", so I told him he was a terrifying modern day Zombie just standing there like a statue with his phone in his face.

God I crack myself up.

I love handing out candy to the kids.. I still haven't forgotten how much fun it was... Best costume? A kid was dressed in a 6 foot tall t-rex outfit.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Easiest dollar i ever made. Bet the guy next to me he would miss

Um... The Browns need to work on their blocking protection on field goals. Sure, it's possible York has a low trajectory on his kicks. But that's TWO defenders got their hands on, and if you noticed, they came close to blocking that (looked like a miss) XP- that was partially blocked too.   

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Holy fuck that was not good.

That's the bad thing with that play - the RB or WR rarely ever gets to attempt a pass, and you know damn well they aren't going to waste the opportunity by throwing the ball out of bounds. 

Cooper may have been hit when he threw that pass.  If he had put 15 more yards of air under it- it was a walk in touchdown.  

5 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Amari Cooper is total shit. Not because of the interception but the cocksucker ALWAYS drops low passes. 

If the pass is mid shin or lower, this asshole will put it on the turf.

He is a downgrade from Jarvis Landry.

Bite me you spoke too soon.  :D  I'll have more to say about your Mild Garret later on when I catch up reading the posts. Maybe you missed that inside spin move I told you he had when he burrowed Burrow.  :D   

EDIT: Yeah Cooper has 131 yards on 5 receptions- he blows. Especially on the long bomb he pulled off the grass.  Mild Myles has a sack or two, deflects a pass that turns into an interception.. He sucks too.   

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Re: the 3rd and 6 run...

If you were pissed off about the Browns giving up a TD on a 3rd down HB draw to the Pats, but you're happy about what you just saw CLE do and think it's an "awesome call".... re-evaluate yourself.

If that's the play I'm thinking of- at least the Brisket decided to run this time instead of throwing a gift int to the end zone.  :)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

How the fuck did that fraud team get to the SB?

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I'd bring Joe Haden back to every home game ;)

My friend told me they way the Browns secondary had been playing of late, hell- suit Joe up, and get him back on the field.  :)  

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Yep, I was expecting the Bengals to blow out the Browns, or at best Cleveland to eke out a three point win.  Goes to show when you have your backs against the wall what desperation can do for a team.  

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

How the fuck did that fraud team get to the SB?

Remember my mantra nickers..."I'd rather be lucky than good."  I well remember the previous Bungle Super Bowl appearances- where everything went right for them. Opposing teams doinking field goal attempt off the uprights, and the Bengals doinking in...  Don't get me started on how much I detest their color guy, er- cheerleader Dave Lapham doing the expert analysis.  

That said, the Bengals are a completely different team when Burrow doesn't have his security blanket Jamar Chase on the field...  If they don't figure out how to fix their o-line, they're in serious trouble. 

You want a pretty amazing stat I noticed?  Despite Burrow trying to make up for his sieve o-line getting his passes off in less than 2.5 seconds, Joe only completed three passes of longer than 20 yards all night.  The Browns gave the rest of the league the blueprint on how to beat Cinci. Take away their bombs away passing and rush\blitz the hell out of Burrow.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

that's the play I'm thinking of- at least the Brisket decided to run this time instead of throwing a gift int to the end zone.  :) 

It's funny, when asked about that rushing score JB said that the pick against the Bolts was all he was thinking about and he wasn't doing it again. 

I'm still puzzled by the Bengals decision to pass pass pass the night away. 

Bad running teams have had monster games vs the Browns this season, yet Cincinnati seemed allergic to the run. In fact, when they did run, it seemed like they did it on the ends and off tackle. And a ton of check downs to the RBs in the passing game. You would think a team struggling to keep opposing defenses off their QB would want to establish the run, and lo and behold, the Browns defense is one you can do that against.

I hate to say it, but it looks like the Browns defense seems to have woken up. Kind of like how they needed a blowout last year vs the Pats to turn them around.