THE BROWNS BOARD

"The"  🏈  Official Browns at Texans Game Thread  •  WEEK 13 •  🏈

Dutch Oven

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I do expect Watson to be must improved next week ..... and he better be against tougher competition than Houston. 

Still the BROWNS have areas to improve in besides QB.

True, savor today's win

32 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

No doubt 

Down here in WV. They have no idea what good pizza is. All the local places here are thin, very little cheese and very little toppings 

I miss Angelo’s in Lakewood

The whole area along the river is garbage.  Both sides if the river.  The closest decent pizza is Bellaria in columbiana.  Even they are losing quality. 

I just rolled in from a ride and elected not to watch the game, but it's good to see Watson put up more points than Jacoby has been, helping to justify the record contract and silence the haters.

Too soon? 

12 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I just rolled in from a ride and elected not to watch the game, but it's good to see Watson put up more points than Jacoby has been, helping to justify the record contract and silence the haters.

Too soon? 

He put up 6. The defense scored twice and the special teams scored once

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

One letter makes a big difference lol.

Hey, these ugly games are games the Browns have lost in the past, soooo many times. 

Find a way to beat Cincy again.

They will beat Cinci. For fucks sake, Watson hasn't played in a year and he has to shake all this negative cuunnt bullshit out of his head.

I would be 100% fine with the Browns winning out in this ugly fashion.

Things are certainly.not going to get worse.

39 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

The whole area along the river is garbage.  Both sides if the river.  The closest decent pizza is Bellaria in columbiana.  Even they are losing quality. 

Bellaria in Cornersburg had a phenomenal sausage pizza back when I lived there last, pre 2000. My friend Vince Luchison's Dad made sausage in his basement and landed them as his first account. I have no clue if I was still eating that product on the pizza, but God knows I would give a ransom to have that pizza again.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hahahahahahahaha! 

That flew right over your head, didn't it buddy?

I guess it flew over your head. I knew what I was doing 

★ From the RedZone today ......

The BROWNS  27 points today is the most  points scored by a winning team without  scoring  an offensive touchdown since 1999.  

That 1999 just caught me like it probably caught most BROWNS fans as the year of the return to the NFL.   And it also  shows how hard what we saw today in Houston is to accomplish. 

SO if you want to   W-I-N   in this league you better learn how to  score TDs.     :o

15 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Looks very good…No original everything? 

We generally get two pizzas one for today and two for leftovers and/or mix them.  Wedgewood is so simple, pizzas, salad, wings and nothing much else except cold beer, wine, pop, bagged munchies 

1. Our usual a 12" House Special with added mushrooms and extra cheese  (my favorite).

2. Sometimes a 12" Philly Steak Pizza, this time a 12" Plain with Mozzarella cheese and added mushrooms and roasted red peppers.   Great to mix and match or a late night snack.   Pretty simple but always delicious. 

Not piling on Watson's HoF performance today, but I have an honest question.

I have only seen 3 or 4 of Watson's games before, so maybe it's just his face, but he looked disinterested / lackadaisical to me during the entire game today.... Just a lack of perceived fire and he couldn't care less I suppose.

Just me and it's how he's always played?  

23 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Not piling on Watson's HoF performance today, but I have an honest question.

I have only seen 3 or 4 of Watson's games before, so maybe it's just his face, but he looked disinterested / lackadaisical to me during the entire game today.... Just a lack of perceived fire and he couldn't care less I suppose.

Just me and it's how he's always played?  

His last full season (IIRC)  was 4832 / 33 / 7 great numbers.  And pretty good numbers leading up to that year.  I guess, not being a close follower of DW, that the breaking point way when he wanted to get out of HOU.

You might think that with Cleveland's established OL and RBs he would be able to fit in here nicely.  Now I think that his contract was EXCESSIVE to say the least..... that's what I know about the deal. NOW the legal crap, OMG.

I am assuming his play will get better with more live fire reps, but it's his body language and facial expressions that have me concerned.

Again, maybe it's just who he is and how he has always looked on the field, but my memory says that he had fire and a body language that showed it.... Hopefully I'm just reading way too much into it.

His video while leaving the field showed some emotion, albeit woefully tone deaf. 

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

PUT IN DOBBS

Sadly, toooo late....  We have a varied fanbase at our games.... Dobbs is as good as gone after being released... Per our LIONS fan today he interviewed with Detroit, with both their backups injured, expect him to get that gig there....   

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Whatever the Texans do today, they will help and hurt their first round draft position at the same time. 

they can't get much worse... Easily in the pole position for the #1 overall pick... Right now the pick they got from the Browns is in the #15 range....   

6 hours ago, bbedward said:

This coaching staff is one of the most brain dead groups we’ve had since 99’

Glad to see you back BW....  

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

YES.  After 121 games a PR TD and better yet my guess is well close.    7-5.

Do we need to go back to the days of Josh Cribbs for one?   

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Second half plans   Wedgwood Pizza on its way here !   Ummmmmm. 

Oh the game will our BROWNS ever wake up ?  How about a few quick TDs here ?

It might be a chain, but Jets sicilian is pretty decent.... 

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I was there once. It was damn hot. We didn’t even finish 18 holes. We quit after 9. Damn hot

Hot??  My pal got married in Saint Louis many years ago in July... Guys golf outing and it was around 95 degrees... We see a golf cart coming up the 16th fairway, and the guy says..  "Are you guys interested in buying a beer?  Like how many you have there?   

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I am assuming his play will get better with more live fire reps, but it's his body language and facial expressions that have me concerned.

Again, maybe it's just who he is and how he has always looked on the field, but my memory says that he had fire and a body language that showed it.... Hopefully I'm just reading way too much into it.

His video while leaving the field showed some emotion, albeit woefully tone deaf. 

If I had a $230 million dollar guaranteed contract, I wouldn’t give a shit if my team won or lost.

I think that’s the issue with a guaranteed contract, if offers no motivation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

If I had a $230 million dollar guaranteed contract, I wouldn’t give a shit if my team won or lost.

"Give me 53 players on the final year of their contract, and I'll give you a Super Bowl trophy."  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Bingo!... I didn't expect Joe Montana out there today... But he looked mighty pedestrian.. Lot of passes went into the dirt... There better be marked improvement next week... Cincy ain't no joke... They're not the texans

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nickers said:

Bingo!... I didn't expect Joe Montana out there today... But he looked mighty pedestrian.. Lot of passes went into the dirt... There better be marked improvement next week... Cincy ain't no joke... They're not the texans

Hold on.... are you implying that the Cincinnati Bengals - the defending AFC Champions - are on a higher level than the Houston Texans - a team in full tank mode? 

~ AND ~   In our nobody bothered mode.  🏉   of SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL    🏉    IND (+11)  at  DAL,  here goes.

In our little TBB Pickem this Sunday Night  it's    DAL 12   IND 7   and NO Picks 4.

DAL 21-13  in the 3rd with 6 minutes to go. 

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

I have only seen 3 or 4 of Watson's games before, so maybe it's just his face, but he looked disinterested

That same thing was said the last time we played him...while he was the Texans QB.  I'm guessing, that's his natural look???

We had a QB duel today.  Watson QB rating 53.4.  Allen's 53.5.   - If I were QB coach I'd tell Watson that he's gotta throw it so it doesn't bounce it's way to the receiver.  And then I teach him how to slide and not take on defenders.  He's the QB.  He has special rules designed to protect him.  Slide!  Do not take hits!

• Thanks 1

And in another interesting tidbit of   ▪︎ Lucky Week 13  ▪︎  all 4 AFCN teams won.  A big mulligan or maybe do over going into  Week 14.   This season is moving right along.

Every game naturally is very important for us.

This goes in the books as a Browns win.  But actually it was more like a Texans loss.  They did almost everything they could to lose the game...and ultimately they did lose.  But our offense was awful.  If it wasn't for Houston constantly losing the game to us, we would've lost.

• Upvote 1