THE BROWNS BOARD

" The "   🏈     Official Browns vs Saints Game Thread - ★ Week 16 ★  🏈

Dutch Oven

Just now, syd said:

he could change his mind with some guaranteed money

Its been known to happen! 🤣

I just can't see a guy like Payton coming here if he has a chance to stay in LA and coach the Chargers. Actually, I can't see any head coaching candidate with his pedigree coming to this franchise, honestly. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I just can't see a guy like Payton coming here if he has a chance to stay in LA and coach the Chargers. Actually, I can't see any head coaching candidate with his pedigree coming to this franchise, honestly. 

Payton will be in Dallas (unless they win the SB). 

Haslam wants to win, but "his guys" have to report to him & DePodesta.

Guess what...the moneyball BS ain't working Jimmy. DePodesta ordered tanking (I think) and we got all those picks. That strategy, implemented by the "chief strategy officer" worked initially to 7-8-1 in 2018. 

Just hovering around .500 since, with the same pre-snap formation penalties, same shitty rush defense, same shitty special teams. 

What has DePodesta offered? Is he handcuffing Berry?

41 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's going to happen, Browns149.

It will happen about this time, next year, though. 

I hope it happens tomorrow 

That would be soooo Jimma, to fire everyone on Christmas 

• Haha 1

I only saw last 2 minutes of the game. I absolutely detest bad weather games. So instead of watching the absurd game, I went to see Avatar 2 in the Dolby theater. It was the most visually spectacular film I've ever seen. I'm serious, if you're a movie fan, you must see it in Dolby. It was that stunning.

Anyway, back to the game. Like I said, I only saw last 2 minutes. Well, in that time, I saw us drop 2 touchdown passes. Obviously those frozen footballs are beyond difficult to haul in, but you have to make the plays. It's funny, that drive is sort of a microcosm of our season. 

I know it's a hotly debated subject, but they REALLY need a dome with a retractable roof. I'm guessing this game was a crap show to watch. Who wants that?! 

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not if the have to listen ti Depo tell them to go for it on forth down, or draft safeties to play LB

43 minutes ago, Neo said:

Three dropped TD passes for Watson today but the haters will be out and there will be some totally original massage jokes.🙄 I'm excited for the future if we can get someone who can actually call plays.

And draft players that can tackle

6 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Guess what...the moneyball BS ain't working Jimmy. DePodesta ordered tanking (I think) and we got all those picks. That strategy, implemented by the "chief strategy officer" worked initially to 7-8-1 in 2018. 

Just hovering around .500 since, with the same pre-snap formation penalties, same shitty rush defense, same shitty special teams. 

He didn’t win in baseball either.  Not sure why he has so much say so over ANYTHING 

9 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I know it's a hotly debated subject, but they REALLY need a dome with a retractable roof. I'm guessing this game was a crap show to watch. Who wants that?! 

I can't imagine the Haslams, and the upper muckety mucks who run the NFL, don't have their collective assholes pucker up looking at all those empty seats and calculating how much money they lost. All the parking, the merchandise, food, beer and the like lost when people don't show up. 

The roads were probably ok this morning. I bet thousands upon thousands of people would have shown up today if the only weather they had to deal with was walking to and from the stadium.

And this is from a guy who absolutely loves bad weather football games. Snow? Mud? The more, the merrier for ol' Dutch. 

3 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

He didn’t win in baseball either.  Not sure why he has so much say so over ANYTHING 

Right. 

Baseball, you get to the playoffs and you have a chance in a 3, 5 or 7 game series with pitching.

Football, you need to control 4 quarters in every game. He might know that, but he doesn't know how to get there, pretyy obvious by now.

1 minute ago, Bob806 said:

Right. 

Baseball, you get to the playoffs and you have a chance in a 3, 5 or 7 game series with pitching.

Football, you need to control 4 quarters in every game. He might know that, but he doesn't know how to get there, pretyy obvious by now.

The whole analytical thing isn’t working. They keep saying the Browns are the most analytics driven team in the NFL. AND WE KEEP LOSING

Time to go back to football 101. 

And who ever came up with the plan of playing lbs that are the size of safeties should be fired YESTERDAY. Same with the person who decided interior DL isn’t important 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

The whole analytical thing isn’t working. They keep saying the Browns are the most analytics driven team in the NFL. AND WE KEEP LOSING

Time to go back to football 101. 

And who ever came up with the plan of playing lbs that are the size of safeties should be fired YESTERDAY. Same with the person who decided interior DL isn’t important 

Yep, it's the chicken & the egg theory. 

The successful D has a beefy interior usually. The Browns ignored that by choice.

The lighter, faster LBs are all on IR because they got run over. Broms secondary continues to be the leader i team tackles.... a tradition for 30 years ugh.

11 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I saw us drop 2 touchdown passes.

Actually three. I know Cooper slipped but he had his hands on it and game changing players make those plays. DPJ and Njoku both dropped perfectly thrown passes considering the conditions. I'm also not dogging on Cooper for the same reason, just saying.

While Watson did have some moments today, can we just appreciate what the hell he has done since missing all that time. I seen him make grown man passes today in the bitter cold, passes I don't think Mayfield or Brissett could make. Not bad for someone who played in a dome. You can see he clearly loves the game of football.

• Upvote 2

well, watson is a sissy. Ran out of bounds with a defender a yard and a half away. Threw well out of bounds here and there, threw into coverage, missed a few wide open wr's, and overthrew nearly? every longer throw, which, was a major weakness of his in college.

Nice accuracy on the dump-off passes, especially the ones for zero gain.

Yes, there were a few drops - it was cold. I'll bet by now watson realizes the browns don't have a domed stadium.....

230 million guaranteed. 3 FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS.

The rest of the team deserves far better. Baker would have won that game.

Meanwhile - Greg Joseph, kicker for the Vikigns, kicked a 61 yard field goal for the Vikings' win, with two seconds left.

Yes, he used to be with the Browns.

both defenses had some trouble - it has to be tough reacting to what the offense does, with a slick iced up field.

When Baker got sacked - it was "can't get through his progressions fast enought".

watson had all day and the next to throw a few times. sacked.

230 million. wow.

Merry Christmas to everyone anyways !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I don't want to stir shit up but it has been my opinion that Haslam is an imbecile and only hires who The NFL execs send to him. It is not his lack of football experience that sucks, it is his overall lack of any detectable value set that he sees are a foundation.

I personally believe DePodesta is the head coach and GM. 

The reason ShitMyPantski is not a good coach is because he does not have the balls or desire to right this team.

He is taking a free ride. When he is released or moves on he can easily.say his hands were tied and be believed. His refusal to make waves makes him the perfect candidate for other effeminate owners whose egos cannot withstand a challenge.

The Browns are Haslam's personal toy and he not going to let pressure to win make him do something of an individual choice.

This team was fucked with Lerner, and this cocksucker Haslam is no different

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I don't want to stir shit up but it has been my opinion that Haslam is an imbecile and only hires who The NFL execs send to him. It is not his lack of football experience that sucks, it is his overall lack of any detectable value set that he sees are a foundation.

I personally believe DePodesta is the head coach and GM. 

The reason ShitMyPantski is not a good coach is because he does not have the balls or desire to right this team.

He is taking a free ride. When he is released or moves on he can easily.say his hands were tied and be believed. His refusal to make waves makes him the perfect candidate for other effeminate owners whose egos cannot withstand a challenge.

The Browns are Haslam's personal toy and he not going to let pressure to win make him do something of an individual choice.

This team was fucked with Lerner, and this cocksucker Haslam is no different

Kind of talking in circles there. I agree on some of your takes.

Stefanski has flaws but his offense was generally fine with #7, averaging 24 points/g. His 4th down gambles have been maddening.

Today, I lost faith in Stefanski. Played " not to lose."

If I'm Haslam I can DePodesta after the Steelers game & let Berry make all the decisions. No need for a "chief strategy officer" as long as the coach & GM can work together.

Too many Chiefs & not enough Indians.

Parcels, Walsh, Gibbs, Noll, Shula. Belichick...I don't think they had a middle man between the owner & GM like the Browns have now.

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

they REALLY need a dome with a retractable roof. I'm guessing this game was a crap show to watch. Who wants that?! 

Yup.  The weather wasn't conducive to playing football.  And a lot of people were smart enough not to venture into that environment.

• Like 1

Well how about this there's   NO  NBC  Sunday Night Football  tonight.   Instead .....

8 - 11 pm on NBC  -  ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE   

How about that,  I always watch it once a year, why not tonight ?     I've seen enough football today, how many of you are going to watch  IAWL  tonight with me ?

Good evening everyone.    :D   

...... edit add,  and for you sick football junkies on  NFLN. there's  :   

@Pittsburgh   vs   Las Vegas 2.5 2.5 3.0 3.0 Sat 12/24 08:15 PM
Edited by mjp28

On a day when weather made passing almost impossible, here's what Kevin Stefanski's called in the 2nd half (tied 10-10):

- 22 Passes
- 15 Runs
- Chubb only touched the ball 10 times

And people want to keep this fool

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

That's because it's Saturday......  Yes we know.

The SNF game normally follows the regular games which happens to be on Saturday this week.   

And I did mention that the NFLN  game WAS  on tonight.    Easy enough  ?  

.....  oh BTW  if you want SNF,   Sunday Night: Tampa Bay @ Arizona (NBC)  

But no IAWF on Sunday.    ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The SNF game normally follows the regular games which happens to be on Saturday this week.   

And I did mention that the NFLN  game WAS  on tonight.    Easy enough  ?  

.....  oh BTW  if you want SNF,   Sunday Night: Tampa Bay @ Arizona (NBC)  

But no IAWF on Sunday.    ;)

I hope T Bay loses, then three 6-9 teams will be tied for 1st lol. That's insane....almost as insane as DePodesta still being employed.

WTF Haslam, it's clearly not working. Can his a$$ & let Berry dig out of this by himself.

38 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I hope T Bay loses, then three 6-9 teams will be tied for 1st lol. That's insane....almost as insane as DePodesta still being employed.

WTF Haslam, it's clearly not working. Can his a$$ & let Berry dig out of this by himself.

I fully expect the entire front office and coaching staff to return next year intact.

I also expect that their days will be numbered come this time, next year, and that we will be arguing over who should be the new head coach. 

• Sad 1