THE BROWNS BOARD

" The "   🏈     Official Browns vs Saints Game Thread - ★ Week 16 ★  🏈

Dutch Oven

17 hours ago, Browns149 said:

The whole analytical thing isn’t working. They keep saying the Browns are the most analytics driven team in the NFL. AND WE KEEP LOSING

Time to go back to football 101. 

And who ever came up with the plan of playing lbs that are the size of safeties should be fired YESTERDAY. Same with the person who decided interior DL isn’t important 

Because of the type of IDL/DTs this FO prefers - the LBers on the field were 3rd on the depth chart (or they became recent additions within the last 2 months).  The FO wisdom that DTs aren't worth prioritizing at all is 1 gigantic reason the Browns won't be making the playoffs once again.  You put that plan in front of an RPO offense like the Saints (when Hill comes in at QB) and it's a forfeit.  The Browns defense was temporarily looking good until the Saints decided to start putting Hill in.  

The chosen personnel failed us big time.  When you have the worst owner in football - he'll continue to blame the wrong guy.  People will get fired; and their replacements will also get sentenced to "Body by Depodesta and Berry."

On the offensive side of the ball - they're overpaying the crap out of Kareem Hunt and David Njoku. Hunt isn't the same guy he was the 1st year or 2 here at all.  The quickness is gone as well as the yardage after contact.  On top of that, the WRs didn't look very focused or inspired throughout the game.  

Oh well, 2 more weeks of preseason football left...

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I fully expect the entire front office and coaching staff to return next year intact.

That's fine IF they address their flaws/look in the mirror.

If they're so smart they'll revisit philosophy/game plans, adjust and turn it around.

If they remain stubborn,well they chop their own heads off.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Look what Santa left for me!

It's been another disappointing Browns season, but at least we have Nick Chubb. 

1946 browns jersey.jpeg

Definitely a keeper !  #24 the best since the original BROWNS  #32, the best  of all time.   

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Definitely a keeper !  #24 the best since the original BROWNS  #32, the best  of all time.   

Growing up, Earnest Byner was my favorite player.

I feel like Nick Chubb is ALL OF OUR favorite player. I also have the home brown Chubb jersey too. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

That's fine IF they address their flaws/look in the mirror.

If they're so smart they'll revisit philosophy/game plans, adjust and turn it around.

If they remain stubborn,well they chop their own heads off.

If they go into training camp with a new DC and special teams coach, and a significant overhaul on the DLine, I might feel a little more optimistic that they were able to assess their weaknesses. 

As of today, I believe the latter. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Kind of talking in circles there. I agree on some of your takes.

Stefanski has flaws but his offense was generally fine with #7, averaging 24 points/g. His 4th down gambles have been maddening.

Today, I lost faith in Stefanski. Played " not to lose."

If I'm Haslam I can DePodesta after the Steelers game & let Berry make all the decisions. No need for a "chief strategy officer" as long as the coach & GM can work together.

Too many Chiefs & not enough Indians.

Parcels, Walsh, Gibbs, Noll, Shula. Belichick...I don't think they had a middle man between the owner & GM like the Browns have now.

AGREED

• Upvote 1