THE BROWNS BOARD

"The" 🏈 Official Browns at Commanders Game Thread Week 17. 🏈 

Dutch Oven

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

God, Wentz just plays stupid. 

With permanent screws in his throwing hand .... not too great ?

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

When the performed the knee surgery, did they accidentally give him a lobotomy?

🤣 Who knows?  But it's looking like Delpit is his favorite Receiver. I hope they don't tell him he plays for the Browns until after the game.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Good lol. 

He had a couple good years, fell off the planet after the knee injury.

Yes I remember him well in the D-1AA games, he was great .... there.  Did OK then what ?

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Yes I remember him well in the D-1AA games, he was great .... there.  Did OK then what ?

He was rolling in Philly, got hurt & Foles won the SB. Nearly won MVP I think. He's never been the same since. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Washington down two touchdowns, 2:40 left, no timeouts.

Surely nothing could go wrong for our Browns. 

Cue up "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees lol

• Haha 1

24-10 with  two minutes ......  dare i say it ?  Nah we might have found a quarterback  (at a price).

GO BROWNS  !

Shakey first half,  much improved second half  I can live with that.   Now on to Pittsburgh for WIN #8.

OH what might have been.   Watson QBR 122.5 ?

GO BROWNS 2023 !

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Washington down two touchdowns, 2:40 left, no timeouts.

Surely nothing could go wrong for our Browns. 

You know what's scary?  I was afraid to even respond to this. 

Now that we can exhale.  Deshaun stealthed in 3 TD passes for us today.  

• Like 1

I would still like to see what that playbook looks like in terms of all the receiving routes in that passing tree.  I think someone accidently mixed in some poison oak or sumac in that thing.  You know how you see some vertical games where they clear out an area and throw to a wide open guy in that area everyone on the secondary wondering how he got there? We've been stung enough by that over the years enough to want to see our passing game do that to other teams. I remember when Ray Horton was our DC I can't even tell you how many times I found my self saying "Man, we just got ghost towned again. No wonder why Horton Hears a Boo!"  There's things in offenses that set up things up to follow.  I don't get the impression the design of this offense wants to do any of that; but I can be wrong here.  Again, I'll take 3 TD passes and I'm very happy we were treated to those.  It just all seems so hard to get a day like this out of our passing game; but I appreciated the 2nd half effort, patience and perseverance from Watson and the Receivers today!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I would still like to see what that playbook looks like in terms of all the receiving routes in that passing tree.  I think someone accidently mixed in some poison oak or sumac in that thing.  You know how you see some vertical games where they clear out an area and throw to a wide open guy in that area everyone on the secondary wondering how he got there? We've been stung enough by that over the years enough to want to see our passing game do that to other teams. I remember when Ray Horton was our DC I can't even tell you how many times I found my self saying "Man, we just got ghost towned again. No wonder why Horton Hears a Boo!"  There's things in offenses that set up things up to follow.  I don't get the impression the design of this offense wants to do any of that; but I can be wrong here.  Again, I'll take 3 TD passes and I'm very happy we were treated to those.  It just all seems so hard to get a day like this out of our passing game; but I appreciated the 2nd half effort, patience and perseverance from Watson and the Receivers today!

The passing game in the first half just looked so disjointed in every aspect. The OLine couldn't block, Watson looked ansy because of it, the receivers seemed to just be running half-assed routes.... it was weird. 

Glad to see they rebounded nicely in the second half. 

• Upvote 1