THE BROWNS BOARD

"The" 🏈 Official Browns at Commanders Game Thread Week 17. 🏈 

Dutch Oven

55 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The passing game in the first half just looked so disjointed in every aspect.

...and they just stayed with it.  As if they were going to develop a passing attack before this season runs out come hell or high water. 

Watson had a 122 passer rating but only completed 50% of his passes.  I HATE THE WAY WATSON HANDLES THE BALL WHEN IN TRAFFIC.  He's a fumble waiting to happen.  Someone has to coach him up on that!

A tough 104 yards for Chubb.

A good game for Cooper.  

Njoku mixed in a catch with another drop or two.

Nice game by Garrett.  8 combined tackles.  2nd only to Fields.  

Good game again by Delpit.

We coulda' been called for PI on the late end zone int by Delpit.

I don't like taking points off the board.  We still needed 4 yards.  And the way we were playing to that point, Did anyone have any confidence that we were going to be successful?  I know that I didn't.  

I noticed, during the 2nd half, that Watson is better when the OL gives him some time to throw.  There have been individual breakdowns over the past weeks.  And more today.  

Feels good to get a win.  (Wentz is a bum)

13 minutes ago, Orion said:

Good game again by Delpit

I'm so happy for Grant Delpit, they said his name all day today. After it looked like he was a bust and tore his Achilles, it's good to see him finally come on. Watson continues to improve and show how explosive the offense could be with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Only watched the first quarter and didn’t track the score so I was pleasantly surprised to see Browns won with such a commanding lead. Appears that Watson’s continued improvement has continued and the defense popped up again like whack a mole. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

...and they just stayed with it.  As if they were going to develop a passing attack before this season runs out come hell or high water. 

Watson had a 122 passer rating but only completed 50% of his passes.  I HATE THE WAY WATSON HANDLES THE BALL WHEN IN TRAFFIC.  He's a fumble waiting to happen.  Someone has to coach him up on that!

A tough 104 yards for Chubb.

A good game for Cooper.  

Njoku mixed in a catch with another drop or two.

Nice game by Garrett.  8 combined tackles.  2nd only to Fields.  

Good game again by Delpit.

We coulda' been called for PI on the late end zone int by Delpit.

I don't like taking points off the board.  We still needed 4 yards.  And the way we were playing to that point, Did anyone have any confidence that we were going to be successful?  I know that I didn't.  

I noticed, during the 2nd half, that Watson is better when the OL gives him some time to throw.  There have been individual breakdowns over the past weeks.  And more today.  

Feels good to get a win.  (Wentz is a bum)

A nice day for us. Don't call Wentz a bum. He is a good kid. The NFL is a long, hard, road. He traveled the road and is giving it his best. I wish that for all of us.

Doing it....that's what matters.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Dominating performance by Watson, Chubb, and Cooper. Washington tried to keep us off the field running Brian Robinson all day (good job D keeping him contained) and the offense was efficient when they had the ball. 

Hats off to Watson and the D for beating a hard-nosed Washington team. 

Thank Riverboat Ron for starting Wentz.. The kid just blows!

46 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Don't call Wentz a bum. He is a good kid.

:)  you're just as apt to say, Fuck anyone who's not a Brown.

Ya know, I chastised DePodesta back when he said that they traded out of the #2 spot in the draft because they didn't view either Wentz nor Goff as top 10 quarterbacks.  Goff is the better of the two.  And good kid or not, as a baseball fan would say, Wentz is a bum.  (fans can be as cold as deep space)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

A nice day for us. Don't call Wentz a bum. He is a good kid. The NFL is a long, hard, road. He traveled the road and is giving it his best. I wish that for all of us.

Doing it....that's what matters.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Orion said:

One thing that I wasn't a fan of was Watson's high-stepping towards the end of his long run.  I'd like Chubb to have a little talk with him.

In the No Fun League that now has players penalized for doing a friggin griddy after scoring a touchdown, I do not mind a little showboating at all. As long as you deliver the goods, is the only caveat. 

19 hours ago, Neo said:

I'm so happy for Grant Delpit, they said his name all day today. After it looked like he was a bust and tore his Achilles, it's good to see him finally come on. Watson continues to improve and show how explosive the offense could be with him. 

He’s playing centerfield better that’s for sure. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

I do not mind a little showboating at all. As long as you deliver the goods, is the only caveat. 

Understood, but not in between the sidelines, in between the goal lines, in between the whistles.  Other than that I guess a coach can't mandate anymore.

6 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

However, maybe he deserves some slack?

Nope.  By this evening a coach should be showing him the cutups of his loaf of bread carrying.  At one point he was bracing the ball against the opponent.  This is what this Pre-PreSeason is all about.  Do.  Review.  Learn From.  Improve.  You don't get so many reps, and thus things to improve upon, during the 'new normal' preseasons anymore.  These, meaningless to us, live regular season games are valuable evaluation / teaching aids.  Especially regarding Watson as he's the new franchise QB / Most important part of the team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

However, maybe he deserves some slack? He hasn't had a lot of things to celebrate lately, apart from the 230 reasons Hasfuck gave him.

LOL@HasFuck!... LOVE IT!

Credit to Delpit for being heads up on the INT's.   Not to take anything away from him though, we need to make sure to keep them in proper perspective and not get too far ahead, OR too far behind on our praise.  

- The first one was an especially questionable decision and then a low quality throw from Wentz.  

- The second INT was a questionable decision and throw, but Delpit had a much more difficult time on the ball track and ended up snagging it over his shoulder.  So it was a good athletic play to find the ball in the air and come down with it.  He showed good discipline building, what looks like, quarters integrity after his #2 went under and the #3 stayed shallow.  

One of the biggest knocks on Grant has him being too aggressive planting and getting caught going downhill.  So this was something rather nice to see.  

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Credit to Delpit for being heads up on the INT's.   Not to take anything away from him though, we need to make sure to keep them in proper perspective

Yup.  Neither pass should've been thrown.  But he caught 'em.  And he made a lot of tackles too.

1 minute ago, syd said:

as i said a few month's ago do not give up on draft picks to soon

We do sometimes.....but the drafters usually don't.  Look at Felton.  He's still on the team...although he usually doesn't get to dress for the games.