THE BROWNS BOARD

🏉   • The Official Wild Card Weekend Games Thread  •  WEEK 19.  🏉

Dutch Oven

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

GAME 1 RESULTS   -   SF  13    SEA  6    and NO picks 4.      Not too bad.

~  AND  ~   GAME 2  ~   JAX 8   LAC  11 (W)     Eh,  not even  50/50.      :huh:

GAME 3  -  BUF 19 (L)     MIA  (0)  ......  That's right   0 - 19 - 5. good pick  'en  guys.   ZERO  CORRECT.     :lol: 

GAME 4. -  17  MIN.    2  NYG    and  4   NO picks.  Well so far it's  NYG  17   MIN  14.  3rd qtr      GOOD LUCK, we'll probably need it !

★  Well. WC   ~  GAME 5  ~   we picked  CIN  19   BAL  0  with 4 NO picks again,   that's right  19 to   *ZERO*   again.     Good luck guys,  favorites are due.

Har -balls is in a mood 💩.. Count yourself as lucky.. I would've called a play to find Peters & send 3 men at him 😇

Bengals 9-0... oh! those missed X-points

28 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Har -balls is in a mood 💩.. Count yourself as lucky.. I would've called a play to find Peters & send 3 men at him 😇

Bengals 9-0... oh! those missed X-points

You sure don't want to miss an EP in the playoffs  because you might have many months to wonder  WHAT IF on the miss.  :-0. 

CIN 9-7 what a barn burner.

Ravens playing disrespected angry .. took mojo & the 10-9 lead at half    

Jonah Williams... not much left to replace him.. and he's not all that good to be starting at LT either

Wow.

So the Ravens were on the verge of going up a touchdown, but as their QB Huntley tried to put the ball over the goalline it was knocked out of his hands and returned the other way for a Bengals touchdown!

Cincinnati 24-17

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

★  Well. WC   ~  GAME 5  ~   we picked  CIN  19   BAL  0  with 4 NO picks again,   that's right  19 to   *ZERO*   again.     Good luck guys,  favorites are due.

CIN  24   BAL (+7.0)  17  for a big  "kiss your sister tie, a big push" ...... how about that.   

Good evening everyone,   on to Monday Night Football.        ;)

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

we could get fined for not titling as Super Wild Card Weekend... 🤫

my hardest pick was not taking the Giants over the Vikes..Welcome to .500 on picks 

Love the new flow of the Giants offense. Take some notes Stef..

Daboll seems to know why QBs like Daniel Jones and Josh Allen are first round draft picks.  When in charge of both those guys, he lets/let them use their strengths (which includes the running ability working in tandem with good vision and passing).  If the Browns brought DeShaun Watson here thinking they can rewire him to be a cement shoe'd Bernie Kosar beating teams/blitzes with quick reads, ideal decisions and precision only - they're in deep shit.  Kosar also had my favorite OC Lindy Infante who had the perfect offensive design for the personnel we had.  He knew they were gonna be blitzing Bernie frequently; and look how equipped Kosar always was for it.  Infante's spread offense at the time used to constantly get RBs/receivers to the hook zones and flats vacated by blitzing LBers.  

It'll be interesting to see what they can come up with for Watson.  I think Stefanski did a nice job with Brissett even if his play-calling left a lot to be desired at times.  If we have the right people in charge - the playbook will match the personnel and the play-calling will make sense most of the time.  

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It'll be interesting to see what they can come up with for Watson.  I think Stefanski did a nice job with Brissett even if his play-calling left a lot to be desired at times.  If we have the right people in charge - the playbook will match the personnel and the play-calling will make sense most of the time.  

I loved Infante's coaching kids to become pro's.. It's missed here Hugely

We have a 2 fold problem..

1) Watson can extend plays.. All 22 showed looks of our WR's were not aware of this.. 👀

2) Joe Thomas would have fits telling Watson.. "I can block, but I don't know where your going to be back there"  :)

edit-- That G-men Statue of Liberty call was a perfectly timed play call. I could view perfect timing & execution in any quarter.. Danny Dimes nailed selling it.. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Daboll seems to know why QBs like Daniel Jones and Josh Allen are first round draft picks.  When in charge of both those guys, he lets/let them use their strengths (which includes the running ability working in tandem with good vision and passing).  If the Browns brought DeShaun Watson here thinking they can rewire him to be a cement shoe'd Bernie Kosar beating teams/blitzes with quick reads, ideal decisions and precision only - they're in deep shit.  Kosar also had my favorite OC Lindy Infante who had the perfect offensive design for the personnel we had.  He knew they were gonna be blitzing Bernie frequently; and look how equipped Kosar always was for it.  Infante's spread offense at the time used to constantly get RBs/receivers to the hook zones and flats vacated by blitzing LBers.  

Who knows what the Browns were thinking these last 6 DW games. Maybe analyzing DW's strengths/weaknesses with this offensive system? They did seem to want him in the pocket a lot.

I want to be optimistic but it's hard. These 5 games this weekend, there were some great offensive play designs. Watching it, it's obvious the Browns lack the speedy WR other teams have....but our priority in drafting should be DT & O line, right? 

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I loved Infante's coaching kids to become pro's.. It's missed here Hugely

We have a 2 fold problem..

1) Watson can extend plays.. All 22 showed looks of our WR's were not aware of this.. 👀

2) Joe Thomas would have fits telling Watson.. "I can block, but I don't know where your going to be back there"  :)

edit-- That G-men Statue of Liberty call was a perfectly timed play call. I could view perfect timing & execution in any quarter.. Danny Dimes nailed selling it.. 

#1 is heavily dependent upon the coaching.  And #2 sounds like it would be a problem if we had a LT that actually moved.  Right now I've renamed the Left Tackle position in Cleveland. Today, I call it Park Place.  All kidding aside Gumbs, those are great points.

20 hours ago, mjp28 said:

CIN  24   BAL (+7.0)  17  for a big  "kiss your sister tie, a big push" ...... how about that.   

~  AND   ~   yes on to Monday Night Football.   And in our TBB PICKEM  my pick  ♥︎

Dallas ♥︎ vs   @Tampa Bay -- -- 2.5 2.5 Mon 01/16 08:15 PM

6 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I don't understand what Tampa Bay is doing with their staff.. the DL coach is the offense run game coordinator; the ILB coach is the offense pass game coordinator.

They also have as a full-time offense consultant Tom Moore, who's apparently 84 years young.

Anti-analytics?😄

36 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Nasty D so far. 

Well  DAL 12   TB  0.   What ?   Yes.

TB12 throws a RZ INT.   And Dallas misses TWO EPs, not one two.   Never good in a playoff game. 

..... edit how much would you bet DAL goes for -2- next ?

Edited by mjp28

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well  DAL 12   TB  0.   What ?   Yes.

TB12 throws a RZ INT.   And Dallas misses TWO EPs, not one two.   Never good in a playoff game. 

..... edit how much would you bet DAL goes for -2- next ?

McCarthy's face after the 2nd miss was pretty funny! Maher is solid though and I bet he redeems himself somehow.  

21 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~  AND  ~  In our little TBB Pickem here this     ~🍺 🍺 ~    Monday Night Football contest  it's  :

DAL  11   TB  8   and no picks 4.   So there you have it  .....   :huh: