New Browns safety Juan Thornhill will not accept your negativity

Share this article

240 shares

tweet 

email 

USATSI_19988026-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
May 17, 2023 12:56 pm ET
Recommended video

General manager Andrew Berry has done a good job this offseason of fixing roster issues and adding talent to the 2023 Cleveland Browns. However, there are still plenty that will always think it’s the same old Browns until they are consistently proven wrong on the football field.

However, new Browns safety Juan Thornhill has had enough of the negativity that surrounds the team. He took to Twitter to guarantee that things will be different and the team is in a position to win games this year. Let’s take a look at what all Thornhill had to say on the matter and how he doesn’t care about the past team’s lack of success.

10 hours ago, syd said:

Share this article

240 shares

tweet 

email 

USATSI_19988026-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
May 17, 2023 12:56 pm ET
Recommended video

General manager Andrew Berry has done a good job this offseason of fixing roster issues and adding talent to the 2023 Cleveland Browns. However, there are still plenty that will always think it’s the same old Browns until they are consistently proven wrong on the football field.

However, new Browns safety Juan Thornhill has had enough of the negativity that surrounds the team. He took to Twitter to guarantee that things will be different and the team is in a position to win games this year. Let’s take a look at what all Thornhill had to say on the matter and how he doesn’t care about the past team’s lack of success.

Thanks for sharing that Syd! The addition of 1 Super Bowl Champion attitude on this defense could be a great thing.  While the media is well trained on what to expect from Haslam's business over the years - the incoming players this off-season don't have to share the media's dejavue predictions.  

Tell you what - Mary Kay Cabot better look out.  Nickers just beat her to the punch calling the 6'2" Dorian Thompson-Robinson a midget.  Poor Max Duggan has to be thinking "I know I'm only 6'1" but what else do I have to do beside leading my team to the Big 12 Championship Game, making Michigan gag in their 1st playoff game again, and leading an inferior roster to the BCS Championship Game?"  Poor kid almost didn't get drafted because he's allegedly just 1 inch taller than Tom Thumb.

• Haha 2

On 5/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, syd said:

Ok great. Now what about the rest of the players?

What the fuck does that prove anyway?

Such a fluffy topic you got there syd..

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2023 at 11:51 AM, tiamat63 said:

The Cleveland media has some of the worst sports journalism and coverage in all of football.

I don't know.  I think that may be a syndrome that runs throughout sports reporting, at least on the local levesl.   

News reporting had undergone a major shift over the last 20 years.  Reporting has gone from an advertising-based revenue source to subscription-based.  In that shift, the reporting has to at least to some degree be what the readers want to read.  

No doubt you have some reporters who just lob up questions, but a few ask some pointed questions, but no doubt nobody is throwing "chin music".

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Orion said:

By the same token, you want to continue to have access to the person.  

So I take it you agree.  It's a lot easier for a person or a team to 'boycott' a writer, or even an entire news outlet v. say a national press secretary who has to field questions.  Locally, it is far easier to grant access to whoever they want.

It's just human nature.  If you were the sports star or team owner answering questions and you had two reporters wanting to ask the last question, one who is always grilling you or one who is at least softening the tougher questions, who are you going to call on?

Kind of like when you were in school, yet opposite.  If you knew the question you had your hand up as high as possible, maybe even waving it.  If you didn't, you tried to hide behind the kid in front of you, hoping like heck the teacher didn't call on you.  LOL, we have all been there.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:27 PM, FY56 said:

Ok great. Now what about the rest of the players?

What the fuck does that prove anyway?

Such a fluffy topic you got there syd..

so why  are you even posting on this thread ? trying to hijack another thread on the browns board ? why don't you just waste your time on the poli board instead of here

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, syd said:

so why  are you even posting on this thread ? trying to hijack another thread on the browns board ? why don't you just waste your time on the poli board instead of here

Because no one with half a brain wastes time over there anymore and I'm pretty sure Gorka has half a brain.:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, syd said:

Well i have to read it before I know what's in it right?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Because no one with half a brain wastes time over there anymore and I'm pretty sure Gorka has half a brain.:rolleyes:

While all the writers are on strike, watching Trump take on the guy that's having panic attacks over who Disney is hiring to wear Peter Pan and Tinkerbell costumes at minimum wage is gonna be real entertaining....

• Haha 4

On 5/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, syd said:

My sentiment is...."then why the heck did you COME HERE, BIg Mouth" ? Meaning, I'm in a "show me" state. This season is going to be tough. I won't watch the dirtbag qb, but after thinking about it, I'll only watch the defense play. Refusing to watch the huckster qb from Houston, I'll change channels while that qb takes the field.

Unless you know who isn't the qb.....then I will. Except I will have trouble getting my timing down.

Still conflicted. Juan pouty-mouth isn't helping matters.

How about being positive, Juan, and try to learn to Keep Everything in Front of You for a change.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2023/03/juan-thornhill-brings-browns-leadership-and-tackling-but-has-a-bad-habit-to-fix-film-review.html

Juan Thornhill brings Browns leadership and tackling, but has a bad habit to fix: Film Review

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

This season is going to be tough. I won't watch the dirtbag qb, but after thinking about it, I'll only watch the defense play. Refusing to watch the huckster qb from Houston, I'll change channels while that qb takes the field.

and if we are winning games ? and dare say taking the A.F.C NORTH CROWN ? then what ? I bet you will be watching are offense 

47 minutes ago, syd said:

all goddamn you got me there gorka.so now why don't you take yourself back to the poli board 

Well syd, I was about to go to the Poii board but I saw a notification from you, which happened to bring me here.

Dude you are a special kind of stupid.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

Well syd, I was about to go to the Poii board but I saw a notification from you, which happened to bring me here.

Dude you are a special kind of stupid.

as i have said before keep your stupid shit on the poli board. oh i see your pal nickers gave you a thanks 

9 hours ago, syd said:

as i have said before keep your stupid shit on the poli board. oh i see your pal nickers gave you a thanks 

Have another drink ,Sauce... It's done so well for your ignorant, incoherent babbling....

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

[ NOTICE TO EVERYONE  -  June 16, 2023,  So pay attention  ! ]

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎.    🏈      ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

~  it's been brought to my attention that if I'm going to   "police"   certain people and topics as being to    "off topic"    then I should be  more fair to everyone.    And i agree,     if certain lines of  " crap"  and name-calling get too far into a  childish  fight then :

1.   Either cool it  -or-  at least head it over to the  *POLITICAL  FORUM.    *  or  to the *BARBER SHOP  FORUM*.     -or-

2.  IF  still to out of bounds of our pretty generous    TBB  RULES    for all of you idiots and a******s  we might just delete it completely. 

SO  don't make anymore work for us pain in the a**  moderators  and management.     Thank you and have a nice  Cleveland BROWNS  Football  Day.

GO BROWNS  !          And ......

images (26).jpeg

GET IT ?    I certainly hope so, we're not kidding about this  !!       🏈

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I joined this place years ago hoping to connect with other Browns fans, then the board split and I went over to the new board. Then politics drove me away from that board and came back here.

Only to find things aren't that much different here. Coupled with the fact the Browns being perpetual losers and political bullshit showing me just how nasty some Browns fans can be, I'm losing interest in it all. I think I'm just going to move on from football altogether. However, I did find some joy watching Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets win the championship. Brings back memories of the 2016 Cavs championship.

image.png.be62b06992f9fb238eb02982a6541caa.png