THE BROWNS BOARD

๐Ÿˆ Preseason Game 3: Browns at Eagles ๐Ÿˆ Aug 17

Dutch Oven

25 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Needย  -or-ย ย neededย ย to bring in or even draft a 4th +/- round kicker that can make almostย  ALLย  40 yard and most 50 yard kicks.

Too much to ask ?

Just see the KICKER Stats on the bottom of page 4.

50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How many are free agents other than Crosby?

Last I saw in the past week - Robbie Gould is still available.ย  If he can succeed in the Windy City, our FO can either sign a better kicker or worry about York's feelings instead of winning all season.

If a team doesn't want to start a QB before they're ready - why would they put the game in a kicker's hands, I mean foot, if he's clearly not ready?ย  They can keep York on the practice squad and be done with this avoidable nightmare ahead.

ย ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

who are these annpuncer cocksuckers?

20 minutes, all they are talking about is the Eagles.

redzone play, and the fuckers are talking to AJ whothefuck......

Questionable 2 pt.play? Fuck replay.....show the TD over and over.

I hate these fraternity announcer cocksuckers. Fuck the Eagles.

I mean, it was the Eagles home announcers as they do for preseason games. You can almost smell the cheesesteak through the TV.

ย 

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Just see the KICKER Stats on the bottom of page 4.

Eh, made FG's aren't my huge concern compared to accuracy. Crosby has kicked at a high level and in clutch situations for many years and in the cold. I'll say it a hundred times if I have to- York has the yips, bad. You can literally see it in the kid's face when he lines it up. Every kick the dude hits has some weird ass knuckle ball action to it, and he kicks extremely low. This dude barring a come to Jesus moment will cost this team games in an extremely tight division.ย 

Three games in and one to go before the Openerโ€ฆthis is the way I see the position groups.

QB. ย Mond out. ย Maybe you entertain the idea of DTR as a #2. ย He looks good now.

RB. Behind Chubb. ย Ford. Felton and Kelly. ย None of them strike me as a 2โ€ฆFord would be a fringe 2/Good 3 on most teams. ย Felton has been tried as a gadget play guy- he doesnโ€™t have one thing that he can do really well at this level. ย Kelly- you canโ€™t fumble the ball and heโ€™s not a guy ripping off a bigger runs (sounds like 50 other RBs looking for work) Love Hassans wiggle but if you canโ€™t catch the ball in this offensive you donโ€™t belong. ย I just saw Trey Sermon get second half Carries maybe heโ€™s available after cut downs?ย 
ย 

WR- If Goodwin is gone for an extended time and you are keeping 6. ย It seems logical that you have Cooper, Moore, DPJ, Tillman, Bell, Watkins. ย If they have sub package in mind for Schwartz speed maybe Iโ€™m wrong. ย I canโ€™t trust himโ€ฆbut his first catch last night shows you why some folks are hanging on- the DBs respect his speed and give him a lot of cushion but heโ€™s not really a chain moving intermediate route runner. ย Do we move a guy like DPJ?
ย 

OL- Iโ€™m not going to say who stays or goes but I donโ€™t EVER recall a Browns second unit playing this well in preseason. ย And We faced some dudes Jets, Commanders, Eagles.

DL- If Wright and Thomas were injury free there would be some tough choices. ย I still donโ€™t see anything with Elliot. ย Conversely, Tommy T has flipped a switch (scheme, offseason workouts). ย The depth has improved a lot- you got guys like Hurst and Phelps flashing.ย 
ย 

LB- my broken record statement Anthony Walker needs to be healthy. ย After that you let Diabate, JOK, maybe a guy like Charlie Thomas (dark horse to make the team) fly around and make plays.ย 
ย 

DB- I think this group is going to improve overall with the new scheme. Loads of depth hereโ€ฆI donโ€™t see an outsider making the Final Cut although is Ronnie Hickman just fortunate and taking advantage of opportunities or is a film study instinctual guy that you need on a roster. ย  Do we move a guy like Delpit?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

deserved better results.

Back-ups played a hard road game well.

โ– ย  ย kickers can't leave points off the board in this leagueย !

โ– ย  ย Fix It before week 1ย ย !

ย 

ย  ย  ย ~ย  And how many clutch kicks isย  Yorkย  ย going to miss in theย  REGULAR SEASONย  when it counts for. REAL ?ย ย 

~ย  OR could theย  Clevelandย  BROWNSย  ย MISSย ย ย the playoffsย  by a fewย  missedย  ย field goals or even missed extra pointsย  ?

ย โ– ย  Iย  wouldย  ย NOTย ย ย want to be the personย  responsible for answering those questionsย ย withย the BROWNSย  current kicker.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย โ–ช๏ธŽย  Justย  sayin'.ย  ย  ย  ย :huh:

Edited by mjp28

Did anyone else see this after reviewing your recording? I did not post this during game cause I was not sure. Sure now !

1.) Go to Philly's KO in the 4th quarter at 6:09 left

2.) Felton returns the KO to the 27 yard line. Refs flag & call was "Philly hands to the face, 10 yard penalty from returned spot"ย 

3.) Browns starting drive, (that Cade York misses twice), only gets marked off for 5 yards to the 32 yard line.. Not The 37 yard line as announced.. Can hands to the face be changed on the field to a 5 yard penalty?

Please tell me if I'm seeing something wrong here.ย ๐Ÿค” That's a large +plus 5 yards closer to the goalpost that just missed.

ย 

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

ย โ– ย  Iย  wouldย  ย NOTย ย ย want to be the personย  responsible for answering those questionsย ย withย the BROWNSย  current kicker.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย โ–ช๏ธŽย  Justย  sayin'.ย  ย  ย  ย :huh:

If or when Haslam wants Cade off (t)his team? Jimmy won't care if Berry drafted him.

Keep this in mind. If the Browns decide to payย Crosby or Gould? Cade York will be wasting another players spot sitting on practice squad imho . York won't be a Brown for long paying either FA replacement. York's gone.

These photos were taken prior to York hitting the game winning bomb in Carolina last season.. Note the angle of the ball on the stand..

ย 

Top photo is 8 yards shorter from where Cade kicked the game winner in warm ups, at same end. this hit just under mid net !ย 

IMG_20220911_125237930.jpg.f359c503365bb74e409a2a74b88af2bd.jpgย  IMG_20220911_124920400.jpg.c6bb7a7ae5b092672fcfd610433dced7.jpgย 

Almost certain York's rarely getting those kind of angles from his holder(nor hold pressure). Maybe tossing this warm up holder in the trash & have him kick with Bojorquez or a back-up QB holding at all times. Saw York using Huelett snap, Bojorquez hold, to Cade's kick all of maybe 5 snaps in warm ups. Maybe back to the basics, should Include it's missing parts ?ย  ย ย 

• Upvote 1

watched about three quarters.

How did the Browns draft York, the most often rated #1 kicker, and ruin his consistency? York was a STAR in college. How does this happen?

ย How hard is it to go from college to the pros as a kicker? I have no idea, but something isn't right. I'm wondering if it isn't York's fault.

I wonder if strength and conditioning threw his mechanics off. Maybe coaching threw him off. He certainly wasn't off in college at LSU I think it was.

ย ย  Watching the defense was a breath of fresh air - Jim Schwartz is the MAN. His defense seems to make so much sense, apparently to the players. Not perfect,ย  And that isn't even any starters? I'm impressed. But it's only preseason.

ย  The offense - kickass rbs, check. Upgraded wr group, double check. Offensive line - not starters, they can play with any other defense, I think. Not perfect, but it's preseason.

ย  Mond - not prime time - doesn't seem to see it. Then there is DTR - who does. He sees everything, sees it very fastย  - can do it all. Very smart.

ย  Sure, I'd rather have had the Browns DRAFT a qb, and let DTR start some games til the rookie was ready. That's just me.

But DTRย  can be very elusive, and has a qb's brain. He just gets it. I suppose he can be locked in as the #2.

Stefanski - can't stand him. I mean, ever since he became the hc, every interview, he is like a drunken deer trying to avoid deer hunters.

ย ย  He hasn't sounded intelligent once that I've noticed. But the other coaches - seems like a star-studded cast to me. That is Stupanski's saving grace so far.

ย ย  Preseason is rarely anything to get excited about - some teams win in preseason, and lose most of the games in regular season.

ย  But that was the best preseason game I can remember ever watching. A lot of talent on that second team bunch. And, the Eagles have a lot of depth too. Good competition, and the Browns were right there with them.

• mjp28 unpinned this topic