THE BROWNS BOARD

The Official   🏈  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  🏈  Sept  18

mjp28

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hey B149,  I hear you on that,   I was surprised how many steeler  fans have moved west into Ohio.  So much so that we are blacked OUT when the BROWNS/ steelerz play at the same time.   

Here we get Bungles or Stoolers.  Browns are 3rd.  

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" 😉

But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

I see no lies. Also, unfortunately I'm right. 🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Open photo

😇  I once tried to carry Rural mail in this T-Shirt 😇  and would you believe? a Postal Supervisor sent me home to change shirts 🤣

I'm walking in with the Myles Garrett 95  jersey Monday .... please send me home :)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Truth here - We’ve played better Steeler teams.  Their need for a W may create a sense of urgency but when that inevitable wears off we have a better roster 

Right. I think Browns have to withstand an early surge by Pittsburgh cuz they're coming out bananas. 

I watched Bengals game again and was surprised at the amount of times Watson didn't take the check down or throw a shorter pass right away. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but he took a number of hits and cost us multiple first downs by not simply throwing an easier pass. Now, I get that with any player you take the good and the bad and Watson has a much deserved reputation for holding onto the ball and hunting big plays. The problem I had was it was raining and we had a small lead (early). There were too many times Njoku was sitting there waiting for the pill, and one time was the interception Watson threw that was tipped. 

It's game 1 and I'd MUCH rather learn from a win than a loss, but there's a bunch Watson needs to change if he wants to stay healthy and keep the chains moving. Watson gets hurt and it's over, boys. DTR will not save us. Watson is who he is, but I'm hoping he can change just a little bit. Take the easy toss a bit more, go out of bounds on a run play when you can, and I believe Watson will have the year we all want. The deep throws will connect, they always have for him. Yes, he underthrew two scoring strikes, but Marquis could've caught the first one...he really didn't make a great effort on that ball. Also, that ball probably weighed 57 pounds. 

I do NOT expect us to run the ball well, Heyward out be damned. We just do not run well against them in Pittsburgh and I don't care what the 49's did to them. This game will be totally different. If I drop the act I do expect us to win. I just think we're better, even with Cooper out or severely hobbled. I just expect it to be ugly AF, and I mean ugly. Watt will destroy Dawand, like he destroys everyone. Think about it, how confident would YOU be if Myles was going up against a rookie? 

Browns win, 20-17 in a sphincter clinching, grinding, "thank God we won" type of victory. Go Browns! 

11 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Here we get Bungles or Stoolers.  Browns are 3rd.  

Curious, I looked up where Letart was in WV. 

Damn, you are almost dead between Cincinnati (165 miles) and Pittsburgh (207 miles), with Cleveland (221 miles) directly north of you. 

Funny story on ESPN just now...

Bar in Green Bay ran a promotion last Monday night for the Jets vs Bills game. If the Jets (and Aaron Rodgers) lost, the bar would pick up everyone's bar tab for the night.

Well, four offensive plays in, Rodgers blows his Achilles. As the bar manager said, "There was a moment of silence, then everyone started ordering shots"... with Rodgers out of the way, people were drinking and drinking and drinking, thinking the Bills were a lock to win and that the bar would pick up their tabs....

The video of the bar when the Jets ran back a kick for a touchdown to win the game was priceless. One patron said "Well, I guess I'm not eating lunch this week..." 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm not going to lie, I literally have so much Browns PTSD that I can't even ENVISION a scenario where we win. Steelers are coming off an opening blowout at HOME where nothing went right. They're playing on Monday night in front of the home crowd where they haven't lost since 'Nam. 

Pittsburgh CAN'T lose this game and they know it. They're 20-0 at home on Monday night football. Think about that for a second. That tells me there's more than just football at work here. You can try to tell me that history has no influence on an actual game, but when it's 20-0, there's something going on. Here's what to expect:

Every bounce will go their way. If there's a fumble, it's bouncing to them. If there's a deflection, it's heading their way instantly. Penalties will be in their favor. FG's will go in, ours will bounce off the post or something crazy, if not outright blocked. You can schedule at least one defensive touchdown, book it. Our best players will come down with a rare disease, like "Tibetan Respiratory Pneumonia" or something. This game will be wacky, and not in a good way. 

Do I sound absolutely nuts? YES, of course I do! I'm a Browns fan, right? I'm allowed to be a basket case when we visit Pittsburgh, especially on Monday night, because I've seen it all, and by "seen it all", what I mean is, I've seen things, man. Things that would break a lesser fan. 

Now, am I being ridiculous? Yeah, I am. But a hint of what I wrote can be expected, right? You simply don't get to 20-0 without cause, it HAS to be more than football. To win this game, we'll be fighting against a desperate Steelers team, and all the ghosts of NFL yesteryear. Are we a better team? Yes, we are. I really believe that. But this game will test us in all 3 phases and I hope we're ready. I know I am. 

FAN isn't just a prefix of FANTASTIC!   

I'll be honest, I'm worried about this defense reading how unstoppable they are all week.  They've also read how bad Pittsburgh looked all week.  Anyone that understands our history - knows where you're coming from and what I needed to say.  That said, if the Browns prepared for this game like they did for the first game - I definitely think they can win.  If they didn't?   They can beat themselves so Pittsburgh doesn't have to.  This game is going to boil down to how well the Browns can handle TJ Watt IMO.  

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Curious, I looked up where Letart was in WV. 

Damn, you are almost dead between Cincinnati (165 miles) and Pittsburgh (207 miles), with Cleveland (221 miles) directly north of you. 

It’s mostly stoolers fans though

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:44 PM, hoorta said:

Browns -1.5, well, IIRC the 49ers were favored by 2. We know how that turned out. 

Regarding the Bungle- Ratbird game, don't care who wins, but the Browns have to win also. No letdown guys. 

See below.....

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ravens take the opening kickoff and march to a TD, taking half the first quarter with them. 

7-0 Baltimore. 

From a purely Browns POV, it would have been better if the Bungles had won....  Bungles 1-1, Ratbirds 1-1 both with division losses. Cinci showed some signs of life, but not enough. Minus the 80+ yard punt return TD, they weren't showing much. 

If jiggins is worried about Watson, you should have seen some of the hits Jackson was taking when he ran the ball.  He won't last the season running reckless like that. Our old pal Clowney had quite a game. 

It will be nice for the next week here in SW Ohio with Bungle fans back under their rocks though. 

Browns had just better win tomorrow night.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, hoorta said:

See below.....

From a purely Browns POV, it would have been better if the Bungles had won....  Bungles 1-1, Ratbirds 1-1 both with division losses. Cinci showed some signs of life, but not enough. Minus the 80+ yard punt return TD, they weren't showing much. 

If jiggins is worried about Watson, you should have seen some of the hits Jackson was taking when he ran the ball.  He won't last the season running reckless like that. Our old pal Clowney had quite a game. 

It will be nice for the next week here in SW Ohio with Bungle fans back under their rocks though. 

Browns had just better win tomorrow night.  

That is true, a Bengals win today could have meant the Browns would be sitting in first place come midnight tomorrow night. 

Still, from an entertainment POV, it will be interesting to see if the Bengals can overcome another slow start. The season being 17 games now makes it easier, it will be real easy when they eventually make it a 18 game schedule. (I loathe the idea)

Last year I kind of went rogue and picked Dallas as my choice to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Even as I wrote it, I was like "Really, Dutch?" 

It wouldn't be a horrible pick this season. Philadelphia, San Francisco and Dallas are looking like the cream of the NFC crop. 

(I already hate my Buffalo pick in the AFC. I remember thinking after their playoff loss last winter that their window of Super Bowl contention might be over... then I pick them the next year) 🤣

Some really good games today.  Lots of flipping back and forth.

Bengals (Chase) specifically something is up.  His routes were lackluster. On the other side one of my favorite weapons coming out of this draft Zay Flowers going to be tough matchup for us in the years to come.  He’s essentially what they hoped they would get out of Marquis Brown  

Jets are a .500 team at best with Wilson. I don’t think we have to worry about them (playoff wise).

Giants second half was impressive.  One of the best halves of football offensively.  They got it going with Danny Dimes feet.

Bijan Robinson.  Going to get couple eye rolls but I think he’s the best back in football.  Elite wiggle and fast.  That team has some weapons.  Some are very underutilized. 

Lions aren’t quite there yet. Geno Smith has some weapons but he’s still vulnerable in my opinion.  Lots of great WRs on the field in that game. 

The Cowboys (my sleeper) are going to be a tough out.

Next week.  Titans had some problems protecting Tannehill.  Going to be Henry and lots of deep play action shots.  The pressure needs to get there and we need to put our big boy pants on and get Henry moving East and west behind the line of scrimmage.  Their defense-  they make an offense play ugly.  Going to be tough game next week for us.  Chargers earned everything they got. 

Our next four…no finesse about them…Steelers, Titans, Ravens, Niners.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

you should have seen some of the hits Jackson was taking when he ran the ball.  He won't last the season running reckless like that.   

Agreed !

What was bothersome, is Lamar's O-line in pass pro, gave him a wall of protection on all 33 passing attempts. The Gal's never even recorded a 1 yard scramble sack..1 QB hit in backfield all day (never saw it)

Lamar leading his backfield in attempts with 13 carries can't last... #8 won't make this season's final games again..  but he got his Dumb-ar money

Unfortunate Dobbins got injured again in week1.. But just FYI, Dobbins' injury was on a natural grass field.  Per the Sutterer injury channel, there is a paper showing that the actual rate of injury on turf vs natural grass is the same [the stats phrase is "not different enough to be something that couldn't have happened by chance"]. The notable thing for injuries is the degree of field slipperiness.. if a foot gets stuck in the ground, the force of a hit has a greater chance of being transmitted to the body rather than dissipating in the field.

11 hours ago, Bob806 said:

He was also an idiot

Well sure, but when your school doesn’t exactly crank out a lotta NFL superstars, that one stung a bit. And to be fair, we didn’t know he was an idiot at the time. We’re very smart typically. And modest. 

For the record we drafted Kellen Winslow II that year, so we arguably did draft the sleazier sleazier dude from a school called Miami. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Well sure, but when your school doesn’t exactly crank out a lotta NFL superstars, that one stung a bit. And to be fair, we didn’t know he was an idiot at the time. We’re very smart typically. And modest. 

For the record we drafted Kellen Winslow II that year, so we arguably did draft the sleazier sleazier dude from a school called Miami. 

That is almost impressive, if you think about it.

We passed on the sleazeball from Miami U to draft the even bigger sleazeball from the U of Miami. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I knew he was an idiot before the draft lol. He grew up in Findlay, Oh and was a 49ers fan. Red flag right there.

Can't stand him, but he was a good QB. 

Amazing a QB can play 18 years & never get any sponsor gigs. That says a lot.

5 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I knew he was an idiot before the draft lol. He grew up in Findlay, Oh and was a 49ers fan. Red flag right there.

Can't stand him, but he was a good QB. 

Amazing a QB can play 18 years & never get any sponsor gigs. That says a lot.

I had a cousin in the BG area who claimed to have picked him off in a football camp of some sort!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Agreed !

What was bothersome, is Lamar's O-line in pass pro, gave him a wall of protection on all 33 passing attempts. The Gal's never even recorded a 1 yard scramble sack..1 QB hit in backfield all day (never saw it)

Lamar leading his backfield in attempts with 13 carries can't last... #8 won't make this season's final games again..  but he got his Dumb-ar money

I'll defer to tia on this one, but Lamar's deep ball accuracy leaves something to be desired most of the time.  

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

The blocked kick in the SNF game…wow.  That was special 

It's going to be on every special coordinator's tape tomorrow. I'm surprised no one has tried that gambit yet.  Copycat league.