THE BROWNS BOARD

The Official   🏈  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  🏈  Sept  18

mjp28

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Hello 6 wins.  Kev sucks.  Kareem hunt wont come to this shitshow.

230 million for a guy who spent 700 days away from the game and it shows.

Fleeced again.

I'm done with the "he's rusty" excuse. If you can't get in shape with half a year and an entire off season and training camp you aren't good. 

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I know I have a severe bias here but I actually thought that on the first one it looked like he went for a legit stiff arm to the face but one of his fingers slipped in between the bar and the helmet and it looked like he only grabbed it so it didn't rip his finger off. He did grab and pull him but he was probably legit trying to pull him through since dude wasn't pulling up. 

The second one was pure theatrics on the part of the Steelers player. He grabbed Watsons arm in a way the he trapped his hand against his mask, almost pulling his hand in his own mask. I just cant believe the refs fell for that bullshit. The refs should know to look for that type of behavior from known and repeated offenders benders of the rules. Watch that again and look at the way Watson is trying to get his hand back from that scab.

He held on and dragged the opponent's head around. It was absolutely on purpose. It was a shitty thing for any player to do. If it had been a Steeler we'd have wanted him kicked out of the game.

WSS

7 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

That's what I said. And both holdings were bullshit that totally altered the game. It really doesn't matter anyway. Chubb is out and Watson sucks. And our coach will be fired shortly. The last 4 drives we had the ball are some of the funniest moments I've seen in football. Just total futility culminating in a hilarious play call that made no sense and the Steelers actually KNEW was coming. Lmao! 

Goodbye Stefanski. We actually thought you were the one. 

The Browns just showed you why it'll never matter WHO they draft or trade for at QB - they're gonna take a promising NFL QB that started his career leading his 1st team to the playoffs and making Pro Bowls in his very 1st 2 seasons to looking worse than the QB they chased out of town (with Berry proudly telling people he didn't draft Baker).  That's fine; but your collective FO (especially Depodesta and a guy they hired as a Head Coach who only wanted to be an Offensive Coordinator paid to be the Head Coach has turned Watson into the worst QB he's ever been college or pro).  BTW, the Browns had to burn a timeout because they were about to get penalized for 12 men on the field when our punt return team took the field.  

Stefanski might be a nice guy and all - but I think it's time they empower the Offensive Coordinator to be the OC and get out of his way (like they've done for Schwartz). How many times did I repeat they better have a plan for TJ Watt.  I'll bet he thanks the Cleveland Browns some day for his Hall of Fame status.  When Deshaun Watson is running around in the back field with defensive people closing in - WHAT KIND OF ROUTE ADJUSTMENTS were going on to help him?  Oh wait, Depodesta wants a vertical passing game only so we have a former MLB Exec remote controlling Stefanski's play calling AFTER he's edited - provided the self-destructive playbook.  We added Elijah Moore to be this guy that's always open right?  What if there's no routes in the playbook or route adjustments that allow him to provide this kind of help?  Uh-oh?  @ballpeen mentioned he didn't like way he saw the Browns trying to use him the other day.  I'm not sure they have the slightest idea on how they can use their receivers a lot better than they choose to.

They can also give us the - we can't turn the ball over nonsense they want.  That said, if they worked on ball security every practice since the OTAs started - it might actually work out there.  High schools teams do this - at least the ones that like winning.  It all starts at the top with the FO (and Depodesta over-stepping his football IQ and his desire to make Stefanski HIS choice which reeled in the ole "I don't want to let him down" mentality from Stefanski).  I wish someone would ask Kevin so what do you guys do daily in practice to make sure we're not revisiting this discussion?

If you commit to a QB - you don't square peg round hole him into something he's never been - you try to understand the wiring of the QB and improve the stuff that will be helpful from him and around him.  In other words, if you drafted a Josh Allen you DON'T pretend he's Dan Marino with the quick read-lightning release.  You give him a Brian Daboll instead of a Dr Frankenstein while you also add some pieces around him with a COMPETANT playbook so calling plays isn't like trying to shit through severe constipation.

Whatever!  If anyone has ever watched Deshaun Watson play for Houston - you know this is the worst he's ever looked in the NFL.  Challenge yourself to ask "why is this?" and do some research.  Read up on his 1st 2 years in the NFL after beating an NFL prospect loaded Bama defense for a National Championship.  

The problem is - Depodesta and Stefanski aren't going to give themselves an honest self-evaluation to correct what's wrong with the design of this offense.  Hope I'm wrong but I kind of doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Stefanski might be a nice guy and all - but I think it's time they empower the Offensive Coordinator to be the OC and get out of his way (like they've done for Schwartz). How many times did I repeat they better have a plan for TJ Watt.  I'll bet he thanks the Cleveland Browns some day for his Hall of Fame status.  When Deshaun Watson is running around in the back field with defensive people closing in - WHAT KIND OF ROUTE ADJUSTMENTS were going on to help him?  Oh wait, Depodesta wants a vertical passing game only so we have a former MLB Exec remote controlling Stefanski's play calling AFTER he's edited - provided the self-destructive playbook.  We added Elijah Moore to be this guy that's always open right?  What if there's no routes in the playbook or route adjustments that allow him to provide this kind of help?

This 100%. The route tree the browns have in their playbook is pathetic. I look around the league and see wrs getting wide open in the intermediate range (nfl wide open) for every team.  Then i watch the browns and it seems like 90% of our completions take a great throw and a contested catch (with the exception of short screens etc). For 3 years now we have heard our wrs don't get separation. Our wrs are plenty good enough to get separation so you have to ask why don't they get the separation. Its the unimaginative playcalling combined with the lack of a route tree. It legitimately seems like we have the 9 route post/slant route and the occasional out route as the only routes ran by wrs in our playbook.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

This 100%. The route tree the browns have in their playbook is pathetic. I look around the league and see wrs getting wide open in the intermediate range (nfl wide open) for every team.  Then i watch the browns and it seems like 90% of our completions take a great throw and a contested catch (with the exception of short screens etc). For 3 years now we have heard our wrs don't get separation. Our wrs are plenty good enough to get separation so you have to ask why don't they get the separation. Its the unimaginative playcalling combined with the lack of a route tree. It legitimately seems like we have the 9 route post/slant route and the occasional out route as the only routes ran by wrs in our playbook.

How about the back shoulder fade on 4th and 7 to end the game? LMAO 

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

IMG_4847.png

I would of kept my 250 million guaranteed
I would of kept my 3 first round draft pics
I would of kept the guy who played injured who embraced Cleveland, took us to the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh who is 2-0 over a guy that couldn’t out play Kenny Picket. At least Jacoby Brisset stood in the pocket and made throws!!
Baker was invested in the City and in you!
This guy initially “turned you down” it took 250 million, Its called Karma (27)

The simple fact of the matter is the QB position lost this game for the Browns, and looked really bad in a lot of spots doing so. If you want to blame coaching, or the QB himself? Up to people smarter to me. What I saw though was Watson seeing ghosts out there last night. There were at least 4 times I noticed easy underneath throws being available, and open, and Watson just didn't put the ball where it needed to be. The question fundamentally becomes is it a QB issue or a scheme issue? Maybe both?

The toughest part is towards the end of the game the dude was seeing ghosts out there. Abandoning the pocket early and just making really bad decisions. The Titans formula is eerily similar to the Steelers, we will see how it goes.

Want to know the most fun fact from yesterday? The Browns held the Steelers to -4 yards of offense, with a lead, in the 4th quarter and lost. 

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

The simple fact of the matter is the QB position lost this game for the Browns, and looked really bad in a lot of spots doing so. If you want to blame coaching, or the QB himself? Up to people smarter to me. What I saw though was Watson seeing ghosts out there last night. There were at least 4 times I noticed easy underneath throws being available, and open, and Watson just didn't put the ball where it needed to be. The question fundamentally becomes is it a QB issue or a scheme issue? Maybe both?

The toughest part is towards the end of the game the dude was seeing ghosts out there. Abandoning the pocket early and just making really bad decisions. The Titans formula is eerily similar to the Steelers, we will see how it goes.

I'm calling it now.. Stefanski canned at the bye week...

47 minutes ago, nickers said:

It doesn’t get easier.

The Steelers are not a good football team.   Playing The Titans without Nick Chubb you are essentially playing right into their hands. 

Of course Baltimore who should be healthy in two weeks outplayed the Bengals on the road.

If we are 2-2 headed into the Bye I’ll be happy.  

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

It doesn’t get easier.

The Steelers are not a good football team.   Playing The Titans without Nick Chubb you are essentially playing right into their hands. 

Of course Baltimore who should be healthy in two weeks outplayed the Bengals on the road.

If we are 2-2 headed into the Bye I’ll be happy.  

I don't think were winning anymore games till we get to the cup cake part of the season...

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

BTW who planned this shit show to have no real backup players for the tough yards inside at RB. If they don't fear that then they pin their ears back on our deer in the headlights QB.

Yeah I was not a fan of letting D'earnest Johnson walk...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

@ballpeen mentioned he didn't like way he saw the Browns trying to use him the other day.  I'm not sure they have the slightest idea on how they can use their receivers a lot better than they choose to.

Yep, I think Moore had another whopping 35 yard game.  Something isn't working.  It seems all of the passes head to the boundary.  I don't know if that is by design or if Watson just won't throw over the middle.

It's only 2 games in to the season, so I am not going to start pointing fingers, but I will say that something in the passing game just isn't clicking, and they better figure it out, especially since Chubb is out for the season, if not forever.

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

7 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I'm done with the "he's rusty" excuse. If you can't get in shape with half a year and an entire off season and training camp you aren't good. 

Normally I can't stand Colon Cowturd, but I caught his takes on both the Steelers and Browns on the radio heading home from a doctor's appointment. Sadly, I actually agree with him- this time. Steelers need a new OC. Absolutely blasted the Browns- both players and organization. To your point Cysko, I totally agree. Per Cowherd he's NOT the same player back when he was with the Texans. I saw our $230 million QB for all intents and purposes look exactly like Brandon Weeden- on a bad day. 

If it starts at the top- it had to be our owner Jimmuh Has-been signing off on giving Watson that cap busting contract- and now we're essentially stuck with his albatross deal. DW's stats are abysmal, 55% completion rate and a 69 qbr.  FWIW, Kenny Pickett's stats are about the same- and the Steelers aren't paying Kenny $230 million either. 

He had better revert to previous form in a big hurry, or this is going to be another lost season- fast. Without his security blanket Nick Chubb- it's all going to be about him carrying the offense. At least the defense is still playing great. Minus those 14 gift points, the Browns may have won. 

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Nah- end of the year and maybe not even then. Can he have ruined Watson? He's not going through his route tree fast enough, one of those sacks- he had Njoku wide open in the flat. When he scrambles, he's just looking to run first, no longer looking downfield for the open guy- Mahomes makes a living off of that. Distinctly remember one play where he got creamed for minus yardage on a roll out, and had someone wide open 10 yards downfield. Is there something wrong with his mechanics? His accuracy looks pretty well shot too. The pick six was a way high throw. And congrats for getting called for two facemask penalties. Of course with hometown Steeler reffing they missed the one Pittsburgh got away with. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Normally I can't stand Colon Cowturd, but I caught his takes on both the Steelers and Browns on the radio heading home from a doctor's appointment. Sadly, I actually agree with him- this time. Steelers need a new OC. Absolutely blasted the Browns- both players and organization. To your point Cysko, I totally agree. Per Cowherd he's NOT the same player back when he was with the Texans. I saw our $230 million QB for all intents and purposes look exactly like Brandon Weeden- on a bad day. 

If it starts at the top- it had to be our owner Jimmuh Has-been signing off on giving Watson that cap busting contract- and now we're essentially stuck with his albatross deal. DW's stats are abysmal, 55% completion rate and a 69 qbr.  FWIW, Kenny Picket's stats are about the same- and the Steelers aren't paying Kenny $230 million either. 

He had better revert to previous form in a big hurry, or this is going to be another lost season- fast. Without his security blanket Nick Chubb- it's all going to be about him carrying the offense. At least the defense is still playing great. Minus those 14 gift points, the Browns may have won. 

Nah- end of the year and maybe not even then. Can he have ruined Watson? He's not going through his route tree fast enough, one of those sacks- he had Njoku wide open in the flat. When he scrambles, he's just looking to run first, no longer looking downfield for the open guy- Mahomes makes a living off of that. Distinctly remember one play where he got creamed for minus yardage on a roll out, and had someone wide open 10 yards downfield. Is there something wrong with his mechanics? His accuracy looks pretty well shot too. The pick six was a way high throw. And congrats for getting called for two facemask penalties. Of course with hometown Steeler reffing they missed the one Pittsburgh got away with. 

He's done Larry.. He's completely washed up... He should quit wasting everyones time... Retire.. Take his money and open a 24 hour full service massage parlor...

17 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Watson played like shit but this certainly wasn't a way high throw. bryant gets both hands on it and both feet on the ground

Screenshot_20230919-142414_YouTube.jpg

Sorry I disagree. By NFL standards, Bryant is wide open- and the ball was thrown over his head. I'll watch the replay to confirm that. That's not NFL accurate. Troy Aikman made the excuse it was miscommunication, but I'm not buying it. 

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sorry I disagree. By NFL standards, Bryant is wide open- and the ball was thrown over his head. I'll watch the replay to confirm that. That's not NFL accurate. Troy Aikman made the excuse it was miscommunication, but I'm not buying it. 

I mean now it's just semantics. I would agree it wasn't nfl accurate but it wasn't "way high". And if we're going nfl standards if you get both hands on the ball not only is it a catchable ball its a ball that should be caught.

55 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I mean now it's just semantics. I would agree it wasn't nfl accurate but it wasn't "way high". And if we're going nfl standards if you get both hands on the ball not only is it a catchable ball its a ball that should be caught.

😉Should have hit him between the numbers at that range. Can we at least agree that Watson showed a glaring lack of accuracy on numerous throws? Sideline routes that were uncatchable?  

Sure there were a few drops, but 55% completion percentage blows. 

• Upvote 2

Todays pittspuke radio...bashed steelers and then was amazed at the help from the referees.  I was shocked.  They were saying as bad as watson sucked...pickett was worse.

Stat line

Not a single play for the steelers in the red zone. All game

-4 yds offense for 4th quarter

8 hours ago, MDDawg said:

I'm pissed and depressed this morning. Pissed at Minka Fitzpatrick's dirty hit on Nick Chubb and depressed that we don't have a starting NFL QB. if you're paid $230 million at least keep the ball secure, his 14 points off turnovers gave the game away.

yes it was a dirty ass hit. Nick was already going down with a defender on his back.just more bullshit from tomlin