THE BROWNS BOARD

● --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson comments will go here, thank you. <--- ●

nickers

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

But that doesn't mean nickers isn't right about some of the situation either. 

My comment has nothing to do with what he said about the situation. I mean, I just don't think he can help himself. Out of all the threads he could have started, he could of started one on poor Nick Chubb who's career may very well be over and where we go from here. Or the fact that Chubb's injury completely deflated the team and maybe that's why Watson looked like garbage last night. It's possible, but it's also possible that Watson really is garbage. But can we at least give him the benefit of the doubt here?

But what does he do? Start a thread so he can tell the world how much better he is than everybody else👇

11 hours ago, nickers said:

shit QB Mr.Peepee

33 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Can I spew some positive in this thread?  The last 15 hours have been brutal. 

After watching Ben R. Beat us down for decades…the Steelers obviously didn’t make the right choice with Kenny P.  

Hmmmmm. I love what you're saying...I do...but not there yet. The decision to have a long developing play action pass against a blitz crazy defense that already scored one td...I can't. We were up 3. Our defense was lights out. Is it guaranteed we win if we run it on 3rd and punt? Of course not. But that decision by Stefanski could have HUGE implications on whether or not he's our coach. All kidding aside, that was the game. Yes, Watson needs to hold onto the ball, but that call WAS the game. 

A 3 point lead with around 3 minutes to go. And we called THAT. Your defense was amazing almost all day...

I'm trying to get positive. I really am. But this...this is beyond horrible. This feels...like...more than a loss. Positive sentiment is coming...just not quite there brotha. 

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

My comment has nothing to do with what he said about the situation. I mean, I just don't think he can help himself. Out of all the threads he could have started, he could of started one on poor Nick Chubb who's career may very well be over and where we go from here. Or the fact that Chubb's injury completely deflated the team and maybe that's why Watson looked like garbage last night. It's possible, but it's also possible that Watson really is garbage. But can we at least give him the benefit of the doubt here?

But what does he do? Start a thread so he can tell the world how much better he is than everybody else👇

Like I said.. Go find your safe space... Apparently you are mentally weak...

20 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hmmmmm. I love what you're saying...I do...but not there yet. The decision to have a long developing play action pass against a blitz crazy defense that already scored one td...I can't. We were up 3. Our defense was lights out. Is it guaranteed we win if we run it on 3rd and punt? Of course not. But that decision by Stefanski could have HUGE implications on whether or not he's our coach. All kidding aside, that was the game. Yes, Watson needs to hold onto the ball, but that call WAS the game. 

A 3 point lead with around 3 minutes to go. And we called THAT. Your defense was amazing almost all day...

I'm trying to get positive. I really am. But this...this is beyond horrible. This feels...like...more than a loss. Positive sentiment is coming...just not quite there brotha. 

Well I hear you.

It is funny because we play the Bengals and have success the same way the Steelers play the Browns and have success.

we make ourselves one dimensional and then watch the pass rushers pin their ears back and make a couple plays on our QB.  That’s the Steeler way against the Browns

I’ve praised Kevin on this forum for being an intelligent guy. I saw a lot of over pursuit from the Steelers and very little action the other way to counter that…you also got the sense that maybe the screen game would have worked a little more last night…but go routes with a 5’10’’ WR with the Steelers being handsy and using the out of bounds line as a second defender was a better option?  

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well I hear you.

It is funny because we play the Bengals and have success the same way the Steelers play the Browns and have success.

we make ourselves one dimensional and then watch the pass rushers pin their ears back and make a couple plays on our QB.  That’s the Steeler way against the Browns

I’ve praised Kevin on this forum for being an intelligent guy. I saw a lot of over pursuit from the Steelers and very little action the other way to counter that…you also got the sense that maybe the screen game would have worked a little more last night…but go routes with a 5’10’’ WR with the Steelers being handsy and using the out of bounds line as a second defender was a better option?  

I have a real hard time equating KS with being "Intelligent" This "New" offense looks slow.. unimaginative and boring...

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh lord, here goes Nickers again... with no underlying bias...

Bias? He likes Baker, but how is that biased? Nickers has no control of the numbers, so his post has no bias in it.

Every value judgement made in the sport of football is based on numbers. They drive the draft, HOF elections, GOAT conversations and on it goes. We can't get pissed then when the numbers don't support us.

I have no clue if Watson is our guy. So far, c'mon people, this guy has shown no reason for optimism.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Bias? He likes Baker, but how is that biased? Nickers has no control of the numbers, so his post has no bias in it.

Every value judgement made in the sport of football is based on numbers. They drive the draft, HOF elections, GOAT conversations and on it goes. We can't get pissed then when the numbers don't support us.

I have no clue if Watson is our guy. So far, c'mon people, this guy has shown no reason for optimism.

These idiots conveniently forget I was a huge fan of Warren Moon and Steve "AIR" McNair who both happened to be black QB's.. So all this 'bias' shit , sounds completely stupid...  I judge QB's solely on performance.. And the numbers say Depud Watson is terrible... This guy inspires nothing...

10 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Let's check the Watson vs. Baker stats at the end of the year. Baker had two games against very porous defenses. 

If you want to cherry pick the first two games of the year, go ahead.

Here is Baker's stats from last year, a full season with the Rams/Panthers:

2-8 record, 180.3 YPG, 10 TD's, 8 INT's, 2 lost fumbles, 36 sacks in 10 games, QBR 79.0. 

So cut the bullshit Ghoolie. 

18 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Let's check the Watson vs. Baker stats at the end of the year. Baker had two games against very porous defenses. 

If you want to cherry pick the first two games of the year, go ahead.

Here is Baker's stats from last year, a full season with the Rams/Panthers:

2-8 record, 180.3 YPG, 10 TD's, 8 INT's, 2 lost fumbles, 36 sacks in 10 games, QBR 79.0. 

So cut the bullshit Ghoolie. 

Last year's stats have absolutely no weight in this conversation. For instance......if the Browns win the SB this year, none of the shit before matters.

We live in the here and now. We are playing THIS season, not last season.

Browns fans have been second guessing our trades and cuts for our entire history......Warfield for Phipps.....Mitchell for Davis......Len Dawson....and on it goes.

Some of you guys are really emotional over this debate, but fuck dudes, in the event Baker outperforms Watson long term, it isn't just Watson detractors here that are going to point fingers at the Browns apparr3nt fuck up.

Watson versus Baker is a valid debate. You may not like it, but is a valid debate.

My.concernis the continued, repeating problems that have been a staple since 1999.

We deserve better

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This is absolutely true.

But that doesn't mean nickers isn't right about some of the situation either. 

The Browns (Stefanski) have no idea how to utilize Watson, but that doesn't excuse his poor play across the board. 

Without Chubb, this IMO is going to get ugly. Stefanski without Chubb is a scary proposition. 

And I have no doubt that Baker will come crashing towards mediocrity as he always does, but since some on here seem obsessed with their Great White Dope, we'll have to hear about him for years to come. 

Good times! 🤪

The fan boys seem to think the Browns didn't know what they were doing when they sent Baker packing. They weren't inside the locker room and practices. I'm still honked off Baker kept trotting out there to play his last season in Cleveland when with that shoulder injury it was obviously affecting his play. And his career stats say to this point he's a pretty average QB...  Tia's been pointing out for years his shortcomings. Well I suppose right now, we'd prefer average quarterbacking as opposed the garbage Watson has shown us so far this year. 

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah Pickett is gawd awful...

& LOL, Watson is even worse, you have to go to page two in the QB stats on NFL.com to find him.  :(  

25 minutes ago, nickers said:

I judge QB's solely on performance.. And the numbers say Depud Watson is terrible..

Why don't you try to put things into context for a change before your douchiness starts to act up? Stonehand Bryant dropped a pass that hit him in the hands that resulted in an immediate seven points. I'm sure you can appreiciate the importance of that when you look back at the playoff game a couple years ago when the ball was hiked over Rothliberger's  head. Not to mention they're franchise player went down with a devastating knee injury how that might effect the team mentally. I'll admit Watson didn't play well but for fuck sake I think you can give him the benefit of the doubt.

17 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Last year's stats have absolutely no weight in this conversation. For instance......if the Browns win the SB this year, none of the shit before matters.

We live in the here and now. We are playing THIS season, not last season.

Browns fans have been second guessing our trades and cuts for our entire history......Warfield for Phipps.....Mitchell for Davis......Len Dawson....and on it goes.

Some of you guys are really emotional over this debate, but fuck dudes, in the event Baker outperforms Watson long term, it isn't just Watson detractors here that are going to point fingers at the Browns apparr3nt fuck up.

Watson versus Baker is a valid debate. You may not like it, but is a valid debate.

My.concernis the continued, repeating problems that have been a staple since 1999.

We deserve better

Go fuck yourself asshole.

If you want to have a circle jerk about Baker Mayfield then go ahead. You Baker losers enjoy splooging all over each other.

It does zero good to talk about quarterbacks who no longer play for the team. Baker, Johnny, Tim Couch. Who cares. I care about the team we currently have.

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Why don't you try to put things into context for a change before your douchiness starts to act up? Stonehand Bryant dropped a pass that hit him in the hands that resulted in an immediate seven points. I'm sure you can appreiciate the importance of that when you look back at the playoff game a couple years ago when the ball was hiked over Rothliberger's  head. Not to mention they're franchise player went down with a devastating knee injury how that might effect the team mentally. I'll admit Watson didn't play well but for fuck sake I think you can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Why don't you go hit a bong and sit this one out Julio...

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Regarding Watson's lousy play... Two games, and some folks are of the opinion he's going to totally suck the rest of the season. Maybe he will, and maybe he'll pull his head out of his ass and start playing like the Pro Bowl QB he was in Houston. Time will tell. And barring injury, he's going to be the starting QB the rest of the season. 

It's the way with fans everywhere in the NFL. When things go south, it's fire the head coach asap. And if the QB is playing poorly, the most popular player on the roster is the backup QB.  😉

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Uh oh, his douchiness is flaring up again. Someone may need to hold him down while it passes..............

Aww you mad poopsey?

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Watson's lousy play... Two games, and some folks are of the opinion he's going to totally suck the rest of the season. Maybe he will, and maybe he'll pull his head out of his ass and start playing like the Pro Bowl QB he was in Houston. Time will tell. And barring injury, he's going to be the starting QB the rest of the season. 

It's the way with fans everywhere in the NFL. When things go south, it's fire the head coach asap. And if the QB is playing poorly, the most popular player on the roster is the backup QB.  😉

I really don't think it's time to panic with Watson yet. I've seen all the shitty QB's that have come though here in the past 20 years and it's not time to panic yet. 

7 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Go fuck yourself asshole.

If you want yo have a circle jerk about Baker Mayfield then go ahead. You Baker losers enjoy splooging all over each other.

It does zero good to talk about quarterbacks who no longer play for the team. Baker, Johnny, Tim Couch. Who cares. I care about the team we currently have.

Now let's be fair  Berinie. Yeah, there's a Baker cult here, but I think Ghoolie was being pretty even handed about the situation. What's done is done, and it doesn't do much good moaning about players who are no longer with the team. I even alluded to Jarvis Landry and Jabril Peppers in another thread. Hey, I still have a Jamie Gillan t-shirt.  :)  

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

I really don't think it's time to panic with Watson yet. I've seen all the shitty QB's that have come though here in the past 20 years and it's not time to panic yet. 

Hmmm, Brady Quinn, Brandon We-done, Johnny Football, Deshone Kaiser... :D 

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

He's played in 8 games and hasn't produced squat... Stop the excuses.. He's not what he used to be...

Just now, nickers said:

He's played in 8 games and hasn't produced squat... Stop the excuses.. He's not what he used to be...

That may well be true. Exactly what Colin Cowturd said about him earlier today.  MHO nickers is there's certainly good reason for concern- especially now that Watson had an entire 2023 off season to rectify his less than stellar last six games of 2022. 

I'm not ready to throw him under the bus- YET.  If he's still playing like crap the middle of November, I'll start buying into the POV that the Browns made a humongous mistake backing up the Brinks truck for Deshaun.  

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Now let's be fair  Berinie. Yeah, there's a Baker cult here, but I think Ghoolie was being pretty even handed about the situation. What's done is done, and it doesn't do much good moaning about players who are no longer with the team. I even alluded to Jarvis Landry and Jabril Peppers in another thread. Hey, I still have a Jamie Gillan t-shirt.  :)  

I hear you hoorta. Every time Baker wins a game you see the flood of Baker losers bringing him up. Baker's gone, it's over, and Browns fans need to move past it. It's been two seasons now. Let's focus on what we do have and support THIS team. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

I hear you hoorta. Every time Baker wins a game you see the flood of Baker losers bringing him up. Baker's gone, it's over, and Browns fans need to move past it. It's been two seasons now. Let's focus on what we do have and support THIS team. 

Sorry but every time Watson stinks up the joint and Baker does well.. Were gonna keep reminding people... Thats just how it goes...

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That may well be true. Exactly what Colin Cowturd said about him earlier today.  MHO nickers is there's certainly good reason for concern- especially now that Watson had an entire 2023 off season to rectify his less than stellar last six games of 2022. 

I'm not ready to throw him under the bus- YET.  If he's still playing like crap the middle of November, I'll start buying into the POV that the Browns made a humongous mistake backing up the Brinks truck for Deshaun.  

Larry... I don't need to see till Nov to see this guy has lost it...

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Sorry but every time Watson stinks up the joint and Baker does well.. Were gonna keep reminding people... Thats just how it goes...

Do whatever you want nickers. I'm not obsessing about a former #1 overall bust who no longer plays for the Browns. When Baker wins a Super Bowl, then you can brag. 

-I believe we’ve seen Watson’s floor.  His timing is off and I don’t think he’s comfortable in Stefanski’s offense (yet).  I’ve seen some splash throws that have me believing he can get close to the level he was at in previous years.  I think his feet can be a weapon (when decides quickly and gets vertical).  He left 30-40 yards on the field last night with Scrambles on Steeler jailbreak blitzes.  The run and pass are part of his game- we don’t have pocket passing Drew Brees or Tom Brady here.  I know some of you draw up your QB that way.

-If he doesn’t perform as well as expected it will be Stefanski’s fault.  Expect him to be gone and the next HC will be tasked with finding a coach and play caller that can get the most out of Watson. 

-Win/Lose/Draw there is probably a 75-80% chance Watson is the Browns QB going into 2024.  

30 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Do whatever you want nickers. I'm not obsessing about a former #1 overall bust who no longer plays for the Browns. When Baker wins a Super Bowl, then you can brag. 

The odds of Baker being the "answer" in Tampa Bay are extremely long against him. I won't- and can't- dig up numbers, but IMHO I'd bet there's way less than 5 QB in NFL history who suddenly found long term success after 5 years of mediocrity in their first seasons.  I'd suggest looking up (career wise) what happened to "Philly Special" Nick Foles after he won the Super Bowl.   😉

Similarly, Baker had that one magical season- and I wouldn't count on him being able to repeat it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, darkside5 said:

They can't. It doesn't exist. The Texans knew what they had in him and it wasn't elite by any stretch of the imagination . You don't let an elite, franchise QB (another laughable attribute I've heard) go. They packaged him as a misunderstood victim targeted by some sirens who loved him up and turnt him into a horny toad,put a bow on him and sent him on his way. And who fell for it? The absolute dumbest most incompetent owner and front office in league history. The ONLY thing elevated since Watson's arrival is his bank account. 

And maybe a towel or 2. You gotta laugh 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I hope he’s their QB for the next decade.

He won’t be. They won’t put up with incompetence like the Browns do.