THE BROWNS BOARD

● --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson comments will go here, thank you. <--- ●

nickers

34 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Again, this is not the topic that I was addressing.

I am addressing cancel culture. I despise it. I despise anyone who seeks to silence someone else because words anger them.

So what if some think Watson is the worst QB in our history? So what, Larry?

What gives you or anyone else the right to determine how much skepticism of Watson is permitted on this board?

Would go up to a Browns/Mayfield loving fan in a bar and tell him to stop praising Mayfield or leave the bar?

Larry, c'mon, you are better than that. Even me, Ghoolie of Christmas past is better than that.

People should feel free to come in here and post whatever they believe about the Browns. An unpopular oponion does not constitue trolling.

A lot of guys are irritated by Baker lovers. A lot of guys are irritated by Watson lovers.

Let people post. Let people debate. Let people enjoy their Browns conversations however they see fit.

The least used feature of TBB is the scroll feature.

You're not the god of these boards. You're a douchebag who always has to be the smartest guy in the room. There's always one know-it-all jerk at work or a party. You're that guy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

I asked you a question friend, but appreciate the insult. Anyone can be a badass on an anonymous forum. Care to answer the question?

LOL please do not listen to a word nickers sez,he is a self proclaimed  know it all and really just a bitter human being

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Watson might beat some bad teams but he's never going to beat Pittsburgh or Baltimore. Nobody with a decent defense. Oh, and no Nick Chubb. Just the Ghost of Kareem Hunt. At least there's the draft! 

Oh wait. Tried to get a refund on Sunday Ticket but apparently it's nonrefundable. 😡

sucks for you man,go root for Buffalo

19 hours ago, Neo said:

There is a reason Baker Mayfield isn't here. They either thought he wouldn't be the same after his injury and/or thought he had reached his ceiling and wanted to move on. Regardless he is gone. End of story. 

The short attention spans around here conveniently seem to forget that in essence the Browns did what the Rams did a few years ago. Trading another #1 overall (Jared Goff) to the Lions- and couple first round and second round picks to get Matthew Stafford.  Browns thought the same of Mayfield. Should you need any proof that the Browns found Mayfield's skill set lacking, I'll direct you to the TON of Tia's all 22 breakdowns with the circles and arrows showing exactly why the Browns thought Baker wasn't the guy. 

6 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Larry, I say this with sincere respect to you. Your position on Mayfield talk is unhealthy. Who are you, or any of us to decide what is "off topic"?

If fans want to talk about this, who has the right to cancel them and punish them?

I have never witnessed you censoring, or taking offense to the Paul Warfield trade, and that is still alive today.

This type of thing always brought out the Ghoolie in me and set me into war with some of you.

If a person is not posting hate, vulgarity or violence, what is the harm? Posting a topic that makes other mad is a TOS violation?

I just don't get it, buddy. If people want to talk about Mayfield and make philosophical comments, so what? It is still Browns talk.

Honestly, I just cannot get a grip on why comments about football piss people off. Just scroll past it.

That wasn't my post ..

Really not any harm I suppose Tom.  But let me direct you to the title of this Forum THE BROWNS BOARD. I'll hijack a POV from Zombo, and earlier Stan himself- during the Brady Quinn war. Because it's The Browns Board, not the Baker Mayfield Homo Man Crush Forum.  :D :D :D & no, FWIW, it's NOT BROWNS talk either. Glad you brought up Paul Warfield, because Baker is only slightly more relevant to the Browns now than Paul Warfield... Or Jarvis Landry... Or Javedon Clowney... Or Jamie Gillian... Or the couple thousand other players who USED to play for the Browns. If they still want to love a guy who's on a fast track to backup QB status, then they can go on right ahead sucking his peepee. which brings me to the following...    

6 hours ago, nickers said:

We traded for a washed up POS of a human being QB who has stunk to high hell and that doesn't concern you?.. You need help... And now he's gonna miss games because he is weak minded and lost his composure... Thats not a Franchise QB .. Thats a freeloading POS!  Whose taking up a roster spot...

Oh, I totally GET that angle of the Watson hate. There's one guy in particular (not you nickers) who's played the morality card from the get go. He has a lot of company. I hope you realize Baker isn't exactly a saint either. Regarding Watson's massage encounters- I believe in second, or third chances. So far he's behaved himself. BTW, I've yet to hear where Deshaun is going to "miss" games?  Got a link for me on that one?  

Yeah, there's current (and a lot of former) Browns fans hoping Watson totally flops because of his past questionable morality. The classic cutting off your nose to spite your face. 🙄

5 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm a fan of the team.. That's reason enough to watch.. But this douche has done nothing to earn his exorbitant pay check...

The key word there is YET nickers. But you're apparently willing to give a second, third, or fourth chance to a guy who torpedoed a Browns season playing crippled, and blew dead worms playing for Carolina and the Rams last year. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The key word there is YET nickers. But you're apparently willing to give a second, third, or fourth chance to a guy who torpedoed a Browns season playing crippled, and blew dead worms playing for Carolina and the Rams last year. 

I've always been curious to why Baker got a complete pass by most people on here regarding the fact that he showed up to his second season fat and out of shape, which helped torpedo that season also. 

52 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I think we all know why that is hoorta.... 😉

But what I've wondered about regarding Watson for all offseason, how he would mentally deal with being universally hated, IMO came in to focus Monday night in Pittsburgh. 

I feel like the answer is "not well at all". 

And don't get me started regarding how bad a fit Watson and Stefanski appear to be. Stefanski isn't used to having a QB be the main focus, in his offense he's more of a game manager. 

I liked Baker because we started winning games and even the losses were fun because you were just waiting for him to pull something great off.

However, after he left I didn't miss him because he just wasn't consistent. I don't know if that's his fault or coaches or what, but it just didn't seem like he could get us over the hump.

My problem with Watson is what we paid and gave up for him. If he starts doing good then I hope he becomes worth it. In the meantime, we won a lot of good games with Brisset no one expected. Now that Watson is here we should be winning those games we fell short on, and hopefully the season plays out that way.

The Steeler game was ugly, 1st Chubb gets a gruesome injury then we just can't pull off the win. You would think after dealing with Watt in the past the Browns would have had a better way to deal with him. I refuse to think any player is that unstoppable when you know how good they are and you better prepare for them, at least not allow them to make almost every play lol.

I also hope Watson is not guilty of any of those crimes, that's as far as I'm looking into that.

As far as conversations go, people have a bad habit of painting everyone into a corner and being dicks about it. I'm with Ghoolie on this, he's made several attempts to be entertaining while trying to help everyone cool off. If everyone has to constantly be butt hurt because they think their opinion is the only thing that matters then have at it. I'll try and keep my conversations pointed at people who are talking like people I'd hang out with at the bar. And yes, I remember the old Ghoolie lol, we was entertaining back then as well even if he did become unhinged at times.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I am going to grab an oar in Horta's (Star.Trek Spelling) boat on this one.

For guys like us, it's intolerable to see a player blessed to be with the greatest team in the NFL, only to treat it and us like shit.

Mayfield had the adoration of all of us, and then his immaturity, selfishness, and just plain fucktardness shitcanned everything.

I am in Watson's corner. They don't hand out Lombardi for 2-0. We have 18 more games to play before hoisting the trophy.

Two games are just not enough to know jack shit. Watson needs a chance to purge all the bullshit and find his stride with ShitMyPantski. I am down with it.

I believe at some point this team and Watson are going to gel. 

While I do find the topic of Watson and Browns versus Mayfield to be amusing. I sure as fuck don't wish we still.had Mayfield. Honestly, his bullshit fucked the Browns over.

I think Mayfield will become Mayfield. As the games mean more, n his lack of.character will cause him to fail.again

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

The short attention spans around here conveniently seem to forget that in essence the Browns did what the Rams did a few years ago. Trading another #1 overall (Jared Goff) to the Lions- and couple first round and second round picks to get Matthew Stafford.  Browns thought the same of Mayfield. Should you need any proof that the Browns found Mayfield's skill set lacking, I'll direct you to the TON of Tia's all 22 breakdowns with the circles and arrows showing exactly why the Browns thought Baker wasn't the guy. 

That wasn't my post ..

Really not any harm I suppose Tom.  But let me direct you to the title of this Forum THE BROWNS BOARD. I'll hijack a POV from Zombo, and earlier Stan himself- during the Brady Quinn war. Because it's The Browns Board, not the Baker Mayfield Homo Man Crush Forum.  :D :D :D & no, FWIW, it's NOT BROWNS talk either. Glad you brought up Paul Warfield, because Baker is only slightly more relevant to the Browns now than Paul Warfield... Or Jarvis Landry... Or Javedon Clowney... Or Jamie Gillian... Or the couple thousand other players who USED to play for the Browns. If they still want to love a guy who's on a fast track to backup QB status, then they can go on right ahead sucking his peepee. which brings me to the following...    

Oh, I totally GET that angle of the Watson hate. There's one guy in particular (not you nickers) who's played the morality card from the get go. He has a lot of company. I hope you realize Baker isn't exactly a saint either. Regarding Watson's massage encounters- I believe in second, or third chances. So far he's behaved himself. BTW, I've yet to hear where Deshaun is going to "miss" games?  Got a link for me on that one?  

Yeah, there's current (and a lot of former) Browns fans hoping Watson totally flops because of his past questionable morality. The classic cutting off your nose to spite your face. 🙄

He pushed a ref Larry... He might get time for that..

7 hours ago, syd said:

sucks for you man,go root for Buffalo

Fortunately he is one of my two QBs in FF league. I didn't take DW. In fact no one in my league took him. Picking last this year someone got Nick before I could, so I didn't get burned there. BTW they recommend sitting Tannehill against the Browns D this week. Say he will be running for his life most downs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've always been curious to why Baker got a complete pass by most people on here regarding the fact that he showed up to his second season fat and out of shape, which helped torpedo that season also.

He was preparing for that "At Home" Halloween commercial is all. Ate all the candy and had to squirt shit on Doritos instead. 😋

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jax said:

As far as conversations go, people have a bad habit of painting everyone into a corner and being dicks about it. I'm with Ghoolie on this, he's made several attempts to be entertaining while trying to help everyone cool off. If everyone has to constantly be butt hurt because they think their opinion is the only thing that matters then have at it. I'll try and keep my conversations pointed at people who are talking like people I'd hang out with at the bar. And yes, I remember the old Ghoolie lol, we was entertaining back then as well even if he did become unhinged at times.

You've been on this board since April.

How exactly do you remember "old Ghoolie"?

18 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Like TO said many moons ago..."that's my quarterback"

Not sure he can turn this around. His brain isn't processing the reads fast enough. Is that something he can get back?

No, it's not something he can get back. Watson is very much a "see open, throw to open" qb now and doesn't trust his eyes. He doesn't even trust them when he rolls out and has a guy right in front of him for 5 yards, yet continues to hold it. 

The other problem I haven't seen mentioned as much is that he's nowhere near as fast as he used to be. He can't escape like a couple years ago and I think it's frustrating him. I believe it's why be had the two facemask penalties...he's frustrated that he can't do what he used to. 

So you're now talking about a scared qb who can't throw with anticipation, has the worst deep ball rating in the league, probably fewest td passes from a starter, multiple turnovers, multiple turnovers that were defensive touchdowns, terrible completion percentage, reduced escapability, and now coming apart at the seams by committing the dumbest facemask penalties I've ever seen. 

Can he turn it around? Nothing is impossible, but he looks pretty bad to me. And now he has to do it without Chubb, probably forever. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jax said:

You would think after dealing with Watt in the past the Browns would have had a better way to deal with him. I refuse to think any player is that unstoppable when you know how good they are and you better prepare for them, at least not allow them to make almost every play lol.

You bring up a good point.

I remember a couple of years ago in Pittsburgh when Watt was making Hudson our RT his personal bitch.

I believe he sacked BM like 7 or 8 times, and Kev didn’t have an answer for him.

Fast forward to this year, and I saw a couple of times where we actually had a TE trying to block him. 😂

You would think that our resident HC masquerading as our OC would have some kind of strategy to minimize Watt’s pass rush.

After Chubb’s departure, they just pinned their ears back and came after DW.

They were prime for some type of screen play, misdirection, draw play….whatever.

But we saw none of that, which is another reason I’m losing faith in Stefanski.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

No, it's not something he can get back. Watson is very much a "see open, throw to open" qb now and doesn't trust his eyes. He doesn't even trust them when he rolls out and has a guy right in front of him for 5 yards, yet continues to hold it. 

The other problem I haven't seen mentioned as much is that he's nowhere near as fast as he used to be. He can't escape like a couple years ago and I think it's frustrating him. I believe it's why be had the two facemask penalties...he's frustrated that he can't do what he used to. 

So you're now talking about a scared qb who can't throw with anticipation, has the worst deep ball rating in the league, probably fewest td passes from a starter, multiple turnovers, multiple turnovers that were defensive touchdowns, terrible completion percentage, reduced escapability, and now coming apart at the seams by committing the dumbest facemask penalties I've ever seen. 

Can he turn it around? Nothing is impossible, but he looks pretty bad to me. And now he has to do it without Chubb, probably forever. 

I have a hunch the opposition is really giving him a ton of trash talk, can't imagine what that's about lol. 

The fan in me is rooting for him, yet the fan in me realizes this might lead to a disaster & another rebuild.

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I remember a couple of years ago in Pittsburgh when Watt was making Hudson our RT his personal bitch.

I believe he sacked BM like 7 or 8 times, and Kev didn’t have an answer for him.

Fast forward to this year, and I saw a couple of times where we actually had a TE trying to block him. 😂

You would think that our resident HC masquerading as our OC would have some kind of strategy to minimize Watt’s pass rush.

They were prime for some type of screen play, misdirection, draw play….whatever.

We lost to a bad team Monday.

We had to gameplan for TWO guys.  They had one of their best WRs out. They’re best defensive lineman out.  They are playing the wrong RB, Waddell is > than Harris.  They are weak at the QB spot.  They have a DB that was caught by Father Time before this year.  I can go on….Not even sour grapes.

We have Kevin Panic Stefanski calling plays.  The Steeler way is making you one dimensional and if you make yourself one dimensional makes their job easier.  

TJ apparently knew our play on their last TD

I shake my head when I hear fellow Browns fans claim we don’t have talent. 

15 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We lost to a bad team Monday.

We had to gameplan for TWO guys.  They had one of their best WRs out. They’re best defensive lineman out.  They are playing the wrong RB, Waddell is > than Harris.  They are weak at the QB spot.  They have a DB that was caught by Father Time before this year.  I can go on….Not even sour grapes.

We have Kevin Panic Stefanski calling plays.  The Steeler way is making you one dimensional and if you make yourself one dimensional makes their job easier.  

TJ apparently knew our play on their last TD

I shake my head when I hear fellow Browns fans claim we don’t have talent. 

Yep, we lost to a team with an offense that’s worse than the Browns.

That’s quite an accomplishment.

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

What a game plan!   That game was a train wreck on offense!  I feel bad for our defense!

Our 2 Offensive Tackles played Olay all night.  Did anyone watch the sum of that begin with Alex Highsmith's strip sack of Watson (after Wills whiffed at the line of scrimmage) which sent to ball right to TJ Watt without breaking stride.  NEITHER of our Tackles slowed either guy nor did they give an impressive attempt to do so.

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

What a game plan!   That game was a train wreck on offense!  I feel bad for our defense!

Our 2 Offensive Tackles played Olay all night.  Did anyone watch the sum of that begin with Alex Highsmith's strip sack of Watson (after Wills whiffed at the line of scrimmage) which sent to ball right to TJ Watt without breaking stride.  NEITHER of our Tackles slowed either guy nor did they give an impressive attempt to do so.

I thought Ghoolie said a while back you can get those big fat guys for nothing and do just fine. Who knew they were doubling as bull fighters?😉

16 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Well the $230 million dollar question is WHY Watson is currently playing like Brandon Weedon on a bad day. His stats to date don't lie, and they're abysmal. He's not hurt. You can't blame two seasons of rust or an injury anymore. 

Mental? Lack of confidence? Trying too hard? 

Well, we had better start seeing drastic improvement soon, or my 9-8 prediction for the Browns this season is looking pretty good.  

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

His stats to date don't lie, and they're abysmal. He's not hurt. You can't blame two seasons of rust or an injury anymore. 

Could you image how bad this offense would have looked if Amari Cooper had not played thru his groin injury Monday? (Yikes)

Coop is now on this weeks injury report also, with a shoulder issue   

Why would a struggling offensive head coach/play-caller, continue to give Vet's a day off after that BS performance?

Njoku don't need to practice with Watson after that 💩show?  Titans/ at Ravens...than Week 4 Bye week  🤔

F6k90S_WAAEPXue.jpg.c33991214170b9dbee5b4a272a7ed281.jpg

ya may want to add poor coaching decisions ?

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well the $230 million dollar question is WHY Watson is currently playing like Brandon Weedon on a bad day. His stats to date don't lie, and they're abysmal. He's not hurt. You can't blame two seasons of rust or an injury anymore. 

Well, we had better start seeing drastic improvement soon, or my 9-8 prediction for the Browns this season is looking pretty good.  

I said 7-10/8-9