THE BROWNS BOARD

● --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson comments will go here, thank you. <--- ●

nickers

• Zombo unpinned this topic
19 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

If Deshaun continues to play like he did against Tennessee the browns are finally contenders. We'll see. Go browns. 

Only WEEK 3 and a host of tough games ahead  -BUT- that was an impressive game.   On to WEEK 4 !  

Time to repeat the WEEK 3 showing.     GO BROWNS  !

The 2 teams Baker & the Bucs beat are both 0-3.  The Bucs just played their 1st playoff caliber opponent at home and lost by 2 TDs.  

Since Baker was a 1st overall pick in 2018 for the Browns - there's still too many questions today about his ability to ever compete with the types of QBs that will be winning in the playoffs.  

As we've already seen - they're not going to be any more patient with the 230 million $ man either.  

If anyone wants to feel sorry for a QB - watch the Chicago Bears play...

• Thanks 1

I don't want to diminish what Watson did against Tennessee, but honestly, I need to see it against our division rivals. Do it against Pittsburgh, instead of losing the game. Do it against Baltimore, or even Cincy. Our defense can't bail us out every week. Play well vs Baltimore and we're onto something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't want to diminish what Watson did against Tennessee, but honestly, I need to see it against our division rivals. Do it against Pittsburgh, instead of losing the game. Do it against Baltimore, or even Cincy. Our defense can't bail us out every week. Play well vs Baltimore and we're onto something. 

1 week at a time. It's okay to enjoy the week we're in.  A 17 game football season isn't a sprint - it's an opportunity to learn from mistakes and grow as a football team.  When the Browns win - they see their preparation and hard work paying off. Hopefully they can string together a bunch of wins.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

1 week at a time. It's okay to enjoy the week we're in.  A 17 game football season isn't a sprint - it's an opportunity to learn from mistakes and grow as a football team.  When the Browns win - they see their preparation and hard work paying off. Hopefully they can string together a bunch of wins.

I think that's totally OK. Would it be nice to play against a soft defensive front for once? Yes, yes it would, but that ain't Ravens and ain't 49's, lol. It's gonna be ugly and you just KNOW Clowney is going to be ALL over us in the worst way. 

What impressed me the most from Watson against the Titans was his accuracy and his throws in system. He has a 2nd and 12 to the sideline for 15 that was just perfect. Nothing fancy, but a supreme in rhythm throw, and his deep balls were all on point, regardless of how open his dudes were. For Watson to play well again, we have to block better (ahem, Jed) and Watson needs to take care of the ball. We do that, and we'll win. 

Expects to play but how well will he throw it? CAN he throw it? Man...not great, but still has two days rest otw. That's a ton in nfl life. 

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Expects to play but how well will he throw it? CAN he throw it? Man...not great, but still has two days rest otw. That's a ton in nfl life. 

Or  NOTICE :  [ QUARTERBACK WITH A BANGED UP SHOULDER ] that can put some  QBs on the bench.

SO who's the #2 QB ?  Is he ready to rock & roll ?   

28 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Or  NOTICE :  [ QUARTERBACK WITH A BANGED UP SHOULDER ] that can put some  QBs on the bench.

SO who's the #2 QB ?  Is he ready to rock & roll ?   

Steelers Titans Ravens 49ers…it doesn’t get more black and blue than that stretch of games.

DTR is the next guy up. He had Kenny Pickett level preseason greatness.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, syd said:

he will be ready to go, I mean jeez he get's the next week off

I'm pretty certain Watson won't play. With the bye week otw and the physical nature of the Ravens, as well as learning from Baker's injury which is a similar situation...I think you can't play him. Maybe your defense wins the game, maybe you lose, but you can't play Watson IMO. Long season and if he can't THROW...he can't play. 

22 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm pretty certain Watson won't play. With the bye week otw and the physical nature of the Ravens, as well as learning from Baker's injury which is a similar situation...I think you can't play him. Maybe your defense wins the game, maybe you lose, but you can't play Watson IMO. Long season and if he can't THROW...he can't play. 

images.jpg.ecebf650532a102e9b903a923785b2a8.jpg  "a Shoulder Bruise has nothing in similarity to said QB"

take to morning warm-ups & play teams best QB options..

On 9/26/2023 at 1:32 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

This is perhaps my last Watson v Mayfield comment, not that I was active in this comparison at all.

Mayfield looked like Mayfield last night. If anyone is pining for this guy, they are goofy.

I'd like to see Mayfield succeed with the Bucs.

They can't run the ball well, though....

Interestingly:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bucs-offense-14th-epa-per-215851185.html

"

The offense is particularly impressive when its main weakness in running the ball is eliminated from the equation. The Bucs are sixth in the NFL in dropback EPA, meaning that their passing game by advanced metrics is only worse than the Dallas Cowboys (fifth), the Los Angeles Chargers (fourth), the Buffalo Bills (third), the Miami Dolphins (second) and the San Francisco 49ers (first).

Tampa Bay’s rush EPA remains its biggest weakness, as it is 26th in the NFL in that metric with a -0.195 rush EPA/play."

On 9/29/2023 at 3:13 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Steelers Titans Ravens 49ers…it doesn’t get more black and blue than that stretch of games.

DTR is the next guy up. He had Kenny Pickett level preseason greatness.  

Time for the Cleveland BROWNS defense to find itself  yet  again and do something to win a few games...... again.  That would be nice.   :)

On 9/26/2023 at 10:32 AM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

This is perhaps my last Watson v Mayfield comment, not that I was active in this comparison at all.

Mayfield looked like Mayfield last night. If anyone is pining for this guy, they are goofy.

i saw him on the macafee show today,he still has his sense of humor