THE BROWNS BOARD

● --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson comments will go here, thank you. <--- ●

nickers

Well kids..

You all know I was not a fan of this trade.. And as I feared.. We got duped again... Deshaun Watson will never be a pocket QB.. He's just another gadget QB who simply does not make anyone around him better.. He looked lost.. Confused.. And was holding on to the ball way too long.. He cost the team a win by producing Two facemask penalties, one interception and two fumbles... This falls on our shit QB Mr.Peepee! I have never heard of a QB getting two face mask penalty calls in a single game.. This is an embarrassment... Jimmy... I implore you.. Cut the chord with Kevvy and this garbage QB... Fans deserve better than this shit!

Signed, Disgruntled fan in Cle!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, nickers said:

Well kids..

You all know I was not a fan of this trade.. And as I feared.. We got duped again... Deshaun Watson will never be a pocket QB.. He's just another gadget QB who simply does not make anyone around him better.. He looked lost.. Confused.. And was holding on to the ball way too long.. He cost the team a win by producing Two facemask penalties, one interception and two fumbles... This falls on our shit QB Mr.Peepee! I have never heard of a QB getting two face mask penalty calls in a single game.. This is an embarrassment... Jimmy... I implore you.. Cut the chord with Kevvy and this garbage QB... Fans deserve better than this shit!

I think more of the blame should go on Jimmy Haslam and his absolute refusal to acknowledge that he sucks at talent evaluation. He brought in Manziel over his front office's objections; it wouldn't surprise me to find out he was the main driver behind bringing in Watson on that god awful contract.

Haslam needs to be loaded into a cannon and sent into orbit.

25 minutes ago, nickers said:

Well kids..

You're such a fucking douche.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I think more of the blame should go on Jimmy Haslam and his absolute refusal to acknowledge that he sucks at talent evaluation. He brought in Manziel over his front office's objections; it wouldn't surprise me to find out he was the main driver behind bringing in Watson on that god awful contract.

Haslam needs to be loaded into a cannon and sent into orbit.

I totally agree...

29 minutes ago, nickers said:

Well kids..

Yeah, I'm with you that Watson had one of the most disgusting games I've ever seen in a long time by a Browns QB.  However, I'm not throwing the towel in on him- YET.  this was a guy who not so long ago had a 70% completion percentage, and passed for 4,800 yards. That's sort of hard to ignore. 

& FWIW, we're stuck with your garbage for the next year or two to the tune of $150+ million the Browns will have to eat if they admit he's truly a bum. :( 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, I'm with you that Watson had one of the most disgusting games I've ever seen in a long time by a Browns QB.  However, I'm not throwing the towel in on him- YET.  this was a guy who not so long ago had a 70% completion percentage, and passed for 4,800 yards. That's sort of hard to ignore. 

& FWIW, we're stuck with your garbage for the next year or two to the tune of $150+ million the Browns will have to eat if they admit he's truly a bum. :( 

I'm also with you on this one Larry. There are variables that apply. Do we have a mismatch in game plan and QB ability? Is this something Watson needs game time to rise above?

I know 2 things for sure. The Browns need a QB, and economics dictates that Watson is going most likely get the entire 2023-24 season to shine or fizzle.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I'm also with you on this one Larry. There are variables that apply. Do we have a mismatch in game plan and QB ability? Is this something Watson needs game time to rise above?

I know 2 things for sure. The Browns need a QB, and economics dictates that Watson is going most likely get the entire 2023-24 season to shine or fizzle.

He's already fizzled!...

F6XBf-TXcAAkDt0.jpg

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh lord, here goes Nickers again... with no underlying bias...

Here goes Woody again with Watson's cock from his ass to his mouth...

Baker is my guy and it tares me apart that he gone gone but to be fair;

I can't blame Watson for Berry, Haslam and Stefanskis lack of loyalty, wishy washyness or plain stupidity. To be fair Watson turned them down originally until they dangled the keys to the city and the future in front of his face. A little bit is on him because he should know or should have factored in that a contract of that magnitude will inevitably create voids at other positions that could have been more fortified had his contract been more team friendly. He no doubt must play better to validate that kind of a contract but it is what it is and there's no going back now; so I will reserve judgement it on him in time.

I wouldn't say he not a pocket passer. I think he is good to very good. I think he's better than Lamar Jackson just not as fast or quick. Like he can move and he's pretty evasive but that's the double edge part of the sword that cuts both ways. Where Baker knows he's not outrunning so he's got to be perfect in the pocket to have succes whereas Watson has enough speed to get out of some situations, but not all. He does do a great jobs of getting his eyes back down field while he's moving around. His awareness of just running and getting what he can and getting down, avoiding the hits and glancing blows when it's not necessary. 

The facemask shenanigans I addressed in the GameDay thread. I think he's got to be aware of the types of games the Steelers play but that will come rather quickly. Hopefully next time he plants his palm on their forehead. 

The interception was on the TE. He had his hands on it he just bobbled it and they got a lucky break on the tipped ball. And on the strip sack that LT got toasted, and the way that jacked up roided hillbilly Watt was playing I can't fault him for never seeing that guy flying up behind him. That was a bad break for us but you seen it all night the way PIT punches at the ball and they are so lucky with the amount of times that it actually knocks the ball lose. They got Njoku the same way just before he was down. They also got despite and the think there was another time as well. Got to be aware of that aspect and it's just in the Steelers nature. It's really sickening that they have that much success doing that. 

Losing Chubb so early and those two fluke fumbles really is the only reason Pittsburgh was even remotely in this game... it should have been a blowout. 

Watson had some amazing passes out there. That WR from Dallas is as good a WR as we've ever had. But Pits got away with some grabs and PIs tonight no doubt. He should have been picked off on that deep ball but the PIT guy dropped it. I think we'll get there but don't think the Play action had the same effect without Chubb. Berry better be working on getting Hunt a deal, better yet, he better be slaving over a hot stove and greeting Hunt with some breakfast right now.

It doesn't help that Baker is waking up feeling dangerous while we're here shittin the bed.

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Well kids..

I also agree. He lost this game. He doesn’t even look close to what he was in Houston. And as far as a runner, he’s not good at that either.  

He looks, dare I say it, SKITTISH

YUCK!!!!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, worst fears are being realized. All they need is a QB to be slightly above average, like the Jets.

DW had a game to forget. The O line's pass protection was crap as well for the most part.

Damnit. The Browns looked like the better team. Watson isn't seeing the field.

5 hours ago, Neo said:

You're such a fucking douche.

This is absolutely true.

But that doesn't mean nickers isn't right about some of the situation either. 

The Browns (Stefanski) have no idea how to utilize Watson, but that doesn't excuse his poor play across the board. 

Without Chubb, this IMO is going to get ugly. Stefanski without Chubb is a scary proposition. 

And I have no doubt that Baker will come crashing towards mediocrity as he always does, but since some on here seem obsessed with their Great White Dope, we'll have to hear about him for years to come. 

Good times! 🤪

He's pure garbage. And so is Stefanski. I stood up for him for sooooo long but can't anymore. I hope he's fired today, I really do. Season is over anyway, right? No Chubb, no qb, and no future. All you fucking had to do was fair catch a fucking PUNT and not turn it over and you'd WIN. You'd fucking win. But this team can't do that, they're so totally inept and saturated with failure they can't HELP IT. Our coach called a fucking play action, deep drop play against THESE ENDS? 

I'm done and I hope others are too. And I know I'm upset with what happened with my favorite player, but it doesn't matter anymore. Dismantle everything. This team isn't going to win against Ravens or Pittsburgh. They can't score. 

8 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

He's pure garbage. And so is Stefanski. I stood up for him for sooooo long but can't anymore. I hope he's fired today, I really do. Season is over anyway, right? No Chubb, no qb, and no future. All you fucking had to do was fair catch a fucking PUNT and not turn it over and you'd WIN. You'd fucking win. But this team can't do that, they're so totally inept and saturated with failure they can't HELP IT. Our coach called a fucking play action, deep drop play against THESE ENDS? 

I'm done and I hope others are too. And I know I'm upset with what happened with my favorite player, but it doesn't matter anymore. Dismantle everything. This team isn't going to win against Ravens or Pittsburgh. They can't score. 

I'd like to argue but I'm not going to. 

I predicted a 7-10 season even with obvious upgrades in need areas and the coaching staff.

What you wrote is why. This team is mentally weak and the culture of losing is strong. Stefanski isn't the answer to fix this.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

All I have heard from most fans, the local media, and plenty of posters on this board, is how Watson is an elite qb, top 5 in the NFL, BLAH BLAH BLAH....For those of you who still believe that, in the 8 games he's played, please give me one example...an offensive series.... that would even suggest that he has that potential. 

4 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

All I have heard from most fans, the local media, and plenty of posters on this board, is how Watson is an elite qb, top 5 in the NFL, BLAH BLAH BLAH....For those of you who still believe that, in the 8 games he's played, please give me one example...an offensive series.... that would even suggest that he has that potential. 

Yeah…I never believed in the hype surrounding DW.

We paid for a Porsche but got a Volkswagen.

As a Browns fan, I hope he improves.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

They can't. It doesn't exist. The Texans knew what they had in him and it wasn't elite by any stretch of the imagination . You don't let an elite, franchise QB (another laughable attribute I've heard) go. They packaged him as a misunderstood victim targeted by some sirens who loved him up and turnt him into a horny toad,put a bow on him and sent him on his way. And who fell for it? The absolute dumbest most incompetent owner and front office in league history. The ONLY thing elevated since Watson's arrival is his bank account. 

We only have 5-6 more years of Watson. We've effectively lost 3 entire decades of nfl football. I would never wish injury on anyone, anyone, but Watson will get banged up and we'll get to see DTR. I'm sure DTR will struggle, but it'll be fun to watch. 

Btw, don't look at Baker's numbers, although Baker plays Philly Sunday and will get his comeuppance. 

7 hours ago, nickers said:

He's already fizzled!...

F6XBf-TXcAAkDt0.jpg

I'm a Bucs and Browns fan. While I admit baker has looked good thru the first two games, we all know what's coming. It's not a question of if. It's a question of when.

Last night was my first opportunity to see Watson this year. Not impressed at all 😕

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This is absolutely true.

But that doesn't mean nickers isn't right about some of the situation either. 

The Browns (Stefanski) have no idea how to utilize Watson, but that doesn't excuse his poor play across the board. 

Without Chubb, this IMO is going to get ugly. Stefanski without Chubb is a scary proposition. 

And I have no doubt that Baker will come crashing towards mediocrity as he always does, but since some on here seem obsessed with their Great White Dope, we'll have to hear about him for years to come. 

Good times! 🤪

Baker would have been just as bad or worse against the Steelers last night. He will shit on himself multiple times this season against better competition.

• Upvote 1

Yea Watson is trash. Will he suddenly become elite again, seems unlikely.

I don’t understand the excuses last week either, everybody talks like it was a huge blizzard with white out conditions. It was a light drizzle. 

I’m not very optimistic that we’ll see dramatically better qb play all of a sudden, Watson had numerous games by now and a full training camp. Kevski may not be the best at scheming to his strengths, but baker had his best season under Kevin and even Jacoby brisket looked competent in this offense.

no excuses for the guy, he’s just playing like ass and we’re stuck with him.

13 minutes ago, Turkey Jones said:

He's just competing trying to take advantage of an opportunity. 

Oh, that wasn't what I meant. He doesn't deserve it, I just meant the competition grows very stiff next week, that's all. 

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Can I spew some positive in this thread?  The last 15 hours have been brutal. 

After watching Ben R. Beat us down for decades…the Steelers obviously didn’t make the right choice with Kenny P.  

Yeah Pickett is gawd awful...