THE BROWNS BOARD

● --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson comments will go here, thank you. <--- ●

nickers

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Like TO said many moons ago..."that's my quarterback"

Not sure he can turn this around. His brain isn't processing the reads fast enough. Is that something he can get back?

Nope... He's done...

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

Nope... He's done...

If he is, prepare for another regime change. It was an unnecessary gamble.

Go Browns

PS- Titans are horrible in pass coverage. Now is the time

6 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Oh, I understand how this could raise a pulse rate or two, but the reality is that you and I don't get to decide when the conversation is over, and regardless of what we want, this story still has potential wings.

C'mon Larry, if Watson busts at 1/4 $billion, and Baker goes to the playoffs, these TV assholes will jump on this story and again, our franchise will be ridiculed.

I don't like this one bit, but I think it is a bit over the top to attack those who post things we don't like or agree with.

1) Fair enough. If the Baker fan club is creaming their pants over a couple good games Mayfield had, you have to know the first really bad game Baker has (and he is going to have one, or more than one) they're going to get paid back in spades. 

2) As to the Browns franchise being ridiculed- it already has been ridiculed, and is currently being ridiculed. As I mentioned somewhere Colin Cowherd went on a 10 minute diatribe yesterday about what a shitilly run and dumb ass player acquisition (both draft and trades) the Browns have been.  And to a point- he's 100% correct.  Unless Watson improves his play by orders of magnitude, and reverts to the pro bowl form he demonstrated with the Texans, it's going to go down as one of the worst- if not THE worst trade in NFL history. 

3) I do still have Mod powers, though I gave up talking football here for months (I had my reasons). In that vein, my personal POV is harping and carping about a player who hasn't been on the Browns roster since 2021 is pretty much off topic. My gosh- let's be objective. Mayfield stunk last year playing for Carolina and the Rams. His base contract with the Buccaneers is $1.7 million  (there are incentives) that's not even what decent backup QBs in the league are getting paid.  It would be like me whining that no team has picked up Jarvis Landry for 2023. 

So sure, I'll let the Baker fan club keep on loving their guy. Not very rational though IMHO. They're not going to quit until he's out of the league. Which may not be for a very long time. His starting gig with Tampa is probably his last, but he still could have a very long NFL career as a backup. Our old pal Colt McCoy is still hanging around.  :)  

• Upvote 1

Sad thing is I think some people want Watson to struggle just so they can say "Look! Told you it was a bad trade!' Pretty immature tbh. He is not been the best by any means, but I will keep on saying  it is not all on him; Stefanski needs to take a lot of the blame also for not calling plays that align with his strengths. OL was not the best on Monday night either.

Ridiculous for people to call for DTR already smh. Not ready, and ffs we are only 2 games in also. And, do people really think he would fare any better than Watson with the dude we have calling plays? Don't really think so.

I have put before that Mayfield was overly hated by some factions here and even after, especially when I thought he was decent enough. But, he is gone now and his cult or fan club or whatever you want to call them, need to come to that realization unless they know how to build a fucking DeLorean and somehow make it where he never left.

Watson is the guy, even keep the faith that he will get it together, or don't watch the team anymore. Really is that simple. I am all for people can have opinions about the team, that's what fans do, but you would have sworn he was the worst fucking QB to every take snaps for the Browns going by some of the comments.

Does he need to play better especially with the money we are giving him? Absolutely, no argument there. Is their really any point in continuing to bash the dude and the team as a whole in the meantime? Nope.

34 minutes ago, hoorta said:

1) Fair enough. If the Baker fan club is creaming their pants over a couple good games Mayfield had, you have to know the first really bad game Baker has (and he is going to have one, or more than one) they're going to get paid back in spades. 

2) As to the Browns franchise being ridiculed- it already has been ridiculed, and is currently being ridiculed. As I mentioned somewhere Colin Cowherd went on a 10 minute diatribe yesterday about what a shitilly run and dumb ass player acquisition (both draft and trades) the Browns have been.  And to a point- he's 100% correct.  Unless Watson improves his play by orders of magnitude, and reverts to the pro bowl form he demonstrated with the Texans, it's going to go down as one of the worst- if not THE worst trade in NFL history. 

3) I do still have Mod powers, though I gave up talking football here for months (I had my reasons). In that vein, my personal POV is harping and carping about a player who hasn't been on the Browns roster since 2021 is pretty much off topic. My gosh- let's be objective. Mayfield stunk last year playing for Carolina and the Rams. His base contract with the Buccaneers is $1.7 million  (there are incentives) that's not even what decent backup QBs in the league are getting paid.  It would be like me whining that no team has picked up Jarvis Landry for 2023. 

So sure, I'll let the Baker fan club keep on loving their guy. Not very rational though IMHO. They're not going to quit until he's out of the league. Which may not be for a very long time. His starting gig with Tampa is probably his last, but he still could have a very long NFL career as a backup. Our old pal Colt McCoy is still hanging around.  :)  

Larry, I say this with sincere respect to you. Your position on Mayfield talk is unhealthy. Who are you, or any of us to decide what is "off topic"?

If fans want to talk about this, who has the right to cancel them and punish them?

I have never witnessed you censoring, or taking offense to the Paul Warfield trade, and that is still alive today.

This type of thing always brought out the Ghoolie in me and set me into war with some of you.

If a person is not posting hate, vulgarity or violence, what is the harm? Posting a topic that makes other mad is a TOS violation?

I just don't get it, buddy. If people want to talk about Mayfield and make philosophical comments, so what? It is still Browns talk.

Honestly, I just cannot get a grip on why comments about football piss people off. Just scroll past it.

17 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

Sad thing is I think some people want Watson to struggle just so they can say "Look! Told you it was a bad trade!' Pretty immature tbh. He is not been the best by any means, but I will keep on saying  it is not all on him; Stefanski needs to take a lot of the blame also for not calling plays that align with his strengths. OL was not the best on Monday night either.

Ridiculous for people to call for DTR already smh. Not ready, and ffs we are only 2 games in also. And, do people really think he would fare any better than Watson with the dude we have calling plays? Don't really think so.

I have put before that Mayfield was overly hated by some factions here and even after, especially when I thought he was decent enough. But, he is gone now and his cult or fan club or whatever you want to call them, need to come to that realization unless they know how to build a fucking DeLorean and somehow make it where he never left.

Watson is the guy, even keep the faith that he will get it together, or don't watch the team anymore. Really is that simple. I am all for people can have opinions about the team, that's what fans do, but you would have sworn he was the worst fucking QB to every take snaps for the Browns going by some of the comments.

Does he need to play better especially with the money we are giving him? Absolutely, no argument there. Is their really any point in continuing to bash the dude and the team as a whole in the meantime? Nope.

We traded for a washed up POS of a human being QB who has stunk to high hell and that doesn't concern you?.. You need help... And now he's gonna miss games because he is weak minded and lost his composure... Thats not a Franchise QB .. Thats a freeloading POS!  Whose taking up a roster spot...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

We traded for a washed up POS of a human being QB who has stunk to high hell and that doesn't concern you?.. You need help... And now he's gonna miss games because he is weak minded and lost his composure... Thats not a Franchise QB .. Thats a freeloading POS!  Whose taking up a roster spot...

Never said I wasn't concerned about how he has played pal, I am just saying no point in continuing to bash the dude as we are not gonna bench him for a rookie. And we are not taking about his personal life, that has nothing to do with this.

Watson might beat some bad teams but he's never going to beat Pittsburgh or Baltimore. Nobody with a decent defense. Oh, and no Nick Chubb. Just the Ghost of Kareem Hunt. At least there's the draft! 

Oh wait. Tried to get a refund on Sunday Ticket but apparently it's nonrefundable. 😡

4 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

Never said I wasn't concerned about how he has played pal, I am just saying no point in continuing to bash the dude as we are not gonna bench him for a rookie. And we are not taking about his personal life, that has nothing to do with this.

It has everything to do with it..  He's a scum bag whose mind definitely isnt on football right now...

8 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

I asked you a question friend, but appreciate the insult. Anyone can be a badass on an anonymous forum. Care to answer the question?

Well if you have followed along the last 24 + months or so ,  You wouldn't need me to tell you.. This guy is so far gone he's washed up... He's absolute garbage and is definitely not the same guy he was in Houston.. He's Tiger woods Part Deaux!

2 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

We will agree to disagree pal. I will keep the faith he will get his act together.

He won't... He's got $250 million reasons not to.. The Browns got raped by a selfish pervert...

Just now, nickers said:

He won't... He's got $250 million reasons not to.. The Browns got raped by a selfish pervert...

You can't 100 percent say that and I can't 100 percent say he will either. But again, all we can do is keep the faith that he will. Otherwise, what's the point of even watching the games going forward?

6 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

You can't 100 percent say that and I can't 100 percent say he will either. But again, all we can do is keep the faith that he will. Otherwise, what's the point of even watching the games going forward?

I'm a fan of the team.. That's reason enough to watch.. But this douche has done nothing to earn his exorbitant pay check...

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And can you believe Brian Hoyer is still playing! He's backing up Jimmy G on the Raiders.

I'm with you and it's why I post harshly against the Baker fan club here. He is now two years from the organization. It's time to move on. 

If people want to bash our current QB Deshaun Watson for not living up to his contract, go ahead. Pick any of the numerous threads bashing and hating the guy. But if you want to keep harping about Baker, then go to the Tampa Bay Bucs forums or create a Baker Fan Club forum and website.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

I'm not reading all of that. Cry babies will cry when they don't get their way or people disagree with their view, then write incredibly long posts to make themselves sound smart.

Wahhhhhhhh!

If I have ever read a bigger imbecile on social media, I cannot recall.

This buffoon is having an argument with himself, COMPLETELY unaware that I personally.don't like Baker Mayfield.

How does a human being come to be this obtuse?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

I asked you a question friend, but appreciate the insult. Anyone can be a badass on an anonymous forum. Care to answer the question?

To slow,

Holds ball to long

Bad judgement...

Train wreck

58 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Also, the guy DW replaced...I would like to have back.

Seems luke our system sucks...maybe not the QB.

Just sayin.

Well, the FO did want “an adult in the room”. 🤣

I have a feeling that phrase won’t age well.

1 hour ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

Again, this is not the topic that I was addressing.

I am addressing cancel culture. I despise it. I despise anyone who seeks to silence someone else because words anger them.

So what if some think Watson is the worst QB in our history? So what, Larry?

What gives you or anyone else the right to determine how much skepticism of Watson is permitted on this board?

Would go up to a Browns/Mayfield loving fan in a bar and tell him to stop praising Mayfield or leave the bar?

Larry, c'mon, you are better than that. Even me, Ghoolie of Christmas past is better than that.

People should feel free to come in here and post whatever they believe about the Browns. An unpopular oponion does not constitue trolling.

A lot of guys are irritated by Baker lovers. A lot of guys are irritated by Watson lovers.

Let people post. Let people debate. Let people enjoy their Browns conversations however they see fit.

The least used feature of TBB is the scroll feature.

2 hours ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

JD, now THIS is an example of going off the deep end the other way.

I personally don't believe the sexual claims against him, and I don't believe he is a POS.

Terry Bradshaw was a mess for more than one season....but he sure found it, didn't he?

I will admit to having interest in the Baker versus Watson drama. The Germans call it Schadenfreude, and I have always found humor in multimillionaire looking stupid.

Synicysm aside. I like Watson. I am cheering for him to rise above all he has to deal with and becoming the guy we hope he is.

Here is what Browns fans should take away from THE MNF game....."Man did we stink it up"

It's one game. I am prediction an 11 TD game for Watson on Sunday.

Go Browns.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

If I have ever read a bigger imbecile on social media, I cannot recall.

This buffoon is having an argument with himself, COMPLETELY unaware that I personally.don't like Baker Mayfield.

How does a human being come to be this obtuse?

Then stop talking about him and we move on. Keep talking about him and we argue. It's that simple moron.