THE BROWNS BOARD

~ The Official. 🏈 ▪︎ Browns vs Ravens ▪︎ Game Thread - Game 4 - 🏈 Sun Oct 1.

Dutch Oven

Where's Zombo this week in the AFC North? 

The hoorta has made the trip to the shores of Lake Erie, and let me tell you it's a Chamber of Commerce day. Not a cloud in the sky, and 65 degrees now. Weather will be a non factor.  GO BROWNS!!!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Win one for Joe Thomas!

I can't BELIEVE they chose a Ravens game for Joe. Wasn't there a better option? 😂

Our TE got blown up, our QB literally can't throw, and our best offensive player is out for the year and will actually need another ACL surgery. Other than that, I think everything is going well! 

It's frustrating for me, personally, because I was actually going to pick the Browns with a healthy Watson and I NEVER pick Browns against Ravens and Steelers. Never. So here I find myself trying to predict a game where we can't run the ball, we can't run with Watson, we can't pass the ball, and we're playing against a QB who basically never loses to us, ever. Hmmmmm. 

So instead I'll make a different type of prediction. If the Browns defense scores a TD we'll win. I don't see a way our offense generates enough yards and points to win against the Ravens, I really don't. Not when you factor in the "Ravensy" BS that's going to happen, like fumbles bouncing right to them, penalties against us, we'll drop a pick, you know, Ravensy BS that caused us to lose basically all of these games. 

Now, if Watson is really OK and can throw just fine, that changes things. But I don't think he's fine. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kvoethe said:

DTR gets the start.....

Yep, said this on Wednesday and I was extremely confident DTR would get the chance, especially with the bye week pending. I feel terrible for the fans, the players, and for Joe Thomas. 

We all said, all of us, that if Watson didn't learn to slide he would get hurt. Well, guess what happened? I don't see any way Browns win, absolutely none. Ravens will crowd the line of scrimmage, take away short passes, take away the runs, and basically blitz every play. We literally might not get a first down in the first half. 

Sorry fellas, it really sucks. Choked away Steelers game, and now we don't get our QB for an effing home division game. 

9 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yep, said this on Wednesday and I was extremely confident DTR would get the chance, especially with the bye week pending. I feel terrible for the fans, the players, and for Joe Thomas. 

We all said, all of us, that if Watson didn't learn to slide he would get hurt. Well, guess what happened? I don't see any way Browns win, absolutely none. Ravens will crowd the line of scrimmage, take away short passes, take away the runs, and basically blitz every play. We literally might not get a first down in the first half. 

Sorry fellas, it really sucks. Choked away Steelers game, and now we don't get our QB for an effing home division game. 

I think it’s a bit early to count them out…

Watson lit up the titans but single handedly lost the Steelers game, we just need DTR to not turn it over.

3 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Watson lit up the titans but single handedly lost the Steelers game

What's strange to me is that,  despite the work I put in on this board to give people a wider understanding of what happens in these games, that they don't have or want to put the time into, I still find myself reading stuff like this. 

🤷

I think the Ravens will move the ball gotta to hold them to FGs in the redzone.  The Schwartzy gameplan will be interesting in this one. Man vs. Zone…reckless abandon vs controlled rush lanes and containment on the front.  

Offense getting into 3rd down and manageable- that’s the obvious key.  We have some targets and they are beat up in the back 7.  I don’t think we will have as many scoring opportunities in this one.  I expect timing and rookie QB play to stall some drives.  So we need to score TDs and look for matchup with NJoku in the redzone.

17-13 Browns 

40 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Njoku is out because he cant light a fire pit???  Jfc.

He’s playing. Just heard him introduced