THE BROWNS BOARD

~ The Official. 🏈 ▪︎ Browns vs Ravens ▪︎ Game Thread - Game 4 - 🏈 Sun Oct 1.

Dutch Oven

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hey Dutch,  I started watching the baseball game and actually fell asleep  ..... no kidding it was that boring to start.

I woke up in the 5th or 6th inning. ...... and last bats for Cleveland right now.

I actually did not feel good all afternoon. 

You didn't miss much with either Cleveland team today....

Hope you feel better!

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You didn't miss much with either Cleveland team today....

Hope you feel better!  I  knew it would be a rough few days .... might just wait it out.

OMG when I was pulling up the scores from ALL  of the early games it was kind of unreal.

The AFCN is certainly up for grabs. 

(Edir - and my left hip is awful again .... nothing really new there. )

I'm debating on getting the replay of the game to watch later tonight or tomorrow.   I may just watch some of the highlight shows instead. 

They may say more.

8 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

Bad play calling or not, let's be honest even half decent backup QB could have done better. Robinson was absolutely terrible. Defense was ok I thought, but never gonna win with QB play like that. Hope to fuck Christ Watson is good to go after the bye week.

Wow good timing for a WEEK 5 BYE .... for once.  The season restart  is now in WEEK 6 hooray.

Edit - and some energy restarts might be needed.

• Like 1

Just now, mjp28 said:

Wow good timing for a WEEK 5 BYE .... for once.  The season restart  is now in WEEK 6 hooray.

Yeah usually hate them because love seeing my Browns haha, but this time I think we need a reset and this is the perfect time for one. Gives Watson more time to be 100 percent and for Njoku to get right also. I can find something else to do next Sunday I am sure haha.

18 minutes ago, The Junkyard Dog said:

Bad play calling or not, let's be honest even half decent backup QB could have done better. Robinson was absolutely terrible. Defense was ok I thought, but never gonna win with QB play like that. Hope to fuck Christ Watson is good to go after the bye week.

Sure highlights Watson's value to the team. Yet there are people out there that completely lose their shit when someone like Watson predictably stuggles, but you can see when he's on his game how effective he can be. They did a terrible job gameplanning for DTR though. He was terrible but they need to help him out too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know this isn't popular in the age of analytics, you have to have a head coach who can inspire players and hold players accountable on and off the field.

These also are not Stefanski's strengths. 

He just isn't the guy to lead a team to great things. The Browns are going to have to move on to someone else if they want to become a legit contender. 

Modern Day Norv Turner with less accolades prior to his time in Cleveland. 

Ordinarily I'm a passing offense type of guy.  But today dictated a different style.  Run Whever You Can.  No getting tricky.  Instead, on 2nd and 3, we're passing the ball.  Early in the game!  I didn't like today's game plan.

During some of the 3rd and 4th quarter I completed work on my shed ramps by adding traction tape.  ( two 2x12x6' w/ metal shed access plate hardware ).  So, at least I accomplished something during the 2nd half while checking in to watch the rookie struggle.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

Ordinarily I'm a passing offense type of guy.  But today dictated a different style.  Run Whever You Can.  No getting tricky.  Instead, on 2nd and 3, we're passing the ball.  Early in the game!  I didn't like today's game plan.

During some of the 3rd and 4th quarter I completed work on my shed ramps by adding traction tape.  ( two 2x12x6' w/ metal shed access plate hardware ).  So, at least I accomplished something during the 2nd half while checking in to watch the rookie struggle.

Like one of the announcers said today, our line is set up to block for Nick Chubb. Not sure if all out passing is the strength of the line. I know DTR was bad but it would be nice to see what he can do when he's not looking out the ear hole on his helmet.

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

Like one of the announcers said today, our line is set up to block for Nick Chubb.

Yeah, I heard him.  He obviously doesn't realize that the Browns top brass is not interested in 4 yard runs.  They want 13 yard passes.  So, they're not building a line to block for Nick Chubb.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yeah, I heard him.  He obviously doesn't realize that the Browns top brass is not interested in 4 yard runs.  They want 13 yard passes.  So, they're not building a line to block for Nick Chubb.

It's getting pretty obvious no one from the FO down is on the same page about how they're set up.  It's even more obvious why Stefon Diggs wanted out of Minnesota's offense and I'll spell it - KEVIN STEFANSKI.  He's about as out of place calling plays for this offense (or whatever it is) as Lizzo would be wearing a bikini in a Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Issue.  

That was VERY difficult to watch today.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Shitmypantski needs total replacement.. Keep the staff.. Fire Kevvy...

Get him and Front Office DePo outta here.  Promote Bill Callahan to Head Coach and let Alex Van Pelt call the plays again.  Last time he did so, the Browns scored 48 points in a post season win at Pittsburgh.  They also made sure TJ Watt didn't cancel our offense in that game plan.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Orion said:

Good luck with that with their chosen ones for pass pro.  Anyone see more than just our Tackles getting beat bad in pass pro today?  Teller and Pocic were awful.  We have the wrong minds in charge.

47 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Good luck with that with their chosen ones for pass pro.  Anyone see more than just our Tackles getting beat bad in pass pro today?  Teller and Pocic were awful.  We have the wrong minds in charge.

The truth is, we couldn't run or pass today.  Of course we had Moore run 20 yards in the wrong direction.

Early on, we should've been trying to pound the ball at the Ravens on the ground.  Punting the ball would've been acceptable.  Play solid defense and try and run the ball is what we should've been doing.  Try and keep the scoreboard quiet.  Take a FG whenever it presents itself.

Instead we tried to play like we had our starting QB and not a rookie late round draft pick.  Of course the OL is going to be overwhelmed.  The D is attacking a rookie QB like any defensive coordinator would do.  We played right into their hands.

This games, game flow takes a serious shift sideways at roughly 8:46 remaining in the 2nd quarter.. Right after Bojo drops a good punt to the Ravens 5 yard line.. The birds drove the field 95 easily for a TD.

Harbaugh went right back to gashing this interior defense with good interior OL play inside & a depth of RB's, including Lamar to get it's 1st score.. Our LB play disappeared again in this one, just before half & never returned in 2nd half 

Yeah, DTR was not good today... His 3 picks were returned for the same yardage we gave up in Punt & KO returns..  88 yards of home turf from both QB picks & ST's..

along with the 4 sacks w/8 QB hits, Watson never used a banged up shoulder to protect against..

Yep! it's a good time for a bye week    

After the preseason mirage, fans had falsely high hopes for DTR. I even read some schmuck say on X/Twitter that after today the Browns would bench Watson. I haven't read through the whole thread so I apologize if this has been answered; when did DTR and the coaches know he was going to start? It really didn't look this gameplan was designed for him, having said that  we haven't figured out our run game after Chubb was injured. Another factor against DTR is Harbaugh's teams know how to gameplan against rookies his score is  now 28-9.

In summary as soon as I heard Watson was out I knew we didn't stand a chance of winning, my only expectation was that the defense would keep the score down but that was hard to do with 3 turnovers and the refs spotting  the Ratbirds 51 yds on the first one.

Hey...at least we arent the squeelers.  They had a healthy team and got smacked.  At least we can make excuses.

They flat out were bad.  Rookie offensive line decimated by injuries and you didnt hear Watts or Highsmith all day...No Minka either.

That team Blows.

I’ll be honest, the most disappointing thing to me was did they not see this awful play from DTR in practice this last month? I can logically get why they kept him on the active roster, as his preseason tape probably gets him scooped up by someone else. But my God, that was some of the worst quarterback play I’ve ever seen (and we’ve seen a lot). 

PJ Walker at least gives this team a fighting chance. DTR clearly needs a lot more time to marinade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

any word on Pocic ? 

Up in the air,

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Hopefully the last few games matter 🙃

They might  ..... because  1 of 4 will have to make the playoffs,   yeah playoffs. 

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

They might  ..... because  1 of 4 will have to make the playoffs,   yeah playoffs. 

I'm very happy for you that you fell asleep on Sunday so you can think like this.

Just kidding, this team has enough talent and 13 games left to turn things around. We've just been venting out some post-game toxins early in the week on the recent bipolar-coaster ride. We'll see if the people in charge can learn from their mistakes as early as their 2 weeks of opportunity to prepare for SF.   The players will have their much needed 1st week off.  That said, the collective game planning staff has an ideal opportunity to look at film and prepare.  

Even better, SF doesn't have this week off.  Next week they have to make the trip to Cleveland from the West Coast so the time zone change alone has them losing 3 hours on top of however much time the traveling takes. 

Perfect time to be Opportunistic...

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I'm very happy for you that you fell asleep on Sunday so you can think like this.

Just kidding, this team has enough talent and 13 games left to turn things around. We've just been venting out some post-game toxins early in the week on the recent bipolar-coaster ride. We'll see if the people in charge can learn from their mistakes as early as their 2 weeks of opportunity to prepare for SF.   The players will have their much needed 1st week off.  That said, the collective game planning staff has an ideal opportunity to look at film and prepare.  

Even better, SF doesn't have this week off.  Next week they have to make the trip to Cleveland from the West Coast so the time zone change alone has them losing 3 hours on top of however much time the traveling takes. 

Perfect time to be Opportunistic...

And they play Sunday night against the Cowboys.  Getting head to head against a 3-1 conference foe and fighting for home field and bye…biggest game of the year thus far for them.  I hope they pour time and energy into winning that and hopefully they roll them so we aren’t playing a pissed off 49er squad in two weeks. 

Schwartz gets to see how the Cowboys successfully deploy Micah Parsons 

• Upvote 1