THE BROWNS BOARD

Jim Harbaugh the next Browns coach?

dusty

14 hours ago, dusty said:

Imagine 2 brothers coaching agai st each other.

I think he got the raw deal but great news for the Buckeyes!

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2023/11/big-ten-suspends-michigans-jim-harbaugh-for-remainder-of-regular-season.html

Raw deal? 

That suspension was levied by the Big 10. We haven't heard from the NCAA yet.

That is my understanding anyway.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, dusty said:

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2023/11/big-ten-suspends-michigans-jim-harbaugh-for-remainder-of-regular-season.html

I hate to say it; but the success of that team didn't improve until Harbaugh's Brother kept giving Jim his next new and improved DC from the Ravens staff.  Just research where the last 2 DCs at Missedagain came from and look at what that did for the recruitment of better talent on that side of the ball.  Like the WR position at Ohio State helps recruit elite WRs with NFL/Pro Bowl aspirations - that's what's going on with defensive recruits/players/mindsets choosing Michigan.  Some are even being drafted by the Ravens in the last 2-3 years.  None of that is illegal per say - but it's certainly an advantage no other coach of an elite college football program is enjoying IMO.  BTW, Mike Macdonald returned back to the Rats to be their DC in 2022 after the Rats rented him to Michigan as their DC in 2021.  Not to worry, because the Ratbirds' Defensive Backs Coach Jesse Minter was hired to replace Macdonald as Michigan's DC. You don't say! Just more of that Brotherly Love pushing the boundaries from 2 guys always crying they never get any breaks from the officials or those in charge of their leagues.

In 3 seasons, dude went to 3 straight NFC title games and 1 Superbowl.  His 4th season, he went 8-8.  

In most any organization that gets you a fat contract extension.  Harbaugh is such a whiny, arrogant, self-centered prick that the Niners were content letting him walk away. 

That Rah Rah bullshit doesn't work on grown men at the NFL level and gets tired real quick.   It'd be a Pettine level mistake hiring him. 

24 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I hate to say it; but the success of that team didn't improve until Harbaugh's Brother kept giving Jim his next new and improved DC from the Ravens staff.  Just research where the last 2 DCs at Missedagain came from and look at what that did for the recruitment of better talent on that side of the ball.  Like the WR position at Ohio State helps recruit elite WRs with NFL/Pro Bowl aspirations - that's what's going on with defensive recruits/players/mindsets choosing Michigan.  Some are even being drafted by the Ravens in the last 2-3 years.  None of that is illegal per say - but it's certainly an advantage no other coach of an elite college football program is enjoying IMO.  BTW, Mike Macdonald returned back to the Rats to be their DC in 2022 after the Rats rented him to Michigan as their DC in 2021.  Not to worry, because the Ratbirds' Defensive Backs Coach Jesse Minter was hired to replace Macdonald as Michigan's DC. You don't say! Just more of that Brotherly Love pushing he boundaries from 2 guys always crying they never get any breaks from the officials or those in charge of their leagues.

One might wonder or possibly consider Jim's time in SF go under investigation... One just gets the sense there's been some hany panky going on... I mean Bill B also has a couple of blemishes on his dossier as well...

37 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

In 3 seasons, dude went to 3 straight NFC title games and 1 Superbowl.  His 4th season, he went 8-8.  

In most any organization that gets you a fat contract extension.  Harbaugh is such a whiny, arrogant, self-centered prick that the Niners were content letting him walk away. 

That Rah Rah bullshit doesn't work on grown men at the NFL level and gets tired real quick.   It'd be a Pettine level mistake hiring him. 

That guys burns bridges wherever he goes.

I remember reading something about how happy people at Stanford were when he left. 

I never was concerned that he'd be a longtime institution at TSUN, because no one can stand to be around him for a long stretch. I just watched a video where a guy presented a conspiracy that it was actually bigwigs at TSUN who alerted the NCAA/Big Ten about Connor Stalions because they were so pissed at Harbaugh for continually flirting with the NFL. I usually would scoff at such an idea, but sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus, Harbaugh is a douche of epic proportions. 

Strangely, I have no issue with John Harbaugh, though. He seems fine and when it appeared he might get forced out in Baltimore some years ago, I was hoping the Browns would snatch him up. Then Lamar Jackson replaced Flacco and the ship was righted, and Harbaugh remains in Ravenland. 

• Upvote 1

Hot take, too bad this forum doesn't pay for engagement like X. SF a much more mature organization considered trading him to the Browns (remember that?) and eventually kicked him out, he would wreck the Browns with his erratic behavior. Stefanski's getting an extension, book it.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure this thread, like others, will be full of a lot of uninformed and ignorant hot takes. Not worth trying to address them all. 

Right before all of this nonsense started to be slowly leaked in a clearly coordinated fashion, Harbaugh was about to sign a far contract extension. There are rumblings that this whole situation has just strengthened Harbaughs employment at Michigan, especially with our president's support. 

A lot still needs to get resolved. I have no faith anything logical will happen, but the full strength of Michigan, our money, and one of the best law firms around will hopefully resolve this BS.

All this being said. I don't think he'll be in Cleveland next season haha. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, except maybe in Seattle with coach Pete.😁

Different kind of 'rah rah'.   PC actually seemed like a fun coach to play for, on top of being a good football mind.  His assistants and players speak highly of that second part even though he has had his moments of being a bit to 'set in his ways'. 

35 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah, except maybe in Seattle with coach Pete.😁

Bill Cowher did pretty damn good with that rah rah approach... Some things works with some guys.. Others do not... I mean I think even Bubba Ventrone is a tad rah rah.. Its not my cuppa personally.. I mean hell.. Look at the results Dan Campbell is getting up in Dee-troit! He's about as Rah Rah as they come...

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm sure this thread, like others, will be full of a lot of uninformed and ignorant hot takes. Not worth trying to address them all. 

Right before all of this nonsense started to be slowly leaked in a clearly coordinated fashion, Harbaugh was about to sign a far contract extension. There are rumblings that this whole situation has just strengthened Harbaughs employment at Michigan, especially with our president's support. 

A lot still needs to get resolved. I have no faith anything logical will happen, but the full strength of Michigan, our money, and one of the best law firms around will hopefully resolve this BS.

All this being said. I don't think he'll be in Cleveland next season haha. 

I’m going to be Pro Michigan for one second…it is really hard.  The biased support from UM alumni I’ve seen - I’m actually applauding your alumni for not jumping ship however irrational they appear.  

At the very least it is a lack of institutional control.  You hired the guy he’s making 50K standing next to guys making 7 figures and giving input during a game…and he’s apparently behind some rule breaking sign stealing scheme.  If no one talks the circumstantial evidence alone - makes an investigation easy- no matter what due process they seek. 

And Resolve what? The response to the Big Ten was straight out of 5 year old playbook…well Johnny does it why is it an issue with us.  The NCAA if it wants to have a backbone like it had back in the day is going leave a size 13 shoe print on your asses. 

The hammer is coming. 

And please no Harbaugh.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m going to be Pro ......

......And Resolve what? The response to the Big Ten was straight out of 5 year old playbook…well Johnny does it why is it an issue with us.  The NCAA if it wants to have a backbone like it had back in the day is going leave a size 13 shoe print on your asses. 

●  The hammer is coming. 

●  And please no Harbaugh.

I certainly hopd so too.   If not stsy at Michigan go far away.  

Most of these upper level college program coaches are making  $4M,  $5M or better now  with some pretty nice   "other"   benefits.

On 11/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, dusty said:

As long as Marty Schottenhiemer l, mean Ryan Day is coaching the Buckeyes, assfuck Harbaugh will wind up looking like Halas against OSU.

31 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

As long as Marty Schottenhiemer l, mean Ryan Day is coaching the Buckeyes, assfuck Harbaugh will wind up looking like Halas against OSU.

Hairball is suspended dude..

18 hours ago, nickers said:

Bill Cowher did pretty damn good with that rah rah approach... Some things works with some guys.. Others do not... I mean I think even Bubba Ventrone is a tad rah rah.. Its not my cuppa personally.. I mean hell.. Look at the results Dan Campbell is getting up in Dee-troit! He's about as Rah Rah as they come...

Remember when Art hired BB over Cowher? We were all pretty upset about it, Cowher was beloved here with his special teams work. Hard as hell to defend Modell, but I think Art wanted a fresh start away from the Marty era. 

Probably just my Steeler angst, but Cowher got to the HOF despite losing 4 AFC Title games in his home stadium. If he doesn't get Big Ben, he never wins a Super Bowl, just my opinion.

35 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Remember when Art hired BB over Cowher? We were all pretty upset about it, Cowher was beloved here with his special teams work. Hard as hell to defend Modell, but I think Art wanted a fresh start away from the Marty era. 

Probably just my Steeler angst, but Cowher got to the HOF despite losing 4 AFC Title games in his home stadium. If he doesn't get Big Ben, he never wins a Super Bowl, just my opinion.

I think that goes for any coach. The one coach with a sub-par QB to win a SB was Brian Billick. Trent Dilfer was the greatest game manager to ever play the game.lol

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I think that goes for any coach. The one coach with a sub-par QB to win a SB was Brian Billick. Trent Dilfer was the greatest game manager to ever play the game.lol

Id put Phil Simms in that company too

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’d have to imagine Pat Shurmur is #2. 

Yep. I remember the Browns had the ball at the Ratbirds 7 yard line with a timeout, 1st & goal with around 30 seconds to go. Seneca Wallace & Shurmer somehow let the clock run out. 

Merry Christmas Eve indeed. 😡

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yep. I remember the Browns had the ball at the Ratbirds 7 yard line with a timeout, 1st & goal with around 30 seconds to go. Seneca Wallace & Shurmer somehow let the clock run out. 

Yup... That was a colossal failure at it's finest... The Browns have this innate way of losing games... They have become experts at it...

26 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Remember when Indy had the 31st ranked defense against the run with the Browns down by 7 or 10 points late in the 4th quarter?  Anyway, Cleveland had the ball on Indy's 39 yard line with 4th and 1.  Shurmur decided to punt the ball; and it went into the end zone like everyone but Shurmur knew it would.  Game over.  For a net gain of 19 yards only, he forfeited the chance to win the game.  I thought my dad was sound asleep on his hospice bed until I heard "What a pussy!"

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1