THE BROWNS BOARD

Jim Harbaugh the next Browns coach?

dusty

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Getting back to college head coaches, Texas A&M is expected to fire Jimbo Fisher.

He still has $76 million left on his contract. 

The guy at Florida State right now might end up showing us Jimbo Fisher underachieved there as well (if that's possible for a guy that won a National Championship). 

When I lived in Nashville and had season tickets to Vandy Games,  they were so OUful I felt sorry enough for them that they became my 3rd favorite College football team to 1. Ohio State, 2. Syracuse.   Outside of Ohio State spoiling us I'm not exactly that hard to please.  I previously shared responses I replied to from fans that saw me wearing a Vandy T-shirt and a Browns hat.  The sad thing was it wasn't all that far from people feeling sorry enough to throw money at me like I was a homeless orphan or something.  They didn't but they certainly thought I loved me some OUful football...

Back to where I was going with all that, James Franklin CPR'd that program into winning 9 games back to back years on an SEC Schedule.   He also beat UT and won back-to-back Bowl Games.  That's pretty much as close to seeing a human being walking on water in Nashville.  Unfortunately for him, I'm learning he's not a good enough coach to bring Penn State to the level of Michigan or Ohio State.  I don't want him beating Ohio State; but I did want him to beat the Baltimore Ravens Coaching Farm Team from that School Up North.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Getting back to college head coaches, Texas A&M is expected to fire Jimbo Fisher.

I dunno about that. He's had to play without his best QB through most of the season and last night won with his 3rd string QB 51-10 over Miss. State after giving them the opening KO for their only TD. Won the rest of the game 51-3.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I dunno about that. He's had to play without his best QB through most of the season and last night won with his 3rd string QB 51-10 over Miss. State after giving them the opening KO for their only TD. Won the rest of the game 51-3.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-a-m-fires-jimbo-fisher-sixth-year-coach-owed-more-than-75-million-in-record-college-football-buyout/

He gone. 

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Wow. I stand corrected. Went to the game last night and they were playing like demons.

• Upvote 1

The autistic incompetent Harbaugh and his half-eaten hot dog in a pants pocket is definitely not coaching in Cleveland.

The wild amounts of cope coming from the UM fanbase is a pure joy to watch, and i'm here for all of it.  The only gain Harbaugh achieved from his years of wild cheating was 2 wins over OSU, and that's it.  I never thought when Jimmy stood at the podium and said he'd beat OSU or die trying that he'd choose both.

Sure, ratbird connections as detailed above, but the UM cheating overshadows the legitimate coordinator coaching and talent upgrades the last few seasons.  Don't forget that NCAA suspensions will be upheld in the NFL to prevent people cheating only to take an NFL job once it's discovered.

1) Getting signs ingame is not illegal. In-person trips months/years ahead of time to video and chart signals with full knowledge and support/$reimbursement from administration is.  Yes, this is a big deal -- It's not a coincidence that the one game this season UM had trouble with [3 JJ picks] was the one team whose signals they didn't steal, Bowling Green.
2) 2 people fired from the UM staff for pedophilia.. the wrong writes itself, but we expect nothing better from Michigan Men. [One for meeting an underage girl for classy sex in a WalMart, the other for Crimes Using A University Computer. Those crimes are, of course, the underage picture variety.]
3) Grad assistants aren't on the sideline on game day, let alone standing next to and talking every play with the coordinator whose unit is on the field.  Grad assistants are in the box... unless they're Doing Something Else.  Also, good luck convincing anyone that the coordinators didn't know..... they were talking with the dude every play for the last 3 seasons.
4) Surely the fact that Conor Stalion's $500k house on a sub-50k-salary magically got paid off the first day he created an LLC with Blake Corum is purely coincidental.  A player and a coach in business together is wildly unethical. Does UM even have a compliance department, or is compliance beneath Michigan Men?

The main benefit of having signals is not the defense "knowing" offense signals. There's so many signals for offense - the play, which way the line is going to slide, the cadence [and that's just 3, there's more] you're simply not going to have the time to decode it on the sidelines, signal that in to a D player, and have that D player call something to his teammates all before the snap.  There's a play clock.  UM probably did decode O signals and were trying to do some stupid stuff on defense, but the chief idea is the offense knowing the D signal --- throw a slant into the area a LB vacated to blitz, call a combo to attack the "half" DB when they're in QQH coverage, etc.  And you don't need to call the D-beater every play --- you only need it "some" times each game to gain a substantive advantage.  And no, you can't "change signals" in a week.. practice time is so limited that there isn't time to put in all-new signals because a team would have to spend their limited time not getting ready for the next opponent.

The #1 advantage you would get on O if you knew the D signals is knowledge of where the pressure is coming from.  And, shocking twist: In the 2 games [not including PSU] since the signals advantage was removed, JJ was pressured over 2x as much as he had been in every game prior to this -- and that's from dogshit defenses that UM shouldn't have to do special things to beat.  I watched zero of the UM-PSU game, but my money says this is the #1 reason UM only called 8 passes against PSU.... because PSU is the #1 team in the country in getting pressure and JJ is a true freshman at the skill of recognizing pressure &shifting protection to match.  Obviously "the run was working" but the team sent out promotional material of JJ for Heisman.

I count the 2020 game as an OSU victory, of course. That's the one UM walked away from because they knew they couldn't even win with cheating.

The one thing that pisses me off about UM's cheating is that they took a Heisman both years from Stroud.  Stroud was leading the heisman lists before both UM games.  Fun fact: Jim Brown was the last player to win both the NFL rookie of the year and MVP.

I think sign-stealing is a negative for player development because if you're telling JJ where the pressure is coming from, you're removing his ability over time to learn how to recognize it and shift his OL himself.

UM will never be leaving the big10... they'll never be welcome in the SEC.  UM broke the code, and they take that shit much more seriously down south.  What does every SEC school do when they get caught ? "Give me my punishment, let's keep it pushin." UM tried to throw every other school under the bus instead of standing in the paint for their shit.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

The autistic incompetent Harbaugh and his half-eaten hot dog in a pants pocket is definitely not coaching in Cleveland.

The wild amounts of cope coming from the UM fanbase is a pure joy to watch, and i'm here for all of it.  The only gain Harbaugh achieved from his years of wild cheating was 2 wins over OSU, and that's it.  I never thought when Jimmy stood at the podium and said he'd beat OSU or die trying that he'd choose both.

Sure, ratbird connections as detailed above, but the UM cheating overshadows the legitimate coordinator coaching and talent upgrades the last few seasons.  Don't forget that NCAA suspensions will be upheld in the NFL to prevent people cheating only to take an NFL job once it's discovered.

1) Getting signs ingame is not illegal. In-person trips months/years ahead of time to video and chart signals with full knowledge and support/$reimbursement from administration is.  Yes, this is a big deal -- It's not a coincidence that the one game this season UM had trouble with [3 JJ picks] was the one team whose signals they didn't steal, Bowling Green.
2) 2 people fired from the UM staff for pedophilia.. the wrong writes itself, but we expect nothing better from Michigan Men. [One for meeting an underage girl for classy sex in a WalMart, the other for Crimes Using A University Computer. Those crimes are, of course, the underage picture variety.]
3) Grad assistants don't talk to coordinators on game day, let alone be on the sideline.  Grad assistants are in the box... unless they're Doing Something Else.
4) Surely the fact that Conor Stalion's $500k house on a sub-50k-salary magically got paid off the first day he created an LLC with Blake Corum is purely coincidental.  A player and a coach in business together is wildly unethical. Does UM even have a compliance department, or is compliance beneath Michigan Men?

The main benefit of having signals is not the defense "knowing" offense signals. There's so many signals for offense - the play, which way the line is going to slide, the cadence [and that's just 3, there's more] you're simply not going to have the time to decode it on the sidelines, signal that in to a D player, and have that D player call something to his teammates all before the snap.  There's a play clock.  UM probably did decode O signals and were trying to do some stupid stuff on defense, but the chief idea is the offense knowing the D signal --- throw a slant into the area a LB vacated to blitz, call a combo to attack the "half" DB when they're in QQH coverage, etc.  And you don't need to call the D-beater every play --- you only need it "some" times each game to gain a substantive advantage.  And no, you can't "change signals" in a week.. practice time is so limited that there isn't time to put in all-new signals because a team would have to spend their limited time not getting ready for the next opponent.

I count the 2020 game as an OSU victory, of course. That's the one UM walked away from because they knew they couldn't even win with cheating.

The one thing that pisses me off about UM's cheating is that they took a Heisman both years from Stroud.  Stroud was leading the heisman lists before both UM games.  Fun fact: Jim Brown was the last player to win both the NFL rookie of the year and MVP.

you are good deniro.gif

20 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

3) Grad assistants aren't on the sideline on game day, let alone standing next to and talking every play with the coordinator whose unit is on the field.  Grad assistants are in the box... unless they're Doing Something Else.  Also, good luck convincing anyone that the coordinators didn't know..... they were talking with the dude every play for the last 3 seasons.

The #1 advantage you would get on O if you knew the D signals is knowledge of where the pressure is coming from.  And, shocking twist: In the 2 games [not including PSU] since the signals advantage was removed, JJ was pressured over 2x as much as he had been in every game prior to this -- and that's from dogshit defenses that UM shouldn't have to do special things to beat.  I watched zero of the UM-PSU game, but my money says this is the #1 reason UM only called 8 passes against PSU.... because PSU is the #1 team in the country in getting pressure and JJ is a true freshman at the skill of recognizing pressure &shifting protection to match.  Obviously "the run was working" but the team sent out promotional material of JJ for Heisman.

I think sign-stealing is a negative for player development because if you're telling JJ where the pressure is coming from, you're removing his ability over time to learn how to recognize it and shift his OL himself.

UM will never be leaving the big10... they'll never be welcome in the SEC.  UM broke the code, and they take that shit much more seriously down south.  What does every SEC school do when they get caught ? "Give me my punishment, let's keep it pushin." UM tried to throw every other school under the bus instead of standing in the paint for their shit.

Wow, you're a delusional moron. 

On 11/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, Dutch Oven said:

The rumor is 3-4 boosters ponied up the money to get him out. Imagine having something like $20 million dollars of true, honest to God, Fuck you money just to fire someone. 

Where do I get one of them fired coaches jobs?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think my favorite thing about this entire story is TSUN playing the martyrs in a situation completely of their own doing. 

Hilarious. 

I’m listening to Desmond Howard on “Get Up” this morning.  I cut him some slack for what I thought was an emotional reaction last Friday…he’s doubled and now tripled down on nonsensical homerish crap.  When are they going to deny that the impermissible scheme occurred?  I was certain that was going to happen and buy them time.  There is no way out of this unless they prove the scheme never occurred. 

UM cheated and got caught.  I have never in the history of ever seen a program from the top down, every rung on the ladder, victimize themselves this way when they are the ones who broke the rules.  UM is not "america's team" -- America thinks UM cheats.

Sherrone Moore, the OC, was WAY more involved in the sign stealing than Jimmy was.. When I watched that postgame interview after the PSU victory with all the crying it felt like he, Sherrone, felt bad because he knew he got Jimmy jammed up.  That was a cry of guilt.

And I have never seen a "potential all-American QB" not trusted to throw the ball.. ever.  Unless Sherrone knew something from practice -- that his QB couldn't handle the smoke of PSU's nation#1 pass rush without already knowing presnap where the pressure was coming from.

You'd think a program whose level is a half a national title every 30 years would learn to shut the fuck up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m listening to Desmond Howard on “Get Up” this morning.  I cut him some slack for what I thought was an emotional reaction last Friday…he’s doubled and now tripled down on nonsensical homerish crap.  When are they going to deny that the impermissible scheme occurred?  I was certain that was going to happen and buy them time.  There is no way out of this unless they prove the scheme never occurred. 

Desmond Howard, before this current situation, was a joke. 

Where have I seen such cultish blind support of a person who is blatantly and laughably corrupt before? 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

who is that other clown from get up? you know the steeler fella who said the hit on Chubb was fair ?

What I'm enjoying, possibly more than anything, is that the whole country gets to see what most Buckeyes have known for decades - the smug, sanctimonious, 'we're just better than you', globo gym attitude that is pervasive from that school and their people.  Academics to the football field. 

Despite their legal team allowing a comically weak rebuttal, including trying to tell the B1G commish he doesn't have the power to enact measures of punishment.  Full well knowing that isn't correct, of course.   Some group of lawyers ya got there. 

This is the same school that had one of the worst scandals in collegiate basketball history with the Fab 5.   But nah, they're just squeaky clean and it's everyone else that is delusional.  Shit, that was the word Woody used just above as well.    Even though true delusion is to maintain unnecessary belief despite all evidence to the contrary.    Dutch is right, he's accused others of being in a political cult.  Turns out, he's willing to be part of one himself.

The "pardon our arrogance" of the 90s never left.   After 20 years having that ass served up by tOSU, it just couldn't be beaten out of them.  You have to beat them on field to the point a whole generation of fans forgets what it's like to win anything meaningful.   

If more comes of this, and it very much likely will, I'd like to see two things. 

- Punishment greater than what tOSU received for the tat-gats scandal. Because this involves actual cheating and on-field competitive advantage. 

- An apology, from Woody, to Symp, for calling him a delusional moron along with the admission that he was blinded from logic and reason because of his fandom.  

I included that second part, because I know full well that Woody is a true Michigan Man at heart and is incapable, like the millions of others, in admitting they were even remotely wrong.   It's in the water and the air.  

Nuke the state from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 2:31 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! Well when Mama called Bear answered at Bama. Never underestimate the power of school loyalty for true Aggies.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38920769/lions-dan-campbell-not-interested-texas-job

So either the school loyalty isn't all that strong, or Campbell isn't a "true Aggie".  

Well, bichigan plays Maryland today .... I predict a Maryland win. The Maryland oline is very, very good. Their biggest concern will be the giant nose tackle of Michigan. The Maryland Defensive line - might be a bit of a weak link here and there - but Maryland is a fast team, and smartly coached.

Of course, that could be completely wrong, but harbough sucks, and I'll have fun rooting for Maryland in this game.

Michigan is already holding out their LT ? because they are looking ahead at Ohio State.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Just for a frame of reference, neither tOSU or scUM tend to cover the week before The Game.   It's usually a win, survive and get out sort of mode.

I just came to the realization the OSU- Michigan game is in Ann Arbor this year.   FWIW, I visited The Big House when the NHL staged the Winter Classic there one year. The place is a dump, and good luck trying to find parking. :D 

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, bichigan plays Maryland today .... I predict a Maryland win. The Maryland oline is very, very good. Their biggest concern will be the giant nose tackle of Michigan. The Maryland Defensive line - might be a bit of a weak link here and there - but Maryland is a fast team, and smartly coached.

Of course, that could be completely wrong, but harbough sucks, and I'll have fun rooting for Maryland in this game.

Michigan is already holding out their LT ? because they are looking ahead at Ohio State.

error. Michigan had a punt blocked for td, a fumble for a td I think it was, and the refs gave bitchigan a safety - but I don't know the rule. It was about 7 yards from the wr when it hit ground. I do wonder about Tau's really poor throws for ints - after that huge cheapshot on Tau, I wondered if he had a slight concussion or something. Good game, can't wait for THE Ohio State Buckeys to kick bichigan ass.

• Upvote 2