THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The Official  🏈  - NFL WEEK 15 - Bears ▪︎at▪︎ Browns (-3)    🏈  Dec. 17  (O/U 38)

Dutch Oven

▪︎ The Official  🏈  - NFL WEEK 15 - Bears ▪︎at▪︎ Browns (-3)   🏈  Dec. 17  (O/U 38)

It's December and we are in a full-blown playoff push.

Consult your physician if your erection lasts for more than four hours. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's December and we are in a full-blown playoff push.

Consult your physician if your erection lasts for more than four hours. 

Haven’t had Chubb in awhile.  It is amazing we’ve come this far.

I doubled my Prilosec - my Gerd is gonna be crazy this month 

• Haha 2

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ The Official  🏈  - NFL WEEK 15 - Bears ▪︎at▪︎ Browns (-3)    🏈  Dec. 17  (O/U 38)

~           Oh yeah,  a real  '50s, '60s  Bears  at the  Browns,   Butkus  vs  Jim Brown  at the Ol' Muni'  kick dirt up in your face style showdown.   Well it kind of feels that way  sorta'  matchup.    But this  IS  real  (5-8)  vs  (8-5)   and   ONE   is playing for thier playoff life.   That you can believe !

▪︎  The Chicago Bears look to continue their late-season surge as they travel east to face the Cleveland Browns on Sunday afternoon. The Bears (5-8) have won two straight games, including a 28-13 home victory over the Lions last Sunday.

▪︎  The Browns (8-5) defeated the Jaguars, 31-27 in Week 14. The teams most recently met two seasons ago, a 26-6 Browns home victory in 2021. Chicago is 6-6-1 against the spread, while Cleveland is 7-5-1 ATS in 2023.

▪︎  Kickoff from Cleveland Browns Stadium is set for 1 p.m. ET. Cleveland is a 3-point favorite in the latest Browns vs. Bears odds via SportsLine consensus, while the over/under is 38.

▪︎  Let's find out in  Cleveland, Ohio  this Sunday  December 17 at 1 pm .....  for real.   🎄

GO BROWNS !

13 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Haven’t had Chubb in awhile.  It is amazing we’ve come this far.

I doubled my Prilosec - my Gerd is gonna be crazy this month 

😆 You too?  I think I just won Customer of the Year at the CVS Pharmacy and the year ain't even over yet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh the weather outside is frightful.... 😜

Damn right it is... I'll take Chubb on one leg today for the upcoming mud bowl.  Forecast is mid 40s and steady rain until at least 2PM...  :(  Win the turnover battle Cleveland. 

Interested note before inactives..

Browns left 3 Tackles down on PS.. Dress 3 Hudson/Christian/Cooper(x-49er)

Lose Nick Harris playing FB, to playing Center.. Wypler & Dunn can play both Center & Guard.. Does Wypler stay active ?

DE Sam Kamara played well against 3's most the off-season.. Can Kamara bump Alex Wright or rookie Isiah McQuire in snaps played?

DJ Moore is a footing ankle injury (active) D. Ward is a non-footing injury (shoulder)

Coaches have leaned on experience ahead of rookies..

stay tuned...

• Upvote 1

The following Browns players are inactive for Sunday's matchup against the Bears:

S Juan Thornhill
LB Anthony Walker Jr.
CB Kahlef Hailassie
LB Jordan Kunaszyk
DE Ogbo Okoronkwo
C Ethan Pocic
DE Sam Kamara

FLIPCARD CHANGES:
Signed QB Joe Flacco from the practice squad to the active roster
Elevated LB Charlie Thomas III  #35
Elevated S Tanner McCalister   #48

D. Ward playing.. back-end  

SS 33 Hickman, Ronnie CF23 37 Bell, D'Anthony CF22            
FS  
30 HARMON, DURON SF23

48 McCalister, Tanner CF23

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Interested note before inactives..

Browns left 3 Tackles down on PS.. Dress 3 Hudson/Christian/Cooper(x-49er)

Lose Nick Harris playing FB, to playing Center.. Wypler & Dunn can play both Center & Guard.. Does Wypler stay active ?

DE Sam Kamara played well against 3's most the off-season.. Can Kamara bump Alex Wright or rookie Isiah McQuire in snaps played?

DJ Moore is a footing ankle injury (active) D. Ward is a non-footing injury (shoulder)

Coaches have leaned on experience ahead of rookies..

stay tuned...

I think Dunn is a much better Guard than he is a Center.  Wypler seems more cozy as a Center than Guard.  Tie breaker using your side with the experienced vet.  In addition, we've lined up Dunn to the outside of our Tackle in some unbalanced line sets.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Browns should win this. Fields who can't face pressure talking smack about Myles means a bad day for him.

If so, he's not the brightest apple in the orchard.  Last time I saw Fields play, he fumbled the ball away on successive possessions.  It's supposed to be rainy and wet today so a careless mind like that could really help us.

16 hours ago, bbedward said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again

browns 34 bears 10

Daaaaaang, I'd be ALL over that!

This game just feels impossible to predict. At some point, the injuries become intolerable, and while getting Ward back helps, this game would've been a true Delpit showcase. Miss him already. Fields is top 3 in the NFL in passes over 20 yards (I forget entire stat, but that's the gist. I think it was completion percentage). 

I also feel like Flacco bounces back to earth a bit, in a game where it's beyond raining and wet and ball security will be an immense challenge. Our running game efficiency is awful, and passing could be near unbearable. 

On the flip side, we play well at home, defense plays well at home, and perhaps it's time to take out the trash and win a game over a team we're simply better than. 

Let's go Browns! 

🤣

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Daaaaaang, I'd be ALL over that!

This game just feels impossible to predict. At some point, the injuries become intolerable, and while getting Ward back helps, this game would've been a true Delpit showcase. Miss him already. Fields is top 3 in the NFL in passes over 20 yards (I forget entire stat, but that's the gist. I think it was completion percentage). 

I also feel like Flacco bounces back to earth a bit, in a game where it's beyond raining and wet and ball security will be an immense challenge. Our running game efficiency is awful, and passing could be near unbearable. 

On the flip side, we play well at home, defense plays well at home, and perhaps it's time to take out the trash and win a game over a team we're simply better than. 

Let's go Browns! 

🤣

Have a gummie lol😀

...but yeah, let's just get the W. It's going to be a toughie today I think.

Browns 23

da Bears 14

• Haha 1

Really hate passing on 1st and 5, but it was good defense by Bears. Njoku got own up, which is rare. And I love our punter, but he can't down a ball inside the 10 to save his life. Maybe wet ball screwed him. 

Boy I hate that deep pass on 2nd. In a good weather game? Absolutely. But you've now punted after 1st and 5 and 2nd and 2, with this coming around midfield. 

And btw, screw Billings. NOW he gets in shape? 🤣

Oh well, defense can score just as easily as offense. 

Fields is going to keep that ball and get a bunch of yards next time. Let's go JOK.