THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The Official  🏈  - NFL WEEK 15 - Bears ▪︎at▪︎ Browns (-3)    🏈  Dec. 17  (O/U 38)

Dutch Oven

10 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

This video does a great job too: https://twitter.com/JeffDLowe/status/1736916481097822528

I don't agree all of them are egregious, but the first three (and especially the first two) are an absolute embarrassment. Not only is it an absolute tragedy, but Garrett could get seriously hurt with the nonsense these guys are getting away with lately. It makes my blood boil man.

I like the one where the guy is on the ground trying to grab Myles leg, they don't even try to hide it, they know the refs aren't calling it.

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 7:09 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Found out this nugget of info driving into work today....

Not only was Roger Goodell at the game yesterday, but so was Ohio Governor Mike Dewine.

In fact, both were in Cleveland all weekend. 

Cleveland Browns Stadium's days are limited. 

That could be totally unrelated....  FWIW, Soldier Field, and whatever they're calling Arrowhead in Kansas City now are far older.  

I'm not deaf to the yapping for a new stadium, and having made the rounds to other NFL venues...  Yeah- First energy isn't all that great by comparison.  They screwed up building it on the fly and cheap... I've said many times keeping sardine city behind the stands is a HUGE fault to keep the "feel" of the old stadium... 

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

It's going to be a tough sell. As much as we love our Browns, there's been a ton of money poured into the downtown area while neighborhoods crumble, police, fire, & service departments staffing way down. I'm guessing an increase to the Sin Tax is in order, with Haslam picking up a substantial portion. 

Tough sell? More like impossible. If you want a dome like Lucas Oil or Ford Field- forget about it. Even going open air, a new place would cost at least $2 billion.... Plus (if you want to believe him) Haslam has said he would prefer staying put and investing big bucks into a renovation. Sure it could be done, look at what Ohio State and the Bears did respectively. 

12 hours ago, Bob806 said:

It's going to be a tough sell. As much as we love our Browns, there's been a ton of money poured into the downtown area while neighborhoods crumble, police, fire, & service departments staffing way down. I'm guessing an increase to the Sin Tax is in order, with Haslam picking up a substantial portion. 

All true, but remember this...

The NFL prints money. 

I'd be really surprised if the Browns are still playing at Browns Stadium by 2030, unless a MASSIVE renovation happens. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tough sell? More like impossible. If you want a dome like Lucas Oil or Ford Field- forget about it. Even going open air, a new place would cost at least $2 billion.... Plus (if you want to believe him) Haslam has said he would prefer staying put and investing big bucks into a renovation. Sure it could be done, look at what Ohio State and the Bears did respectively. 

Interesting you'd mention Ohio State and what the Bears did. 

Was listening to a Podcast with ex-OSU OLineman Kirk Barton, and he was mentioning how badly Ohio Stadium needed a massive renovation again. And the Bears completely did completely rebuild Soldier Field, and already are itching to leave it for a new stadium in the suburbs. 

We'll see... but I've never really bought the idea that the Haslams have any real interest in staying at Browns Stadium, renovated or not. 

3 hours ago, runyon27 said:

I like the one where the guy is on the ground trying to grab Myles leg, they don't even try to hide it, they know the refs aren't calling it.

I know - very good point!  I don't think the church mouse silence from our organization/ownership is working.  They gotta start getting the pictures/videos like our fans are sharing of multiple holds vrs 1 team and asking why not 1 flag was thrown.  

21 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

This video does a great job too: https://twitter.com/JeffDLowe/status/1736916481097822528

I don't agree all of them are egregious, but the first three (and especially the first two) are an absolute embarrassment. Not only is it an absolute tragedy, but Garrett could get seriously hurt with the nonsense these guys are getting away with lately. It makes my blood boil man.

I hear ya!   If holding is a penalty - it needs to be enforced whether it's egregious or not.  If you want to stop it - FLAG IT!

The officials are treating this like they would be calling pass interference on a desperate Hail Mary pass that determines the outcome of the game.  2 of the last 3 weeks that the officials were blowing off enforcing a rule of the game that erased Cleveland's biggest defensive weapon resulted in 2 losses and 1 too close for comfort win.  More specifically, it mattered.  

Nobody has to agree with this; BUT there's a part of me that feels Rodger Goodell doesn't want to see Cleveland in the playoffs.  I'm quite certain officiating crews are aware of this.  Rodger was at that Bears game; and I get the strong feeling (right or wrong) he didn't want to see that crew calling a lot, if any, holds against Myles.  I'm not saying he said that directly to the crew; but he could have said something as little as "I love to watch football games that aren't taken hostage by the penalty flags.  Have a good game guys."  Their discretion all game long was a lot like the last few games that Myles struggled to sack the QB outside of the sack on the untimed 2 point conversion attempt that doesn't count on his volume of sacks for the season.  From my lens - this is the biggest way to impact Cleveland's ability to win or overcome their unreasonable injury volume.  From someone most interested in volume of viewers that would remain large if more teams don't clinch early wild card/playoff spots prior to the last game of the regular season - he's absolutely fine with how the officials called that game.  

Someone from the organization (beside a player) has to speak up about the problem.  Multiple pictures and videos seem like a very good approach to getting the cue to action the Browns need back from the league.  Or, the Browns can stick with their usual/traditional acceptance of meaningless prewritten apology letters from the head of the league pretending to care while it's thinking "it's only the Cleveland Browns."   I think it's time the Browns stop enabling that tradition to continue...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, syd said:

is it getting back in coverage ? flipping his hip's (as they say ) the reason he went undrafted ?  I mean dude can hit some people.

Pretty much answered your own question, my good man.   Ronnie has always been a missile coming down to hit or tackle. He often found himself out of position, taking questionable angles in the passing game and diagnosing route combinations then driving slower than you'd want as a DB.  Reminded me of Nate Salley a good deal at tOSU, just a better athlete. 

• Thanks 1

• mjp28 unpinned this topic