THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The "Official"  🏈  ▪︎ NFL WEEK 16 ▪︎  BROWNS (-2½) -at- Texans  🏈  Dec.23  (O/U 40)

Dutch Oven

41 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Merry Christmas everyone!   The Commish (Goodell) that cares so much about the health and safety of the players has the Browns playing again in 4 days (quite possibly without very reliable kicker).  Get your rest and let's rock again in here on Thursday.

lets say after week 12 just get rid of thursday football

And our  Cleveland  BROWNS  (10 - 5)  are playoff bound ...... baby.

And  a  Merry Christmas    ~  🎄  ~   to all this  year  !

Screenshot_2023-12-24_165505.jpg

Edited by mjp28

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Who exactly is the patron saint of placekickers? 

"Maybe we better find one pretty  soon,  I can't see the  BROWNS  going forever without a good kicker."

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I take full credit for everything he's doing today. I left him on the bench in my FFL team this week. You are all welcome!😁

Could have won the day there Tex...  And keep wearing the orange Cardiac Kid pants too...  

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And our  Cleveland  BROWNS  (10 - 5)  are playoff bound ...... baby.

And  a  Merry Christmas    ~  🎄  ~   to all this  year  !

Screenshot_2023-12-24_165505.jpg

>99%? Maybe we could talk scenarios where the Browns could miss the playoffs- I'll assume starting with two losses.  :)   Just beat the Jets Thursday, and we're in. 

Regarding those TNF games... Yeah, they're a joke- but at least in this case, both the Browns and Jets have to travel to Cleveland.  So sorry Friday Night lights, time for the NFL to thumb their noses at High School football.  If you're selling out to Peacock for games that fans are going to have to sign up for one week to watch their team? Do the math.  

The Browns have had the magic this year but they still do stuff that drives you mad. Why is Dustin Hopkins chasing someone down on a kickoff? Why are they calling pass plays that almost gets DTR put on IR with a sizable lead late in the game? Why is ZaDarius Smith look like he is IR bound in garbage time? Why is there nobody else on the roster that can kick a ball off a tee? You would think that even a punter has kicked a ball off a tee at some point in his life. 

11 minutes ago, Neo said:

Why is Dustin Hopkins chasing someone down on a kickoff?

doing his job trying to stop a td

Why is ZaDarius Smith look like he is IR bound in garbage time?

he only came in with the rest of the starters, cause houston scored two quick td's

You would think that even a punter has kicked a ball off

he was hurt also, Bell kicked off for us

8 minutes ago, syd said:

he was hurt also, Bell kicked off for us

Was referring to when he was kicking off that he was squibbing the kicks. I mean, for real, this guy never kicked off a tee in his life? I'm just thinking back when Doug Flutie converted a drop kick for the Pats years ago and we don't have anyone who can do kickoffs besides Hopkins.

Just now, Neo said:

Was referring to when he was kicking off that he was squibbing the kicks. I mean, for real, this guy never kicked off a tee in his life? I'm just thinking back when Doug Flutie converted a drop kick for the Pats years ago and we don't have anyone who can do kickoffs besides Hopkins.

never really worried about a back up kicker before, But i get ya

GO BROWNS  AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

You DO understand he's not a 1st string or even 2nd string RT right?

Oh I do, but he was rough. Like, really rough. If you get a chance, watch that play DTR got folded. It was the second time I saw where Hudson totally mistimed his jab and hit air. Backups are going to struggle but yeeesh. It's odd to see because Hudson is an elite athlete. He moves SO well and is extremely agile, but his timing on anything out in space is so lacking. 

But, like you said, he's a backup for a reason. If he could consistently pass and run block, he'd be a starter. At least he's healthy! 

• Like 1

Our kicker got hurt because nobody tackled the guy he kicked off too.  :(

Great win for our Defense.

Great win for our Pass Offense.

Great win for Flacco,  Cooper,  Njoku.   

After we lost to the Rams I said that we had to win the next 4 to get into the playoffs.   1  More!    

----   And now we'll all have an even Merrier Christmas...now that we got our present!   :)   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

After we lost to the Rams I said that we had to win the next 4 to get into the playoffs.   1  More!    

The Jets game has trap written all over it. Short week, #7 ranked defense, and they know we will be missing one of our biggest weapons in Hopkins. Better hope it's not a game of field goals.

3 hours ago, syd said:

never really worried about a back up kicker before, But i get ya

GO BROWNS  AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

And have a Merry Christmas  syd  🎄  and a Happy New Year !  Here's to an interesting  2024 !  

It might get really interesting this coming week !     GO BROWNS !