THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

Per your points, both Kelly and Moorhead look like they could be a great fit for the Ohio State Offense.  Seeing another Buckeye crowned Rookie of the Year last night reminds everyone Ohio State is a very attractive place to be an OC.

Chip Kelly named o.c  

edit didnt day and kelly coach  at new Hampshire 

1 hour ago, syd said:

Chip Kelly named o.c  

edit didnt day and kelly coach  at new Hampshire 

When Day was the QB at the University of New Hampshire - Chip Kelly was the OC there.  I think Kelly hired Day as the QB Coach for the Philadelphia Eagles.  A year or so later Kelly got released by the Eagles and I think Day followed him to the next Coaching job Kelly got.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Wow. He left a head coaching job to be OC at OSU. 

I get the impression he was dying to leave, hopefully have a good season or two at Ohio State and get a good OC gig in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I get the impression he was dying to leave, hopefully have a good season or two at Ohio State and get a good OC gig in the NFL. 

Fine with me. It is hilarious that guys are willing to give up HC jobs to come to OSU. and the rats are jumping ship up north as fast as they can

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Fine with me. It is hilarious that guys are willing to give up HC jobs to come to OSU. and the rats are jumping ship up north as fast as they can

they did pick up d.c wink martindale a nother former ratbird

On 2/9/2024 at 11:35 PM, Browns149 said:

OSU is definitely hiring the hottest coaching names ... of 2010

50 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We just won the national championship... I'm pretty ok

You sound it.  🤣  The transfer portals have been busy.

Meanwhile, the extra point in the Super Bowl just turned into the Moody Blues...

35 minutes ago, Flugel said:

You sound it.  🤣  The transfer portals have been busy.

Meanwhile, the extra point in the Super Bowl just turned into the Moody Blues...

It must be rough having to scrape for anything right now... Even trying to go after a Michigan player in the SB that has two 50+ yard field goals lol 

But sure dude, whatever makes you feel better.

I'm pretty happy winning the national championship 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It must be rough having to scrape for anything right now... Even trying to go after a Michigan player in the SB that has two 50+ yard field goals lol 

But sure dude, whatever makes you feel better.

I'm pretty happy winning the national championship 

Let us know when you've finally convinced yourself you're happy. They just don't make it easy on you. If poor Jake Moody only made that extra point tonight - SF wouldn't be feeling the Moody Blues. The commentators really held that poor guy accountable.  

57 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Let us know when you've finally convinced yourself you're happy. They just don't make it easy on you. If poor Jake Moody only made that extra point tonight - SF wouldn't be feeling the Moody Blues. The commentators really held that poor guy accountable.  

Yes, coming from the guy desperately flailing around hoping anything sticks...

SBFBOII5JZAU7EEXJMPVTENG4Q.jpg

But hey, our former kicker had a PAT blocked and only hit 3 FGs, two of them 50+... I mean I must be in shambles...

But really, keep trying, this is hilarious 

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, coming from the guy desperately flailing around hoping anything sticks...

SBFBOII5JZAU7EEXJMPVTENG4Q.jpg

But hey, our former kicker had a PAT blocked and only hit 3 FGs, two of them 50+... I mean I must be in shambles...

But really, keep trying, this is hilarious 

The Asterisks are just killing you. I've never seen so many people flee from a program this quickly. We know exactly why that is.  I'm sure those stranded will be happy to know you're ready to go with your next "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury"  to anyone at any time. 

Unfortunately, a salesman has to believe in the product he's selling and you're just not getting it done here.  

22 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The Asterisks are just killing you. I've never seen so many people flee from a program this quickly. We know exactly why that is.  I'm sure those stranded will be happy to know you're ready to go with your next "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury"  to anyone at any time. 

Unfortunately, a salesman has to believe in the product he's selling and you're just not getting it done here.  

Oh, my apologies, I didn't realize you are 11 years old and are completely new to college football.

This is all making a lot more sense now

You keep believing in whatever you need to, little guy. Hang in there. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh, my apologies, I didn't realize you are 11 years old and are completely new to college football.

This is all making a lot more sense now

You keep believing in whatever you need to, little guy. Hang in there. 

🤣 Another example of lost composure from our brand new expert on 11 year old behavior.  Adorable!

Let's fact check your new to college football statement above. I know Ohio State has won 2 National Championships this century while Michigan has only won 1 with asterisks.  I started following Ohio State in 1972 so I wouldn't call that as new to college football as you want me to be.  That was probably at least a decade or 2 before the young lil Woody Maize began his potty training.

Since 1940: Ohio State won 8 National Championships 1942, 1954, 1957, 1961, 1968, 1970, 2002, 2014 while Michigan only won 3 in 1948, 1997, 2023.

This century, Urban Meyer was 7-0 against Michigan (2012-2018); while Jim Tressel was only 9-1 against Michigan (2001-2010).  

I see why this hits a nerve with you.  The asterisks + suspension + Harbaugh's expedited departure from Michigan doesn't look like good news on the way to Ann Arbor.  Didn't you used to cheerlead back in high school with an Ann Arbor?  

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

🤣 Another example of lost composure from our brand new expert on 11 year old behavior.  Adorable!

Let's fact check your new to college football statement above. I know Ohio State has won 2 National Championships this century while Michigan has only won 1 with asterisks.  I started following Ohio State in 1972 so I wouldn't call that as new to college football as you want me to be.  That was probably at least a decade or 2 before the young lil Woody Maize began his potty training.

Since 1940: Ohio State won 8 National Championships 1942, 1954, 1957, 1961, 1968, 1970, 2002, 2014 while Michigan only won 3 in 1948, 1997, 2023.

This century, Urban Meyer was 7-0 against Michigan (2012-2018); while Jim Tressel was only 9-1 against Michigan (2001-2010).  

I see why this hits a nerve with you.  The asterisks + suspension + Harbaugh's expedited departure from Michigan doesn't look like good news on the way to Ann Arbor.  Didn't you used to cheerlead back in high school with an Ann Arbor?  

Yeah man, it hit *my* nerve... Haha

You have fun in here. Maybe next year?

Until then Go Blue. National champions 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah man, it hit *my* nerve... Haha

You have fun in here. Maybe next year?

Until then Go Blue. National champions 

Seriously, why are you even on this board?

You don't give a shit about the Browns. 

Jesus, your profile pic is some mediocre TCUN player who doesn't even play with the Browns. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, syd said:

ucla is not a football hot bed, So i would say he did  pretty good

2021 Chip Kelly 8–4 6–3 T–2nd (South) CX Holiday[n 10]    
2022 Chip Kelly 9–4 6–3 5th L Sun 21 21
2023 Chip Kelly 8–5 4–5

Thanks Syd!  The good thing here is he only has to focus on his strength - coordinating an offense.  

On 2/11/2024 at 10:24 PM, MLD Woody said:

I’m pretty happy winning the national championship 

Just wait until your team wins their second one.

But you probably won’t be alive when that happens.

• Haha 2

It was announced yesterday that Ryan Day announced that James Laurinaitis is now an official full-time coach, he will coach the linebackers. 

This won't hurt Ohio State's ability to recruit defensive players. They also gave DLine coach Larry Johnson a two year extension. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm about to drop a truly random Dutch dropping on yo' asses...

The architect who designed Ohio Stadium, "The Horseshoe", was Howard Dwight Smith.

His granddaughter is actress Beverly D'Angelo. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm about to drop a truly random Dutch dropping on yo' asses...

The architect who designed Ohio Stadium, "The Horseshoe", was Howard Dwight Smith.

His granddaughter is actress Beverly D'Angelo. 

WOW !  A true  National Lampoon Vacation  fame there alright.    :o      How about that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Earlier this week, Ohio State's men's basketball head coach Chris Holtmann was fired. 

Just now:

Ohio State 73, #2 Purdue 69.

maybe if they make a little noise in the tourny, they could sneak in to the big dance

Just now, syd said:

maybe if they make a little noise in the tourny, they could sneak in to the big dance

Their overall record is 15-11, but they started 12-2. 

But this is a good start. We'll have to see if they can use this to turn their season around. 

On 2/16/2024 at 7:04 AM, Dutch Oven said:

It was announced yesterday that Ryan Day announced that James Laurinaitis is now an official full-time coach, he will coach the linebackers. 

This won't hurt Ohio State's ability to recruit defensive players. They also gave DLine coach Larry Johnson a two year extension. 

Good news indeed!  Any Katzenmoyer offspring out there ready to be Buckeyes?  That guy used to stick people or as Keith Jackson would say: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Big Kat really laid the lumber on that poor little Wolverine.  He's got em all feeling like Smithereens out there!" 

I just dug this article up to see if he was coaching anywhere.  The article might be a little dated now.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/03/92168/mask-off-andy-katzenmoyers-new-life

• Like 1